• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MjFrancis

Arm work is the cherry on top. Go heavier with 5-rep range if you like, or do 10-12 reps a set for the pump because you know you want to.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Instead of a bowl of peanut butter and some raisins I drizzled some chocolate syrup on last night. That with a frosted glass of milk made for a great end to my night. Love adding small amounts of bad stuff to large amounts of good!

mt1200

Male/female? How much do you eat a day?

Male, I don't know how many calories, but this is what I eat from sundays to fridays (saturday is my cheat day, so I eat junk food or carbs like rice) :

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs or raw tofu with soy sauce, I alternate between those two.
snack: Mixed nuts (Not sure how many, like 50g).
Lunch: Only meat(pork, chicken, cattle) + vegetables or salad, no soup, no rice, no potato, no carbs.
snack: Some sugar-free jello and/or half a punch of nuts, sometimes a slice of jam and a slice of cheese.
dinner( After working out): Tuna/meat + salad
snack before sleeping: a few nuts or more sugar-free jello.

No sodas, I only drink water, sugar-free natural fruit juice (No processed crap), or sometimes lipton ice tea (Which contains tons of sugar but I have no choice at my workplace's food court).

Teggy

Instead of a bowl of peanut butter and some raisins I drizzled some chocolate syrup on last night. That with a frosted glass of milk made for a great end to my night. Love adding small amounts of bad stuff to large amounts of good!

A "bowl" of peanut butter? How much are we talking about here?

Teggy

About 4 spoonfuls. Probably about 500 or 600 calories. Natural of course. Yum!

Oh, you save up your calories as I recall. Would love to be able to do that - natural PB is my kryptonite (among many other foods). Between smoothies and snacks (PB on celery for example) I probably get close to that some days.

Cooter

Oh, you save up your calories as I recall. Would love to be able to do that - natural PB is my kryptonite (among many other foods). Between smoothies and snacks (PB on celery for example) I probably get close to that some days.
Yeah, I do. By the time I start eating around 8 or 9 I'm sitting on 400 or 500 calories from my post workout shake and Red Bull. I enjoy the freedom to gorge on 2000 calories and still be on a cut.

Completed my first 5am workout earlier. 5am strength is not the same as 7pm strength for me lol I had to drop down a little weight on bench and ohp. I think I'll add in a couple more warm up sets next time.
It was a little more crowded than I thought it would be, but everyone there is just trying to get down to business. It's refreshing to not have to wait for a bench or rack while 5 teenagers play grab ass. No wasted time at all today.

I'm not sleepy at my cube (yet...) and I feel pretty good so far. Thursday when I hit squats and DL is probably going to be a true eye opener.

Cooter

Quick question, with arm work do I still keep the 5 rep rule? I'm doing the routine in the OP (the first ine)
I usually stick to 10,8,6,4 with the last 2 sets very heavy. Truth be told I don't think it matters much as long as you're pushing yourself at whatever weight and amount of reps you decide.

MjFrancis

Cooter has a nice rep scheme for arms. Arm work is like tertiary assistance to whatever training you are involved in. Three to six sets of whatever isn't going to significantly impact recovery and you might build a little muscle in the process... and you were going to curl anyways, so have at it and have fun.

Petrie

Banned
Another aboard the cut train. Choo choo!

All aboard!

*plays crazy train*

About 4 spoonfuls. Probably about 500 or 600 calories. Natural of course. Yum!

I can eat a jar and still want more.

PB is godly.

So here's what I mean when I say, "every day is squat day."

Monday:
Weightlifting:
A) Snatch from blocks @ top of knee: 60/3, 70/3, 75/3, 80/3 * 3 sets
B) Snatch Pull to Hip (elongated first pull): 100/2 * 4 sets

Strength:
A) BS: 60/6, 65/6, 70/2*6
B) Good Mornings into Push Press: 4 sets of 5
C) Strict Toes To Bar: 3 sets of 8

Tuesday:
Weightlifting:
A) Muscle Snatch: 40/5, 50/5, 60/3*4 sets
B) CJ from blocks @ top of knee: 60/3, 70/2, 80/2, 85/2, 90/1*4 sets,
C) Clean Only From Ground: 80/3*3 sets

Strength:
A) Clean Grip RDL into Jump: 5 sets of 6 @ 85% of max clean
B) Snatch Grip Bent Over Row: 3 sets of 8
C) Tabata Situps x 8 rounds

Wednesday:
Weightlifting:
A) Push Press + Jerk Grip OHS: 55/5+3, 60/3+3, 65/2+3*3 sets
B) Split Jerk From Rack: 60/3, 70/3, 75/2, 80-90/1*4 sets
C) Power Snatch: 50/3, 60/3, 65/3, 70-80/1*3 sets

Strength:
A) BS: 70/2, 75/2, 80/3*6 sets
B) Weighted Situps: 3x10

Cudder

I usually stick to 10,8,6,4 with the last 2 sets very heavy. Truth be told I don't think it matters much as long as you're pushing yourself at whatever weight and amount of reps you decide.

Is that with dumbbells or barbells for curls? Both?

Male, I don't know how many calories

Don't need to read any further. Figure it out first. I guarantee that week to week, you're eating more than you burn.

Speaking of BURN - all you boys jumping on the cut train considering UD2.0, be forewarned that the depletion workouts remain consistently miserable for the duration of the diet. I'm on round 5 and they still suck. Hard.

J. Bravo

So here's what I mean when I say, "every day is squat day."

Monday:
Weightlifting:
A) Snatch from blocks @ top of knee: 60/3, 70/3, 75/3, 80/3 * 3 sets
B) Snatch Pull to Hip (elongated first pull): 100/2 * 4 sets

Strength:
A) BS: 60/6, 65/6, 70/2*6
B) Good Mornings into Push Press: 4 sets of 5
C) Strict Toes To Bar: 3 sets of 8

Tuesday:
Weightlifting:
A) Muscle Snatch: 40/5, 50/5, 60/3*4 sets
B) CJ from blocks @ top of knee: 60/3, 70/2, 80/2, 85/2, 90/1*4 sets,
C) Clean Only From Ground: 80/3*3 sets

Strength:
A) Clean Grip RDL into Jump: 5 sets of 6 @ 85% of max clean
B) Snatch Grip Bent Over Row: 3 sets of 8
C) Tabata Situps x 8 rounds

Wednesday:
Weightlifting:
A) Push Press + Jerk Grip OHS: 55/5+3, 60/3+3, 65/2+3*3 sets
B) Split Jerk From Rack: 60/3, 70/3, 75/2, 80-90/1*4 sets
C) Power Snatch: 50/3, 60/3, 65/3, 70-80/1*3 sets

Strength:
A) BS: 70/2, 75/2, 80/3*6 sets
B) Weighted Situps: 3x10

you sure like snatch.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well Deadlift day went better than OHP. Got up to 220x5 but like yesterday was burnt after the 5/3/1 lift. Had nothing left for BBB sets gonna try to do some accessory though. Felt good that I could nearly hit 2 plates again though.

Detox

2 weeks and I still can't get below my current 60.5Kg weight (Goal: 56Kg or below) even though i've been doing crazy-ass intense group classes and some interval training in the treadmill.

I guess i'll have to cut down my daily nuts due to the fat contents, since I'm eating whole boiled eggs too, and I don't want to waste eggyolks.
Just out of interest, why do you want to get to that weight? It sounds unhealthy unless you're really short.

Personal best on one rep max front squat yesterday

I think it was about a month ago when I did 205 lbs and just yesterday I hit 225. I don't know how I managed to jump that high up but I'm happy with it. I was so giddy after I did it. Also lost about 10 lbs since last month. Female, btw.

Cooter

I think it was about a month ago when I did 205 lbs and just yesterday I hit 225. I don't know how I managed to jump that high up but I'm happy with it. I was so giddy after I did it. Also lost about 10 lbs since last month. Female, btw.
Holy S! Nice work girl!! Damn!!

mt1200

Don't need to read any further. Figure it out first. I guarantee that week to week, you're eating more than you burn.

I don't think so, I don't eat that much, as I wrote I don't even eat carbs besided the few that may have peanuts/vegetables and a few beans. Even though saturdays are my cheat/resting days and I still avoid sodas on those days.

Btw, can Bodycombat be considered HIIT?, as I'm starting to do some HIIT, I don't want to overtrain and lose strength.

My workout routine consists of the following:

• 1H cardio (split in 2 intervals, one before lifting, one after lifting)
  • 45min - 1H weight lifting

As for cardio, I usually do one of the following routines:

• 40-45 min group class (bootcamp-like class, bodycombat, or spinning), 15 min HIIT or normal pace on the treadmill if I'm too tired
  • 30min elliptical trainer, 30 min treadmill, sometimes 30 min spinning machine instead of treadmill. 15 out of those 30 min in the treadmill are for HIIT.

I've read and I shouldn't try HIIT every day, so i'll try to do it only two or three times per week.

Anyone else ever heard of Ako Rahim? Dude is beastly. My fitness goal for sure.
cf00774e802311e381f2124ecfe7b39e_8.jpg

18221f82de6b11e28ff222000a1fb6c5_7.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

That's impressive!

How long have you been lifting?

That's impressive!

How long have you been lifting?

for about 2 years now, I think. Lost a bunch of weight, fell off the wagon, gained a bunch of weight and now I'm trying to get back on track. I've been strong from an early age but I've been putting effort into it for just those two years. When I started I was squatting about 140 ish, from what I can remember.

I would not enjoy my life if I had to maintain that bf%. Not one bit. I pass.

Indeed, but with that general lean mass under a small layer of fat I would feel indestructible, aesthetic, and healthy. I realize there are a few powerlifters in here, but I'm in it for strength AND aesthetics.

Cooter

Indeed, but with that general lean mass under a small layer of fat I would feel indestructible, aesthetic, and healthy. I realize there are a few powerlifters in here, but I'm in it for strength AND aesthetics.
As am I brotha. You get that guy between 10-12% and he'll still look damn good.

Zoe

Btw, can Bodycombat be considered HIIT?, as I'm starting to do some HIIT, I don't want to overtrain and lose strength.

Been a while since I've done it, but the hard tracks probably last too long to count.

I wouldn't sweat it though, especially if you get enjoyment out of doing it.

SeanR1221

Damn impressive. You compete?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ahh, Conker's Bad Fur Day. What a great game.

Was it by choice or did a riot force your hand?

Male/female? How much do you eat a day? Relevant BodyRecomposition Article

I'm gonna be joining DCT (disturbance control team). Need a smaller beard so it's easier to shave when w do forced cell moves or react to riots or other disturbances.

Anyone else ever heard of Ako Rahim? Dude is beastly. My fitness goal for sure.

Better get on some shit.

Cooter

I moved my feet closer today for deadlifts. Like I was going to jump. I think it helped. 435x4 was still way hard though!

Husker86

Another day of being stuck at 215 bench 3x5...really discouraging. I think I need to switch to something else besides 3x5 same weight working sets.

Several bench days in a row doing 5-4-3 reps or some combination of not 5-5-5.

Cooter

Another day of being stuck at 215 bench 3x5...really discouraging. I think I need to switch to something else besides 3x5 same weight working sets.

Why not? Maybe try 195 6 times, 215 5 times, and finish with 225-230 until failure? Just a suggestion.

You know, I was stuck for awhile and using chains really helped me. They are lighter at the bottom due to resting on the ground and then become heavier near the top. Worked well to help me ease past my stall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom