• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know when someone says "why don't you just pause the game?" when you're playing some mp game?

It's the same as when someone says "why can't you just skip today or go tomorrow?". They just don't get it.

Hey, sorry to pester, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for my upcoming cut? I posted about it around a week ago but never got any replies, so I'm hoping that means it looks good. Just wanted to check one last time before I start this up in a few days.

You know when someone says "why don't you just pause the game?" when you're playing some mp game?

It's the same as when someone says "why can't you just skip today or go tomorrow?". They just don't get it.

This is my fiancee every day, lol.

Phandy

So how busy is the gym today? I'm a little afraid of how packed it's going to be.

Absolutely rammed ,its a UK Bank holiday today. I'm so glad I go in the quiet spot just after the morning rush (9-10) usually, I struggled to get a spot at the rack to do my bicepcur.. squats.

_Isaac

It was a bit more full than usual, but not a big deal. You get to see different characters, and the squat racks weren't really being used. Good day at the gym. [:

ILoveBish

I've been watching you for a while, and I'd assume you're doing 5/3/1. You know you're supposed to be pushing the last set AMRAP, right?

Yes, i am well aware, however i am just doing the number needed for that day. I've been on a cut for months and just getting to the number needed on that last set is pretty rough as it is.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
OT kinda. Wife took some pics with me and my son strawberry picking today and I noticed a bit of swole.

10260038_10204039306013915_1868256502844159261_n.jpg

10325169_799603083390733_2317521760194925073_n.jpg

Yes, i am well aware, however i am just doing the number needed for that day. I've been on a cut for months and just getting to the number needed on that last set is pretty rough as it is.

I understand what you're saying, but you're giving conflicting posts.

You said earlier and several times before it's been "easy." Now you're saying it isn't. If it's easy, push for more.

ILoveBish

You said earlier and several times before it's been "easy." Now you're saying it isn't. If it's easy, push for more.

Well, OHP last night was easy. I likely could have gotten one more rep in, but i had quite a bit of accessories after left to do. My 5s week for example is very difficult for me, and i struggle greatly, but 3s week usually goes by well, and 1s week is usually a struggle just to hit that new high. I usually get my reps but not much left in the tank once im there. OHP was just really good this time, ive been feeling really strong and feels good. If i was eating excess i would definitely go for more reps, but im 500+ calories deficient at least everyday.

demented

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble deciding on this so maybe you can help me out.

Basically summer started here already and it's hot as hell. Went to gym at 9pm, when it's usually empty, an hour before closing, and it was full, and that's bad for small gym. So a lot of people and hot weather made it a lot hotter in the gym, I was struggling with some weight I can do fine, sweating a loot and drinking much more.
Since my membership expired anyway I started thinking about quitting for the summer, going to this jogging track we have, can do dips and pullups there, focus more on that and free workout. On top of that in a month I'm moving to a new city for the summer and I have a gym right next door but I don't know how the situation will be, my nutrition probably won't be top noch during summer, drinking when out almost every night, sleeping until god knows when etc but I'll be swimming a lot.

So what do you guys think is the best course of action here? I'd love to continue but this weather is only gonna get worse and it will be a pain to get out of the house so there's that too.

So how busy is the gym today? I'm a little afraid of how packed it's going to be.

Going into winter where I am, so all the young kids have lost interest and it is practically empty all the time.

I'm doing all my shit in the squat rack, even the warm-up. It is glorious.

I've never used a public gym, are they particularly busy at certain times of the year? I can imagine the new years resolution lot getting in on it for a while.

the only thing that is weird is that a small bone inside my hand/wrist "moves" or clicks if I turn my thumb in a certain way and that is what causes all the pain,

Today was everything o.k, at least I was not in pain, then I tried to scratch my back during shower and HOLY SHIT, it hurt like hell as that fucking bone moved from its place and for the last couple hours the residual pain has remained there. The wikipedia article doesn't mention any bone moving....

I am scared.

I had the same thing a couple months ago. I ignored it and thankfully it feels a lot better now. I can still feel it a bit when I stretch my hand & thumb but the sensation is very mild.

sphinx

the piano man
I had the same thing a couple months ago. I ignored it and thankfully it feels a lot better now. I can still feel it a bit when I stretch my hand & thumb but the sensation is very mild.

you also had a small bone inside or around the wrist moving and causing pain??

if answer is yes, then that has to be relatively common. it's weird and it sucks

did you have to stop lifting or training???

Cudder

OT kinda. Wife took some pics with me and my son strawberry picking today and I noticed a bit of swole.

wouldnotfuckwithyou/10

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Chest still so sore right at the sternum on both pecs. This started once I fixed my imbalance in my shoulder. Definitely less worrisome being muscular, more of a nuscance. I've been weening off my diet, seeing some reps come back already.

moocow

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble deciding on this so maybe you can help me out.

Basically summer started here already and it's hot as hell. Went to gym at 9pm, when it's usually empty, an hour before closing, and it was full, and that's bad for small gym. So a lot of people and hot weather made it a lot hotter in the gym, I was struggling with some weight I can do fine, sweating a loot and drinking much more.
Since my membership expired anyway I started thinking about quitting for the summer, going to this jogging track we have, can do dips and pullups there, focus more on that and free workout. On top of that in a month I'm moving to a new city for the summer and I have a gym right next door but I don't know how the situation will be, my nutrition probably won't be top noch during summer, drinking when out almost every night, sleeping until god knows when etc but I'll be swimming a lot.

So what do you guys think is the best course of action here? I'd love to continue but this weather is only gonna get worse and it will be a pain to get out of the house so there's that too.

Honestly, it sounds like you are looking for support/justification for something that you have already decided to do.

If you quit for three months, eat like crap, and drink every night, you will end up losing a shit ton of progress. If you are going to do this every single year, then what is the point of even going to the gym the other 8-9 months?

demented

Nah, decided not to quit, gonna man up and keep at it.
I don't drink much so it won't be affecting me terribly (progress wise) but food I'll be more careful, but won't say no to a tasty banana split every once in a while :D

awwwww

you look fantastic dood, just a ball of meat

despire

Didn't expect this.. They just started selling synephrine HCL in here. Since ephedrine and yohimbine are both banned in Europe we are kind of out of options. Except that now I can easily buy synephrine from a local supplier. 10 euros a can of 120 40mg pills.

yogloo

It's amazing how the general public has no idea about body building.

A friend of mine laughed at me because I'm not Jason Statham 1 month into lifting. He also told me this golden nugget, "Nah, I don't want to lift weight. I might get too big and muscular."
For fuck's sake. :|

you also had a small bone inside or around the wrist moving and causing pain??

if answer is yes, then that has to be relatively common. it's weird and it sucks

did you have to stop lifting or training???

Yes the bone in the wrist and the pain was especially bad if I stretched my arm or but it behind my head to do my collar or something. I told you to stop lifting before it got this bad lol. I didn't really want to go to a doctor so I just pretty much stopped lifting but I could still do pull-ups if I didn't hook my thumbs and press-ups on my knuckles.

grumble

Hey guys, protein powder recommendations?

I've recently started with quest bars and they are amazing... But now my protein shake seems terrible in comparison.

My favourite by far is precision nutrition's iplx decadent double chocolate. It's great quality, mixes really well and tastes phenomenal.

Didn't expect this.. They just started selling synephrine HCL in here. Since ephedrine and yohimbine are both banned in Europe we are kind of out of options. Except that now I can easily buy synephrine from a local supplier. 10 euros a can of 120 40mg pills.

What's that do?

despire

What's that do?

It should elevate your energy expendature and thermogenesis. So basically your metabolism doesn't go down (as much) as it normally would when dieting. In short it helps you burn more fat while you diet. Should be one of the only ones that actually do work.

It's not as effective as ephedrine apparently but it's safer.

What's that do?
Basically, your heart rate goes up and with that your blood pressure. It can be harmful, especially when working out and using coffein. Besides, the benefits seems to be rather neglectable.
Ministries of the EU and Germany don't suggest the usage because of the mentioned points.

despire

Basically, your heart rate goes up and with that your blood pressure. It can be harmful, especially when working out and using coffein. Besides, the benefits seems to be rather neglectable.
Ministries of the EU and Germany don't suggest the usage because of the mentioned points.

The elevation in heart is supposedly minimal. Also there can be side effects when taking large doses with caffeine. Luckily you can just take it by itself, no one is forcing you to take it with caffeine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
SwoleMeals Reviews: the new Oscar Mayer P3 "Protein pack"

It's alright, a piddly measure of ham (or turkey, or chicken) in one capsule, a handful of SALTED (boo) almonds or dry roasted peanuts, and a poor-ass little spot with cheese. The cheese was the best part. The macronutrient profile was a step in the right direction, but $1.50 for this? 13g protein? Failure. Use only in protein emergencies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
13g of protein? I inhale more than that when I open my fridge door.

It feels like I do too, as far as satiation goes. It's really a last-ditch thing to do, it's so small. Still, if this is at a gas station and you gotta do something, you probably can't find much better. Problem is, I was at a grocery store and I can find a ton of shit better.

SwoleMeals Reviews: the new Oscar Mayer P3 "Protein pack"

It's alright, a piddly measure of ham (or turkey, or chicken) in one capsule, a handful of SALTED (boo) almonds or dry roasted peanuts, and a poor-ass little spot with cheese. The cheese was the best part. The macronutrient profile was a step in the right direction, but $1.50 for this? 13g protein? Failure. Use only in protein emergencies.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being well-done steak and 10 being whatever flavor of Quest Bar is your favorite, how did it taste?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being well-done steak and 10 being whatever flavor of Quest Bar is your favorite, how did it taste?

5. It's hard to fuck up cold ham, almonds, and cheese. I had no issues with the flava. Cheese wasn't dusty, but moist. Ham was good, and wasn't very wet.

What are these quest bars people keep raving about. I don't think I've ever seen them in the UK... and I've tried about 60 (not kidding, maybe even more) of these sorts of things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What are these quest bars people keep raving about. I don't think I've ever seen them in the UK... and I've tried about 60 (not kidding, maybe even more) of these sorts of things.

Basically Jesus. If Jesus was truly the son of god and turned into a bar, that's Quest. Great nutritional profile. Tastes wonderful. Heat it up? Tastes wonderful, squared.

Entropia

No One Remembers

They are the most amazing protein bars ever that have flavours that actually taste great!

Also, Overhead Press: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3QY5vMz_6I is that a good technique to follow? I started doing them last week following this video's information.

If I order some of these and they're not delicious I'm going to hunt you all down.

What are the best flavours to go for? (Yes I know, opinions and all that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom