• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Nasser

I wish if there was an option in the game that would allow me to change the skin color without the need to use Fantasia.

Demoskinos

Armoire should be able to hold all blue gear since those generally have unique looks. But ps3 ps3 ps3

Yeah, I feel like the PS3 is holding this game back in a lot of regards. They're stuck though cause it would be super shitty what still is a sizable player base on PS3.

Squishy3

Yeah, I feel like the PS3 is holding this game back in a lot of regards. They're stuck though cause it would be super shitty what still is a sizable player base on PS3.
I remember I was in Castrum with a PS3 user once before Heavensward came out and they said it took 30 seconds for the game to load the cutscene for it to be autoskipped and then another 30 second load time to load into the dungeon after it skipped the cutscene.

I can't imagine playing this game on PS3.

Omni

Do we have any numbers? I suppose not. Surely there can't be too many though.

Isn't Diadem completely unplayable too?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Quote an MMO running right now that does it better, I'm curious. I don't think it's very good in XIV, but it's manageable, which is more than I can say for... well, WoW, for example?

Try playing GW2 sometime.

Try playing GW2 sometime.

I don't like GW2's that much because of how much junk you have to sift through. But it does have things like seperate area for crafting materials (if you max it out the rest goes in your inventory though), a wardrobe system where you can save the appearence of weapons/armor that you get so you can just toggle it onto your stuff IIRC so you don't need to keep old armor around once you've got the look into your wardrobe.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I don't like GW2's that much because of how much junk you have to sift through. But it does have things like seperate area for crafting materials (if you max it out the rest goes in your inventory though), a wardrobe system where you can save the appearence of weapons/armor that you get so you can just toggle it onto your stuff IIRC so you don't need to keep old armor around once you've got the look into your wardrobe.

It's not perfect but the two things you listed go a long way. Being able to auto-deposit all the crafting materials in your inventory helps a lot.

Sifl

I know it's a dickish thing to do,
and something I've complained about here before...
but I think from this point on I'm just gonna recruit people in the PF who have already cleared Thordan to help me. No more newbies. I did it tonight and we got him to about 30% or so on our second try. I feel like we'd have got it easily but the other healer and tank had to bug out. In contrast, almost every other party I've made without those restrictions have barely made it TO the meteors.

Gonna try again tomorrow.
Good luck with that. I've joined "Thordan clear party, must have made it past meteors" parties where people were constantly dying on the fucking divebombs.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Meanwhile we on Excalibur are still looking for one last person for our static.
We need a monk or a ninja (a black mage would also be fine if you're really good).
Group is progressing through A3S and running at 8pm EST.

I know most people here are on Ultros but hey, worth a shot.

They called Encouragement Tactic Adloquium!

Outrage!

kFaHMqv.jpg

Hilarious. Thank you for spending the last 3 months trying to break our group.

studyguy

Finally got my Pegasus.
It's awful, generic running animation in the air looks awkward.
No seat giant highlander on its back looks awful.

I'm fabulous though.

Sorian

Banned
Finally got my Pegasus.

I'm fabulous though.

I have enough tokens to buy 5 or 6 pegasuses (don't even care of that spelling).

Didn't even buy one, don't need that trash in my life.

IvorB

Finally got my Pegasus.

I'm fabulous though.

I decided to pass on that mount. I'll hold onto my spoils for now. Though I got that wyvern mount which is awesome so I'm pretty happy with that.

Squishy3

Sanuwa is probably my favorite new mount. It's so laughably oversized. I should probably work towards the Goobbue after I finish Vanu quests.

Sorian

Banned
Sanuwa is probably my favorite new mount. It's so laughably oversized. I should probably work towards the Goobbue after I finish Vanu quests.

I love it, the Sanuwa looked so normal sized in sea of clouds when I was doing quests but when I unlocked it and brought it to mist, everything looked potato sized.

IvorB

I should probably hunt so I can get that. Hmm

I did a lot of hunting to get and it was so worth it. It looks a tiny bit awkward running on the ground but it's nothing like the Twintania situation. It looks pretty fearsome which is great.

I do think I want that suwana mount but, man, beast tribe dailies bore the sh*t out of me.

Sorian

Banned
I did a lot of hunting to get and it was so worth it. It looks a tiny bit awkward running on the ground but it's nothing like the Twintania situation. It looks pretty fearsome which is great.

I do think I want that suwana mount but, man, beast tribe dailies bore the sh*t out of me.

Vanu is easy, the 3 quests per day take 10 minutes or less and the "story" portion of it was at least sufficiently stupid enough to be funny.

DANCE OFF

Squishy3

The worst case of flying mount looking terrible on the ground is the Manacutter

iammeiam

WOW. They really broke roulette DF. Source:
The conditions are as follows:
When a pre-made party queues for a Duty Roulette, and their party consists of three or fewer members, there is a possibility where that group will be matched with another pre-made group that also consists of three or fewer members under certain conditions. This in turn causes an unusual party setup to be made which results in all queues behind this halting.
Once the above issue occurs, all queues created after this, whether they be solo or in a pre-formed party, will be matched into a queue that is suspended which results in these long queue times.

The queue that was suspended will resume under certain conditions; however, it can take a long time until this happens, causing congestion in Duty Roulette matching. Additionally, this situation has a high possibility of occurring during peak hours. Because of this, individuals may think that the queue speed fluctuates depending on the time of day that they're queueing.

This issue only occurs when queueing for Duty Roulettes, and doesn't affect the Duty Finder's normal matching system.

We were able to address this issue on our end, and we're currently working to implement a hotfix by the end of the week. However, we must make sure that it's properly tested, therefore we would like some additional time to do checks. We apologize for the inconvenience this and other related issues have been causing players.

That's a hell of a bug.

Squishy3

This issue only occurs when queueing for Duty Roulettes, and doesn't affect the Duty Finder's normal matching system.

Looking forward to being able to do Leveling Roulette again.

creid

Well that explains a lot. In the last week I was shocked at how quickly I could get into low level dungeons as a DPS, compared to the amount of time it seemed to be taking for leveling roulette to pop.

studyguy

Still amazes me that the smith creates such elaborate armor, weapons and accessories by hammering on a single bar of metal. They could have at least given him a more elaborate setup.

Sorian

Banned
Still amazes me that the smith creates such elaborate armor, weapons and accessories by hammering on a single bar of metal. They could have at least given him a more elaborate setup.

He's just that good.

Edit: I mean, I feel like that is the joke. He's portrayed as a simple drunk and somehow, with the right motivation, he pulls the most fantastical things out of his ass.

He's just that good.

Edit: I mean, I feel like that is the joke. He's portrayed as a simple drunk and somehow, with the right motivation, he pulls the most fantastical things out of his ass.

I think his best trick is the ability to restore timeworn books by hammering them on an anvil.

Probably a stupid question but I wanted to clear something about the recruitment code. Going to start playing with a friend soon, I already have an account I used to play beta way back when but never had an actual subscription for the full game. I don't see anywhere to put the code in under Account. Do I have to enter my license key for the full game first?
Here's what I see.

Ken

Oh man, no more having to port to Fallgourd Float and riding for 5 minutes to get to Gerolt.

Watch them put Gerolt at the bottom South East corner in Azys Lla though.

Top Bottom