• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI coming to PC 9.17.24

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Good on them for not making it a full priced release.
Oh, I guess the strategy here is that the "complete edition" with all the DLC is $69.99.

Fbh

Gold Member
It's good to see that Square seems to have finally realized that maybe releasing a 1+ years old port for full price isn't the best strategy on PC.

Anyway, maybe someone can eventually make a mod for this that just stitches together the 15-20 hours of good content that's held hostage by all the low quality filler.

GHG

Gold Member
Nutella Americans GIF by BuzzFeed

b0uncyfr0

Ok, ive been waiting on this one.

Its gonna have a hard time competing with God of War Ragnarok though. Shit timing on their part.

Is Denuvo confirmed?

Denton

I enjoyed FF15 so hopefully this one will be fun too, even with reportedly dogshit sidequests.

This year is crazy, so many AAA games coming in few months span.
I’m surprised it’s not EGS exclusive. Square finally done stepping on rakes?
Square president said they are done with exclusives.

Dazraell

Are the DLCs worth it?
As a part of the complete package? I would say so. If you want to buy them separately on ps5, it's probably better wait when Expansion Pass is on sale though. First dlc is about 3 hours long and has a very large dungeon, second dlc is about 5-6 hours long and has a new region, new Eikon and some side content

Not sure how one invalidates the other?

It at least seems to invalidate that it's coming to Xbox anytime in the next 1-3 months, otherwise no reason to hold out on an announcement for that platform.

Maybe they finally get it in early 2025, maybe not. But it coming to Steam & EGS first just takes a lot of the wind out of what future sales Xbox could bring for the game. Probably won't be worth it for SE by that point unless there's a fat, lucrative Game Pass deal involved 🤷‍♂️.

Gonzito

Am I the only one that falls sleep playing this game? I have on ps5 but I just cant man, its boring as hell. Ironically, I enjoyed FF15 very much and finished twice

Little Mac

Gold Member
I have this shrink wrapped for the PS5. Want to dive in but also want to wait and see if it will get a boost from a potential PS5 Pro console. Regardless enjoy the demo and release pc nerds!!!

season 6 smoke GIF

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Isa

wvnative

Excited to try the demo for the spectacle, but not double dipping. Enjoyed it while it lasted, but I'm done. The game was too repetitive and monotonous imo.

Mercador

Does the demo progress carry over? Otherwise I'll wait for the full release.

Edit:
  • Storage: 170 GB available space
I guess it's for the complete game, not the demo right?

Last edited:

tommib

Enjoyed this immensely and thought the graphics were some of the best this gen. Enjoy it at your superior settings, PC gamers.

Top Bottom