• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you hit Ghengis can you bring one of those meat pressers and just squish your food

Veezy

que?
If you hit Ghengis can you bring one of those meat pressers and just squish your food

I have, no joke, brought plastic gloves for the purpose of squishing the meat down. Once I got so much in the little metal bowl that I got two plastic bowls of stuff.

That same day a 16 year old that I saw at the gym who I gave some tips to was there behind the stocking counter. I said "remember how I told you that you need to eat to grow?"

I stared at him in the face as I pushed the dead animal parts into the bowl, forming the pile into its shape. I'm the adult here, so I couldn't stop till he got the picture. After heaping the pile together I added my 10 scoops of seasoning and plopped the eggs inside the corpse pile. I got my multiple bowls of sauce, placed my kill on the counter, and asked for brown rice.

As I took off the gloves, I leaned close and spoke.

"Now you know what a god damn meal looks like."

The rest is a blur of Sriracha sauce and sake.

Not sure if that answered your question.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have, no joke, brought plastic gloves for the purpose of squishing the meat down. Once I got so much in the little metal bowl that I got two plastic bowls of stuff.

That same day a 16 year old that I saw at the gym who I gave some tips to was there behind the stocking counter. I said "remember how I told you that you need to eat to grow?"

I stared at him in the face as I pushed the dead animal parts into the bowl, forming the pile into its shape. I'm the adult here, so I couldn't stop till he got the picture. After heaping the pile together I added my 10 scoops of seasoning and plopped the eggs inside the corpse pile. I got my multiple bowls of sauce, placed my kill on the counter, and asked for brown rice.

As I took off the gloves, I leaned close and spoke.

"Now you know what a god damn meal looks like."

The rest is a blur of Sriracha sauce and sake.

Not sure if that answered your question.

Sounds like a yes, I am a grown ass man as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So ready to cut, SERIOUS cut once this move is done. I could theoretically do it now but it'd be super inconvenient. Best to start in earnest when I can go balls out.

sphinx

the piano man
So ready to cut, SERIOUS cut once this move is done. I could theoretically do it now but it'd be super inconvenient. Best to start in earnest when I can go balls out.

what's the current weight and how much would you like to lose?

after months of not knowing what the fuck I should do, I decided to... eat well and lift, lol. and I think I've been doing better, I like more how I look than 2 months ago. I don't feel like I have reached an extreme that warrants a serious cut or bulk, I realized,

Veezy

que?
So how are people cutting generally? Doing their usual routines with a calorie deficit / a bit of HIIT thrown in?

10-12 kCals x LBM

50% from Protein
20% from Carbs
30% from Fat

Eat hella clean, No drinking. No extra HIIT or Cardio. 5-6 Meals a day, no carbs after Noon, catch up on all my fat on the 5th mean of the day.

10-12 kCals x LBM

50% from Protein
20% from Carbs
30% from Fat

Eat hella clean, No drinking. No extra HIIT or Cardio. 5-6 Meals a day, no carbs after Noon, catch up on all my fat on the 5th mean of the day.

Hmm... this is another noob™ question (I'm sorry), but how do you ensure you're getting 50% protein, 20% carbs, etc when cooking your own meals with raw ingredients? As in there's no Nutrition Label.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
So how are people cutting generally? Doing their usual routines with a calorie deficit / a bit of HIIT thrown in?
Same training but eating between 2000-2300. I have no desire to go in single digits so it's not very tough to tell you the truth.

blackflag

People do it different ways.

I do it like this:

Monday 300G carbs Chest day
Tuesday 200G carbs Back day
Wednesday 100G carbs Shoulders
Thursday 300G carbs Leg day
Friday 100G carbs arm day
Saturday 50G carbs rest day High fat
Sunday 0G carbs rest day high fat

Protein for me stays at like 250 every day. Fat is higher on the lower carb days with hardly any at all on the 300g and 200g days.

Clean carbs, ezekiel bread, brown rice, black beans, sweet potatoes

I lose at least 2 lbs on this per week without cardio.

Obviously I'm 260 lbs so if you weigh a lot less you need to eat alot less but this averages 2,500 cal per day with like 2,700 on 300g days and 2100 on 0 carb days.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Went up to an easy 455 on snatch grip DLs with perfect arch, could have done 500, maybe next time. Did bunch of singles over 405 and 315x8, since the knee is fucked this will keep the legs strong. I do them with my hips low like a full squat and keep my arch, eliminates my lowerback. Felt pretty good even after doing flooring all week which fries my back. Face pulls right after felt amazing!

I lose at least 2 lbs on this per week without cardio.

I must say that I get VERY nervous when I'm losing weight. I usually aim to hit about half a kg (~1.1lb) a week but sometimes it goes anywhere up to 1kg and I become quite concerned that I'm going to lose all my gains(z).

grumble

To cut just eat 50% protein, 30% fat and 20% carbs. Lift heavy and do just a bit of cardio, like 12 minutes of hiit twice a week. Drink water, sleep and chill.

blackflag

I must say that I get VERY nervous when I'm losing weight. I usually aim to hit about half a kg (~1.1lb) a week but sometimes it goes anywhere up to 1kg and I become quite concerned that I'm going to lose all my gains(z).

I've always heard you are safe up to 2 lbs per week. I'm on TRT so I think that helps me keep my gains. I lost 1 rep at 315 on bench after dropping 25 lbs.

grumble

Stronglifts, referred from here out as SL, just isn't my cup of tea. Beginners, real straight gym novices, do not need 5x5. Also, since it's 5x5, adding in accessory exercises is really difficult. It's not terrible, I've just had way more success having somebody do a GSLP template than 5x5 due to the boredom and the volume.

Your best real bet if you're transitioning from SS is to dive into one of the more best mode templates of GSLP. For example:

Greyskull LP with Greyskull Gladiator “Linebacker” Focus

Monday
AM: Fasted walking (20-30 min)
Throughout day: Frequency Method Push-ups and Chins
Burpee workout (VC 1)
PM: Weight training
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Weighted chins 2 x 6-8
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Neck harness 4 x 25

Tuesday
Burpee workout (VC 1)

Wednesday
Burpee workout (VC 1)
Bench press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
EZ curl bar curl 2 x 10-15
Deadlift 5+
Neck harness 4 x 25
High intensity conditioning session

Thursday
Burpee workout (VC 1)

Friday
Burpee workout (VC 1)
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Weighted chins 2 x 6-8
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+

Saturday
Burpee workout (VC 1)
High intensity conditioning session

This will make you strong, fast, and you will look like you can handle yourself in a fight. If you're not up to this level, that's fine, drop the high intensity and burpee work.

What do you think of the new starting strength personal training article?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
what's the current weight and how much would you like to lose?

after months of not knowing what the fuck I should do, I decided to... eat well and lift, lol. and I think I've been doing better, I like more how I look than 2 months ago. I don't feel like I have reached an extreme that warrants a serious cut or bulk, I realized,

Ballooned to 280 (6'7") - was at approx 260 6 months ago. Ready to drop it, to hit 250. That should be lean as fuck at 6'7"

You've already got your macros planned out?

Yep, I've done calculations and got my scales ready.

Chocobro

Not sure how to feel about my deadlifts today. They didn't look as good as I wanted them to. Maybe you guys can post your opinions: Video. Warning, decrease your volume because some guy turned up the speaker volume midway during my DLs.

I've always heard you are safe up to 2 lbs per week. I'm on TRT so I think that helps me keep my gains. I lost 1 rep at 315 on bench after dropping 25 lbs.

2 lbs a week (or any number) is arbitrary; it depends a lot on the body composition and overall weight of the individual. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just want to throw this out there in case some 145 lbs, 5'5", 11% body fat guy comes in here and tries to aim for 2 lbs a week.

blackflag

2 lbs a week (or any number) is arbitrary; it depends a lot on the body composition and overall weight of the individual. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just want to throw this out there in case some 145 lbs, 5'5", 11% body fat guy comes in here and tries to aim for 2 lbs a week.

Yeah I agree with that actually.

Fuzzery

I'm TELLIN YOU.

nqG2MAT.jpg

These pics always make me think, if they faced each other and tried to shove each other back, who'd be stronger?

Sounds like an idiot who got his pointers from stronglifts. Others in FitGAF know my opinion of the gentlemen that "created" the Stronglift "program," so I won't rehash it.

Powerlifters who squat and pull 700+lbs use a belt. Rip says to use a belt. There are multiple pictures of Dmitry Klokov training using a belt. Justin Lascek uses a belt. Johnny Pain's clients use belts. Jim Wendler uses a belt. My clients when doing 5s, 3s, and 1RMs use belts. I use a belt. My trainers who compete in powerlifting, you guessed it, use belts.

Belts that are worn properly done with lifts using proper form provide additional abdominal strength and make your core stronger. They "objectively" are a good thing. Dude at them gym is an idiot. Don't sweat it.

Mahdi uses a belt.

Irobot82

Not sure how to feel about my deadlifts today. They didn't look as good as I wanted them to. Maybe you guys can post your opinions: Video. Warning, decrease your volume because some guy turned up the speaker volume midway during my DLs.

To me it looks like you aren't setting correctly, you ass is too high in the air right? So when you are raising up you look very hunched over so your angle is lifting with your lower back as a lever instead of your upper body raising with the bar. If that makes any sense at all. So just before you lift push the bar into your shins and lift your chest up more.

I love using Mike Tuschscherer as a reference. He's amazing

Mental Queue's

Nelo Ice

Banned
So besides OHP and Bench which have always been the weakest of my compound lifts, I think adding in some accessory work and doing a 3 day routine that's based on how Greyskull/SS work is working for me. Besides OHP, I've gone up in weight every week. Bench is at 145 lbs again, Squat is at 230 lbs, and my DL PRs have been shattered since I"m currently up to 285 lbs now.

Veezy

que?
Hmm... this is another noob™ question (I'm sorry), but how do you ensure you're getting 50% protein, 20% carbs, etc when cooking your own meals with raw ingredients? As in there's no Nutrition Label.
Scale + Google. I wish I could give you more than that.

Generally if you're 5% or so off, you'll do fine. That's why I like to give myself a 10-12 kCal window, aim low, and assume that I'm going to eat more than that. That way, I know I'm not too high on anything, know that I'm on a caloric deficit, and know that I'll be above the mark on everything.

What do you think of the new starting strength personal training article?

It's real good The thing is, that works in a more barbell centric envrionment. In a globo gym it works like:

4 weeks SS with some bull shit
6 weeks GLSP as they'll enjoy the mix up and it's designed to have additives
8 weeks GSLP plus extra bull shit added because god damnit they're not gonna listen.

I've been known to program some mean ass HIIT stuff for clients, except it's actually really good programming. If anybody wants a true ass kicker, let me know and I'll give you a damn ass kicker.

Mahdi uses a belt.

So, he uses a belt but tells people not to.

I don't even know what to do with that.

If I'm being gracious, and I can be at times, I assume that his intentions are "you need to learn proper form, as doing improper form with a belt will still screw you up." However, learning proper form takes like, a week? Tops? His article reads very anti-belt, and I don't like it. Seriously, 90% of the people that have even sat down to speak with me I teach the basic lifts for free ('cause I already have enough problems sleeping longer than 3 hours) end up getting a solid velcro belt and break PRs on the regular.

Then again, I've never argued with the guy directly, so that might truly be his opinion.

I don't hate SL. Believe me, there's worse stuff out there. It's just not my favorite and feels very much "5x5 is cool, so let's just make a basic template."

BTW, how many of you want me to make a CF Games OT. You know I'll be watching.

EDIT: I've tweaked what will know be knows as "Veezy-F-Baby's volume for swole men and laides program" on leg day a bit. Behold.

Squat, Front Squat, Leg Press, Romanian Deadlift, Barbell Glute Bride - 12 then 10 then 8 then 6 reps
Standing Calve raise - 4 sets of 15
IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO DO ABS BUT THAT'S MADE IT THE KITCHEN GODDAMN
Dumbbell side bend - 4x20
Hanging knee/leg raise - 4x20
weighted decline crunch - 4x25

More tweaking to follow. I'll be god damned if this isn't in the next OP.

Thanks for the programming tips Veezy, and yes make a CF games thread. I think last time I watched they were alternating between laps in a pool and kipping pulls up. I can only imagine how shredded their stupid hands must of been afterwards

despire

Scale + Google. I wish I could give you more than that.

Generally if you're 5% or so off, you'll do fine. That's why I like to give myself a 10-12 kCal window, aim low, and assume that I'm going to eat more than that. That way, I know I'm not too high on anything, know that I'm on a caloric deficit, and know that I'll be above the mark on everything.

It's real good The thing is, that works in a more barbell centric envrionment. In a globo gym it works like:

4 weeks SS with some bull shit
6 weeks GLSP as they'll enjoy the mix up and it's designed to have additives
8 weeks GSLP plus extra bull shit added because god damnit they're not gonna listen.

I've been known to program some mean ass HIIT stuff for clients, except it's actually really good programming. If anybody wants a true ass kicker, let me know and I'll give you a damn ass kicker.

If I'm being gracious, and I can be at times, I assume that his intentions are "you need to learn proper form, as doing improper form with a belt will still screw you up." However, learning proper form takes like, a week? Tops? His article reads very anti-belt, and I don't like it. Seriously, 90% of the people that have even sat down to speak with me I teach the basic lifts for free ('cause I already have enough problems sleeping longer than 3 hours) end up getting a solid velcro belt and break PRs on the regular.

Then again, I've never argued with the guy directly, so that might truly be his opinion.

I don't hate SL. Believe me, there's worse stuff out there. It's just not my favorite and feels very much "5x5 is cool, so let's just make a basic template."

BTW, how many of you want me to make a CF Games OT. You know I'll be watching.

EDIT: I've tweaked what will know be knows as "Veezy-F-Baby's volume for swole men and laides program" on leg day a bit. Behold.

Squat, Front Squat, Leg Press, Romanian Deadlift, Barbell Glute Bride - 12 then 10 then 8 then 6 reps
Standing Calve raise - 4 sets of 15
IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO DO ABS BUT THAT'S MADE IT THE KITCHEN GODDAMN
Dumbbell side bend - 4x20
Hanging knee/leg raise - 4x20
weighted decline crunch - 4x25

More tweaking to follow. I'll be god damned if this isn't in the next OP.

What kind of a velcro belt would be a good one? Thinking one for my GF since she can't wear a regular one comfortably.

Veezy

que?
Thanks for the programming tips Veezy, and yes make a CF games thread. I think last time I watched they were alternating between laps in a pool and kipping pulls up. I can only imagine how shredded their stupid hands must of been afterwards
I swear to Allah, Jesus, and Yahweh I will drink gin in honor of the Gin drinking swill that is Greg Glassman. Hollowed be he his name.
What kind of a velcro belt would be a good one? Thinking one for my GF since she can't wear a regular one comfortably.
I use this and it's about as functional as it gets without going leather and being a powerlifter.
EDIT: Legit talk, it's a really good belt. Seriously. Anything better than this is powerlifter material.

Cooper

Using an online tool like MyFitnessPal + a kitchen scale as was mentioned. The simplified version is enter the individual ingredients, measure/weigh the entire item, then weigh your portion and take the appropriate percent from the total. It's kind of boring initially to log everything, but most people have a set of meals/ingredients that they use frequently. The logging tools can remember these meals so you don't have to work out every calculation each time.

Nilaul

So after 2 weeks I stopped keto;

I ended it abruptly; ate a whole bar of chocolate (60 grams of suger). Decided to signal my brain and my body that I don't want to be in keto. The thing is Keto does work. However it may not be beneficial to me. Worse performance in football etc. However sugars will be a rare treat from now on. Lesson learnt. I do perhaps expect to be hazy for next few days while my brain starts using carbs again.

However lessons where learned; I did manage to cut without loosing muscle. After analysis; it wasn't the fat, nope; it was the fact I was not eating enough protein, eating well without starving myself but just under my daily calorific needs. Another issue is I don't really enjoy fatty foods; I downright despise them in meats; however I learned that healthy fats could be found in other sources of foods. I learned watch to avoid and how to select my carbs. However I also learned that the keto diet also deprives your body from essentials ingredients, and then you may need to take supplements. There's no need for someone on a low body fat percentage to go into keto.

A welcoming experience though. How much weight do I expect do gain now? I was 73, dropped down to 71.

despire

I swear to Allah, Jesus, and Yahweh I will drink gin in honor of the Gin drinking swill that is Greg Glassman. Hollowed be he his name.

I use this and it's about as functional as it gets without going leather and being a powerlifter.
EDIT: Legit talk, it's a really good belt. Seriously. Anything better than this is powerlifter material.

Can I ask why you prefer a velcro belt over a leather one? Any particular reason? You don't usually see HC lifters advocating/using one AFAIK.

Detox

Not sure if you're doing SS but it recommends to lower the weight like you're doing the DL in reverse so at the top hips unlock once the bar is below your kness then your knees unlock for the last bit to reach the ground.

Generally if you're 5% or so off, you'll do fine.

Most labels are actually more than that off anyway (there are quite a few studies where they walk into shops, buy a bunch of food and test it for its calorie content). It's best guess really, which is why there's little point obsessing down to the single gram level.

Fuzzery

Not sure if you're doing SS but it recommends to lower the weight like you're doing the DL in reverse so at the top hips unlock once the bar is below your kness then your knees unlock for the last bit to reach the ground.

Yeah. Either lower it in a controlled manner or just drop it outright from the top position. Some gyms don't allow you to drop the weight though.

ILoveBish

5s week going well. Got 390x3, rested for 45 sec then got another 390x2 on deadlift. I might have been able to get all 5 in a single set, but i didn't want to risk it. Also increased weight on all accessories and got all my reps in.

Gonna take a few days off.

I'm not sure what article you are referring to but he's not anti belt at all. The program, like most beginner programs, is designed to be started with the bar. I don't see the need for a belt a week in when you'd be squatting 60lbs. I wouldn't recommend a belt for most until at least body weight.

Belts let you lift more weight, thats for sure. But even power lifters like dan green acknowledge the need to squat without a belt and that the belt doesn't necessarily make you stronger.

Veezy

que?
I'm not sure what article you are referring to but he's not anti belt at all. The program, like most beginner programs, is designed to be started with the bar. I don't see the need for a belt a week in when you'd be squatting 60lbs. I wouldn't recommend a belt for most until at least body weight.

Belts let you lift more weight, thats for sure. But even power lifters like dan green acknowledge the need to squat without a belt and that the belt doesn't necessarily make you stronger.

The article I link says

Why I Never Recommend Weight Belts. Guy subscribes to a gym. Does Biceps Curls like the other guys. Gets stronger. Hyper-extends his back on each rep to get even stronger. Gets lower back pain.

He wears a belt upon recommendation of the gym people. No more pain. Back to curls, but still hyper-extending his back. Pain comes back, but worse. Doctor diagnoses him with a hernia. Weight lifting gets bad reputation again.

It was Biceps Curls, but it could have been Squats or Deadlifts. If you don’t lift correctly, you’ll injure yourself. That’s why I don’t recommend belts: they give a false sense of security. And according to McGill, injuries get more severe.

I don't recommend them until you actually start hitting maxes, either. However, what he wrote, with his name attached, reads to not use it.

Can I ask why you prefer a velcro belt over a leather one? Any particular reason? You don't usually see HC lifters advocating/using one AFAIK.

The honest reason? Most people I work with aren't bit enough in the trunk to use one. I got a pretty high end once and it just never worked for me.

Leather ones are better, but I find more people can just throw on a solid velcro one and still be good without having to break the belt in or worry as much about sizing.

Chocobro

To me it looks like you aren't setting correctly, you ass is too high in the air right? So when you are raising up you look very hunched over so your angle is lifting with your lower back as a lever instead of your upper body raising with the bar. If that makes any sense at all. So just before you lift push the bar into your shins and lift your chest up more.

I love using Mike Tuschscherer as a reference. He's amazing

Mental Queue's
That's one of the things I discussed with my friend as well, but just how low does my hips have to be due to my height and limb lengths? I'll see if lifting my chest up more fixes it.
And I do remember that video because Michael has an interesting ritual with the pressure breaths. I can't say that video was all that helpful for me except for the shoulder blades into the back pocket cue.
Yeah. Either lower it in a controlled manner or just drop it outright from the top position. Some gyms don't allow you to drop the weight though.
Yes, I am aware of that in SS. But I felt the benefits do not outweigh the potential injuries I can get from lowering the bar in a controlled manner or the reverse of the pull. So I just drop it and let gravity do its work while I keep my hands on the bar.

MjFrancis

Brown rice protein powder is among the worst tasting supplements you could possibly ingest. I should have known better. It was gifted to my mother at work, who then passed it on to me without her having tried it. I tell you it's like stale brown rice and cardboard liquefied into a shit brown goo. Milk doesn't help it taste any better, either. But it's 120 calories, 12g carbs and 15g protein per serving. I have two servings before training because I'm a sucker for free food. It will not go to waste.

As a public service announcement to FitGAF, for the love of god, do not ever buy brown rice protein powder.

blackflag

So after 2 weeks I stopped keto;

I ended it abruptly; ate a whole bar of chocolate (60 grams of suger). Decided to signal my brain and my body that I don't want to be in keto. The thing is Keto does work. However it may not be beneficial to me. Worse performance in football etc. However sugars will be a rare treat from now on. Lesson learnt. I do perhaps expect to be hazy for next few days while my brain starts using carbs again.

However lessons where learned; I did manage to cut without loosing muscle. After analysis; it wasn't the fat, nope; it was the fact I was not eating enough protein, eating well without starving myself but just under my daily calorific needs. Another issue is I don't really enjoy fatty foods; I downright despise them in meats; however I learned that healthy fats could be found in other sources of foods. I learned watch to avoid and how to select my carbs. However I also learned that the keto diet also deprives your body from essentials ingredients, and then you may need to take supplements. There's no need for someone on a low body fat percentage to go into keto.

A welcoming experience though. How much weight do I expect do gain now? I was 73, dropped down to 71.

I agree, keto was amazing when I was like 35% super obese. Promptly dropped that shit when I got to an acceptable range and under 15% I wouldn't even think about it

Detox

Yes, I am aware of that in SS. But I felt the benefits do not outweigh the potential injuries I can get from lowering the bar in a controlled manner or the reverse of the pull. So I just drop it and let gravity do its work while I keep my hands on the bar.
I'm not sure but dropping the bar and keeping your hands on it sounds like the worst possible way to drop it back to the floor. If you do like in SS you're just controlling the weight in reverse and if you let go at the top nothing happens to your body, but just keeping your hands on the bar and letting gravity pull your body down doesn't sound like a good idea.

agrajag

Banned
I'm not sure but dropping the bar and keeping your hands on it sounds like the worst possible way to drop it back to the floor. If you do like in SS you're just controlling the weight in reverse and if you let go at the top nothing happens to your body, but just keeping your hands on the bar and letting gravity pull your body down doesn't sound like a good idea.

Didn't someone in this thread get a hairline fracture by dropping a dumbbell while still holding on to it? AbuC maybe, if I am not mistaken?

despire

The honest reason? Most people I work with aren't bit enough in the trunk to use one. I got a pretty high end once and it just never worked for me.

Leather ones are better, but I find more people can just throw on a solid velcro one and still be good without having to break the belt in or worry as much about sizing.

The reason I'm asking about this stuff is that, apart from my GF not having a belt, at least now that I'm leaner, the standard PL style leather belt is starting to feel uncomfortable. I have the thinner one from EliteFTS and it has started to hit my lower ribs while going down in the squat. So I'm thinking about other options if this gets worse.

Where I live you can basically only get the standard PL style belts and these velcro belts. We have one store that sells the Schiek belt and then some stores sell cheaper ones but I'm not sure about the quality.

What do you mean "not big enough in the trunk"? Not large enough obliques? How heavy can you lift with the velcro belt? I mean if we are not talking about being a serious powerlifter who competes, how good of a support does a nylon/velcro belt provide compared to a leather belt? You don't use a leather belt at all?

For squat I use a standard pl thick leather belt but for deadlifts and everything else, this is GOAT belt

https://www.liftinglarge.com/mobile/Spud-Deadift-Belt

3 ply

Can't get stuff like that anywhere where I live I believe :/

Irobot82

That's one of the things I discussed with my friend as well, but just how low does my hips have to be due to my height and limb lengths? I'll see if lifting my chest up more fixes it.
And I do remember that video because Michael has an interesting ritual with the pressure breaths. I can't say that video was all that helpful for me except for the shoulder blades into the back pocket cue.

I think opening the chest up more and imagine bending the barbel around your shins with the blades to back pocket helps set you up in that position. I'm recording myself sometimes next week. I'm a 6' tall and have a wider wing span so I'll see what I look like and we can compare and take notes. It does look like his butt breaks parallel when he sets up his lift. Maybe that is also something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom