• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

iammeiam

Yeah, short term runs is counter-productive for spawning star ranks. 45~ minutes into a run would mean a typical group is already working on their 2nd set of Fresh Tracks. You're wasting a Star rank by leaving at that time before your 2nd Fresh Tracks. There is also the wasted 5-10 minutes of unlocking flying in a second run.

I admittedly did approach it from the perspective of "how might this be more viable/enjoyable for a wider range of people" and not "does this interfere with minmaxing the loot piñata."

Which, given what Diadem is, was silly and I am appropriately shamed for the mistake.

Jayhawk

I admittedly did approach it from the perspective of "how might this be more viable/enjoyable for a wider range of people" and not "does this interfere with minmaxing the loot piñata."

Which, given what Diadem is, was silly and I am appropriately shamed for the mistake.

Given how the fresh track system works... If somebody doesn't want to spend a lot of time in Diadem, then pop the first set of tracks and then leave. If other groups entered around the same time, then wait for their tracks to spawn too. After that, you're just killing mobs for the rare chance at gold treasure chest or i210s from silvers.

Jayhawk

Double post because Galen smells.

I am holding a holiday screenshot contest for players of this game that are part of this OT. The prize is a Mog Station Gift Code for your choice of either Minfilia's outfit or the Sleipnir mount. I am not sure if gift codes are limited to players in the same region, so the contest might be restricted to subscribers with NA accounts. If somebody else has experience with gifting across regions, please clarify.

Anyway, to enter the contest... PM me a screenshot of your character in a terrible-looking glamour set with "Jayhawk Bad Glamour Christmas 2015 Contest" as the PM title. Winner will be chosen randomly among the entrants using an online randomizer to pick from the list of entered names. I won't be judging subjectively. RNG to the max!

Sorian

Banned

I am holding a holiday screenshot contest for players of this game that are part of this OT. The prize is a Mog Station Gift Code for your choice of either Minfilia's outfit or the Sleipnir mount. I am not sure if gift codes are limited to players in the same region, so the contest might be restricted to subscribers with NA accounts. If somebody else has experience with gifting across regions, please clarify.

Anyway, to enter the contest... PM me a screenshot of your character in a terrible-looking glamour set with "Jayhawk Bad Glamour Christmas 2015 Contest" as the PM title. Winner will be chosen randomly among the entrants using an online randomizer to pick from the list of entered names. I won't be judging subjectively. RNG to the max!

I hope Korra PMs you a picture of him in the Minfilia outfit mounted on Sleipnir.

Totally entering this if I remember

Jayhawk

I hope Korra PMs you a picture of him in the Minfilia outfit mounted on Sleipnir.

Totally entering this if I remember

Not too many choices for gifts in that price range! I can't just give X amount of money. I suppose I should have put a deadline for submissions: Christmas day 12:00 AM Eastern.

Sorian

Banned
Not too many choices for gifts in that price range! I can't just give X amount of money. I suppose I should have put a deadline for submissions: Christmas day 12:00 AM Eastern.

Since you chose the awkward time that will confuse everyone, are you talking about Midnight at the beginning of Christmas or the end of Christmas? You know you'll get this question eventually so I'll get it for you now :p

Jayhawk

Since you chose the awkward time that will confuse everyone, are you talking about Midnight at the beginning of Christmas or the end of Christmas? You know you'll get this question eventually so I'll get it for you now :p

Why not both? CONFUSE EVERYONE!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Playing through the Dark Knight quests and this bit from the level 45 quest was so good:

Overbearing Trader: I am a reasonable man, so I will acknowledge that you are not wholly responsible. Fifty percent of the value should suffice.
Fray: Fifty percent? FIFTY PERCENT!?
Fray: I slaughter a gang of Qiqirn bandits for your precious goods and this is the thanks I receive!?
Fray: You spineless sack of shite. I kill your enemies. I fetch your things. I do what you people can't or won't do yourselves.
Fray: You're helpless. Weak. All you do is want and need.
Fray: I should've left you all to drown in Leviathan's tidal wave. At least then I would've been spared your constant bloody whining.
Fray: Do not speak to me of this ever again.

tumblr_n8xb09MP6W1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

Zomba13

Playing through the Dark Knight quests and this bit from the level 45 quest was so good:

Overbearing Trader: I am a reasonable man, so I will acknowledge that you are not wholly responsible. Fifty percent of the value should suffice.
Fray: Fifty percent? FIFTY PERCENT!?
Fray: I slaughter a gang of Qiqirn bandits for your precious goods and this is the thanks I receive!?
Fray: You spineless sack of shite. I kill your enemies. I fetch your things. I do what you people can't or won't do yourselves.
Fray: You're helpless. Weak. All you do is want and need.
Fray: I should've left you all to drown in Leviathan's tidal wave. At least then I would've been spared your constant bloody whining.
Fray: Do not speak to me of this ever again.

tumblr_n8xb09MP6W1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

DRK quests are good. Best lvl 50 fight out of all of them I think.

Ken

Using DF with a pal for Diadem and not getting any results after 45-60mins.

Is this normal? How can anyone play Diadem at this rate?

Dunno. I've only ever gone in as full premade with PF or FC.

I could see it being long DF queues since they nerfed it and word of mouth killed it some more though.

Demoskinos

Good lord dunno why XIV is so goddamn unplayable with lag tonight. Its straight dropping packets. Pinged NeoGaf and some other sites as well and no packet loss there. So I'm not sure if its my ISP or the servers.

Sorian

Banned
Is everyone assuming that maintenance is going to do something about this lag? Wasn't expecting it to be bad two nights in a row. At least last night was meh, semi-bearable but tonight was crippling.

Ken

Is everyone assuming that maintenance is going to do something about this lag? Wasn't expecting it to be bad two nights in a row. At least last night was meh, semi-bearable but tonight was crippling.

Is it ISP specific? I haven't noticed any lag worse than normal.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
My carpenter is now level 21. But tradecrafts are only open in The Black Shroud. How do you unlock them in La Noscea and Thanaian?

Wilsongt

My carpenter is now level 21. But tradecrafts are only open in The Black Shroud. How do you unlock them in La Noscea and Thanaian?

Tradecrafts are linked to their home city. Once you get to I think 25, then you start getting them at higher levels elsewhere.
It goes their home state - > Quarrymill -> Costa -> that one dragonhead outpost - > Whitebrim -> mor Dhona -> Foundation

However, for the most bang for your buck, you will usually take the leve that gives the highest EXP and it requires you to turn it in at another outpost as opposed to the normal turn-in NPC for that city. It's tedious, but it's much quicker in the long run.

iammeiam

On Comcast and running WTFast I didn't notice any issues, but WTFast is reporting a 60% connection improvement so... yeah.

TWC still managed to kill raid though. GG TWC.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Tradecrafts are linked to their home city. Once you get to I think 25, then you start getting them at higher levels elsewhere.
It goes their home state - > Quarrymill -> Costa -> that one dragonhead outpost - > Whitebrim -> mor Dhona -> Foundation

However, for the most bang for your buck, you will usually take the leve that gives the highest EXP and it requires you to turn it in at another outpost as opposed to the normal turn-in NPC for that city. It's tedious, but it's much quicker in the long run.

Thanks. Too bad there's maintenance tonight though. :(

Valor

All you people need to gtfo comcast. Then I realize that it's probably the only choice in some areas.

Gotta love america.
murica_25.jpg

greyskull

Hey y'all. I'm contemplating picking up the base game for $10.

How is the game for playing solo?

I'm guessing people are active enough in the Neogaf company to do PvE together. Would I have luck with group play before max level? How about max level, are people playing together a lot?

studyguy

West Coast Verizon here, we packet loss 24/7 bois.
Saddle up for some sudden lag spikes out of the blue despite pulling down 75mb/s constant on literally every other game. S/O to my boy WTFast, I finally realized I can mute your ads so you're only half as annoying now. Fuck ISPs

Ken

I'm guessing people are active enough in the Neogaf company to do PvE together. Would I have luck with group play before max level? How about max level, are people playing together a lot?

You can usually find people to help you out with the old 8-man fights. Game's fine solo though you'll have to party up a bunch through matchmaking to do things like 4-man dungeons and the aforementioned 8-mans.

Omni

Terrible looking glamour, huh? That goes against everything my character apparently stands for. xD

HMMM.

I think this is a game where you're really missing out if you're by yourself. Plus beyond the MSQ, you're constantly being matched with other players for dungeons, trials and raids anyway. Much more enjoyable when you're with friends and stuff.

VandalD

I picked this up for $10 last week. Been playing solo, apart from when I queue for dungeons as DPS or a healer with random people. It's been fun. Easily worth the money so far. There are some story quests that require you to go through dungeons, but you should be able to get through those just fine with a random queue (and a bit of waiting around for a tank/healer.) Whether I actually get to endgame is another matter. I imagine there aren't many people running level 50 former endgame things. The only reason I sort of regret buying this game is that I did it so close to Xenoblade Chronicles X's release. I'd say go for it.

Half of my raid team was having problems with terrible lag last night, but wtfast seemed to fix it. Around 60% connection improvement for all of us

I just returned from binging on the Blade and Soul CBT.

IT has what FFXIV lacks.

In a perfect world the best aspects of both would be combined into one super MMO.

Nah, Tera got to the sublime action combat 5 years ago now. In a perfect world, Tera would have actual PvE at endgame and a developer which pretends to care about PvP balance. The pieces were all there, but the execution was lacking. The combat was amazing though.

B&S is an action combat MMO and will differ greatly from the WoW-style combat of FFXIV. As KMMOs go, it's more cartoony and less naturalistic than some others. It's been out for 5 years in Korea so there's nothing surprising about it now, if you want to know everything about it just ask someone who plays Korea B&S.

I'm watching both B&S and Black Desert. Right now BD is lacking in identity and overwhelmingly generic and mediocre. It sure is pretty though and the character creator is insane. I have a Korea BD account and played it briefly while it was in OBT, and it didn't really grab me. I wonder if it's more awesome now, I haven't played it in awhile.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Nov. 30, 2015)
■The wait time to re-enter “The Diadem” has been reduced from 120 minutes to 45 minutes.
 * We will continue to monitor player feedback regarding "The Diadem" and make further adjustments as necessary.

■Adjustments have been made to the Duty Finder algorithm where queues will be based upon queue order regardless of being queued for specific content or for a roulette.

■The shortcut buttons (XYAB/□△×◯) used in combination with the LB/L1 buttons on the gamepad/controller for Lord of Verminion have been fixed to the following button settings, regardless of the player’s button configuration.
 LB(L1)+X(□): Execute Action
 LB(L1)+Y(△): Select all minions that are the same type as the minion currently selected
 LB(L1)+A(×): Select all friendly minions that are the same type as the minion currently selected
 LB(L1)+B(◯): Select all friendly minions that are near the minion currently selected
* There is currently an issue with the tutorial and play guide wherein the button texts are incorrect.

■The following issues have been fixed:
• An issue in “The Void Ark” during the Echidna fight wherein the amount of damage displayed for “Demonic Descent” was not displaying correctly.
• An issue with the Lord of Verminion Challenge “Stage 1: Tutorial” wherein the player was unable to progress when under certain conditions.
• An issue with the Lord of Verminion Challenge “Stage 6: Off the Deepcroft” wherein a channeling line was displayed between certain minions summoned on the player’s side and the boss minion.
• An issue with the Lord of Verminion Challenge “Stage 23: The Binding Coil” wherein certain minions would not perform actions properly.
• An issue with the quest “The Greatest Story Never Told” wherein the player would lose control of their character while progressing through the quest.
• An issue in the Gold Saucer wherein failing the GATE “Vase Off” would count towards the number of GATEs participated for the Challenge Log.
• An issue with the Grand Company NPC “OIC Quartermaster” and the housing area NPC “Resident Caretaker” wherein under certain conditions purchases were not being processed properly when purchasing items with Company Credits.
• An issue with the Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe Quest “A Bone to Pick” wherein certain texts were appearing incorrectly

Top Bottom