• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is chest day once a week recommended?

I like to do chest on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Most weeks I'll mix in an extra workout on Tuesday and Thursday just to even things out.

The weekend is then left completely free to do chest.

Also, I have heard wild rumours that people who eat huge amounts of red meat don't have as tasteful cum... You know, gossips and what not.

I've been reliably informed that this is true. That was one awkward conversation at work and I'm prepared to take it as fact.

I'll be damned if LTEs don't render my arms pretty much useless for the following 2 or 3 days. Shit! Ever since I started doing them how Rip instructs the DOMs are intense. Behind your neck deep and throw them to the sky. Love it!

Yeah, that video made me appreciate LTEs

I feel you there kitty. They removed mine on Tuesday. I don't know how I managed to do full programme on the gym on Friday. Did they say you anything about working out?

What painkillers did they give you? Mine made me giggle constantly.

I'm taking oxycodon, makes me sleep like a baby. I could go tomorrow to the gym and kick ass but there is one socket that is giving me trouble and the asshole is swollen and does not want to heal. I think that's the one tooth they had to break in pieces to extract.

Anyway, impressive progress on your chin but you need to do more finger accessory work.your fingers are not swole yet.

have you been skipping finger day?? tsk tsk tsk.

LOL, I need to add that plus weighted pullups
with the weight hanging from my dick
for a full body workout!

Sadetar

I've been reliably informed that this is true. That was one awkward conversation at work and I'm prepared to take it as fact.
I am quite confident that it is true also... I can't really claim innosence here.

I'm taking oxycodon, makes me sleep like a baby. I could go tomorrow to the gym and kick ass but there is one socket that is giving me trouble and the asshole is swollen and does not want to heal. I think that's the one tooth they had to break in pieces to extract.
Ouch, poor babe. Mine healed miraculously fast if you ask me. The dentist was awesome and did absolutely marvellous job. I am sure you will be fine soon too. Just make sure not to get it open and bleeding again.

Oh and I just today understood that some people actually wear make up to the gym! How on earth they can do it... I mean I sweat like a pig and need to whipe my face and neck with a towel regularly and I can only imagine the make up being in every possible place where it shouldn't be.

So what are we saying here... that it tastes bad, or tastes less?

I know that eating certain foods can have a massive effect on it. Coffee and smoking too.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
And our sweet little PG fitness thread has turned into a discussion about different tastes of cum.

Just drink pineapple juice post workout and you'll be fine.

Hi.

At last I can look at myself at the mirror and see more muscle, still no abs ( and will probably never get them, i'm no ectomorph and I really hate diets), but at least my arms are bigger.

Is chest day once a week recommended?, my chest still looks like a thin teenager's. I can't improve at the bench press (I can only lift the heavy bar + 30 pounds, coach told me the single bar weighs about 40-45 pounds, so that would only be 70 pounds :( ), i'm thinking about doing it to twice per week and adding some dummbell flyes.

Can you do chest dips?

And our sweet little PG fitness thread has turned into a discussion about different tastes of cum.

Yepppp pineapples help a lot

sphinx

the piano man

Yepppp pineapples help a lot

I've heard this many times from different sources but I always wonder, how can anyone actually test the difference in taste??

cum is salty and it stinks no matter what and that's all there is to it, I am a bit skeptic about pineapples making it tasty all of a sudden.

but what do I know, lol

Nohar

I was about to post in this thread in order to ask questions and seek advices, but it seems the main subject has wandered off into something more... sticky.

ACE 1991

So does anyone know of any good hypertrophy 3 day/week program? I will only have access to a gym that is a 20 minute drive away this summer so I want to save on gas and time. In other news, I haven't been able to squat or deadlift for about a month now due to something fucked with my lower back; it seems i pull it very easily so I'm trying to stay off it. Seeing a chiropractor in a few weeks to have it all checked out. I've been making due by loading up plates on the leg press but of course it isn't the same.

Anyone?

Just a little update.

My little update comes in the form of a 6 lbs 11 oz baby boy.

I'm still going to take the rest of this week off, maybe more. If there was ever a good reason to take some time off from the gym, then spending time with my first child is definitely up there.

The kid's got a good grip. I've already started him on finger bench presses. I going to take my time and enjoy him as a tiny baby right now, but I'm already looking forward to him growing up. I'll get to play sports with him. I'll get him into fitness.

I don't want to put any pressure on him, but I expect him to surpass all my PRs. I look forward to getting swole with him.

I want it get to the point that after I dead and buried, my body's muscle memory will bench press its way from the grave to keep the schedule with my son at the gym.

I'll be bashing through the weights screaming "GAAAIIIIINNNNNSSSSS!!!!"

Then we'll truly be monsters. Well, at least I literally will be one.

If you guys can't tell, I'm pretty excited about being a daddy.

Congrats dood! I'm super happy for you!

Also, have you seen our new idol? Guy is a beast. You can be like him!

Taco Bell breakfast!!!

Got the crunch wrap, waffle taco and 12 French toast bites.

You look so damn happy lol.

This makes me want MTP or FallingEdge to have a son so we can see their son's bulk.

too easy eating brah

Shadybiz

Congrats Szu!

I went to Philly for a day out with a couple of friends that I haven't seen in awhile. One of them commented that he was pretty impressed with how much thicker I've gotten in the past year, so that felt pretty good.

I just had a whole rotisserie chicken and some broccoli for lunch. *Thickening intensifies*

Edit: Also I've been told that pineapple works.

SeanR1221

So I found a gym only 5 minutes from my gym that has elitefts equipment, farmers handles, stones, a prowler and even a yolk. Only 25.00 a month. I'm leaving my gym ASAP to go there no more mcdonalds colors! Or dirty looks when I deadlift.

Okay so I'm looking for advice regarding cardio, specifically treadmill running. Until I recently rejoined a gym, I was hopelessly unfit, so I started with this three weeks ago:

2 mins @ 8km/h
1 mins @ 9km/h
0.5 mins @ 10km/h

Last week I was at:
8 mins @ 8km/h
3 mins @ 9km/h
1.5 mins @ 10km/h

Now I've switched to:

5 mins @ 9km/h
3 mins @ 10km/h
1.5 mins @11km/h.

The issue is that as I've increased the time/distance, the interval between each stage has gone up to 3-4 mins at walking pace. So do you think I'd be okay pegging those speeds and time slots and work on decreasing the resting period, or should I keep aiming to move things up a notch at the same time?

In terms of goals, I'm just looking to run several hundred metres, maybe in the long run a few kms without keeling over, and without it affecting my aim of bulking over the summer.

grumble

Okay so I'm looking for advice regarding cardio, specifically treadmill running. Until I recently rejoined a gym, I was hopelessly unfit, so I started with this three weeks ago:

2 mins @ 8km/h
1 mins @ 9km/h
0.5 mins @ 10km/h

Last week I was at:
8 mins @ 8km/h
3 mins @ 9km/h
1.5 mins @ 10km/h

Now I've switched to:

5 mins @ 9km/h
3 mins @ 10km/h
1.5 mins @11km/h.

The issue is that as I've increased the time/distance, the interval between each stage has gone up to 3-4 mins at walking pace. So do you think I'd be okay pegging those speeds and time slots and work on decreasing the resting period, or should I keep aiming to move things up a notch at the same time?

In terms of goals, I'm just looking to run several hundred metres, maybe in the long run a few kms without keeling over, and without it affecting my aim of bulking over the summer.

If I were you I'd not bother with slowly upping the speed and changing times; I'd just linearly progress. You seem to be a novice runner, so why not just pick say 9km/h and every time you run increase your time by thirty seconds?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care what anyone says. Eating string cheese wrapped with deli ham is delicious.

Brother, hit some hard salami and pepper jack or spicy cheese.

Thank me later. I promise you, it's the breakfast of champions.

If I were you I'd not bother with slowly upping the speed and changing times; I'd just linearly progress. You seem to be a novice runner, so why not just pick say 9km/h and every time you run increase your time by thirty seconds?

The only thing with sticking to one speed is that I fear I might get bored with doing longer and longer runs. But I suppose that would be a few weeks off yet.

The only reason I was switching speeds was to do a watered down version of interval training, which I heard was decent at picking up one's stamina quickly. Not sure if there's much truth to that, but it's done me okay so far?

Sadetar

So what are we saying here... that it tastes bad, or tastes less?

I know that eating certain foods can have a massive effect on it. Coffee and smoking too.
It tastes worse, definitely not less. Someone mentioned pineapple juice and I try to remember that for future rendezvous.

Now I'm wondering if my cum is tasty.
I never saw this coming my entire life.
Don't you just love the intrawebsies?

I had to double check if I was in the right thread :lol
I know right... how on Earth did it go off-trail like that...
3hh.gif

I went to Philly for a day out with a couple of friends that I haven't seen in awhile. One of them commented that he was pretty impressed with how much thicker I've gotten in the past year, so that felt pretty good.
Congrats kitty. Oh, it feels so good when someone notices you have been actually working out. Attaboy!

Oh and talking about working out - this week was actually oh so much better than I ever expected. Even with the wisdom tooth removal I managed to go to gym twice, two days with jogging, pilates class plus 20 mins extra on crosstrainer on top of that. Thinking that my goal at the moment is to lose fat without losing muscles, this seems to be working out quite nicely.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
I have discovered this new Greek Yogourt concoction....Cherry Cheese Cake flavour.

It tastes worse, definitely not less. Someone mentioned pineapple juice and I try to remember that for future rendezvous.

Don't you just love the intrawebsies?

I know right... how on Earth did it go off-trail like that...
3hh.gif

Mmmm who is that?

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Oh my gods, I love Greek Yoghurts! I wish they would have them in different fancy flavours in here as well... When I was in UK I remember loving ginger and lemon ones. ^_^

That would be me.

Beautiful : )

I just checked the label and this flavour is only 150cal/125g. Even though it's very tasty the strawberry is 200cal/125g, so I'm going stick with plain old strawberry.

200cal loss on my greek yogourt is just not acceptable.

Sadetar

Beautiful : )

I just checked the label and this flavour is only 150cal/125g. Even though it's very tasty the strawberry is 200cal/125g, so I'm going stick with plain old strawberry.

200cal loss on my greek yogourt is just not acceptable.
Awwww, thank you. Very sweet of you to say so.

I am looking the calories with a totally different mindset - if I can easily get away with not eating 200 extra cals in a day, I will definitely do it. :p

Faiz

So after a week of lifting in the new basement weightroom everything was going fine.

Then today, working in the yard, I tripped dodging two large bumblees, bent my wrist backwards, and now sitting in the UCC waiting for a doctor.

Just when I was getting back into the swing....

Edit : thankfully no breaks. Dr said give it 48 hours. Hopefully be lifting again by the end of the week.

Smo21

I've lurked on and off for a while, first time poster! I'm looking for something similar to the beginners Full Body but I will only have access to the gym tuesday-friday. Any suggestions?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Here's my typical bowl of PB and strawberry jam with a side of milk. As requested by Soka. Yum!

20140503_224849.jpg

Imm0rt4l

That gif is a reminder of why youtube needs infinite elgintensity. Shame they closed his account down, but he's back with a vengeance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom