• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are tons of guys into that muscle worship stuff, and yeah I get hit up for it constantly. There was even a 1-2 month span of time where I did that stuff for money. Made a couple of "progress" videos on YT and that's where my tumblr gifs came from. In fact a good friend of mind runs a site for it with his boyfriend, and every other month he tries to get me to do a video. It's a somewhat popular site, they make some decent cash from it.

Maybe TMI, but nearly every guy I have ever slept with has been into it and always tries to get me to do it.

I hate it though. It's just not me. I don't play that persona well and don't think anyone should be that into my muscles.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
There are tons of guys into that muscle worship stuff, and yeah I get hit up for it constantly. There was even a 1-2 month span of time where I did that stuff for money. Made a couple of "progress" videos on YT and that's where my tumblr gifs came from. In fact a good friend of mind runs a site for it with his boyfriend, and every other month he tries to get me to do a video. It's a somewhat popular site, they make some decent cash from it.

Maybe TMI, but nearly every guy I have ever slept with has been into it and always tries to get me to do it.

I hate it though. It's just not me. I don't play that persona well and don't think anyone should be that into my muscles.

Yeah I figured you'd been hit up. No way in hell you hadn't. Genuinely shocked you did it though, but I understand the money is pretty good, not something I'd ever entertain though. And that's the thing that gets me. It's a genuinely odd paraphilia. But then I guess those are odd by nature.

what about when you worship your own muscles

Uhhhhh, read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_worship

I've seen a lot of this on fb lately. Some popular guys like marc lobliner and luimarco have been approached to do g4p. Some are just getting trolled.

Its probably a lot more popular than people realize. Kali muscle did some strange for change back in the day. And most of you are aware of kai green and the grapefruit.

Why the fuck did I Google that with SafeSearch turned off.

SeanR1221

Why the fuck did I Google that with SafeSearch turned off.

jimmies.gif

Yeah I figured you'd been hit up. No way in hell you hadn't. Genuinely shocked you did it though, but I understand the money is pretty good, not something I'd ever entertain though. And that's the thing that gets me. It's a genuinely odd paraphilia. But then I guess those are odd by nature.

Uhhhhh, read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_worship
lol. I was mostly just testing the waters and it was an ego boost.

I don't think it's all that weird really, but I have a pretty open mind about this kind stuff. Some people like being with someone in a position power, some like overly innocent women, others want an extremely aggressive partner.

A lot of people in that community equate muscles to not only something physically appealing to look, but also a sign of hard work and dedication. I also find it to be very common that the people who want to worship others are either very overweight or very skinny. They really want something they don't feel they can ever have and are enthralled by people that do. My last boyfriend was like this.

I just am not fit for that. I'm not a cocky person and I hate cocky people. So no way in hell can I pretend to be some god among men with a straight face.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
lol. I was mostly just testing the waters and it was an ego boost.

I don't think it's all that weird really, but I have a pretty open mind about this kind stuff. Some people like being with someone in a position power, some like overly innocent women, others want an extremely aggressive partner.

A lot of people in that community equate muscles to not only something physically appealing to look, but also a sign of hard work and dedication. I also find it to be very common that the people who want to worship others are either very overweight or very skinny. They really want something they don't feel they can ever have and are enthralled by people that do. My last boyfriend was like this.

I just am not fit for that. I'm not a cocky person and I hate cocky people. So no way in hell can I pretend to be some god among men with a straight face.

That's pretty spot on with the two that hit me up. Today dude was skinny fat, ugly with a white boy fro, and the dude from a few months ago was morbidly obese and is constantly on our gym page.

I can see where you're coming from. And it really is more or less simply a form of domination and liking to be dominated, but the people is draws I think are what creeps me out. Perhaps it's just the two that have hit me up, how they did it, and how homely they were.

My goal is to get swole enough that my girlfriend/wife will do this to me. Or she'll be fit and we'll both do it. Then makes beautiful fit person babies.

In actual fitness stuff, what's a good routine to increase vertical leap? I've started adding bulgarian split squats and squat jumps with the barbell in, what else?

Squatting will do it pretty well.

Tawpgun

Been going to the gym pretty routinley now. Just don't really have a plan.

Looking to lose my gut and put on some muscle.

Right now the usual is Run a mile+ whatever feels right, do ab workouts. Crunches, situps, plank, leg kick thing. I can usually do all of this within 15-20 minutes. Then I usually meet my girlfriend on the eliptical and do that for 10 min.

Then I finish off with weights. I do mainly the chest and arm ones. Sometimes I do the row machine to do back.

Don't really have a set number of reps or sets. Or even what weight I put the machine on.

Should I look to get into a more consistent routine or should I just go until my limit like I do now?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Been going to the gym pretty routinley now. Just don't really have a plan.

Looking to lose my gut and put on some muscle.

Right now the usual is Run a mile+ whatever feels right, do ab workouts. Crunches, situps, plank, leg kick thing. I can usually do all of this within 15-20 minutes. Then I usually meet my girlfriend on the eliptical and do that for 10 min.

Then I finish off with weights. I do mainly the chest and arm ones. Sometimes I do the row machine to do back.

Don't really have a set number of reps or sets. Or even what weight I put the machine on.

Should I look to get into a more consistent routine or should I just go until my limit like I do now?

If you want to see specific goals get a specific routine. Right now what you're doing is a mish mash of what ever.

Tawpgun

Got any tips then? I can fluctuate from 170-176 or so. I'm 5/10. Got a bit of a gut I wanna get rid of and also get some muscle on these lanky arms and build the chest/abs out. I realize abs will only show up if I lose the fat there, but might as well start building them underneath.

So I run, and sometimes do eliptical/row machine.

Other than that I do the chest/tri machine and the bicep machines. Got any reccomendation for a routine?

I always wondered if it was better to do less reps of more weight or more reps of less weight.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
But do you have to be into them being into you? Can't you just love and accept yourself and be all into yourself?

lol

I think you're not really understanding. Part of muscle worship and playing the part they want you to play is being a dominator and they are "lower" than you. They derive pleasure from that.

You're literally playing the part of a "god" figure.

It's that part he doesn't want to play.

This isn't just a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse rubbing your muscles. It's a whole different beast.

despire

Got any tips then? I can fluctuate from 170-176 or so. I'm 5/10. Got a bit of a gut I wanna get rid of and also get some muscle on these lanky arms and build the chest/abs out. I realize abs will only show up if I lose the fat there, but might as well start building them underneath.

So I run, and sometimes do eliptical/row machine.

Other than that I do the chest/tri machine and the bicep machines. Got any reccomendation for a routine?

I always wondered if it was better to do less reps of more weight or more reps of less weight.

Honestly your current routine (if you can call it that) won't get you anywhere. It's a waste of time most likely.

Everyone here will recommend to read the OP and start a proven/good routine with free weights. Don't just do some random shit, you need to have a specific goal for every workout.

Also don't skip legs.

despire

In Mexico a random dude squeezed my arm and then my left chesticle and gave me a thumbs up. That's about it on this end.

That was Noema and the secret FitGAF greeting, didn't you know about it?

Seriously though, where's that dude? He hasn't been around here in months..

sphinx

the piano man
Sooooooo I never mentioned it before, but it just happened again and it's a bit creepy.

Has anyone ever been hit up by these muscle worship guys? I'm near positive Darth has, no way he's avoided it.

Dude before hit me up wanting to get together with me offering me a massage and shit. Now out of the blue a dude who saw me at the gym is hitting me up telling me how good I looked (as fucked up as that is since I don't focus on aesthetics).

Shit is genuinely creepy.

in my case there is stil not much to worship but I use a dating app (growlr) and even though I can see my progress and gains of these 2 years, I am absolutely nowhere a muscled guy would like to be and yet not often but every once in a while, people write to me like I am jay cutler...

"yeah baby, you can crush me with your muscles while you make me your whore" and I literally laugh my ass off, I am like "dude, did you fucking read I am 5'5 and 155 pounds?? you are looking in the wrong place!" Pics are so incredibly deceiving.

In Mexico a random dude squeezed my arm and then my left chesticle and gave me a thumbs up. That's about it on this end.

lol I love how a random guy touched your balls and you write about it casually like it's an every day situation. Did you jumped back or tell him to fuck off? that's creepy,

Fuzzery

My goal is to get swole enough that my girlfriend/wife will do this to me. Or she'll be fit and we'll both do it. Then makes beautiful fit person babies.

In actual fitness stuff, what's a good routine to increase vertical leap? I've started adding bulgarian split squats and squat jumps with the barbell in, what else?

Deadlift

Hayvic

Hey fitgaf, I'm new. Time for some intermittent results from a total beginner. Started following the "Alternate full body" routine from the OP a little more than 2 months ago. You might scoff at me but I decided not to do the deadlift because I really could not get the hang of it and it felt rally awkward to do. I did add dumbbell chest presses and that one shoulder exercise with dumbbells where you pretend you're a bird. I've been doing my best to go 3 times a week but it's not always possible sadly. The hardest part has been my diet as I'm not a very big eater. I got some preotein powder which is disgusting. I've been also eating curd which seems like a nice addition. So without further ado here are the comparison pics. I am slightly cheating because the after picture seems to have some lightning that is more flattering.

I have noticed some slight growth in the chest area and the quads but nothing really to write home about. Strength is also just very slowly increasing.

Chest press: 40 kg
Standing Military Press: 25 kg
Squats: 50 kg

Bars not included

I'm 1.79m and 65 kg. Is there anything I can do to improve? Or should I just keep doing this a while longer. Should I give dead lifts another try? Thanks!

Definitely looking more rounded out there. Fuller. Good job.

Oh, and find a protein powder you like. They're out there. That, or get used to eating a lot of chicken / turkey / tuna. ;)

SeanR1221

That was Noema and the secret FitGAF greeting, didn't you know about it?

Seriously though, where's that dude? He hasn't been around here in months..

I miss his on point form checks :(

in my case there is stil not much to worship but I use a dating app (growlr) and even though I can see my progress and gains of these 2 years, I am absolutely nowhere a muscled guy would like to be and yet not often but every once in a while, people write to me like I am jay cutler...

"yeah baby, you can crush me with your muscles while you make me your whore" and I literally laugh my ass off, I am like "dude, did you fucking read I am 5'5 and 155 pounds?? you are looking in the wrong place!" Pics are so incredibly deceiving.

lol I love how a random guy touched your balls and you write about it casually like it's an every day situation. Did you jumped back or tell him to fuck off? that's creepy,

Hah! My chest not testicles :p. Just called them chesticles instead.

Hey fitgaf, I'm new. Time for some intermittent results from a total beginner. Started following the "Alternate full body" routine from the OP a little more than 2 months ago. You might scoff at me but I decided not to do the deadlift because I really could not get the hang of it and it felt rally awkward to do. I did add dumbbell chest presses and that one shoulder exercise with dumbbells where you pretend you're a bird. I've been doing my best to go 3 times a week but it's not always possible sadly. The hardest part has been my diet as I'm not a very big eater. I got some preotein powder which is disgusting. I've been also eating curd which seems like a nice addition. So without further ado here are the comparison pics. I am slightly cheating because the after picture seems to have some lightning that is more flattering.

I have noticed some slight growth in the chest area and the quads but nothing really to write home about. Strength is also just very slowly increasing.

Bars not included

I'm 1.79m and 65 kg. Is there anything I can do to improve? Or should I just keep doing this a while longer. Should I give dead lifts another try? Thanks!

Welcome. I see improvement between those two pictures. Good stuff! Since you asked, yeah, I'd say you should give deadlifts another try. If you can, record a video of your attempts and upload it for us, there are some skilled lifters here that could probably give you some very helpful tips based on what they see.

Also, do you know the weight of the bars at your gym? Generally, but not always, they'll be about 45 lbs / 20 kg. If you aren't sure, ask someone that works at your gym or just set the damn barbell on a scale if there is one near the weightlifting area. Anyway, don't short yourself on what you've accomplished, include the bar's weight into your total for each lift!

sphinx

the piano man

Bars not included

nice progress specially for a 2 month time interval!

what RM are those weights? asuming you are using a regular olympic bar that weights 20 kgs, you are very damn near benching bodyweight. If you just started training two months ago, that is incredible, even for a 1RM.

Hah! My chest not testicles :p. Just called them chesticles instead.

lol I read to fast and it's the first time I've ever seen the word "chesticles", funny word. haha

Bars not included

First, Congratulations on your progress. Second, remember to ALWAYS include the weight of the barbell. They add up to the accumulated sum of the weight, so it makes less sense to exclude it in your calculation.

Also, welcome to FitGAF dude.

Hayvic

Definitely looking more rounded out there. Fuller. Good job.

Oh, and find a protein powder you like. They're out there. That, or get used to eating a lot of chicken / turkey / tuna. ;)

Thanks. Nice to hear it's noticeable. The protein powder actually tastes okay. It's just that it does not completely dissolve which makes it hard to drink. Chicken is a pretty big part of my diet anyway.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. Nice to hear it's noticeable. The protein powder actually tastes okay. It's just that it does not completely dissolve which makes it hard to drink. Chicken is a pretty big part of my diet anyway.

Bonus good way to up your protein intake:

buy Fage unflavored yogurt, put some protein powder in it, mix. you get 20g from the yogurt itself + whatever you add to it with the powder.

Hayvic

Also, welcome to FitGAF dude.

nice progress specially for a 2 month time interval!

what RM are those weights? asuming you are using a regular olympic bar that weights 20 kgs, you are very damn near benching bodyweight. If you just started training two months ago, that is incredible, even for a 1RM.

Thanks guys! Really nice to hear. Almost want to hit the gym again hearing that. What is RM? I will figure out the weights next session.

sphinx

the piano man
Thanks guys! Really nice to hear. Almost want to hit the gym again hearing that. What is RM? I will figure out the weights next session.

that's how many repetitions you do with any particular weight, in this case the weights you wrote in your initial post.

a "1RM" stands for "one repetition max", which means, you can only do one rep of that weight.

my 5RM on the squat is 110 kgs. for example.

Pete Rock

I think you're not really understanding. Part of muscle worship and playing the part they want you to play is being a dominator and they are "lower" than you. They derive pleasure from that.
Well on a conceptual level I was being sincere, if admittedly befuddled. I do not know the specifics of these scenarios but I am assuming a situation without direct contact ie being on stage/cam doing a strip routine, fucking a grapefruit, whatever - while feeling sexy about yourself.

Is there a perceivable difference on the part of the observer if you are into yourself 110% as opposed to literally enjoying them groveling at your feet?

Particularly in the context of super skinny or super fat people who see you as an idol by default, on a personal level it seems like the "relationship" is already so internalized on their end that whatever you feel about them is irrelevant so long as you love yourself and radiate self-esteem that they lack.

Part of this line of thought is based on my own experience doing amateur open stage performances and part if it is based on presumptions. There has to be a certain suspension of disbelief on behalf of those who would consistently patronize or support those types of performers simply based on the knowledge that they probably don't have the same sexual orientation or interests as you do.

I recall consistently hearing this a few times in Vegas at a strip club, there was at least a handful who would cynically observe the proceedings and then say quite loudly to their friend "oh honey stop giving him your money you know he is straight anyways, all the good looking ones are".

I understand if we don't want to continue this line of conversation, curiosity just gets the best of me and other performers are generally the only folks I can have this conversation with in "real life".

http://youtu.be/xJckinV2BD0

Late night squat form check...

Any advice is certainly appreciated
Due to the shot orientation and cropping I can't see the important part which would be your lower posterior chain and your foot position. But based on what I can see I would say you need to focus on packing your neck and really keeping your chin tucked in. Upper cervical extension does absolutely nothing to pull the bar up and is really only something I see recommended as a high bar cue if at all. At the rep between :48-56 you can literally see the bar roll away from your hips and towards your neck because you aren't pulling your chest up. This becomes more exaggerated for the last two reps as the form is breaking down at this point and is obviously where the bar path is deviating from proper travel most aggressively.

For me the chest stays proud due to two cues, neck packed and long (think of pulling "up" at the crown of your head instead of forcing your chin down) and solid relative to the rest of my spine for the whole lift with elbows back and up to create that meat shelf at the low bar position.

It could also be that the bar is slightly high or low, I recall Rip saying that if it is too high it will creep and roll up and if it is too low it will creep or roll down towards your hips, so that may be an issue as well but it is hard to say due to the plates occluding that part of your anatomy from this perspective.

Hayvic

that's how many repetitions you do with any particular weight, in this case the weights you wrote in your initial post.

a "1RM" stands for "one repetition max", which means, you can only do one rep of that weight.

my 5RM on the squat is 110 kgs. for example.

In that case 5RM. Although I'm a bit uncomfortable benchpressing those weights without a spotter. All that weight above my head is scary.

@Vince: I will try that. Also sorry to hear you lost 1/3 of your fortune overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom