• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Jaeyden

I imagine there aren't many people running level 50 former endgame things. The only reason I sort of regret buying this game is that I did it so close to Xenoblade Chronicles X's release. I'd say go for it.

I think you'd be surprised. Helped a friend through a level 50 eight man dungeon the other night and it popped in like 3 minutes of witing in DF. DF is cross server iirc so it's a much larger pool to match make from, additionally you can set your DF to include the servers of other regions which can help speed the wait considerably.

Qvoth

not gonna lie, white magitek mount looks pretty cool
but i was stupid enough to buy sleipnir so i'm not gonna get this

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So damn ugly

anyone who buys that is insane

bAh3u6r.jpg

Steel Reason tho.

Checked out Idyllshire, everyone else also bought the white one. Dammit!

BadRNG

More cash grabs and a free log in month?

Is this game in trouble? o_O
All of this is pretty much what they have been doing for past year I think. Free login periods after a major patch to lure people back in, old holiday vanity cash shop stuff at said holiday combined with some new store-only vanity crap.

I would be really curious to see what their sub numbers are at though, too bad they never release them,

Tiops

The posts in this thead give the impression that the game is doomed, there are 100 subscribers and the dev team is Yoshida, a developer and a janitor.

Not saying it regarding any recent posts, but about the "ded gaem" discussions.

studyguy

Steel Reason's a good song mate.

It brings me back memories of the entire server raiding Castrum Novum when it first dropped in 1.0 as a group and it looking like a legit war between adventurers and Garleans.

BLCKATK

I know a couple of you guys in here have run Diadem after the patch changes. Has anything changed in terms of best method to get loot? I'm assuming that was just a net decrease across the board on spawning NMs which is leading to less Gold Chests. I'm planning on going back in there with my Free Company sometime this week, just want to make sure I'm updated on the best methods to get drops instead of hitting up the old strategies.

Sorian

Banned
I know a couple of you guys in here have run Diadem after the patch changes. Has anything changed in terms of best method to get loot? I'm assuming that were was just a net decrease across the board on spawning NMs which is leading to less Gold Chests. I'm planning on going back in there with my Free Company sometime this week, just want to make sure I'm updated on the best methods to get drops instead of hitting up the old strategies.

Small group can farm tri island still, 3 (maybe 2?) groups or less. If you zone into a full zone, the new go to is to farm celphie island :/

Ken

Is there some kind of server migration tool?

Yeah. Go to Mogstation and Server Transfer is under Accounf Services. Costs $18 though.

I know a couple of you guys in here have run Diadem after the patch changes. Has anything changed in terms of best method to get loot? I'm assuming that was just a net decrease across the board on spawning NMs which is leading to less Gold Chests. I'm planning on going back in there with my Free Company sometime this week, just want to make sure I'm updated on the best methods to get drops instead of hitting up the old strategies.

I've run HM about 4 or 5 times since hotfix and I honestly couldn't tell you.

My best run was 11 gold chests/8 NMs farming the island with triceratops/banemites/islekeepers with a giant zerg.
Second best was Celphie island with a 3-4 group zerg at 8 golds/8 NMs iirc.
Worst was Sanuwa island with 2-3 group zerg at 4 or 6 golds?

Seems like getting 1-2 fresh tracks is the norm, with the second one popping very late into the timer where you'd probably miss it running with a large zerg.

Feels like you probably still want to zerg Tri island since IIIs had a high chance of dropping silvers, Vs occasionally dropped golds, and even if there's diminishing returns for having a giant zerg, it seems like everyone will at least get one tracks per group in 90 minutes. Of course, this is all purely anecdotal with a really small sample size so yeah.

BLCKATK

Small group can farm tri island still, 3 (maybe 2?) groups or less. If you zone into a full zone, the new go to is to farm celphie island :/

Yeah. Go to Mogstation and Server Transfer is under Accounf Services. Costs $18 though.

I've run HM about 4 or 5 times since hotfix and I honestly couldn't tell you.

My best run was 11 gold chests farming the island with triceratops/banemites/islekeepers with a giant zerg.
Second best was Celphie island with a 3-4 group zerg at 8 golds iirc.
Worst was Sanuwa island with 2-3 group zerg at 4 or 6 golds?

Seems like getting 1-2 fresh tracks is the norm.

Feels like you probably still want to zerg Tri island since IIIs had a high chance of dropping silvers, Vs occasionally dropped golds, and even if there's diminishing returns for having a giant zerg, it seems like everyone will at least get one tracks per group. Of course, this is all purely anecdotal with a really small sample size so yeah.

Thanks for the info guys, really helpful! I guess I'll just stick to Tricera Island in the beginning and adjust based on the parties inside the instance, hopefully some good stuff can come of it.

Jayhawk

If you're running with a 3-party alliance, farm location will depend on how many other groups are there and where those other parties are in terms of their progress on the next fresh tracks. If any of the 3 parties aren't getting credit on star ranks or even normal mobs for progress on their fresh tracks, you should move all three parties to your own farm spot. It is a bad feeling as alliance leader when at least one of the parties isn't getting credit, especially for their own fresh tracks pop.

If you're just one party, then you're better off just leeching other groups' fresh tracks and hope your DPS is good enough and better than most of the other groups to get credit... or you can get claim when the star rank pops and only worry about surviving for credit.

Your goal should be to pop and kill each of your groups' first fresh tracks within the first 45 minutes. The second set of fresh tracks will be harder to pop if other groups have their own star rank pops. Killing star ranks seems to have zero effect on fresh tracks progress. The progress towards a fresh tracks seems to be proportional to damage done on non-star ranks, with higher rank mobs having more HP... but I need more data. You'll see examples of a solo group getting the first message "You sense an ever-so-slight disturbance in the air." after killing just one triceratops and one islekeeper but it won't happen as quickly if there is a second group with you.

Note that uncovering coffers through buried coffers or gathering also helps with fresh tracks progress. You can theoretically pop a star rank just by gathering.

I think for solo groups, you should game the fresh tracks system when you're about to get the 5th message. The fresh tracks spawns randomly on one of your party members. If you kill mobs closer to your home point to pop the star rank or have half your party stick around at your home point for a possible fresh tracks at the home point, easier to zombie a star rank!

With regards to alliance creation, the dream is to have three parties of 1 tank, 2 healers, 1 monk, 1 dragoon, 1 ninja, 1 bard or machinist, and 1 caster DPS each and all three parties balanced in terms of DPS output. That composition means all good drops can find a use on a main. Too bad our alliances end up with like 9 caster DPS.

I'm considering it if I ever resub so I can join the GAF Free Company. Last time I played must have been about a year ago, mostly because of money and being away from my PS4 in Europe.

Sifl

Anyone know if being a tenant can prevent a house from getting demo'd? Like if the owner doesn't log in for 45 days but I use the house?

Not sure how they got the data, but this was being discussed I think yesterday or Sunday night in one of my LSs:

FF XIV Server Transfer Data (October 29 - November 25)

Ultros lost more than gained. Which is sadly, the norm. A majority of servers lost people, while a smaller group gained. Balmung gained the most people, followed by Shinryu, Gilgamesh, and Chocobo.

Balmung also enjoys virtually non existent gil spam since it's almost impossible to create a fresh new account on Balmung. You typically need to pay a transfer fee to get there on an existing character, and gil sellers don't do that apparently. Those that do get through are easily caught in the monthly sweeps.

Wonder when/if we'll see server mergers. Did that happen in XI at all?

Edit: Considering they made 180K off transfers in one month, I doubt they'll ever do mergers or remove transfer caps.

BLCKATK

Not sure how they got the data, but this was being discussed I think yesterday or Sunday night in one of my LSs:

Ultros lost more than gained. Which is sadly, the norm. A majority of servers lost people, while a smaller group gained. Balmung gained the most people, followed by Shinryu, Gilgamesh, and Chocobo.

Balmung also enjoys virtually non existent gil spam since it's almost impossible to create a fresh new account on Balmung. You typically need to pay a transfer fee to get there on an existing character, and gil sellers don't do that apparently. Those that do get through are easily caught in the monthly sweeps.

Edit: Considering they made 180K off transfers in one month, I doubt they'll ever do mergers or remove transfer caps.

I play on Balmung, and I've definitely seen the influx of people coming in. A lot of people coming in for the RP side of the game though, not a lot of people here to actually play. The more people I've met these past coming months have been casual (and extremely interested in the side of RP I want to stay clear from) so it's been a real turn off for me.

Sorian

Banned
I play on Balmung, and I've definitely seen the influx of people coming in. A lot of people coming in for the RP side of the game though, not a lot of people here to actually play. The more people I've met these past coming months have been casual (and extremely interested in the side of RP I want to stay clear from) so it's been a real turn off for me.

Young, innocent cat girl LF big, strong roe sugar daddy.

Tabris

Yup, multiple times. They created new servers multiple times in the beginning then started merging them later.

They didn't hide world populations too. So you could see how many players were active at one time via a /sea all. Infact, you could see how many level 75 (our 60) were on at one time to see end game numbers.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
After playing today... queues still seem weird. Maybe the game really is dead

I'm not sure about that. Lastnight when I tried to log in I got a message saying the Ultros was full. I only had to wait a few minutes before I got in though.

The only servers which ever seem to gain are Balmung and Gilgamesh.

Balmung because it's the social/RP server, and Gilgamesh because it's the de-facto progression/hardcore raiding server and anyone who doesn't want to be a mongrel goes there.

The other servers are slowly bleeding to death. The fundamentally anti-social nature of FFXIV and other modern WoW-like MMOs makes it really hard to sustain a whole constellation of healthy server populations I guess.

Top Bottom