• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Squishy3

TV anime works the same way because of tight production schedules. Usually the VAs are recording while looking at storyboards presented as slides. Finished animation is always delivered long after the VAs have completed the majority of recorded lines.
The bolded part was what I was referring to as a neat tidbit.

xxczx

R2hOUin.jpg

rekt.

Squishy3

Elaborate anmations? Well, I think Hildibrand was delayed from 3.1 so it makes sense he'll land in 3.2 or 3.3.
Well, one's for the main scenario and I guess the other'd have to be Hildibrand, or something in the vein of it. We're getting Saint Endalim Scholasticate in 3.15 too, whatever that storyline is going to end up being. I wonder if it's going to be like the Post-Moogle questline but instead of delivering letters we're going to be shaking down people to pay their library late fees.

Tiops

I finally returned to tanking, after a lot of time of DPSing. Started working on my WAR, ran Sastasha.

The healer didn't know how to heal. He pulled the mobs, kept Stoneing, and let me die twice, we dismissed him.

Second healer, ilvl170. Didn't enter Cleric Stance once. Let me die at the boss. The battle was finished with the Bard auto-attacking, the Ninja running away from the boss and Throwing Knives, and the Healer struggling to keep the NIN alive. No one even tried to start a Limit Break.

I love tanking.

Yeah, bla bla bla dear diary, but it's fun to complain.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Between having shitty internet service where I live, and the servers being packed with people off for the holiday it's little wonder I keep getting kicked off. >:^(

Shenmue

Banned
Just got HW from the newegg deal for PC.

Quick question if I hook up a ps4 controller can I set the Share button to take screenshots?

It looks like a tin can with flanges and spikes which means it's bottom tier

No way.

Actually they could take a lesson from Monster Hunter. 4 had some nice mecha-ish armor sets.

Also they could give us some sets that are based off of bosses that are in their respective dungeons/raids/whatever.

Like a Bahamut Armor set.

The Gordian stuff already looks like Alexander kind of if you're a tank I guess, so more stuff like that.

Thinking about making a new character/almost-pure healer soon. To join the guild I just have to submit an application in-game right? (I'm already in the Ultros GAF guild btw)

dramatis

Thinking about making a new character/almost-pure healer soon. To join the guild I just have to submit an application in-game right? (I'm already in the Ultros GAF guild btw)
If your character is an alt applying to gaf then mention your original character in you in game application.

WolvenOne

Some interesting news just came out via an interview with Yoship.

• 3.15 coming mid to late December.

• Training Grounds likely to be hosted by Faust Sensei. They will not be mere a parser, but will be mechanics challenges that you must deal with while performing. Will include DPS, healer, and tank challenges.

• 3.2 to come out 3 to 3.5 months after 3.2, no more big delays expected for the forseeble future.

• Dungeuns and 24 man's are to maintain current difficulty levels, as they are aimed at people who can't play as much.

• Hard core four man dungeons are currently under consideration.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I hope Faust has a bubbly personality and talks about destroying players.

BLCKATK

High Allagan is superior.

If I can have both dyed whatever I want, I'm all good.

Was super happy with Allagan gear in 2.0 and when they showed off the High Allagan sets I was super pumped. The glamour definitely played a part in my drive to farm those turns after we cleared.

Wish I felt the same about Alex.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I like Gordian gear for one. Weapons are almost superior to Coil which were hit and miss and I do love the Aiming set far more than anything of the role in Coil though healer sets were truly unbeatable.

Ken

I don't think there's a Gordian set I dislike, Giant Shoulders of Fending included.

HA melee sets were bad. Dreadwyrm was kind of gross. BCOB was very brown.

WolvenOne

The Gordian sets have grown on me. Big problem with that set is that the default color was the most bland color they have possibly used, so it created a bad first impression.

That said, the Coil tanking sets have a special place in my heart, and I include the Dreadwyrm Robe of Poiple in that list too. XD

pronk420

thinking about picking heavensward up as a black friday deal, how long does it take to get from about level 14 (I think thats where i was) to heavensward now?

Ken

thinking about picking heavensward up as a black friday deal, how long does it take to get from about level 14 (I think thats where i was) to heavensward now?

Your first character? I'd say a minimum of a month or close to it playing casually since you'll still be learning and unlocking new stuff as you go.

pronk420

Your first character? I'd say a minimum of a month or close to it playing casually since you'll still be learning and unlocking new stuff as you go.

woah, thats longer than I expected. I'm already level 14, what level is heavensward?

I don't know, maybe it's faster nowadays or I'm misremembering but 3-4 weeks always sounded about right.

For a new character with no armory bonus, I think that sounds right, unless 14 is all you play and you skip cutscenes. They buffed dungeon xp which helps and now there are a million quests at lvl 50 that should get you in a prime spot near lvl 52 to start heavenseard quests.

Top Bottom