• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Fuck A4S

SOON

1386126469946.jpg

Tiops

Really looking forward for the absurd grind they make us do to get the new Relic Weapons. And I mean it. I started playing the game when Nexus was out, so it was pretty terrible to think about doing the relic grind at that point. Now I'll suffer with the whole community.

Sandfox

Really looking forward for the absurd grind they make us do to get the new Relic Weapons. And I mean it. I started playing the game when Nexus was out, so it was pretty terrible to think about doing the relic grind at that point. Now I'll suffer with the whole community.
Well at least it will give people something else to work towards lol.

IvorB

I really like how much they've improved SMN's AOE. Uncapping Bane was one of the best changes to come with Heavensward, and it goes without saying that Painflare and Deathflare are very welcome additions to the kit. I feel like BLM and SMN are better differentiated now given the respective emphasis of their evolutions in HW.

Yeah it's pretty fun with all the different AOE skills you can use. Level 50 summoner was pretty boring single target (Ruin, ruin, ruin) so I'm glad they added some stuff. I still need to play around with Dreadwyrm Trance to see how that should work.

Really loving ninja at the mo' and I'm still cracking up over the Rabbit Medium that appears when you mess up your Mudra. :)

What if the next raid tier is even worse? I want to see what their response is because they certainly haven't been doing anything to fix the current tier.

I think they already explained why they don't want to be too quick to nerf the difficulty. I can see why they would, to be honest, considering how many people I've heard saying they want to beat X "before nerfs".

RPGCrazied

Really wanted the price to come down before getting heavenward, $20 would have been awesome, but I just had to get it. $30 on Amazon. Now I can finally resume those story quests on my level 50 Dragoon.

Zettai Ryouiki. I'm fucking ashamed I know that term.
Kayos pls

In other news healing on Throdan EX still sucks. I've come to the realization that it feels like I'm not either not healing smart enough during holy bladedance or the tanks I'm dealing with aren't CDing wisely because it seems like most tanks during this use their IMMORTAL skill rather than regular CDs during the first holy baldedance.

iammeiam

In other news healing on Throdan EX still sucks. I've come to the realization that it feels like I'm not either not healing smart enough during holy bladedance or the tanks I'm dealing with aren't CDing wisely because it seems like most tanks during this use their IMMORTAL skill rather than regular CDs.

A lot of tanks Hallowed/Living Dead/Holmgang the first Sword Oath Bladedance they get because it means they can stay in DPS stance for the duration of Sword Oath and increases your odds of killing the first knight before the buffs swap. Since there's nothing anywhere near there in the fight that needs the immortal skill, it's smart skill usage. Shield Oath gets CD'd, and if you somehow get another Sword Oath Bladedance, you CD that too. But you shouldn't get that.

A lot of tanks Hallowed/Living Dead/Holmgang the first Sword Oath Bladedance they get because it means they can stay in DPS stance for the duration of Sword Oath and increases your odds of killing the first knight before the buffs swap. Since there's nothing anywhere near there in the fight that needs the immortal skill, it's smart skill usage. Shield Oath gets CD'd, and if you somehow get another Sword Oath Bladedance, you CD that too. But you shouldn't get that.
Ahh, well that makes sense then. As a healer my first instinct is I'm not healing properly whenever I see their HP bar near flatline in the case of WAR/DRK.

aceface

Ahh, well that makes sense then. As a healer my first instinct is I'm not healing properly whenever I see their HP bar near flatline in the case of WAR/DRK.

Well if that's their plan you should discuss it before hand. That way you aren't trying to get shields/virus up and can prepare to get them back up from 1hp instead.

Omni

Second conviction towers in Thordan are such a pain. I don't think I've ever made it through without getting stunned by the ground AoE afterwards. Well, unless I just leave the towers to everyone else (though in PF groups that's pretty much playing Russian roulette). Maybe I'm just not timing it correctly with my latency. Luckily tetra is a thing now but it seems like such a waste.

Do the later phases ever not feel clunky? I guess I just prefer a fight like Ravana where it's all so... static.

Sorian

Banned
Second conviction towers in Thordan are such a pain. I don't think I've ever made it through without getting stunned by the ground AoE afterwards. Well, unless I just leave the towers to everyone else (though in PF groups that's pretty much playing Russian roulette). Maybe I'm just not timing it correctly with my latency. Luckily tetra is a thing now but it seems like such a waste.

Do the later phases ever not feel clunky? I guess I just prefer a fight like Ravana where it's all so... static.

There is a particular tower in most configurations that basically HAS to eat a stun.

WolvenOne

Just gonna say this randomly.

I really miss Coil. ;-;

There is a particular tower in most configurations that basically HAS to eat a stun.

It's not neccessery, it just requires good timing and a bit of risk. Granted, it's generally safer to eat a stun if there's any doubt.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
There's never a tower where a Heavy Strike overlaps the circle completely, you just have to strategically strafe.

xxczx

It's better to get stunned by the AOE than either get hit by gaze or miss the tower completely.

I told my group fuck it I'm being stunned because that part is awful on controller, I can't strafe without being locked on to a target.

Sifl

Yea, I've never seen the stun overlap the tower completely right away. I usually stand as far from where the stun aoe is coming from while still being in the tower. Then the stun should cover half of the tower and shortly after the second half, so after the first stun goes off I just run forward so I never leave the tower and avoid both stuns.

rubius01

Just gonna say this randomly:

You know thst feeling of sticking your foot in you mouth all the way down to uour stomach, and feeling bad about it all night and day?

..................yeah...............

Demoskinos

Just gonna say this randomly.

I really miss Coil. ;-;

I do as well. They did an incredible job slowly slowly building up the hype for the final fight with Bahamut. Like that moment when you first get to T5 and realize your fighting on Bahamut's hand? Fucking fantastic.

docbon

YO BROS.

If anyone is interested, my static raid group has a spot for a melee DPS, and a bard / machinist. If you have a good handle on your rotations and are comfortable using voice chat, send Lorde Doome or Red Xiii a whisper in-game, or me a PM on neogaf. Experience with A3S is preferred, although we can get you up to speed if need be.

Our hours are typically 7 - 9 PM eastern on TUE / THUR / SAT. We're reasonably flexible with the schedule though, so we can adjust it later if we have to.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Our hours are typically 7 - 9 PM eastern on TUE / THUR / SAT. We're reasonably flexible with the schedule though, so we can adjust it later if we have to.

Bonus points if you're cool with an 8PM - 10PM raid time because that would be super cool.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'd be totally cool with a 3 hour raid day. Sometimes I get stuck at work though so it's like I walk in the door and then it's raid time. Doesn't happen all the time but if we could push it back a tiny bit and everyone in the group would be cool with it that'd be sweet.

It's up to the group though, just throwing that out there.

YO BROS.

If anyone is interested, my static raid group has a spot for a melee DPS, and a bard / machinist. If you have a good handle on your rotations and are comfortable using voice chat, send Lorde Doome or Red Xiii a whisper in-game, or me a PM on neogaf. Experience with A3S is preferred, although we can get you up to speed if need be.

NA servers only want melee after I left for greener pastures.

chrono01

I never want to do A4S again. Just a horrible encounter and not in the least bit fun. Just awful. A4S nearly broke me. But we're done now, so all of that is behind m-

...oh wait. Now the farming begins.

mToBFrF.gif

Top Bottom