• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI coming to PC 9.17.24

proandrad

I finally can play the best Final Fantasy at a high stable framerate with decent resolution.
Smirk Smile GIF by euphoria

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Surprisingly great price at $50. Day one purchase for me!

Downloading the demo now. Excited to see what my 7800X3D/4090 combo can do with this one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pleasantly Surprised Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

First thought that came to mind when I saw the price. Surprising they aren't gouging for a late port.

Sony take note
The fact that the Until Dawn port is $10 more than this is just... embarrassing.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Because if it's coming to Xbox and PC you announce it simultaneously

It at least seems to invalidate that it's coming to Xbox anytime in the next 1-3 months, otherwise no reason to hold out on an announcement for that platform.

Maybe they finally get it in early 2025, maybe not. But it coming to Steam & EGS first just takes a lot of the wind out of what future sales Xbox could bring for the game. Probably won't be worth it for SE by that point unless there's a fat, lucrative Game Pass deal involved 🤷‍♂️.

pVS2Vjj.jpeg

At best, it gets announced as part of Xbox's stream on gamescom (like how the Persona 3/4/5 ports weren't announced for all platforms at the same time), at worst, it's a bit late. 🤷‍♂️

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I was extremely disappointed with this game. It bored me to tears.

The boss/Eikon fights were amazing though. I’m going to try the demo just to see the eye candy on my 4090.

GHG

Gold Member
Well, tried the demo on 4080/5800x3d/32gb ram.
2MSpRQi.jpeg

Let's say that sys reqs are quite optimistic, cutscenes are locked 30 and theres slight stutter and blurred IQ with DLSS3. Honestly, it felt smoother on PS5 Quality mode.

Game still looks outstanding, mind you. But the fact that PS5 runs it at all is pure wizardry.
T9gW1KD.jpeg

I7FFuu8.jpeg

What drivers are you running?

peish

downloaded the demo, game cant start, popup box says graphics driver is incompatible!

wtf is this a first?

Yes i have not updated to latest nvidia drivers, but mine drivers are this year's!

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm glad that it's here but

Splatoon 3 final splatfest
Persona 3 Reload Episode Aigis
and now this
all basically dropping at the same time... a good problem to have I supposed :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I finally can play the best Final Fantasy at a high stable framerate with decent resolution.
Smirk Smile GIF by euphoria

Is it though? Watching from outside when the game launched, it seems the most divisive FF to date. I'm really perplexed if I should even buy it..

Well, tried the demo on 4080/5800x3d/32gb ram.

Let's say that sys reqs are quite optimistic, cutscenes are locked 30 and theres slight stutter and blurred IQ with DLSS3. Honestly, it felt smoother on PS5 Quality mode.

Game still looks outstanding, mind you. But the fact that PS5 runs it at all is pure wizardry.

What settings on PC though?
I imagine that Digital foundry would find the console equivalent settings that boosts up performances. A variation of low-medium. There's no "magic" typically.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
I'll try it on my 4090 system later but can't say I'm overly optimistic after reading that.
Is it though? Watching from outside when the game launched, it seems the most divisive FF to date. I'm really perplexed if I should even buy it..

I imagine that Digital foundry would find the console equivalent settings that boosts up performances. A variation of low-medium. There's no "magic" typically.
Note that it's 1440p all ultra with DLSS 3 w/o framegen and with VRS off.

Game is pre-comiling shaders on the first boot too.

GHG

Gold Member

Doesn't need to necessarily be "magic", just poor PC optimisation.

Wouldn't be the first time we've seen it.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Coping is not a crime I guess.

This is what Square officially said....

So, is it tough for you and the team to say goodbye to all these characters in this DLC?

It's not over in the sense that we have the PC version. Once the PC version is released, we're thinking about hopefully moving to other platforms as well.

PS.Which does not mean that I am accepting the credibility of this supposed "insider." In fact I don't and for some reason he has me blocked 🤷🏻

ChiefDada

Gold Member

Runs like a dream for me

But are the cut-scenes locked @30 fps?

This particular scene is a video file hence 30fps lock. Real time cutscenes run at stable 60fps on PS5. More stable than some gameplay iirc.

GHG

Gold Member
This is what Square officially said....

PS.Which does not mean that I am accepting the credibility of this supposed "insider." In fact I don't and for some reason he has me blocked 🤷🏻

You guys right now:

Screen_Shot_2017-11-10_at_10.36.15_AM.jpg

Top Bottom