• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Syder

Mine is still working after the latest update.
After an hour of fiddling around with DS4Windows and InputMapeer, I switched USB ports and things went back to normal
wtzgU.gif

Spuck-uk

Banned
Can I mention that as a longtime fan, I'm so glad they kept the fantasy moves like the high jump muscle buster and Eifel parachute.

RaginRoss

Jumped in yesterday. Grabbed a few edits and simmed some matches. Lost track of time in Edit mode myself and stayed up 'till 2am - paying for that this morning after being up early with my daughter and now at work.

Can't wait for some full rosters to be available.

Hopefully at some point during Early Access the process of manually moving edits out of the Retired section is streamlined as it's annoying moving people individually. As a short term thing just having them go into some default non-hidden area to at least let you select them without doing that would be much better.

Foffy

Banned
My Pentagon Jr. is now available: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973917701

I'm still working a bit on the moveset. Don't know if the package piledriver is in the game and not available for me yet, but the piledriver I used as his finisher is the closest to his finisher.

I'm thinking about doing Cage next.

Package piledriver is in the game, IIRC.

No idea if it's an unlockable move, but people who got the game early confirmed it exists.

shanafan

I downloaded two wrestlers from the Steam Workshop, but I can't find them in the game. I went to offline play, and the only roster I can choose from is the default. The only place I can see them is if I want to uninstall them.

What am I missing? Thanks!

I downloaded two wrestlers from the Steam Workshop, but I can't find them in the game. I went to offline play, and the only roster I can choose from is the default. The only place I can see them is if I want to uninstall them.

What am I missing? Thanks!
Edit mode. Edit teams. Transfer wrestlers. They have to be in a promotion and a stable for you to be able to choose them. Newly downloaded wrestlers go into Retired.

shanafan

Edit mode. Edit teams. Transfer wrestlers. They have to be in a promotion and a stable for you to be able to choose them. Newly downloaded wrestlers go into Retired.

Thanks. I'll look into this when I get home.

I thought it had to be something like that since in WWE 2K17, you need to create a show before you can use a downloaded arena.

Thanks. I'll look into this when I get home.

I thought it had to be something like that since in WWE 2K17, you need to create a show before you can use a downloaded arena.
I probably got the names of the settings in edit mode wrong but that's the gist of it. Confused me at first too.

PaulLFC

Played a couple of matches and missions last night after downloading some wrestlers from the workshop (only on low difficulty since this is my first Fire Pro game) - enjoying it so far! I like the timing based aspect so you know if you mess up it's skill based and not RNG.

Since some future features and possible modes seem to be rumoured "if the game sells well enough", what would be considered good sales for a Fire Pro game? SteamSpy currently showing up to ~7500 players, but how accurate that is I'm not sure.

Hasney

Played a couple of matches and missions last night after downloading some wrestlers from the workshop (only on low difficulty since this is my first Fire Pro game) - enjoying it so far! I like the timing based aspect so you know if you mess up it's skill based and not RNG.

Since some future features and possible modes seem to be rumoured "if the game sells well enough", what would be considered good sales for a Fire Pro game? SteamSpy currently showing up to ~7500 players, but how accurate that is I'm not sure.

Steamspy isn't that accurate in the first few days, but I would guess over 7k since there's already 1k creations.

It was never a big seller especially in the west, so it will be interesting to see.

It's amazing that this game plays identical ore more less to the one I grew up on: Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium for the SNES, that game is 21 years old.

Game has the same highs and the same lows as that one.

Striking attacks are still a crap shoot due to the 2 plane, meaning you have to be exactly almost on the same line or it'll go right through them.

Critical hits are still the best.

A bit bare bones right now but it is early access.

Some glaring moves missing though :(, Doesn't seem to be a proper Ankle Lock, Gotch/Craddle Piledriver or the Penalty Kick :(

Scottify

Really looking forward to playing this. In the middle of a move right now and won't have my computer for a few weeks. Can't wait to see some Young Bucks! I can't imagine the Meltzer Driver is in but hopefully there's a ton of super kicks

I can't remember what the creator used for ZSJ's penalty kick but it was close enough

I assume it was probably more of a shining wizard, but stuff like that generally doesn't bother me as much as like a lack of a cradle piledriver because it's so clearly not the move

Yeah there's like a dangerous kick or something it's close enough...

Lack of craddle pildriver is so weird since they have the Gotch Neutralzier

JambiBum

There is an ankle lock, the Kurt Angle on the workshop has it as one of his favorite moves. I don't know if it's actually called ankle lock or not though. I'd have to check.

Anyone here know how to update workshop creations? The only option I could tell looked like it was just gonna upload a copy which I don't want to do

Anyone here know how to update workshop creations? The only option I could tell looked like it was just gonna upload a copy which I don't want to do

Like update it offline or online?

Offline you just make a new wrestler with the created one as a template and then you can edit.

Online no idea

Yeah I was wondering about online

At this point my Asuka is a HUGE DRAW so I should probably update it for the Asukamaniacs out there

Tag team is broken as fuck.

AI completely ignores you and eventually just stops tagging all together ( was playing an 8 man tag)... went 25 minutes without a tag so I just quit.

The run button makes you do the tag me thing but it doesn't cause the AI to actually do anything lol

Probably another victim of early access...

But for 20 bucks it's still a great game.

MYeager

There never has been a good ankle lock and I'm not sure why.

mqdefault.jpg

Spamming A is supposed to escape from pins, and spamming any button(s) is supposed to recover from knockdowns. I don't like those mechanics compared to the precise timing of other things, but I guess that's the nature of the game.

I don't know what it says in the manual, but I know that for this game I just hit A once to kick out, and I try to time it so that it's at 2.9 because close falls count towards a better match rating. Of course it's a little more tense because if you don't have the stamina to kick out then it's going to 3 but I believe it would regardless. Instead of spamming A try just hitting A once after a 2 count.

Anyone know what style the match rankings are going off of? In the GBA games you could try to go for higher match rankings in Strong, Lucha, Hardcore, American, MMA et. I hope they add the ability to choose different styles to be ranked on back in.

I know this is Early Access and all, but does anyone know if via the Steam Workshop there will be uploads of full rosters for the different promotions? I know you can obviously download the individual CAWs and manually create and insert them where they should go, but to be honest I'm not too familiar with which wrestler goes where and whether they're heel, etc.

I havent really ever kept up or followed wrestling but I love this game, so having everything nice and organized really helps. I know with Returns you could upload saves and they would have everything nice and neat. I assume at some point this will be the case with this game.

Yeah I was wondering about online

At this point my Asuka is a HUGE DRAW so I should probably update it for the Asukamaniacs out there

Yes please update it, make split hair and get rid of the last name. ^^
Played with her 2 matches, she is really good!

You can upload updates just as you uploaded it the first time. There is automatically "tweaked it" in the description box, there you see you won't upload it completely new.
Just change anything and go on upload again.

Do updates to online wrestlers automatically flow through to the downloaded version? Like if I download that Asuka and they change it, do I need to redownload her, or will the updates come through automatically?

Do updates to online wrestlers automatically flow through to the downloaded version? Like if I download that Asuka and they change it, do I need to redownload her, or will the updates come through automatically?

It should do it automatically as with most Workshop updates. It also looks like the game does it each time you boot it up.

RaginRoss

I know this is Early Access and all, but does anyone know if via the Steam Workshop there will be uploads of full rosters for the different promotions? I know you can obviously download the individual CAWs and manually create and insert them where they should go, but to be honest I'm not too familiar with which wrestler goes where and whether they're heel, etc.

I havent really ever kept up or followed wrestling but I love this game, so having everything nice and organized really helps. I know with Returns you could upload saves and they would have everything nice and neat. I assume at some point this will be the case with this game.

People can create Collections on Steam Workshop - there's a few up already. I think if you subscribe to one, you get everything inside it downloaded. I'm sure it won't be long before there's full rosters for each promotion on there.

You still need to manually move the guys from Retired to the right place, but hopefully that's something they'll improve down the line.

People can create Collections on Steam Workshop - there's a few up already. I think if you subscribe to one, you get everything inside it downloaded. I'm sure it won't be long before there's one up for every promotion.

Those I know about, and have been helpful.

You still need to manually move the guys from Retired to the right place, but hopefully that's something they'll improve down the line.

This is what I'm hoping gets added/improved down the line.

I have so many questions about this game.

Is there an in-depth guide on how the mechanics/logic works? Stuff like Spirit, breathing, what decides reversals etc.?

I want to create some challenges for myself around simming, say for example, allow myself X number of points and have to beat a particular AI or preferably a friend with the same criteria. What does the AI level equate to, points?

captianpants

Neo Member
ok I bought this yesterday and only got to play for a few minutes but I have the dumbest question

in 1 player mode how do you change the wrestlers from being controlled by the computer ? I feel like I'm missing something really simple

ok I bought this yesterday and only got to play for a few minutes but I have the dumbest question

in 1 player mode how do you change the wrestlers from being controlled by the computer ? I feel like I'm missing something really simple

Move over to the little label next to their name and click it

Top Bottom