• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuC

I wasn't able to get 405lbs on bench before the new year.

I got 410x2 yesterday the second rep was kind of half but Im counting it as full one

PBY

Banned

I got 410x2 yesterday the second rep was kind of half but Im counting it as full one

WHEW.

Thats some beastmode-ness.

I'm so close to 3 plates, but I get up to 2 reps at 45,45,35, and then chicken out.

Mad jelly.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
New milestone. 185 on bench for reps! Feels good to finally add 25s to each side.

That's a 30-pound increase in bench in just four weeks.

Nothing stops this train.

Also, 210 for fairly easy reps on squat, when only 2 months ago I was struggling with 160. wtf right?

Does he have a penis workout too?

No he does not. You and I are forever stuck in our sad state of affairs.

did you take pics? some before/after comparison?

congrats!

It has only been two weeks, no pics which I should have done but just kept measurements. 17.5 inches. wooooooo. still really small but it is working

I really need to look into this, my small calfs are what make my legs look so skinny

check it out, burns immensely.

Also, was talking to Sunflower. Says he misses you guys alot and is on a cut which he hates. He will be back with us soon <3

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
For those who use them, when did you folks start using belts?

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom

Why you no record this?

Congrats man. I should be at 400 soon. Did 355x3 right after 350x3 pretty easily.

Cunts the lot of you!

I can't bench or press for shit anymore :'(

All I can manage right now is 308x5 cgbp and 100-110lbs db should press, my shoulders feel like exploding.

Did squats then finished off with 308x10 pause (1-2sec.) at max depth, 6" off floor, shit was brutal...really feel it stretch out my hip flexors, so tight right now. Also doing stretches with the BB on my knees while in squat position.

Finally got around to doing BB rows in my apartment, LOL, I typically let the bar drop and it's noisy so I have to hold the bar back on the decent now and "deposit" it on my foamy mats...sucks. Did a 30x dead hang pullup set after and that gave a pretty good pump.

Underestimated how many calories were in this meal...a pound of lean ground beef is ~800+ calories...

~3000+ calories here.

Peter Rubish does a mashed potato + ground beef mix as his diet and I've been trying it out, I added 2 avocados and broccoli to the dish lol

4nigaBY.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Cunts the lot of you!

I can't bench or press for shit anymore :'(

All I can manage right now is 308x5 cgbp and 100-110lbs db should press, my shoulders feel like exploding.

Did squats then finished off with 308x10 pause (1-2sec.) at max depth, 6" off floor, shit was brutal...really feel it stretch out my hip flexors, so tight right now. Also doing stretches with the BB on my knees while in squat position.

Finally got around to doing BB rows in my apartment, LOL, I typically let the bar drop and it's noisy so I have to hold the bar back on the decent now and "deposit" it on my foamy mats...sucks. Did a 30x dead hang pullup set after and that gave a pretty good pump.

Underestimated how many calories were in this meal...a pound of lean ground beef is ~800+ calories...

~3000+ calories here.

Peter Rubish does a mashed potato + ground beef mix as his diet and I've been trying it out, I added 2 avocados and broccoli to the dish lol

I feel like I've asked this before, but have you tired external rotations, face pulls, and band pull a parts for your shoulders?

Also my wife makes me that beef and potato dish. Also we do something called potato tacos. Mashed potatoes and ground beef inside a tortilla. Fry it in oil the. Top it with avocado, tomato, an onion all crushed Into a paste.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
I feel like I've asked this before, but have you tired external rotations, face pulls, and band pull a parts for your shoulders?

Also my wife makes me that beef and potato dish. Also we do something called potato tacos. Mashed potatoes and ground beef inside a tortilla. Fry it in oil the. Top it with avocado, tomato, an onion all crushed Into a paste.

I have no bands so I've only ever done external rotators with light DBs like Poliquin recommends. Maybe I should order some bands and try that stuff out...Right now my shoulders feel good even during/after the pullups and I managed to sleep on my back all night which helped. I get pain from sleeping on my sides, I'll roll over at night, and doing overhead stuff at work.

That sounds delicious...I was so full after that meal I was nauseous LOL

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I have no bands so I've only ever done external rotators with light DBs like Poliquin recommends. Maybe I should order some bands and try that stuff out...Right now my shoulders feel good even during/after the pullups and I managed to sleep on my back all night which helped. I get pain from sleeping on my sides, I'll roll over at night, and doing overhead stuff at work.

That sounds delicious...I was so full after that meal I was nauseous LOL

Try it it's delicious. And yeah I'd get some bands they saved my shoulders.

I guess protein shake is not for me. Every time i drink them my stomach feels pinched and just not right. I drink it with milk. Should i just stop taking protein shakes?

moocow

I've been going up on squats and deads at about 5 lbs every week or two recently. Is it a bad idea if I'm only going up in 1rep maxes for those two lifts? I'm positive I can keep these increases going for several more weeks, but I'm debating as to whether or not it is smarter to just do something like 531 and relegate myself to 5 lb gains every month.

I'm not as worried about bench because I have been going up every week in 2x2s.

spootime

I've been going up on squats and deads at about 5 lbs every week or two recently. Is it a bad idea if I'm only going up in 1rep maxes for those two lifts? I'm positive I can keep these increases going for several more weeks, but I'm debating as to whether or not it is smarter to just do something like 531 and relegate myself to 5 lb gains every month.

You can do 5/3/1 and do more than 5lb a week as well.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Can I get some opinions on carb backloading and the paleo diets? Didn't see them mentioned in the op.

I don't think many people in here do Paleo, it always seemed to me like one of those diets that is too much of a hassle to follow that most people aren't successful and even the people who are successful don't seem to gain much muscle. Seems more of a diet for the crossfit crowd instead of the guys in here who are trying to lift more weight . I could be wrong though

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Can I get some opinions on carb backloading and the paleo diets? Didn't see them mentioned in the op.

If you're interested, I recommend taking a look at John Kiefer's Carb Back Loading book. A lot of people in the performance community have found great success on the program.

moocow

Nobody? Fuck it, 1 rep maxes every week it is!

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody? Fuck it, 1 rep maxes every week it is!
Are you recovering strength from a setback or just progressing normally? Are you actually performing 1RMes every week or just basing your numbers on them? If the former, I'd be very wary about maxing out so often. I have a friend who trained like that, very strong guy with good mobility and form, but that level of stress can wreck anyone; he ended up hurting his back and it stopped him training properly for at least a year, if not 2.

Noema

Attempting 1RMs so often, specially for non-advanced, drug-free lifters, is usually a recipe for disaster. Both your CNS and your joints will be under enormous stress.

For actual training, you rarely have to go over 90% of your RM to drive progress through homeostasis disruption and recovery.

moocow

I was recovering on starting strength for several months until It was too much, but I kept going up every week with just less reps. At the moment I am stronger than I was before my injury with my bench max being 10 pounds more, my squat being almost 100 more( I never squatted as much as I did when I started recovering), and my deadlift being 5 pounds more.

My sets beforehand are generally increments of plates so for deadlifts it looks like

135x5
135x5
225x5
285x3
315x2
365x1
405x1

and then I try to go for my next max. It's probably too much volume, but I don't feel comfortable with jumps of more than 50 pounds.

Go_Ly_Dow

3 weeks out of the gym.

get back from college > fever > xmas closure > head back to college > new years closure >. get too wasted on new years and bust my head wide open = another 5 days out waiting for it to heal.

1st day back today.

FUCK THAT FELT GOOD.

The wife is complaining that we don't have enough money to support all the food I eat and that I have to cut back, fuckin hate being married sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom