• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Jeels

3.1 MSQ

Just met Thancred...that Warrior of Darkness fight was pretty cool and sort of meta with all the CGI scenes over the years...but why did they make Thancred so ugly ;_;

dramatis

3.1 MSQ

Just met Thancred...that Warrior of Darkness fight was pretty cool and sort of meta with all the CGI scenes over the years...but why did they make Thancred so ugly ;_;
What do you mean, ugly

He's
Punished Thancred now

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had a DF: MSQ that I joined in progress on Castrum and the group was insistent on killing every mob. We only got like 40k experience for them.

buabQhT.jpg

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Got my archer up to level 15. What's the difference between quests and a guildleve?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Got my archer up to level 15. What's the difference between quests and a guildleve?

Quests are one-offs and if they're part of the main story have a bunch of stuff locked behind them.

Guildleves are repeatable quests pulled out of a list at random.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I'm finished for the evening. I lvled up to 19. As soon as I level up to 20 I'll start doing a craftsman dicipline. The best weapons in these sort of games always seem to be handmade.

aceface

I'm finished for the evening. I lvled up to 19. As soon as I level up to 20 I'll start doing a craftsman dicipline. The best weapons in these sort of games always seem to be handmade.

Not this game! You can't craft any high level weapons. You can craft some better armor but the best stuff drops from raids...and uh dino island.

Omni

Attribute points for Dark Knight?

I've put them all into vitality so far but I heard that strength is the better way to go? Does it particularly matter?

IvorB

I went in yesterday to help a friend, group had trouble on the second trash pack, a few died on the second boss's LoS attack, we wiped on Cuchulainn, more than half the alliance kept getting petrified during Echidna.

The SCH I got had their fairy on auto, didn't cast a single spell aside from Succor every 10s. People running all over the place out of healing range, BRDs never singing, terrible DPS. This is the intended audience. It's just the right difficulty for its intended audience.

For normal people, yeah, it's too easy.

It is pretty easy. That being said I've only done it twice, both will full gaf groups the first day after reset. I would assume that doing it with randos just before reset would be fairly horrifying.

I did it through DF and we just blazed through it. I still don't know if that first boss has any actual mechanics going on which is pretty different to Scylla and Anrga Maynou (sp?) which both had things happening that you actually had to pay attention to. The last fight is a joke compared to Cloud of Darkness. I dunno, it just makes it seem more like fluff content and not very memorably to me.

xxczx

I did it through DF and we just blazed through it. I still don't know if that first boss has any actual mechanics going on which is pretty different to Scylla and Anrga Maynou (sp?) which both had things happening that you actually had to pay attention to. The last fight is a joke compared to Cloud of Darkness. I dunno, it just makes it seem more like fluff content and not very memorably to me.
first boss has 'divebombs' which can wipe people out if nobody is paying attention. thats about it

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Not this game! You can't craft any high level weapons. You can craft some better armor but the best stuff drops from raids...and uh dino island.

Good to know. I see a lot of folks crafting stuff out in the open. It made me think they were making, or improving, their kit.

Just had a diadem group disband within 10 minutes. People poorly kiting/ignoring mobs for currents. One healer ragequitted, Two players switched to DOL and bounced so getting a chest pop was impossible....
uh how long do I have to wait to requeue? It's been an hour and I didn't think I would go 82/99 for the Pegasus whistle with only 3 runs under my belt. Would like to stop doing this content asap

IvorB

Just had a diadem group disband within 10 minutes. People poorly kiting/ignoring mobs for currents. One healer ragequitted, Two players switched to DOL and bounced so getting a chest pop was impossible....
uh how long do I have to wait to requeue? It's been an hour and I didn't think I would go 82/99 for the Pegasus whistle with only 3 runs under my belt. Would like to stop doing this content asap

You can check under 'timers' in the menus.

aceface

So I think that 30 second piano introduction to the Pharos HM music might be the best thing ever. I don't care if the rest is the same, it was already awesome.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I thought Yda's gear was obtainable in-game (other than those goggles they all have). :eek:

Pretty sure it is. Only incentives for buying the cash shop set are the helmet and getting to wear a hyur loincloth as other races.

Sora_N

Did Aurum Vale for the first time, first run we lost the healer (quit at Locksmith) and second time we lost the tank right before the boss.

The healer switched to tank (this was on DF) and then we luckily got a healer too.

That was rough, the dungeon is kind of tough though.

Squishy3

that lol drg guy is also one of those pvp adders with a shitty attitude

Duty finder is fucked. 20+ min to queue for expert.

try 1 hour and a half for low level roulette at reset.

I was at 45+ last night before I gave up.
yeah, it's all kinds of broken right now. expert queue times have been fine for me and normal dungeon queues are fine but low leveling roulette queue times are absolutely terrible

Sora_N

that lol drg guy is also one of those pvp adders with a shitty attitude

yeah, it's all kinds of broken right now. expert queue times have been fine for me and normal dungeon queues are fine but low leveling roulette queue times are absolutely terrible

I was in the 30's last week for BLM and it was hell, now that I'm 40+ it's been ok.

Omni

Got the Pirate's Coat of Healing crafted for me today. All I had to do was provide the ingredients and someone offered to do it, so that's cool. Nice looking glamour. Probably prefer my Bolero but still

Slightly unrelated... I'm officially completely broke in this game. Can't even repair armour right now. Haha

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give ECHO ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Demoskinos

So I started the quest for the ceremony of Eternal Bonding today. Good lord that is a lot of goddamn busy work. I figured you'd run around talk to a few people pick a time and be done.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Leveled up my carpentry dicipline to lvl 15. It was pretty easy. But damn I spent a lot of gil getting there.

Top Bottom