• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT6| Defying gravity, Quest madness, and Muscle Shaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJerit

This is what 34 looks like biatches!!! Happy birthday to me!

3031834a-445e-44dd-ba01-ef9c410a521e.jpg

Age aint nuttin but a number!!

#slowclap

jesus, when marvel needs another actor for a hero, you should try out.

velociraptor

I did what Petrie did and set my basic calorie/macro guidelines at my TDEE excluding the work-out I do (which ends up at 1.75k or so), and then I just input my exercise as I do it and have extra calories to look forward to on my work-out days.
Could you elaborate on this please?

SeanR1221

So interesting results from my heart rate monitor.

During benching it could get as high as 180 but quickly drop to 130 after some rest.

Dips and tricep pushdowns put it at 150

Farmers walks and elliptical put it at 170

Over the 2 hours at the gym (was with a friend, definitely some socializing went on) I had an average heart rate of 145

According to the one calculator I burned 800 calories in the 2 hours?

Either way, it was interesting.

Great day and I was even able to fit in a chipotle bowl and chips.

2300 calories, 84g of fat, 187g of carbs and 203g of protein.

TheJerit

I broke 5x225 on Deadlift today! I did screw up my calories today by eating an entire roasted chicken in one sitting, but hey at least they are clean calories.

Well done! still giving IF a go? How's your energy for your workouts? Mine's still been fine so far. I've really enjoyed IF more than I thought I would.

Well, 2 weeks have went by since I started SS (miniscule amount of time in the grand scheme of things), but I'm happy with my gains so far.

Nothing compared to a lot of your beasts in here, but for someone who's rusty and its been years since I've been back heavily in the gym, I'm not complaining.

Alternating 2 Workout A and B days each week like SS talks about.

Started Today

Squat: 135 205

OHP: 95 115

Bench: 135 155

Deadlift: 135 245

abuC

Found the cereal I'll be eating next week for carb up, Frosted Mini wheats, 47g of carbs per serving.

I'll finish today at around 1100g of carbs, still have dinner and a bowl of cereal left which will hit that mark.

abuC

And what I've eaten to start my carb up -

Chicken parm (low fat mozz) / Spaghetti

Breakfast -
11 servings of Honey bunches of oats
3 garlic bagels

Lunch -
3 slices of pizza
Big salad
2 beef patties (Jamaican)

Dinner -
3 grilled chicken breasts & plain spaghetti
Salad

Later tonight -
4 servings Frosted mini wheats

And 4 scoops of whey (water mixed), fish oil, flaxseed oil and apple cider vinegar. The craziest part is I'm hungry about an hour after eating most of these things. Tomorrow is my power day in the gym, the first one since starting this diet so I hope everything goes well and I have some strenfffffff

deadbeef

And what I've eaten to start my carb up -

Chicken parm (low fat mozz) / Spaghetti

Breakfast -
11 servings of Honey bunches of oats
3 garlic bagels

Lunch -
3 slices of pizza
Big salad
2 beef patties (Jamaican)

Dinner -
3 grilled chicken breasts & plain spaghetti
Salad

Later tonight -
4 servings Frosted mini wheats

And 4 scoops of whey (water mixed), fish oil, flaxseed oil and apple cider vinegar. The craziest part is I'm hungry about an hour after eating most of these things. Tomorrow is my power day in the gym, the first one since starting this diet so I hope everything goes well and I have some strenfffffff

Hitting the gym in the morning? You'll have to let me know how it goes. Should be fun especially after the humiliating And miserable Thursday workouts.

abuC

Hitting the gym in the morning? You'll have to let me know how it goes. Should be fun especially after the humiliating And miserable Thursday workouts.

Yup, I should be there at around 10am, Thursday's workout was so depressing it can only get better from here lol.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to seeing the improvement on the ski slopes and I look forward to the training sessions, rather than dread them. Decided to have a look in Fit-GAF to share my story. A lot of what's discussed here is a bit above me, the terminology is odd, and I'm going to rely on my trainer until the end of the year to set my programme.

tl;dr: getting fit rocks, best thing I've done in the last decade

As others have already said, nice work on making a commitment and sticking to it, it definitely sounds like you've made great progress. That said, the bolded (as well as your references to "various routines" and "all the other gear") is setting off alarm bells for me. Could you describe what a typical strength session entails for you?

Szu

#slowclap

jesus, when marvel needs another actor for a hero, you should try out.

FitGaf Assemble!!!

Cooter can be Captain America. Alien(when he returns) is the Hulk. Darth can be Thor. Immotral can be Black Panther.

What about the rest of us?

I'll probably be Iron Fist.

Exis

Well done! still giving IF a go? How's your energy for your workouts? