• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

I found 1.1 lb tubs of creatine powder on closeout for only $10.59 at my local grocer - that's a comparable price per pound online, but impossible to find at a brick and mortar store. I bought two and left three more for another gym rat to discover. If they are still there next week I'll buy whatever's left.

pretty typical price for creatine, no?

SeanR1221

Forgot to give Host and Cudder props.

Host - you've got one hell of a body. That's a pretty awesome achievement to look like that.

Cudder- nice job on those squats. Right back on the gainz train buddy

Imm0rt4l

10432068_1414898235463249_946164730_n.jpg

snagged a quick swelfie for instagram.

Szu

I took these pics a few days ago. Semi-selfie Sunday.

From the director and writer that brought us Knocked Up, This is 40.

gfVbvWG.jpg

bABTjZC.jpg

Extra pic of my son and I just for shits and giggles.

XpbrjJC.jpg

sphinx

the piano man
well I am boring and not very much worth watching on instagram but I am gvgwesser, if anyone cares.

are your instagrams more fitness/selfie oriented or are they private/personal with pics of family and friends there? mine iis just me.

and nice sunday selfies from everyone! 'mirin

Imm0rt4l

Immortal beastin'. You look like Dudley. Good shit.

So no one here works out with some reference to their target heart rate?
Thanks man! I'll take it since I'll never be as big as big as gouken. Now to become as cultivated/sophisticated as dudley. Gains in a whole other regard need to be made.

I think Sean has a hr monitor but I don't know if he actively tracks it during workouts

I am always drooling your photos. <3

Aww Shucks :3

abuC

Thanks fellas

I've been following you man for a bit now. Happened across you through neogaf tag.

Ig: Pete_Onyx

I dont post a terrible lot. Thinking about making a tumblr/fitblr.

Pete Onyx sounds like a 1998 rapper that was down with Fat Joe and the Terror Squad.

Thanks fellas

I've been following you man for a bit now. Happened across you through neogaf tag.

Ig: Pete_Onyx

I dont post a terrible lot. Thinking about making a tumblr/fitblr.
Whaaaaat! I had no clue otherwise I would've followed back! All is fine now though, beastly.

My bench is full range of motion, for those wondering. Hit that chest, extend those arms, rinse, repeat, get swole. I'm starting to read SS, so it's a fact I'll study it and begin the program in 2-3 weeks.

Now onto my commentary:

SZU - Are you 40 for real or did I misunderstand? This can't

IMM0RT4L - You and wufei were my inspiration to join this community. Impressive as usual

THEGORE - Dem triceps! And the hair and beard, you keep with the most important of aesthetics lol

LEENESS: You doing it right. Don't be like me

As for the next thread title:

Quest Bars |OT8| Cookies and Cream and Fitness (if it fits your macros)

well I am boring and not very much worth watching on instagram but I am gvgwesser, if anyone cares.

are your instagrams more fitness/selfie oriented or are they private/personal with pics of family and friends there? mine iis just me.

and nice sunday selfies from everyone! 'mirin
Mine is pretty much fitness and selfies, lol. It's much like my Facebook, which you've seen. Horrible I know, lol.

Szu

My bench is full range of motion, for those wondering. Hit that chest, extend those arms, rinse, repeat, get swole. I'm starting to read SS, so it's a fact I'll study it and begin the program in 2-3 weeks.

Now onto my commentary:

IMM0RT4L - You and wufei were my inspiration to join this community. Impressive as usual

THEGORE - Dem triceps! And the hair and beard, you keep with the most important of aesthetics lol

LEENESS: You doing it right. Don't be like me

As for the next thread title:

Quest Bars |OT8| Cookies and Cream and Fitness (if it fits your macros)

Yes, I'm a bonafide old bastard.

Imm0rt4l

Now onto my commentary:

You're too kind, glad something has come of fitgaf posts and swelfies. Best of luck on all your fitness endeavors man.

Whaaaaat! I had no clue otherwise I would've followed back! All is fine now though, beastly.

haha no worries, given the amount of follower you have it's not surprising that I'd get lost in the crowd of notifications. It's not an obligation either way though fwiw.

Haha, I have a bunch of Pun songs on my workout mix. I really wish there was a Caribbean Connection without Wyclef lol

Shiet, I might have to do that. You came to mind when my boy was putting me onto some straight ignant ass shit/trap when working out. I'm like "why am I vibing to this bullshit? Why is this going so hard?"

abuC

You're too kind, glad something has come of fitgaf posts and swelfies. Best of luck on all your fitness endeavors man.

haha no worries, given the amount of follower you have it's not surprising that I'd get lost in the crowd of notifications. It's not an obligation either way though fwiw.

Shiet, I might have to do that. You came to mind when my boy was putting me onto some straight ignant ass shit/trap when working out. I'm like "why am I vibing to this bullshit? Why is this going so hard?"

Shamefully, I been listening to Lil Herb in the gym as well, it's so ignorant yet goes so hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unDkc4-ElI4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQ4y-ppSZ0

I'd never listen to it outside of the gym, inside of it though it's great ha

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Nice...first time benching in I can't remember how many months!! Shelved cgbp too to let the shouldets heal. I think I had more in me but I did shoulders last night. I changed my set up on bench too, I used to tuck my feet underneath now I just sit them out front like Greg Doucette, although my grip is much more narrow.

308/330x3, 342/352x1, 308/308/308x3

Uhm, what is the practical programming by rippetoe, is it also useful?

edit: OK, it seem I must read SS and later move onto PP if I want to add chin-ups for more upper body mass, according to our good fellas at BodyBuilding.com (heh)

despire

My cut is finishing up. Last few days left. This is already the 14th week since I started so you can guess I'm a bit tired of it all.

In a few days I'm gonna have a refeed and then two weeks of maintenance. After that I don't know. I could still lose a few % since I'm probably around 14% still as of this moment. I was thinking that I could do a few weeks of something to get down to 12% or so but I'm not sure. Don't wanna do PSMF anymore really now that I'm category 1 (280g of protein and not much else a day is not fun).. Could do UD2.0 though..

Anyway I was thinking here that maybe I could try slow bulking with 5/2 or 6/1 type of scheme. So either 5 or 6 days of eating at a surplus mixed with 1 or 2 days of PSMF fasting on non-lifting days. This could allow for muscle gain while still losing some fat (5/2) or building muscle while not getting fatter (6/1). I'm thinking this would probably be the best choice here. I don't feel like cutting anymore but I need to be really careful about not getting fat again. So something like a recomp maybe. Or just do LeanGains like normal..

Anyone ever do 5/2 while bulking?

Pakoe

Man, the cheatmeal bloat is real. A whole pack of chocolate and Ben & Jerry does taste good, but probably not gonna do the same thing in the coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom