• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't get peaks worth a goddamn shit either. Thankfully my tris are like bigass snakes wrapping around my arms though, makes me happy - but I want them peaks!

Irobot82

I can't get peaks worth a goddamn shit either. Thankfully my tris are like bigass snakes wrapping around my arms though, makes me happy - but I want them peaks!

Potential broscience incoming: Isn't peaks made from your short head biceps (inner biceps), So doing narrow grip barbell curls and stuff might help with that?

Potential broscience incoming: Isn't peaks made from your short head biceps (inner biceps), So doing narrow grip barbell curls and stuff might help with that?

Part genetics but also the type of training. I think for me to get peaks, I need to do the stuff you mentioned. Just a crap ton of bicep work, high volume, low rest period. Arms twice a week. That type of stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck y'all with peaks. I'm gonna stick with my pythons, BROTHERRRR

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
*fist bump*

Macho Man didn't have any peaks! And he has one of the best physiques!

iH5bUAkFtbdaa.gif

Veezy

que?
Hour and a half long Skype conference call on sales techniques with the whole PT department in the company. Shoot me in the damn face.

Meanwhile, because we haven't paid our bills, my equipment I need for the gym hasn't came in yet.

I've always had very rounded biceps and I hit them pretty crazy, this is as close to a peak as I get.

0eFeqqZ.jpg

Hu1uHpV.jpg

And if I get even a tiny bit of fat on them, it's even worse.

Matugi

I think the roundness is a function of arm length. Mine are round and I have very short arms, so while that's good for bench press it's not good for aesthetics.

siddhu33

What's a good timeframe after you go to the gym before you hit the gym again? Is it just whenever you're ready, or is there a good rule of thumb for this? Speaking of roundness, I don't get very pointy peaks, more like the cylinder that is my bicep just gets slightly more defined...oh well, more work required, I guess!

mirin at all these pics.

i really need to get my shit in gear; i want to start leaning out. diet has never really been a focus for me, but it's time to start. i'll probably add a cardio day (45 minutes of drills and shooting jumpers) at the gym now too.

generally speaking, i would really need to track my food and weigh portions eh? like, there's no lazy way to go about it i'm assuming.

Pete Rock

generally speaking, i would really need to track my food and weigh portions eh? like, there's no lazy way to go about it i'm assuming.
In my opinion the solution becomes a lot more clear when you outline your macros and calorie goals and fill in the food later.

If you start by saying "well I don't even know the split of this highly variable and random combination of items (ie hamburger)" and your current schedule also randomly includes/allows them at odd times, then it is always going to seem inscrutable and ridiculous.

But yeah, first step is breaking out the spreadsheet.

Darth lookin' wuf as ever, oh my!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Considering a fitness channel of my own where I review bulking meals

What a horrible idea as I'm cutting! But youtube.com/bulkbrahs is open and I might just...take it

Sadetar

You're assuming correct :)
Duly noted. :D I think you are most likely the second Finn I have encountered in here.

^ Thanks but as mentioned, so much more work to go. I'm getting closer and closer to my end game though.

I need to do a crap ton more core work. I need big man abs. Abs that pop even when not that lean.
You look perfectly fine as you are. Silly. You should be happy what you have already achieved.

Hey now! Be nice.

7fef1615-c9d9-427a-b97c-757af7283620.jpg
Very nice, very nice indeed. ;p

sphinx

the piano man

I am exactly the opposite, I am starting to see some nice form on my biceps but my tris are absolute crap, they grow at the pace of calves.... meaning, they just don't. lol I'll have to do something about it and hit them harder

J. Bravo

now that i have muscles whenever i buy new clothes i gotta make sure they show them off because i'm a vein self loving fucker :D

fitted v necks my man.

one of these days i'll take a swelfie. if i ever lift late at night and no one else is in the locker room lol.

edit: and veezy, wtf man. my chest hurts so fucking bad today. doing legs will be fun assuming i get to the gym today.

ILoveBish

I am exactly the opposite, I am starting to see some nice form on my biceps but my tris are absolute crap, they grow at the pace of calves.... meaning, they just don't. lol I'll have to do something about it and hit them harder

Mine were the same and now they are getting pretty big. Just have to hit them hard and for a while.

sphinx

the piano man
Mine were the same and now they are getting pretty big. Just have to hit them hard and for a while.

you know I am amazed at the kind of beating our arms can take.

Going from, say, a deadlift as a main compound followed by 3 or 4 accesory exercises for back, you can go straight from there into some isolation arm shit and still have it in you to curl for many reps, in many variations AND get a pump while you're at it.

Veezy

que?
fitted v necks my man.

one of these days i'll take a swelfie. if i ever lift late at night and no one else is in the locker room lol.

edit: and veezy, wtf man. my chest hurts so fucking bad today. doing legs will be fun assuming i get to the gym today.

Veezy F Baby does not fuck around when it comes to volume.

Good luck walking tomorrow, brah. Luckily, you don't need to stand much for arm day.

Matugi

Had to get a suit today. I know nothing about suits but I had to get an athletic fit one and the actual size is probably for someone who's about 5 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier than me, but I have such broad shoulders it's the smallest that would fit lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anti-bodybuilder. Yeah, that's about right. Aesthetics mean next to nothin to me, but there is most definitely a place for BB style training even in my program.

You showing dem ass peaks brah

Lol. Looks like Christmas hams stuffed in my shorts.

Sick, I got 405 atg last week gonna try for 2 tomorrow. If I'm brave.

Try not, do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

You've got this brah.

Sounds like an idiot who got his pointers from stronglifts. Others in FitGAF know my opinion of the gentlemen that "created" the Stronglift "program," so I won't rehash it.

Powerlifters who squat and pull 700+lbs use a belt. Rip says to use a belt. There are multiple pictures of Dmitry Klokov training using a belt. Justin Lascek uses a belt. Johnny Pain's clients use belts. Jim Wendler uses a belt. My clients when doing 5s, 3s, and 1RMs use belts. I use a belt. My trainers who compete in powerlifting, you guessed it, use belts.

Belts that are worn properly done with lifts using proper form provide additional abdominal strength and make your core stronger. They "objectively" are a good thing. Dude at them gym is an idiot. Don't sweat it.

Link?

I just started Stronglifts, do you not think it's a good program?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Had to get a suit today. I know nothing about suits but I had to get an athletic fit one and the actual size is probably for someone who's about 5 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier than me, but I have such broad shoulders it's the smallest that would fit lol

Did you look into choppa suits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom