• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
NOOOOO!!!! for some reason I usually end up bulking before summer. I'll be even more jealous of you all!
Bulk now through April. Spend May and June cutting. Participate in the thread in July! See how easy that was?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
#Teamglutes

count me in for the summer cut, I gotta get rid of these love handles.
Gaf isn't going to know what hit them! This will be awesome. Between Darth's gamma infected ass, Immortal's genetically freakish self, and FE's new body this will be good. Not to mention the dozens of others who give this place such a great reputation!

sphinx

the piano man
mmmm yes ALL IN.

yes but at the end of OT5 only you, me and Szu were part of #teamglutes, most bailed out, :p

I understand, glutes are that part off the body everybody wants to see but nobody wants to show, hehe.

never seen darth's by the way. if they are proportional to the quads, then that's one massive radioactive mutant ass, lol.

<3 Darth

Chocobro

Today was very, very disappointing. Terrible squats (form was breaking down and it just got harder) must have been from the combination of doing a lot of overhead squats with a dowel rod last night, a poor night of sleep, and forgetting two crucial stretches due to needing to leave early today. Hopefully 145lb will be better next Monday...I also strained my wrist when loading a 45lb plate onto the BB for squats and it sucks. At least I got 3x5x75lb OHP, I'll be back at the weight I deloaded from next time I OHP.
/Rambling
Yeah, we all will! We should create a FitGaf summer body thread in OP come beach time!
Yeah...I don't think I'll be participating haha. I always wear T-shirts or white beaters during the summer. I got nothing to show!

sphinx

the piano man

when I see you complain about your looks or that you "look like lift but at the same like you don't" I always think " what's he talking about? there was that one pic last year that is undeniably on the "muscle" side of things"

this one is that pic. no need to second guess yourself.

do your cut and I am sure you'll reach uncharted territory. you are going to look great.

Hey guys, its been a while.

Just dropping by to update ya'll on my progress; progress pics ahoy!

Before - November 18-2013
hn2eM9xh.jpg

After - January 31-2014

Front:

Back:

Still fasting, doing cardio x 2 a week and eating with a caloric deficit. Plan on proceeding with one more month to deplete my remaining glycogen fat deposits as much as possible, and then start bulking.

Strength maintenance is still relatively the same. Hasn't degressed much.

Weightloss is apprx. 20 lbs: went from 87,7 kg to 78~79 kg

In relatively other news: Just finished 8 months of activity, according to my statistics. Woohoo!

How do you buy jeans/pants? There is no way 99% of size 32 waist pants can fit those tree trunks. Is everything custom fitted? Or do you just wear gym shorts 24/7?
Generally yes I just wear gym clothes, lol. I haven't really bothered to have everything in my wardrobe custom fitted, but that might be the best solution. I just tend to buy clothes made for a larger waist size as it's the lazier option.

Looks atrocious though.

I have found jeans that fit at my waist size though. They hug me like crazy though and I've ripped a few, but it's worth it for the days I want to look sexy, lol. I really should get some stuff fitted.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, its been a while.

Just dropping by to update ya'll on my progress; progress pics ahoy!

Good work brother! I can see the shape changing! Been wondering how your cut has been going - looks like you're getting results.

The bad news is that it looks like your belly is going to be the very last place to get rid of the fats. That's alright though, you're on this train, and it's gonna be some seriously big dividends if you keep at it.

Great progress but don't falter now! Now is the most crucial time my brother! DOUBLE DOWN!

ILoveBish

Generally yes I just wear gym clothes, lol. I haven't really bothered to have everything in my wardrobe custom fitted, but that might be the best solution. I just tend to buy clothes made for a larger waist size as it's the lazier option.

Looks atrocious though.

I have found jeans that fit at my waist size though. They hug me like crazy though and I've ripped a few, but it's worth it for the days I want to look sexy, lol. I really should get some stuff fitted.

I have this asian lady who does alterations for me, pretty much anything i need is 5 bucks alteration and incredible work, better then any suit place i've been to. Im just waiting to drop the last 40lbs i want to lose and then i'll be buying clothes again and get it all fitted. I figured you just wore loose clothes, its so damn hard to buy clothes once you get large in a muscular way.

Good work brother! I can see the shape changing! Been wondering how your cut has been going - looks like you're getting results.

The bad news is that it looks like your belly is going to be the very last place to get rid of the fats. That's alright though, you're on this train, and it's gonna be some seriously big dividends if you keep at it.

Great progress but don't falter now! Now is the most crucial time my brother! DOUBLE DOWN!

Hehe. Much appreciated Sunflower. :)

It's okay if the stomach deposit is the last place that gets depleted. I'm feeling much slimmer than I have for actually a very long time.

I was flicking through some of my old progress photos which I made in the very beginning of this course. I can't believe I found my former figure acceptablen - it's simoltaneously effectively insuring and encouraging me on keep moving forward no matter what.

Here's some old takes from early summer last year:

Nope join team tubbyfatstrong

Thats the thing I'm not fat or tubby anymore. I'm not even bulking. I've actually got a decent figure right now for someone who cut way down on the cardio. I've just been eating right, getting a lot of sleep, and trying to attack the weights every time I go in. By far the worst thing I do is put alcohol in my system. Oh well no one is perfect. I'm just increasing what I eat the stronger I get and the more calories my body demands. Don't know if thats the right way to do it but oh well, thats what Fit Gaf is for. I get to read how people way smarter and stronger than me do it then make it work for me.

Yup the lower stomach and love handles are the last place for me as well. I think its the curse of the white man, storing all of that fat around your mid section. Its the hardest to work off but keep working at it highluxury, your looking great!

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
So I'm well over my 195lbs target for the week, still two days to go! Skipped a meal since I was already at 5,000cals after lunch.

J. Bravo

320x5 squat. i'm actually happy with my form here except for it seems like the bar didn't travel straight up and down. oh well. also if i was hitting parallel it was barely hitting it.

haha sorry if it seems like i'm being a video whore. since i'm not aesthetic i can't post pics like everyone else :(
kidding, btw, i just dont like posting pics, and i do like posting videos of my lifts

oh yeah this is the day after those deadlifts. and i had just gotten off an 8 hour shift that started at 6am. bang bang!

Mik2121

Question, guys!

What do you guys call this?

at-home-pull-ups-exercises.jpg

It looks like pull ups, but with your body in a more straight position and your head going forward rather than the typical pull ups where your body is on a slight diagonal and your pecs are sorta looking upwards. Like this:

24.jpg

I do the second one, but at my gym some guy started to do what we call "The Will Smith technique" because... we don't know the real name :S

Also, what does it change? It seemed to hit the upper back more, but other than that..?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
320x5 squat. i'm actually happy with my form here except for it seems like the bar didn't travel straight up and down. oh well. also if i was hitting parallel it was barely hitting it.

haha sorry if it seems like i'm being a video whore. since i'm not aesthetic i can't post pics like everyone else :(
kidding, btw, i just dont like posting pics, and i do like posting videos of my lifts

oh yeah this is the day after those deadlifts. and i had just gotten off an 8 hour shift that started at 6am. bang bang!

You're pretty much at depth. You might be just a little high, but it's definitely not a deal breaker. I'd count it.

Cudder

Whoa! Weren't you doing like 305x5 last week? I remember you and me were pretty much even and now you just jumped up to 320! lol. Good shit man.

Question, guys!

It looks like pull ups, but with your body in a more straight position and your head going forward rather than the typical pull ups where your body is on a slight diagonal and your pecs are sorta looking upwards. Like this:

24.jpg

I do the second one, but at my gym some guy started to do what we call "The Will Smith technique" because... we don't know the real name :S

Also, what does it change? It seemed to hit the upper back more, but other than that..?

I'm probably speaking broscience here, but I've heard behind-the-head pull ups like Will Smith is doing are very hard on your shoulders due to the positioning.

blackflag

I'm probably speaking broscience here, but I've heard behind-the-head pull ups like Will Smith is doing are very hard on your shoulders due to the positioning.

Well it certainly looks like it would be much harder on your shoulders. Also looks less effective at hitting lats

Keep posting the vids. I like seeing videos of REAL people doing lifts.

Big deal some oak barrel chested ham head can bench xxxx lbs with a bench press shirt and eight inches total ROM. That shit doesn't inspire me.

Oh, and next time wear a yellow shirt like you're supposed to.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Keep posting the vids. I like seeing videos of REAL people doing lifts.

Big deal some oak barrel chested ham head can bench xxxx lbs with a bench press shirt and eight inches total ROM. That shit doesn't inspire me.

Oh, and next time wear a yellow shirt like you're supposed to.

Big deal? You act like what those dudes do is easy.

Question, guys!

24.jpg

Klokov (keep bringing him up, sorry) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eg5NDovMPE

Behind the neck pull-ups. Like others have said, they are harder on your shoulders.

Yup the lower stomach and love handles are the last place for me as well. I think its the curse of the white man, storing all of that fat around your mid section. Its the hardest to work off but keep working at it highluxury, your looking great!

Thanks dude, but honestly I don't think I look great. It's decent progress, but I still have a long way to go.

Phew, looks like I haven't lost any OHP strength even though I failed miserably at my 1 rep max attempt (75 kg / 165 lb) last week. Was able to press 5 x 70 kg (154 lb) today which was a new PR. Pretty happy about that especially now that I started my cut on Monday.

Petrie

Banned
I was going to post a new thread, but realized the typical GAF responses would be shit:

After years of either shared housing or living with parents my girlfriend and I our finally moving into a place solo come Monday. This means I need to get ready for the initial shopping trip where I get all the essential stuff people don't think about much. I'm just getting a list together of thinks like soy sauce, spices, etc that you don't buy often but still want to have. Input appreciated Fitgaf friends!

J. Bravo

You're pretty much at depth. You might be just a little high, but it's definitely not a deal breaker. I'd count it.

Whoa! Weren't you doing like 305x5 last week? I remember you and me were pretty much even and now you just jumped up to 320! lol. Good shit man.

good to know. thanks. i hadn't even squatted for about a week and a half before yesterday. last cycle i got 315x2 so i'm either going harder or getting stronger or both. love it.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I'm feeling very proud of myself GAF. I started a 5K prep program late October that I'm over halfway done with. Here's been my progress (sessions skipped out of the timeline). You're supposed to run every other day, sometimes two days later:

Week 1 Day 2: 30 minutes total, 8 minutes running, 1 minute max run completed November 1st
Week 1 Day 3: 30 minutes total, 8 minutes running, 1 minute max run completed November 2nd
Week 2 Day 2: 28 minutes total, 8 minutes running, 1 minute 30 seconds max run completed November 5th
Week 2 Day 3: 31 minutes total, 9 minutes running, 1 minute 30 seconds max run completed November 8th
Week 3 Day 1: 26 minutes total, 8 minutes running, 2 minutes 30 seconds max run completed January 14th
Week 3 Day 2: 26 minutes total, 8 minutes running, 2 minutes 30 seconds max run completed January 16th
Week 3 Day 3: 30 minutes total, 10 minutes running, 3 minutes max run completed January 21st
Week 4 Day 1: 34 minutes total, 14 minutes running, 4 minutes max run completed January 23rd HUGE HURDLE
Week 4 Day 2: 36 minutes total, 16 minutes running, 5 minutes max run completed January 25th
Week 4 Day 3: 34 minutes total, 16 minutes running, 5 minutes max run completed January 27th
Week 5 Day 1: 32 minutes total, 16 minutes running, 6 minutes max run completed January 29th
Week 5 Day 2: 36 minutes total, 18 minutes running, 8 minutes max run completed February 1st

I continue to surprise myself; I thought there was no way I would complete my run today. I've been on a streak as you can see.
3AQmK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom