• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

Had to get a suit today. I know nothing about suits but I had to get an athletic fit one and the actual size is probably for someone who's about 5 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier than me, but I have such broad shoulders it's the smallest that would fit lol

I had to get a suit a few months ago and I went everywhere and they all basically laughed and said I need to have one custom made from scratch.

Veezy

que?
Link?

I just started Stronglifts, do you not think it's a good program?

Stronglifts, referred from here out as SL, just isn't my cup of tea. Beginners, real straight gym novices, do not need 5x5. Also, since it's 5x5, adding in accessory exercises is really difficult. It's not terrible, I've just had way more success having somebody do a GSLP template than 5x5 due to the boredom and the volume.

Your best real bet if you're transitioning from SS is to dive into one of the more best mode templates of GSLP. For example:

Greyskull LP with Greyskull Gladiator “Linebacker” Focus

Monday
AM: Fasted walking (20-30 min)
Throughout day: Frequency Method Push-ups and Chins
Burpee workout (VC 1)
PM: Weight training
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Weighted chins 2 x 6-8
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Neck harness 4 x 25

Tuesday
Burpee workout (VC 1)

Wednesday
Burpee workout (VC 1)
Bench press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
EZ curl bar curl 2 x 10-15
Deadlift 5+
Neck harness 4 x 25
High intensity conditioning session

Thursday
Burpee workout (VC 1)

Friday
Burpee workout (VC 1)
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Weighted chins 2 x 6-8
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+

Saturday
Burpee workout (VC 1)
High intensity conditioning session

This will make you strong, fast, and you will look like you can handle yourself in a fight. If you're not up to this level, that's fine, drop the high intensity and burpee work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still mulling over names for a fitness nutritional fast food channel to make the best of a shit situation for people.

Swole Eats
Fast Food Macros
Make the Best of a Shit Situation

fuck I got nothing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol aka the steve harvey collection

I'm TELLIN YOU.

Choppa suits.
Made for men of muscle.
nqG2MAT.jpg

Veezy

que?
Still mulling over names for a fitness nutritional fast food channel to make the best of a shit situation for people.

Swole Eats
Fast Food Macros
Make the Best of a Shit Situation

fuck I got nothing

I really like Fast Food Macros. If you're ever around Knoxville, I'll take you to the bomb ass "make you're own bowl" Mongolian grill, Genghis Grill. They do not like me stuffing two pounds of meat, six eggs, and then my brown rice all in one bowl for 11 bucks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really like Fast Food Macros. If you're ever around Knoxville, I'll take you to the bomb ass "make you're own bowl" Mongolian grill, Genghis Grill. They do not like me stuffing two pounds of meat, six eggs, and then my brown rice all in one bowl for 11 bucks.

Heck of a deal for what you get there, goddamn!

bro are you really trying to do this? Challenging us to some sort of Mongolian Challenge? Who can stuff the most meat in a bowl?

Man, it is already over.

zW8gpfy.gif

Veezy

que?
Heck of a deal for what you get there, goddamn!

You can also cop a small hot sake for 3 bucks. Get meat, get tipsy, and get out of there for 20 after tip. Cannot be beat.

Seriously, FitGAF needs to hit up my part of town. I went in once with a few bodybuilding friends of mine and the manager about lost his shit. Twas a glorious affair.

bro are you really trying to do this? Challenging us to some sort of Mongolian Challenge? Who can stuff the most meat in a bowl?

Man, it is already over.

zW8gpfy.gif

I treat my meat bowl like I do my training.

More volume than you can handle. Come round my parts. You don't want none.

I don't even want to get started on the Brazilian "all you can eat" meat joint Brazeiros. $40, but I get my moneys' worth. Balevedat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mark Henry's taste in color is impeccable. SALMON BABY
ZM1zo1P.jpg

We've moved onto Tmac suits now

TMAC-suit.jpg

The ability to make a 6'8" man look like a midget is where it's at.

lol

cmon man I loved T-Mac ;_;

I treat my meat bowl like I do my training.

More volume than you can handle. Come round my parts. You don't want none.

I don't even want to get started on the Brazilian "all you can eat" meat joint Brazeiros. $40, but I get my moneys' worth. Balevedat.

lol

And I love t6he Brazillian places too. They have a great one near my work. Walking distance away. $20 lunch. Oh man, it is so good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the best kind of Quest Bars nowadays? Just found out that a store has them for sale around here. 2,9€ a piece but luckily my GF starts there on monday as a graphic designer so she can buy them for less.

This is the inventory they have:
http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/catalog/10321c/Lisaravinteet-Patukat/2139/Quest-Nutrition

in no particular order, i rotate boxes of these and recommend them:
cookies and cream
white chocolate raspberry
banana nut muffin
peanut butter and jelly
cookie dough
chocolate brownie
apple pie
cinnamon roll
strawberry cheesecake

Bumped my calories as low as possible. 1500 cals, keeping my fat and protein mins while doing 15-20 min HIIT everyday. Im going yolo now because its Memorial Weekend/Bday next week and I want my abs back more than anything. Also want to be as lean as possible by June 12th for Vegas. Macros are 170P/65F/25C (When you count fiber) I think I am almost at 12% but its hard to tell with me. Im ripped everywhere BUT my lower ab and oblique area which is stubborn as fuck. I am seeing progress everyday but I am loosing my patience. I haven't seen my abs (Shredded) in 10 years and going to do everything in my power for the next week. I was even thinking about adding another cardio session for the week thats low intensity for 30 mins.

That being said, strength has not dropped at all. Still benching 280, Deadlifting 305 etc. None of my lifts went down at all.

At the end of my bulk I was about 178-180 MAX, now I am 158-160. The bulk was totally worth it. I weigh about the same as I did last summer but deff stronger, leaner and a bit bigger.

Pete Rock

225lbs on bench AMRAP for fun. I hit 24 ,lifting and cutting is a war of attrition.
24 reps at 225 ... I was pretty thrilled when I hit that... on squats... jesus brah

Also want to be as lean as possible by June 12th for Vegas.
You better have some pics for us rockin' those skimpy icon swim shorts at a club pool party or I'm going to feel absolutely cheated.

I have been dribbling some brostep tunes into my lifting mix, this track is 4 years old but it is 110% hype: Pendulum - Salt in the Wounds (Excision VIP)

24 reps at 225 ... I was pretty thrilled when I hit that... on squats... jesus brah

You better have some pics for us rockin' those skimpy icon swim shorts at a club pool party or I'm going to feel absolutely cheated.

I have been dribbling some brostep tunes into my lifting mix, this track is 4 years old but it is 110% hype: Pendulum - Salt in the Wounds (Excision VIP)

I will when I finally make it. Will do whatever I can to make it happen.

#GetRippedofDieMirin ;)

blackflag

Hmmmm they have Ghengis grill in Phoenix like 3 miles from my place.....I've never been there.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm so unmotivated to lose that remaining 1 or 2 percent. I'll go 3 or 4 days of clean eating and then say screw it and have a bad day or two. I need the heat to come so beach days push me to start caring. Our thread is still 1.5-2 months away so there's no urgency there. I'm only about a week away of 2200 calories a day from being there. I feel like I have decent size right now from all this hi rep work I've been doing but who knows? That may all be in my head. I'm not sure I buy into the theory that hi rep work puts on more size. Regardless, I've had enough of my chest days looking like, 18,15,12,10. After a while it's not my chest giving out but my arms. I hate that feeling!

:rant over:

Veezy

que?
Hmmmm they have Ghengis grill in Phoenix like 3 miles from my place.....I've never been there.

The technique is using the tongs to press down and squeeze the meat together into one big glop, followed by borrowing the eggs into the meat. Use the dragon salt and 3g sauce. Perfection.

despire

I'm so unmotivated to lose that remaining 1 or 2 percent. I'll go 3 or 4 days of clean eating and then say screw it and have a bad day or two. I need the heat to come so beach days push me to start caring. Our thread is still 1.5-2 months away so there's no urgency there. I'm only about a week away of 2200 calories a day from being there. I feel like I have decent size right now from all this hi rep work I've been doing but who knows? That may all be in my head. I'm not sure I buy into the theory that hi rep work puts on more size. Regardless, I've had enough of my chest days looking like, 18,15,12,10. After a while it's not my chest giving out but my arms. I hate that feeling!

:rant over:

Do a week or two of UD 2.0.

You will only have to endure 3-4 days of low calories while depleting and then you get to eat tons of food (and a little bit of junk) over the weekend (and probably lose a bit of fat while doing that).

Matugi

We have a chain of Mongolian grills in Raleigh called Crazy Fire. There's two by the mall that are no more than 5 minutes apart. $8 all you can eat bowls at lunch time

The technique is using the tongs to press down and squeeze the meat together into one big glop, followed by borrowing the eggs into the meat. Use the dragon salt and 3g sauce. Perfection.

Haha I hit the ghengis here in Chattanooga with this technique. Stuff the bowl with shrimp, scallops and steak then balance a couple eggs and veggies on top. I use the dragon salt and peanut sauce usually though. They also have this chili paste they will bring to the table in a jar if you ask for it and that mess is sooo good.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Do a week or two of UD 2.0.

You will only have to endure 3-4 days of low calories while depleting and then you get to eat tons of food (and a little bit of junk) over the weekend (and probably lose a bit of fat while doing that).
I'll give it a look. Thanks.

My groin pain was resolved by taking 5 days off squatting, heating it one or two times a day, and getting back into it today with 3 sets of 8 reps at 85% of my 5RM. Everything was great, no pain, felt solid. Think I'll go 7 reps at 90% and 6 reps at 95% and then slide back into adding 5 lbs a session at 3x5.

I guess my groin was just not on the same level as the rest of my legs and I got a little groin pull. I just have to hope it's not just some genetic oddity where my groin sucks like some people's calves just suck. Definitely going to pay more attention to stretching that, too.

Bruiserk

Any tips on cutting? I've been restricting my calories since May 2 and my weight has been all over. First I was 198, down to 197 in a couple days, up to 199 the next, then 195.6 a couple days after. This morning im back to 197.6. Is this just water weight and to be expected? I've been in a caloric deficit each day by about 500 calories or more. Max is usually 1000 calories.

Any tips on cutting? I've been restricting my calories since May 2 and my weight has been all over. First I was 198, down to 197 in a couple days, up to 199 the next, then 195.6 a couple days after. This morning im back to 197.6. Is this just water weight and to be expected? I've been in a caloric deficit each day by about 500 calories or more. Max is usually 1000 calories.
Weight fluctuates a couple of pounds day to day. If you're at a daily calorie deficit and it's balanced, you don't have to worry, you'll drop weight.

Pete Rock

Although I would agree with the recommendations against weighing yourself daily on principle, if you do, it needs to be at the exact same time every day. And I mean exact - after the same inputs and outputs in the same sequence - ie drank 16 oz water took and eliminated twice. Otherwise the few pounds +/- will be due to these factors and it will frustrate you immensely.

When I weigh myself at the end of the feeding cycle on a workout day I am almost exactly ten pounds heavier than in the morning. If I weighed myself after the water input but before the second elimination, I would read 3 pounds heavier. At the exact same time every day it is within a tenth of a pound - but again who is going to rack their brains adding this up incrementally? Not a useful data point.

Sadetar

My neighbours are having extremely loud sex. I bend my ankle and didn't go jogging but walking. And no, I didn't bend it when I was at work and using high heels but when I was leaving to go jogging and using my running shoes. I also forgot to buy apples.

Some nice and understanding words please. I wouldn't want to go and shoot my neighbours. That would be somewhat impolite thing to do.

I'm TELLIN YOU.

Choppa suits.
Made for men of muscle.
nqG2MAT.jpg
Suit on the left looks fucking awful.
It certainly does. Also his head looks teeny-weeny thing on his shoulders.

Then again I am most likely one of the only females who actually don't like suits. A fitting one colour shirt and fitting jeans are just pure sex.

Host Samurai, we are all waiting.

Why thank you kitty. :)
You are welcome cutie.

I increase 5 pounds after dinner. Are you weighting yourself under the same conditions always?

Veezy

que?
Haha I hit the ghengis here in Chattanooga with this technique. Stuff the bowl with shrimp, scallops and steak then balance a couple eggs and veggies on top. I use the dragon salt and peanut sauce usually though. They also have this chili paste they will bring to the table in a jar if you ask for it and that mess is sooo good.

Veggies? Peanut Sauce? Balanced, non burrowed, eggs?

Get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom