• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
After several failed attempts while trying to side-raise 10lb dumbbells sacrificing form and speed, I had to return to 5lb dumbbells, which is the same when I started lifting a month ago.

I don't know how important is to keep form instead of adding weight, but I can't feel any strength progress at all for some of my upper body muscles.

I have zero patience

Micro loading...use plates, use two small rubber dumbbells from the classes, try bands, wrist weights, etc. There's more than one way to skin a delt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Probably the best and coolest compliment ever.

Just got called in early. Fuck me. I'll have to try to go after work now and that's if shit doesn't get nuts again.

Stay safe. If shit is nuts I worry, man.

One of my goals last year was to bench 10 x 100 kg (220 lb) but my few attemps always failed at the last tenth rep. Well, not anymore! Managed to do 11 reps. I think my new goal this year will be a modest 15 x 100 kg which should be doable..

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
One of my goals last year was to bench 10 x 100 kg (220 lb) but my few attemps always failed at the last tenth rep. Well, not anymore! Managed to do 11 reps. I think my new goal this year will be a modest 15 x 100 kg which should be doable..
Goals are great but why not up the weight and lower the reps for a couple sets?

sphinx

the piano man
once again.... one of those days in which I come back from work and all I want is go into my bed and forget about everything...

I have one hour to get ready and convince myself that I should go...

I am really having a battle in my mind with phrases like " it's just once, tomorrow you'll carry on, one day is nothing"

it reaally doesn't help that today is chest day.... and I hate chest days, fuck them, there is nothing exciting to look forward to...

the only thing that motivates me is wearing that shirt I like and look at me in the mirrors... that's how much I hate chest days. I have to change my mindset cause hating exercises for any one part of the body won't lead me anywhere.

that damn orange better give me new spirits...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
once again.... one of those days in which I come back from work and all I want is go into my bed and forget about everything...

I am really having a battle in my mind with phrases like " it's just once, tomorrow you'll carry on, one day is nothing"

it reaally doesn't help that today is chest day.... and I hate chest days, fuck them, there is nothing exciting to look forward to...

the only thing that motivates me is wearing that shirt I like and look at me in the mirrors... that's how much I hate chest days. I have to change my mindset cause hating exercises for any one part of the body won't lead me anywhere.

Get the fuck out there brah, muscle waits for no man. Go build it. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither are you! Never stop.

LOAD THE SPACESHIP WITH PROTEIN POWDER AND FIRE TO THE STARS

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
I think I've caught the attention of a cougar. She looks like she's in her early-40's, but she is in great shape. She even knocked out several sets of push-ups (not the ones on your knees).

Then, she noticed that I was doing Dragon Flags. She wanted the challenge of trying them. I gave her some pointers and she did the best she could for her first time.

I still need to be cautious, she's liable to eat me alive.

I have a 36 year old right now. She works out five times a week and has a smoking body, lots of fun. Older women know what they want, also had a 36 and 42 year old in the last two months...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it bad I want to sign up for one of those findacougar.com websites because I don't want to deal with young-ass people who don't know wtf they want?

sphinx

the piano man
Get the fuck out there brah, muscle waits for no man. Go build it. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither are you! Never stop.

LOAD THE SPACESHIP WITH PROTEIN POWDER AND FIRE TO THE STARS

if you see me fooling around and psoting here in NeoGAF after 40 minutes from now, then I failed.

Mr.ToughPants said:
Older women know what they want

that applies almost to everybody, not just single women.

it's Nr.1 reason why I like to hang out and get to meet people around my age

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
if you see me fooling around and psoting here in NeoGAF after 40 minutes from now, then I failed.

Gonna watch your post history. If you aren't out that door in 5 mins I'm gonna put you on ignore for months. You'll be excommunicated. GO LIFT!

Just go for sure. It happens to all of us but then just stay dressed or get dressed and get outside and you will see that you will go no matter what. And then on your way you think to yourself " dam i was really thinking of not going,what is wrong with me?" Happens to me lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I was taught about a strength training program from this man. I can see it now...

OHP1p2a.jpg

SeanR1221

I've warned this co worker about taking preworkout and fat burner together. Idiot keeps doing it and wondering why he feels like shit.

This is the uneducated general public.

Yeah hopefully it's more calm tonight.

I had a friend who did this. He got REALLY skinny from the diet pills but his strength went to shit and never recovered. Guess the summer and were worth it

The only thing I heard regarding fat burners that work are an EC stack or Yohimbine HCL. I want to try it just to try it but am too lazy to actually do the research involved so I will prolly never touch the stuff.

Cooter

The only thing I heard regarding fat burners that work are an EC stack or Yohimbine HCL. I want to try it just to try it but am too lazy to actually do the research involved so I will prolly never touch the stuff.
EC does help with appetite control but I'm not sure if it burns much fat.

rage1973

Just put in an order for 1/4 of a grass fed cow.
Damn that was expensive and I hope this Paleo diet pays off for me and my wife in the long run.

EC does help with appetite control but I'm not sure if it burns much fat.

EC is purported to increase your metabolism by maybe 5% or so which is supposed to increase slightly the longer you're on it. The appetite suppression and extra energy is a bonus but for me at least those effects are gone within a week or two of use. It does help wake me up in the morning if I'm gonna train first thing, not in the bouncy "too much coffee" sense but just generally snapping me out of post-sleep grogginess.

Considering how cheap and well studied it is I think it's worth using on cuts.

Ah. Maybe that's why it is an effective "fat burner" because it restricts your appetite. I remember there is something about insulin too.

It does impair insulin sensitivity so it's pointless/detrimental to take when you're bulking:
Lyle McDonald said:
the debate comes in in terms of this: EC impairs insulin sensitivity but training increases it. The queston is which wins out.

Does the incerase in IS from training > the effect from EC or vice versa

I have few data points althogh a friend using clen (EC ^10th) has noticed problems with carb storage suggesting that the negative of clen > the effects of his training.

Is EC that potent? I dunno.

Just put in an order for 1/4 of a grass fed cow.
Damn that was expensive and I hope this Paleo diet pays off for me and my wife in the long run.

Grass fed beef is its own reward.

EC is purported to increase your metabolism by maybe 5% or so which is supposed to increase slightly the longer you're on it. The appetite suppression and extra energy is a bonus but for me at least those effects are gone within a week or two of use. It does help wake me up in the morning if I'm gonna train first thing, not in the bouncy "too much coffee" sense but just generally snapping me out of post-sleep grogginess.

Considering how cheap and well studied it is I think it's worth using on cuts.

It does impair insulin sensitivity so it's pointless/detrimental to take when you're bulking:

Grass fed beef is its own reward.

Interesting. I guess I will check it out some more. Think it would be nice to try when I start to stall.

And one of my coworkers said that it looks like my jeans are painted onto my legs. Feel fantastic for that. LOVE IT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Deadlift day is best lift day. I'm ready for my BESTLIFTS later tonight!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't touched ephedra since it would make me angry - real angry - back in the early 2000s. Have they refined that shit at all so it doesn't make people like me try to throw employees through walls?

Cooter

I haven't touched ephedra since it would make me angry - real angry - back in the early 2000s. Have they refined that shit at all so it doesn't make people like me try to throw employees through walls?
Ephedra is different. We're talking about ephedrine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My understanding is that ephedra is more potent. I'm sure others can elaborate.

Oh, is that the major takeaway? I'll spend my time how I should have and look it up, I do have the internet so I should be doing that first :) Thanks Cootår

EDIT: After doing some reading, I'm gonna stay away from it. A heart attack was just around the corner for me in my 20s with ephedra, ephedrine looks to be like it'll do the same shit and I'm older now so...yikes.

Cooter

Oh, is that the major takeaway? I'll spend my time how I should have and look it up, I do have the internet so I should be doing that first :) Thanks Cootår
Not a problem. Ephedra is still banned in the states I believe while ephedrine is not.

Teggy

EDIT: After doing some reading, I'm gonna stay away from it. A heart attack was just around the corner for me in my 20s with ephedra, ephedrine looks to be like it'll do the same shit and I'm older now so...yikes.

Ephedrine and pseudoephedrine come from the ephedra plant. Ephedra is banned in the US, but ephedrine and pseudoephedrine are not. Usually you have to get medicine containing ephedrine/pseudoephedrine from behind the counter because it's used in making meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom