• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadetar

HRT is always a solid way to go.

It's really silly how steroids/test is regulated. Like, I can't outright buy it. However, being 29, I could hit up a hormone clinic, give the song and dance about libido and feeling tired, and get one some stuff. I know a guy at the gym who, literally, did just that.
I have this very interesting mental image of that "song and dance about libido" in my head... I am also giggling like a little girl at the moment. Great time to do that and wonder in here, when after around 10 hours we should be going through my paper (that I haven't yet even started) in the seminar. Anything else seems extremely entertaining compared to writing it and I am doing as much as humanly possible to postpone starting doing it.

Christopher

I've only been doing chest and arms for 3 weeks and my arms are freaking huge now. I know I should do legs and shoulders but I'm barely bothered now.

Sadetar

I've only been doing chest and arms for 3 weeks and my arms are freaking huge now. I know I should do legs and shoulders but I'm barely bothered now.

people-who-prove-you-should-never-skip-leg-day-26.gif

I've got to get something along those lines to use for my (dumbbell) calf raises. Really struggling to hold the weights I'm using now, have to take quick breaks with them.

Veezy

que?
I find straps get a really bad rap for no good reason. Nobody should dump lifting with just hands only, but straps will definitely help you get extra weight on things you need to grab that aren't pure grip work.

I'm always supportive of using them, but YMMV.

blackflag

I find straps get a really bad rap for no good reason. Nobody should dump lifting with just hands only, but straps will definitely help you get extra weight on things you need to grab that aren't pure grip work.

I'm always supportive of using them, but YMMV.

Me too. I deadlift first on back day without them. Then after that my grip is shot so I just use them on rows and pulldowns and all that shit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I once saw somebody doing farmers walks using straps.

I literally stood, mouth agape, watching while they were doing them and just repeatedly blinked, as if to wash the image from my eyes.

Actually, if you're doing high volume of them, or following deadlift training using straps is just fine. Farmer walks work far more than just grip. And letting a failing grip hold you back on farmer walks would be a mistake.

My gym bought replacement 85s/95s from a completely different brand of weights as the other DBs. It's annoying because my hands seem to sweat more with the newer ones and I really don't want to have chalk for 1 thing, I hate the feeling of it. Just a minor gripe though.

However what really pissed me the fuck off this morning, was this guy completely invading my personal space. He was pretty much on top of me during tricep extensions, and while I was doing pushups in my lonesome in a corner of the gym, he walked by and nearly kicked my head! I yelled at him, finished my set then sprung up to find him, but he was already out of the gym.

I have zero tolerance for that kind of shit and it is pretty much the only way to piss me off period. I'm already getting angry again thinking about it, lol.

are you an alt account for this guy?

I've been working out for a couple years very lightly with no clear goal, but this January I decided I wanted to get big. So I tried.. And now my arms look huge and my chest is huge. My back is beautiful buuuutttt I still got a little of abelly going on.

Soooooooo I haven't done a weighted squat in about three years.

Veezy

que?
Actually, if you're doing high volume of them, or following deadlift training using straps is just fine. Farmer walks work far more than just grip. And letting a failing grip hold you back on farmer walks would be a mistake.

This is true. Although I'm quite confident the 40# weight wasn't exactly breaking the grip.

You have to understand, this guy wears gloves and straps with everything. Straps for bench, hell he wraps them around the handle for calf raises. And he Crossfits.

Versa Gripps. I assume you can get them in the UK.

While I just use plain regular straps, Versa Gripps are AMAZING.

J. Bravo

Tried that routine by veezy. Hella volume lmao. Incline db bench was shitty. My chest was fried. And now my back is as well. Love it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So it's really minor but I've had this sort of minor tightness around the top of my shoulder closer to the neck past the joint line. It goes down into my back, I think just under my shoulder bladeish area. Anybody got some thoughts?

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Have been taking 6g creatine (kre-alkalyn) on lifting days and 3g on off days, see if this has any effect on me after a month or so. When I hit 210 I will begin start taking some peptides, probably cut on 4,500 cals.

Sitting around 205-6lbs the last few days.

Straps, brah.

I've tried straps on DBs and it's not comfortable, I have wide 2" straps, I typically only use them on snatch grip DL or RDLs. My 18" long 1"standard DBs are the shit, might just do all my DB work at home, so much better.

Sadetar

This my girl. She makin me proud.

Here we are together at the awesome birthday surprise she threw me.
Awwwwwwwwwww! ^_^

Both of you are looking absolutely smashing!

Have been taking 6g creatine (kre-alkalyn) on lifting days and 3g on off days, see if this has any effect on me after a month or so. When I hit 210 I will begin start taking some peptides, probably cut on 4,500 cals.

Darling, you are the beast.

My gym bought replacement 85s/95s from a completely different brand of weights as the other DBs. It's annoying because my hands seem to sweat more with the newer ones and I really don't want to have chalk for 1 thing, I hate the feeling of it. Just a minor gripe though.

However what really pissed me the fuck off this morning, was this guy completely invading my personal space. He was pretty much on top of me during tricep extensions, and while I was doing pushups in my lonesome in a corner of the gym, he walked by and nearly kicked my head! I yelled at him, finished my set then sprung up to find him, but he was already out of the gym.

I have zero tolerance for that kind of shit and it is pretty much the only way to piss me off period. I'm already getting angry again thinking about it, lol.
I also hate people coming too close at the gym when there is absolutely no need to do so. I was doing squads in one corner being totally happy and actually concentrading on what I was doing. This idiot decided that he needed to stretch his legs and what not and seriously came laying basicly partly under me. His head was quite much under my butt. If I could have farted, I so would have done it. I actually haven't done squads after that stupid incident but have been just doing them in the machine. I might start doing them again now when I am in a differeng gym for the summer though. I so should.

blackflag

I've tried straps on DBs and it's not comfortable, I have wide 2" straps, I typically only use them on snatch grip DL or RDLs. My 18" long 1"standard DBs are the shit, might just do all my DB work at home, so much better.

You look way bigger than 210. I'm 260 and I think you look bigger than me.

blackflag

Your chest aesthetics are sick. I'm jelly

MrToughPants

You look way bigger than 210. I'm 260 and I think you look bigger than me.

Your chest aesthetics are sick. I'm jelly

I'm a midget at 5'9.5" but thanks for the comments : )

I haven't trained chest much lately, this shoulder rehab seems to be helping. I've done face pulls and rear delt cable extensions 3 days in a row now and I already feel a difference. I'm gonna keep doing them haha.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I haven't trained chest much lately, this shoulder rehab seems to be helping. I've done face pulls and rear delt cable extensions 3 days in a row now and I already feel a difference. I'm gonna keep doing them haha.

Midget? Sounds like what most consider ideal height! Can you explain the shoulder issues you were having? It's funny pretty much everyone I know who lifts has shoulder pain that comes and goes, I go through waves.

blackflag

I'm doing the same thing. My shoulders are on fire. facepulls definitely seem to help. I've been voodoo flossing them too and that seems to work in loosening everything up and getting the blood flowing.

MrToughPants

Midget? Sounds like what most consider ideal height! Can you explain the shoulder issues you were having? It's funny pretty much everyone I know who lifts has shoulder pain that comes and goes, I go through waves.

I was half joking. Not tall, not short just...

Some RC issues which have been going away recently, no more overhead tasks at work is a huge reason.

A midget?

I am quite exactly 5 feet and 6 inches (168 cm). You are a quite big boy compared to me.

But I'm not as pretty.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I was half joking. Not tall, not short just...

Some RC issues which have been going away recently, no more overhead tasks at work is a huge reason.

But I'm not as pretty.

I just did a little research sounds like I have a shortened pectoralis minor, any suggestions?

blackflag

Could you explain what you experienced?

Felt like I ripped my shoulder out of it's socket. I was actually doing curs. I do have sensitive joints so it's not the first time and both my wrists are jacked pretty bad right now. I can't even curl a straight bar but I work through it.

So anyway my shoulders feel fine when I'm out and about but in the gym after chest day, shoulder day, and arm day they hurt very bad and sometimes it's kind of like a burning pain.

MrToughPants

I just did a little research sounds like I have a shortened pectoralis minor, any suggestions?

I'll be honest, I have no idea how to remedy that.

Best to consult a professional or google fu that stuff and find a proper solution from a good source.

Nonsense.

Even though I like your delusional way of thinking. I might need to reconsider posting anything to the upcoming epic cut-thread - I don't want to burst your bubble.

I like my women on the thick side.

So yes IMO you are much prettier as I have seen your pics ; )

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I've gotta say, I'm enjoying the flirting going on between two particular individuals. Adds a little something to this thread that we haven't had in the past. :)

Sadetar

I like my women on the thick side.

So yes IMO you are much prettier as I have seen your pics ; )
Do you live under my bed and take candid shots when I am sleeping? Do you have a hidden camera in my shower? Are you paying to some random gentleman to record me on the streets?

Should I be worried? :p

I've gotta say, I'm enjoying the flirting going on between two particular individuals. Adds a little something to this thread that we haven't had in the past. :)

If I were a gay man (or a straight woman) I'd dip my balls (or clit) into salt water and drag them (or it) through five miles of broken glass just to lick your arms, Cooter.

I'm not very good at this flirting shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom