• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilaul

tumblr_n2at73cqzc1qbhetko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2at73cqzc1qbhetko1_1280.jpg

What the hell is this?

Great job, there, man. That's impressive.

Impressive. That's a decent chunk of weight.

Highluxury you got it! The road to muscle success is paved with suffering and weakness, and you're conquering it brother!

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

But you know what's even greater? Being capable of lifting 52,5 Kg on the OHP when I weighed 87 AND currently 73. Gainz are remaining.

I think It's about time I buy a belt though. The higher in weight I get, the more necessary safety becomes.

What happens when you try to bench 760lbs.*

with bad form

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
My knee is so fucked from doing flooring for the past three months, urgh. Still got 365 5x8 beltless and deep though.

Might take a week+ off from squats and see how it feels after that... just as I was getting my strenf back

:'(

Arthos

Week 2 at the Gym - Done. Leg day is fun but not so much two days later.

I feel like there are some days that I'm not really eating enough protein in relation to my weight so I consume protein bars. Are there any that you guys recommend? I've been trying the GNC Protein Bar Deluxe, as well as the Quest Bars, to reach my daily goal (GNC ones usually when it's a busy day and I need more calories+protein for the day).

Anyway, it's been a fun two weeks so far. I seriously need to fix my form though (cable workouts, especially). It's at the very least a lot more fun than cardio, although I did enjoy doing Insanity and T25.

Edit: Before anyone asks, yeah, I take Whey twice a day. I'm not entirely sure which is recommended (I've been using Syntha-6), but I'll check the first post for that. Didn't see anything about the bars there, though.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
This article (or rather series of articles) suggests that BIA is so inaccurate that you might as well not bother with anything more than every few months.

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=218

Well worth a read. I'd actually love to get a 4C test done one day, just for the hell of it.

I can't remember the last time I've done one, I don't see the point, I just thought It'd be good to maybe stop him doing one everyday and worrying aha

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
That's why I cap my bench at 715. I'm surprised he didn't know this.

Solid hi rep DL day. Upped my last 2 sets.

15x225
12x275
10x315
8x345
6x385

blackflag

This article (or rather series of articles) suggests that BIA is so inaccurate that you might as well not bother with anything more than every few months.

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=218

Well worth a read. I'd actually love to get a 4C test done one day, just for the hell of it.

That article is correct. I have one bia that says i'm 36% bf and one that says I'm over 20.

....Yet I have striations coming in on my shoulders, and a lot of vascularity and I'm in actuality like 14% right now.

Bodpod isn't too expensive if you NEED to know and there's one near you.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Let me get it straight; for the anabolic effect on keto diet I eat.. 15 carbs before and after the workout?

Definitely not before. That would be dumb.

A mere 15g afterwards probably won't do much, either. If you're going to carb reefed and want the beneficial growth effects of insulin, definitely go a lot harder on the carbs *post* intense workout.

Hey guys,

I finally lost 15 kg / 33 lbs and weight 101 kg / 222 lbs after 6 months of exercising. I am stronger, faster and more handsome now, but the last exercising days were really hard.
After a leg day I hurted my lower back and the pain isn't still gone after 2 weeks. Appointment with the orthopedist is at the coming wednesday.

However, I continued to train without stressing my lower back, at least up till now, because I had my first accident at the bench with the barbell yesterday. I wanted to make another push after a new raise of weights and well the barbell wouldn't move anymore. Therefore i tried to get the barbell over my head and it worked out, even though my right eyebrow is a little bit swollen now.

I think I'll make a break for a week now.

That (burst blood vessel / torn muscle?) image is horrible. Makes me feel slightly sick.

Bodpod isn't too expensive if you NEED to know and there's one near you.

There's an entry in that series for bodpod, and whilst it's significantly better than BIA, it's also not massively accurate on its own.

Sadetar

Hey guys,

I finally lost 15 kg / 33 lbs and weight 101 kg / 222 lbs after 6 months of exercising. I am stronger, faster and more handsome now, but the last exercising days were really hard.
After a leg day I hurted my lower back and the pain isn't still gone after 2 weeks. Appointment with the orthopedist is at the coming wednesday.

However, I continued to train without stressing my lower back, at least up till now, because I had my first accident at the bench with the barbell yesterday. I wanted to make another push after a new raise of weights and well the barbell wouldn't move anymore. Therefore i tried to get the barbell over my head and it worked out, even though my right eyebrow is a little bit swollen now.

I think I'll make a break for a week now.
Damn... everybody in here makes losing 15 kg / 33 lbs sound so easy.

I so know it isn't so good for you. Absolutely splendid work!

My lower back is totally shitty atm. Good that you are taking a break till you know what the orhopedist will say. Better not make it worse.

sphinx

the piano man
that pic at the beginning of the page, with the torn pec...

what exactly am I looking at? what happened? it seems like blood spread all over the chest from within.. ??

and why the fuck is he smiling casually?

Szu

that pic at the beginning of the thread, with the torn pec...

what exactly am I looking at? what happened? it seems like blood spread all over the chest from within.. ??

and why the fuck is he smiling casually?

Check out the video that I linked from a few posts above your post.

sphinx

the piano man
Check out the video that I linked from a few posts above your post.

thanks Szu, but nope :) lol

I am pussy for fitness accidents and things gone wrong with the barbell.

it took me a while to "unsee" the crossfit girl deadlifting with the high heels...

Szu

thanks Szu, but nope :) lol

I am pussy for fitness accidents and things gone wrong with the barbell.

it took me a while to "unsee" the crossfit girl deadlifting with the high heels...

OK, then I'll answer your questions. He tore his left pec muscle while attepting to bench press 716.5 lbs. The large bruise is cause by the internal bleeding from the tear.

