• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Frumix

Suffering From Success
On average you need 4 dungeons of your respective level per level past level 51 now.
For example, the Vault now gives ~840 000 exp with the Armory bonus.
That's pretty good.

Omni

I played for far too long earlier. Got my Dark Knight to level 50. Had some poetics saved so I bought a bunch of gear from Mor Dhona which bumped it to i90 or so.

Question. Is there any place to buy a weapon that's in between... oh I don't know. My current one (i48) and i120? It's probably not the best idea to start doing later dungeons while undergeared

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I played for far too long earlier. Got my Dark Knight to level 50. Had some poetics saved so I bought a bunch of gear from Mor Dhona which bumped it to i90 or so.

Question. Is there any place to buy a weapon that's in between... oh I don't know. My current one (i48) and i120? It's probably not the best idea to start doing later dungeons while undergeared

There's a 115 weapon you can buy either on the marketboards or from the vendor at Falcon's Nest in CWH.

Ken

At Mor Dhona, you can buy Rowena's Tokens (Poetics) for 60 poetic each. Get 10 of those and an Encrypted Tomestone for another 300 Poetics and that'll get you an Ironworks weapon from the other NPC. It's i120, but you can buy Carbontwines for poetics as well which will take it to i130 at Gerolt, which should last you until level 57.

If you have Silver Feathers from the referral program, those can be traded in at the Calamity Salvager for i120 as well.

Otherwise, do what Frumix says and that should be good for awhile too.

Demoskinos

On average you need 4 dungeons of your respective level per level past level 51 now.
For example, the Vault now gives ~840 000 exp with the Armory bonus.
That's pretty good.

Oh man, that's awesome going to make it lot less stressful to get all my secondary classes up to 60.

At Mor Dhona, you can buy Rowena's Tokens (Poetics) for 60 poetic each. Get 10 of those and an Encrypted Tomestone for another 300 Poetics and that'll get you an Ironworks weapon from the other NPC. It's i120, but you can buy Carbontwines for poetics as well which will take it to i130 at Gerolt, which should last you until level 57.

Dark Knight doesn't have Poetics weapons.

Edit: Ooops. Nevermind. I had looked up a wiki page on poetics stuff, but it seems that page is outdated. Going to the Dark Knight weapon page shows there is an Ironworks Greatsword.

Valor

Slice, somebody on Reddit found your tank soulmate.

Meanwhile, I was happy the healer bailed the hell out. You Do Not Get To Force Things By Threatening A Temper Tantrum should be in the EULA.

I mean, I see where this tank is coming from since there are a bunch of healers who dps even though they barely know how to heal, which shouldn't be the case. It ends up making runs take way longer when you die on trash pulls even while popping cooldowns and stuff. 2/10 would not run again. But yeah, I would never say dumb shit like that tank did.

can-worms-18123327.jpg

studyguy

If we're alive, I don't give a fuck what the Healer is doing.
I have more troubles with slow or generally terrible DPS than I normally do with bad heals.

Anything else is whatever, ESPECIALLY for general dungeons. Get out of your own ass, it's 4 man DF.
giphy.gif

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Damn my damn slow internet connection damnit. Was about to play for a few hours before lunch. But then I got a notice Bloodborne had a 9GB patch/DLC. Now I have to wait 5 hours.

iammeiam

I mean, I see where this tank is coming from since there are a bunch of healers who dps even though they barely know how to heal, which shouldn't be the case. It ends up making runs take way longer when you die on trash pulls even while popping cooldowns and stuff. 2/10 would not run again. But yeah, I would never say dumb shit like that tank did.

Eh. If I started every run listing out dumb shit DF randoms do that drag runs out that I would rather not see, the timer would expire before the first pull. Healer DPS doesn't seem to be a much bigger problem than tanks that can't AOE threat, bards that don't AOE, BLMs that think Fire 1 Fire 3 Blizz 1 Blizz 3 Fire 2 is a good rotation, monks that lose GL3 multiple times in a single fight, etc etc etc. Healer DPS is just sort of a weird thing to fixate on because trash healing is so braindead easy that if you can't heal and DPS you probably can't really heal either.

Plus I have no patience for tank privilege.

Sorian

Banned
Eh. If I started every run listing out dumb shit DF randoms do that drag runs out that I would rather not see, the timer would expire before the first pull. Healer DPS doesn't seem to be a much bigger problem than tanks that can't AOE threat, bards that don't AOE, BLMs that think Fire 1 Fire 3 Blizz 1 Blizz 3 Fire 2 is a good rotation, monks that lose GL3 multiple times in a single fight, etc etc etc. Healer DPS is just sort of a weird thing to fixate on because trash healing is so braindead easy that if you can't heal and DPS you probably can't really heal either.

Plus I have no patience for tank privilege.

My goal is only to do more DPS than a MCH.

Mission Accomplished

My goal is only to do more DPS than a MCH.

Mission Accomplished
Funny story:

I was running Fractal as AST and the tank asked me if I'll dps. She said she didn't think healers had good dps even at my level. I agreed to help out. Near the end of the dungeon she was convinced I was doing better dps than the MCH and called MCH a shit class, insulted our MCH and left right before the final boss.

Sorian

Banned
Real talk: I've done pulls where I'm pretty sure my turret is out-DPSing DF BLMs.

Yeah, I believe it. I know the funny is to say that 2.x BLM was braindead but I think people would be amazed how many players can't wrap their head around umbral ice and astral fire mechanic.

Valor

I will say I didn't think 3.0 BLM rotation was all that superior until I ran a DF with a BLM using 2.0 rotation and nothing ever died and I'm still stuck in that neverreap please send help.

Sorian

Banned
I will say I didn't think 3.0 BLM rotation was all that superior until I ran a DF with a BLM using 2.0 rotation and nothing ever died and I'm still stuck in that neverreap please send help.

I kind of zone in out diadem HM when we are killing triceratops so I might revert to 2.x rotation more than I should >_>

The GAF cave woke me up though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Funny story:

I was running Fractal as AST and the tank asked me if I'll dps. She said she didn't think healers had good dps even at my level. I agreed to help out. Near the end of the dungeon she was convinced I was doing better dps than the MCH and called MCH a shit class, insulted our MCH and left right before the final boss.

Being a healer in Void Ark is the best. You can secretly AFK and no one will say a thing!

Zomba13

If we're alive, I don't give a fuck what the Healer is doing.
I have more troubles with slow or generally terrible DPS than I normally do with bad heals.

Anything else is whatever, ESPECIALLY for general dungeons. Get out of your own ass, it's 4 man DF.
giphy.gif

Pretty much this.

Yeah, a healer DPSing makes things go faster and is a sign of a better player (if they can DPS and still stop you from dying) but as long as the healer is at least healing then whatever.

In harder content then sure, Healers may need to go in on their DPS to pass checks but in a standard 4 man dungeon or even things like CT and VA then who cares? Will probably spend longer bitching about the healer not DPSing than the extra time it takes for the clear.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yeah.

Everyone knows you just cast Fire 3 until mana is gone because it's the strongest.
If you want to be a terrible BLM, sure. The optimal DF single target rotation is Fire 3 Blizzard 3 for fast casts and never having to wait for mana ticks. Freeze works for AoE.

Ken

Dark Knight doesn't have Poetics weapons.

Edit: Ooops. Nevermind. I had looked up a wiki page on poetics stuff, but it seems that page is outdated. Going to the Dark Knight weapon page shows there is an Ironworks Greatsword.

Yeah, the three new jobs all got poetic weapons.

studyguy

So since my FC is dead as fuck, I've resorted to sending my airship out on flights for myself. Selling off the 12 or whatever IVs I get myself. I made so much cash off this I just said fuck it and bought myself some nice stuff. What else am I to do with it...

Squishy3

One of my early tanking experiences in FFXIV was pulling the first mob in Halatali and the healer straight up just didn't heal me, let me die and then they vote kicked me.

WolvenOne

Wonder if it would have even made a difference in their DPS.

Kinda moot even if it did. The Tank and other DPS entered together, and healers get fast DF queues. The person who had the most to lose by ticking everyone else off was the DPS that solo-queued.

WolvenOne

I wonder if one of the next raids in the Shadow of Mhach(sp?) series will take us into the Floating City of Nym.

I mean, if these are War of the Magi themed raids, then Nym would fit, and I actually want to see that up close for once.

MrHoot

I wonder if one of the next raids in the Shadow of Mhach(sp?) series will take us into the Floating City of Nym.

I mean, if these are War of the Magi themed raids, then Nym would fit, and I actually want to see that up close for once.

They shall call it

The Ides of Mhach

Give me a job Square Enix

Top Bottom