• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

beanman25

sorry if its been answered. but how do i kick out? or is that automatic like based on factors similar to reversals?

Blizzard

Banned
sorry if its been answered. but how do i kick out? or is that automatic like based on factors similar to reversals?
According to the manual (right click game on Steam) there seem to be several timing-based ways to escape moves.

You can use the same move as your opponent while grappling to start a contest of strength (then circle dpad I think), or tap a certain button when you're irish whipped to try to recover on the rope. You can tap A to try to kick out of pins, possibly? The manual said to mash A, but someone else said to wait until 2 seconds and press A once to kick out? I think you can also tap certain things at certain times to block/counter/escape other moves, which are probably the reversals you're talking about.

beanman25

According to the manual (right click game on Steam) there seem to be several timing-based ways to escape moves.

You can use the same move as your opponent while grappling to start a contest of strength (then circle dpad I think), or tap a certain button when you're irish whipped to try to recover on the rope. You can tap A to try to kick out of pins, possibly? The manual said to mash A, but someone else said to wait until 2 seconds and press A once to kick out? I think you can also tap certain things at certain times to block/counter/escape other moves, which are probably the reversals you're talking about.

I usually hold A on an Xbox controller.

thank you guys. I'll look at the manual, just finished my work for the day so now I can fire pro it up for a few hours.

Having loads of fun regardless.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
35842197686_a10ea5c921_b.jpg

You're damn right that was 100%.

7 Stars.

beanman25

How come the wrestlers don't do top rope moves much? Watching a match now and both young bucks (from the workshop) go to the top rope and get down after the ref counts 1.

Duress

So how do I use this high flying rope finisher in this mission? I did the moonsault pin and it didn't give me the completion

Does setting the alignment in a team matter? Like could I create a WWE promotion and then Raw and SD stables with neutral alignment? Or would it be better to just have Face/Heel stables?

Foffy

Banned
Does setting the alignment in a team matter? Like could I create a WWE promotion and then Raw and SD stables with neutral alignment? Or would it be better to just have Face/Heel stables?

I believe this largely affects if the crowd boos you or not.

I do not recall if this had any other status in addition to this in Returns.

Pin - mash A/X
Submission mash d-pad
Can you mass delete downloaded wrestlers? I subbed to a bunch and then unsubbed but they're still in my retired list.
You're gonna have to delete one by one. Go to Edit mode -> Workshop -> Uninstall Item

Gaf Sim tournament when?

I need to put my guy to work on some of you.

Also is there anywhere I can learn how to best create my character?Like any guidlines when choosing moves, where to put stats and how to program the AI? It all seems so deep and i'm very confused by it all. Thanks.

I think I finalized my look now. my little homage to the OG Undertaker boots.
D433357F5B2112D34F28F9DCF880B93B38F24B39

Bog

Junior Ace
Anyone see good versions of The Products of Society yet? Can't wait to get my hands on Deathrow Dale again!

Gaf Sim tournament when?

I need to put my guy to work on some of you.

Also is there anywhere I can learn how to best create my character?Like any guidlines when choosing moves, where to put stats and how to program the AI? It all seems so deep and i'm very confused by it all. Thanks.

I think I finalized my look now. my little homage to the OG Undertaker boots.
D433357F5B2112D34F28F9DCF880B93B38F24B39

I think the online issues need to be fixed first before we have a sim tourney.

norm9

Had something strange numerous times last night while playing online. Me and the other player would pick our wrestler, and then once the match started, he was my character and I was his. Happened two times.

Blizzard

Banned
Had something strange numerous times last night while playing online. Me and the other player would pick our wrestler, and then once the match started, he was my character and I was his. Happened two times.
This happened to me every time in a certain lobby, but I didn't want to leave because we had great ping.

JambiBum

I believe that pin priorities are an issue when simming online matches.

Do we know that priorities are messed up or are creators not setting AI correctly? I had one Roman who wouldn't pin in an AI match at all, but when I downloaded a different one he pinned just fine. Some of the creators state that they don't know anything about the AI logic and they're just making skins and move sets, so we might just wanna wait until creators that know how to set the logic properly make more wrestlers.

Do we know that priorities are messed up or are creators not setting AI correctly? I had one Roman who wouldn't pin in an AI match at all, but when I downloaded a different one he pinned just fine. Some of the creators state that they don't know anything about the AI logic and they're just making skins and move sets, so we might just wanna wait until creators that know how to set the logic properly make more wrestlers.

FireProArena thread about pinning issues.

One thing i can't figure out with my guy is he gets on the top rope and he never jumps off. Just stays there for a few seconds and climbs down.

Mhhhhh only have 32 wrestler subscribed now and either it loads very very long on the title screen now or it freezes at 29.

Seems like he can't load something right, every time i boot the game i have this "update" popup and steam tries to download something from the workshop but delays it every time, what now?

Mhhhhh only have 32 wrestler subscribed now and either it loads very very long on the title screen now or it freezes at 29.

Seems like he can't load something right, every time i boot the game i have this "update" popup and steam tries to download something from the workshop but delays it every time, what now?
I'm having the exact same problem right now....

Just read Steam discussions and sounds like its affecting everyone, some issue Steam is having. Bleh

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
One thing i can't figure out with my guy is he gets on the top rope and he never jumps off. Just stays there for a few seconds and climbs down.

Sounds like your AI is messed up. Lower the climb percentage on anything but heavy damage and dazed, otherwise they'll follow their AI to climb, but not attack because there isn't enough time to land the hit.

Cairnsay

Banned

Yeah, just bought the game and when I went to install it couldn't reach the content server. I guess they#re either down, or updating something?

PaulLFC

Just got the same issue now. At least if it's widespread it should be fixed soon, hopefully.

Hasney

Just got the same issue now. At least if it's widespread it should be fixed soon, hopefully.

Got 107 and it doesn't do this? Maybe it's a bugged CAW

PaulLFC

Got 107 and it doesn't do this? Maybe it's a bugged CAW
It could well be, although some people on the game's community forums are reporting they can't even download the game at all after buying. Wonder if they're attempting to update it and something's broken?

Same issue. Had 26 to download. Went to have a shower during the download lol

I also subscribed to a number of wrestlers and they aren't showing up in the Retired section

Du2andal

Banned
Do I have to get a certain rank in each mission to trigger the unlockables or just complete them?

Going back and forth between A and S ranks and I don't want to miss anything,

Top Bottom