As for why he's smiling, he's probably proud of his effort. It's also possible he's just a bit light-headed from lack of blood to his brain.

Damn... everybody in here makes losing 15 kg / 33 lbs sound so easy.

I so know it isn't so good for you. Absolutely splendid work!

My lower back is totally shitty atm. Good that you are taking a break till you know what the orhopedist will say. Better not make it worse.

Thank you.

I know that many people say the same, but it was quite easy to burn the fat (retrospectively).
The discipline is truly everything and I had no weight loss for 2 months, because my work at the uni was too much.
My weight loss graph till today.
screenshot2014-05-10ab8lnb.png

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Think my yoke is coming along nicely. Here's a pic of me and my son from vacation. Also, only seem to have lost about 5-10% of my maximal strength while taking the week off.

1187078_10203917126999516_7806562626870550596_n.jpg

Sadetar

Thank you.

I know that many people say the same, but it was quite easy to burn the fat (retrospectively).
The discipline is truly everything and I had no weight loss for 2 months, because my work at the uni was too much.
That is a nice line in there. :p Again, amazing work.

Well, I have my master's degree studies and a job and my freelance stuff at the same time... I know those are no excuse, but for example this month I am working basicly 6 days a week and same time trying to write the disposition for the graduating thesis. Ah, life will be so much easier during summer when I have only one full-time job.

Oh and Brolic, looking good honey.

Had my first cheat day, today, in over 12+ months of strictly clean dieting. Feels odd allowing myself to side-step for once.

Chocolate. Chocolate everywhere.

Thank you.

Thats pretty awesome yo! Major, major props.

Darn you for being 2 lbs ahead!

It's insane how much better my body feels after the gym sometimes. Last week my hip was bothering me all day. Knocked out some deadlifts and BOOM hip feels good as new. A few days ago I started my second job as a physical therapist tech and so it was the first time in a while where I was on my feet all day walking around. When I was done I had this pain in my lower back that wrapped all the way around my core area. Was worried about going to the gym with that but once I was done with some squats in took care of all the pain.

Szu

Think my yoke is coming along nicely. Here's a pic of me and my son from vacation. Also, only seem to have lost about 5-10% of my maximal strength while taking the week off.

1187078_10203917126999516_7806562626870550596_n.jpg

I approve of this new Fitgaf trend to include our kids. Though, it's nothing new. I recall Cranky and Cooter sneaking in a few pics of their kids.

Brolic, you got a nice happy kid there.

Honestly Im not sure if it would be considered a good initiative. It was relatively a clean diet. Why would it be bad?

I don't have the articles to hand on the subject, but it's mostly related to leptin levels, hormones and your metabolism. Only talking about a diet where you're in deficit long term though, not eating clean and bulking for instance.

I've done it both ways, had far better results with the odd cheat day though (feels massively counter-intuitive, but it worked).

That's why I cap my bench at 715. I'm surprised he didn't know this.

Solid hi rep DL day. Upped my last 2 sets.

15x225
12x275
10x315
8x345
6x385

Oh. These were deads. I thought you did squats! Well I did this workout but with squats instead lol. Except is was 5x385.

Veezy

que?
It's insane how much better my body feels after the gym sometimes. Last week my hip was bothering me all day. Knocked out some deadlifts and BOOM hip feels good as new. A few days ago I started my second job as a physical therapist tech and so it was the first time in a while where I was on my feet all day walking around. When I was done I had this pain in my lower back that wrapped all the way around my core area. Was worried about going to the gym with that but once I was done with some squats in took care of all the pain.

Little tip for all you heavy deadlifters and squatters.

So, we know that we want the bar to be square above center foot and we want our heels and toes to line up, correct?

But, something of a imbalance that people get overtime is the hip becomes slightly out of key. Those of you with good biomechanics can probably rotate your hip while keeping your shoulders and feet solid on the ground. So, how do we make sure that the hips are inline with our toes and the bar?

Right before you lift, squeeze your glutes. This will force your hips straight and then guarantee that as your descend/lift up everything is in a perfect straight line and we aren't applying any additional sheer to the knee.

Make sure you do this in yoga pants and eyeball the nearest gentlemen. You must assert your alpha to lift as properly as you can.

siddhu33

How do you control weight gain in exam season? Honestly...

I feel terrible with myself...felt bad about not revising as hard as I should have, so tried to get some work done. Did that, but ended up eating junk for lunch and dinner today.

Might do some penance cardio to mitigate the damage...

Veezy

que?

I feel terrible with myself...felt bad about not revising as hard as I should have, so tried to get some work done. Did that, but ended up eating junk for lunch and dinner today.

You don't eat shit.

You buy ONLY cans of chicken, steel cut oats, stevia, and almonds. That is your diet. It is cheep and won't make you a fat ass. If you need flavoring for the canned chicken, mustard is a good solution.

Is it miserable? Yes.

Will you hate yourself? Probably.

Will you get fat? No.

Also, no more beer. Straight liquor.

Canned chicken? What madness is this? Fresh chicken or nothing.

Unrelated, what's a steel cut oat?

Finally... it's quite possible to drink beer and not put on any weight. Just don't sink 10 bottles worth.

siddhu33

You don't eat shit.

You buy ONLY cans of chicken, steel cut oats, stevia, and almonds. That is your diet. It is cheep and won't make you a fat ass. If you need flavoring for the canned chicken, mustard is a good solution.

Is it miserable? Yes.

Will you hate yourself? Probably.

Will you get fat? No.

Also, no more beer. Straight liquor.

Don't really drink beer nowadays, so that's covered...but man, the rest of it sounds grim. What's stevia? A sweetener? And can I use fresh chicken?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Strong discipline will help with both as well, see Veezy's post for the TRUTH.

Get ahold of your fuel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom