• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So trying to plan out what mats to gather with the airship and I need to know if anyone in the fc is planning or currently gathering mats to convert their personal house into a Moogle house. The mats for the trees drop in low lv sectors with mostly crap mats, so if no one is interested in making a house I'll probably focus the airship on other islands next week.

Qvoth

anybody messed with diadem again after yesterday's patch?
if i understood things correctly, basically gorilla farm is no longer the most efficient?
what now? farming rank 4s?

Is the Frontline PvP roulette broken or something? I've qued for the roulette for almost an hour and a half-requeing every 30mins. This has been going on for the past week or so for me.

I can only assume its that or someone is queing for slaughter or secure and ruinning the roulette in the process. I just want my extra wolfmarks for the caster set damn it.

Sifl

Is the Frontline PvP roulette broken or something? I've qued for the roulette for almost an hour and a half-requeing every 30mins. This has been going on for the past week or so for me.

I can only assume its that or someone is queing for slaughter or secure and ruinning the roulette in the process. I just want my extra wolfmarks for the caster set damn it.
You can try seal, it's been fast all night. I'd be enjoying it more if I wasn't dcing every match though.

iammeiam

Whoever decided to have the game reinitialize the controller every time Device Manager refreshes should be slapped. Repeatedly.

I dunno, you let me die a lot... Angary can attest to this.

"Which cooldown did you use for Flatten?"

"Uh... I couldn't decide... so none."

that's the only death I remember sorry

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
this guy

is staring into your soul

CUtkSsaXIAA2vrJ.jpg

You can try seal, it's been fast all night. I'd be enjoying it more if I wasn't dcing every match though.

Yeah that's exactly what the problem was-someone qued for a mode no one does. I haven't done Slaughter eight man in forever. It was pretty much exactly how I remember it in a microcosm. 2 sides gang up on one side right in the middle. Seal was faster by comparison.

So how does one git gud as BLM in PvP? People move around too much to do anything more than bank procs and unleash them on one target. Of course Fire IV is super fun when it crits-its almost like Fell Cleave then, and crowd control is nice for locking up healers/other ranged dps.

Ken

So how does one git gud as BLM in PvP? People move around too much to do anything more than bank procs and unleash them on one target. Of course Fire IV is super fun when it crits-its almost like Fell Cleave then, and crowd control is nice for locking up healers/other ranged dps.

Phantom Dart and {run away}.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Blizzard II -> Cometeor

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Finally made it to the GAF house. Very nice. But 300k for a room? :O I'm sleeping on the damn sofa.

3.0 WAR seems fun, I still have to get the hang of Deliverance, dps in DF are lacking and I want the dungeon to go faster. Fell Cleave seems unfair.

xxczx

Yeah, that's unfortunately what happens. It happens with Seal Rock too, you get placed in a 72 queue (when there isn't enough people for a 72) while 24 matches would be much more ideal.

Vhalyar

Any suggestions on how to setup controller bars for healers? Or AST, in particular.

I've decided to jump back in (stopped a little before Alex came out) but now that I'm using a laptop I really want to give controllers a go. Seems a bit scary to set it up by trial and experiment since that might be party disaster :)

Ken

Any suggestions on how to setup controller bars for healers? Or AST, in particular.

I've decided to jump back in (stopped a little before Alex came out) but now that I'm using a laptop I really want to give controllers a go. Seems a bit scary to set it up by trial and experiment since that might be party disaster :)

Stuff you press the most and important/spammable cooldowns go on your primary bar. Cleric Stance, offensive skills, and stuff you only need to hit occasionally at specific parts of a fight (Disable, Protect, Ascend, Swiftcast) go on the expanded crossbar. That's how I do most of my healers on controller.

Set up a hotbar and place cooldowns on it so even if you put them on the expanded, you can still see their cooldowns.

You also want to consider which skills get assigned to the D-pad or buttons for movement reasons since your thumb will be on the movement stick when you need to move. Because of that, my card skills and non-healing CDs are on D-pads since it won't be catastrophic if I fail to hit those while moving. However, I definitely want the option to cast heals while moving so the actual heals themselves are on buttons.

Vhalyar

Stuff you press the most and important/spammable cooldowns go on your primary bar. Cleric Stance, offensive skills, and stuff you only need to hit occasionally at specific parts of a fight (Disable, Protect, Ascend, Swiftcast) go on the expanded crossbar. That's how I do most of my healers on controller.

Set up a hotbar and place cooldowns on it so even if you put them on the expanded, you can still see their cooldowns.

You also want to consider which skills get assigned to the D-pad or buttons for movement reasons since your thumb will be on the movement stick when you need to move. Because of that, my card skills and non-healing CDs are on D-pads since it won't be catastrophic if I fail to hit those while moving. However, I definitely want the option to cast heals while moving so the actual heals themselves are on buttons.

Thanks!

I reconfigured my WHM and damn, it's a bit overwhelming. Should be easier to deal with on the AST since I'm only at level 40 with the job.

Welp.

Looking for a tank, Pref WAR, for my static.

Working on final phase a3.

We have 2 dps nerds who will judge you mercilessly. The meek need not apply. That said, we are a super fun bunch.

If anyone knows someone who is looking, please let me know their name here or find me in game. Davos Wynter.

Ultros

Squishy3

This also happened. RE: Haurchefant localization

Also a neat tidbit:

Corvinoobus said:
For our cutscenes, we consult with the cutscene team in the early stages, when the blocking and animations for key scenes are still being worked out. This is especially important for voiced content, since we usually record lines well in advance with only stage directions and story boards (just the other day I was sitting with the cutscene team for several hours as they discussed the elaborate custom animations that would be required for 3.2 main scenario and a certain...well, you'll just have to look forward to it!). We check the cutscenes at various stages of their development to ensure that there are no problematic animations or contradictions with our voice files, and should we discover any, we negotiate with the cutscene and scenario teams to find a solution that satisfies everyone.

Top Bottom