• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I think getting from fresh to 60 if you don't distract yourself with side activities and leveling other classes takes about 130-150 hours?
It's what my napkin calculations from leveling a character in 3.05 say.

pronk420

oh wo I had no idea it took that long. I don't think I'll ever have time to put that much into it so probably not much point in getting it!

Bladelaw

Ok question on copies: I made a trial account on Steam, I've been waiting for a sale to pick the game up.

Amazon has the game on sale for $10. This is a direct download code, not a physical box. Can I "activate" this code on Steam to get the game? Or should I keep waiting for Steam to put the game on sale?

Follow-up: if I can't can I tie this version of the game to the account I made during the Trial setup?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Ok question on copies: I made a trial account on Steam, I've been waiting for a sale to pick the game up.

Amazon has the game on sale for $10. This is a direct download code, not a physical box. Can I "activate" this code on Steam to get the game? Or should I keep waiting for Steam to put the game on sale?

No, I'm pretty sure it's not Steam-compatible, but rather standalone.
If you want to continue your Steam account, you'll have to buy it on Steam (as well as every expansion, if any).

Bladelaw

No, I'm pretty sure it's not Steam-compatible, but rather standalone.
If you want to continue your Steam account, you'll have to buy it on Steam (as well as every expansion, if any).

Sorry added my follow up right before you posted but if I can't activate on Steam can I tie this version of the game to the account I made during the Trial setup?

Zhao_Yun

Waited 220 minutes in DF for World of Darkness last night. I have a problem :<

I was really lucky on Monday. Queued for WoD as a tank together with a dps from the FC and the queue popped after only 3 minutes. In the end I got the tank coat I had wished for and my FC mate got Puff of Darkness. Couldn't have gone better :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I was really lucky on Monday. Queued for WoD as a tank together with a dps from the FC and the queue popped after only 3 minutes. In the end I got the tank coat I had wished for and my FC mate got Puff of Darkness. Couldn't have gone better :)

That Puff is a unicorn :<

Ken

I think getting from fresh to 60 if you don't distract yourself with side activities and leveling other classes takes about 130-150 hours?
It's what my napkin calculations from leveling a character in 3.05 say.

Yeah but you already know what you're doing.

Leunam

If I switch over to Immortal Flames for one of their weapons, then switch back to Maelstrom, will I be able to glamour the Flames weapon? I won't be able to equip it, but I'll still have it in my possession. I'm guessing the answer is no.

Ken

If I switch over to Immortal Flames for one of their weapons, then switch back to Maelstrom, will I be able to glamour the Flames weapon? I won't be able to equip it, but I'll still have it in my possession. I'm guessing the answer is no.

Do the weapons actually have GC restrictions?

If they do, I assume it just disables the glamours like how it does for PvP stuff if you aren't of the right rank, or for job specific stuff.

Reddit says no.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/224ebi/question_about_glamour_grand_companies/

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Bookey and Qhon are the only MNK players I know and Bookey gave that life up, so.... Qhon?

There's probably a bunch of other Monks around. I live under a rock.

iammeiam

Once we work out best MNK, it's time to move on to the other highly relevant and competitive categories of best PLD and best AST.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
best egi competition

What's the criteria for best? Can we go by best future minion?

Because Titan egi minion wins.

BHUz1vq.png

Anyone else having trouble launching the game? I click log in and then nothing happens. On pc

Edit: nvm it would only launch of I tabbed onto the log in and hit enter. Weird

Sifl

Pvp is physically painful to play as melee sometimes. It's like a full circle of people complaining our melee teammates aren't being "aggressive enough". Then us getting slaughtered because our heals are shit as the same shit healers keep asking "y are you dying?" I'm dying cause ur only healing 50k hp the whole match, which means you're basically doing nothing.

Pvp is physically painful to play as melee sometimes. It's like a full circle of people complaining our melee teammates aren't being "aggressive enough". Then us getting slaughtered because our heals are shit as the same shit healers keep asking "y are you dying?" I'm dying cause ur only healing 50k hp the whole match, which means you're basically doing nothing.

I feel ya. If you get a solid healer behind you, you can wreck a trail as a melee. If you don't have healers, you really gotta learn to pick and choose who you focus down. Just had a game when we only had two healers, and we had to kick 1 of them because they were afk lol.

Oh well, flames gonna flames!

dramatis

Why don't you give healer in pvp a shot. Since it's apparently so easy to play in pvp.

Sifl

Why don't you give healer in pvp a shot. Since it's apparently so easy to play in pvp.
I missed the part where I said healing was easy. I reread what I wrote and all I got from it was I don't like someone who's playing like shit asking me why I'm playing like shit.

I mostly gave up the melee life and just play tank if I want to melee. You can play point man when not enough people have the balls to charge forward. Some DEF CDs will at least give you a fighting chance and WAR/DRK burst is not to be ignored.

On a lighter note I think BLM would be more fun if Enochians timer wasn't decreased by 5 every time it needs refreshed. Juggling 2 "greased lightnings" while having the mobility of a turnip isn't really fun or rewarding in a lot of fights that involve a lot of moving. I feel double punished when I lose my Enochian during a SC > Bliz4.

dramatis

I missed the part where I said healing was easy. I reread what I wrote and all I got from it was I don't like someone who's playing like shit asking me why I'm playing like shit.
Sure, but you said melee is painful, so give healer a shot.

Onyar

Can't find in what world you guys where in EU Data Center.
I'm WAR trying to get to heavensward content but kind of getting boring the process and really thinking about trying another class. I have the main in Moogle.

Top Bottom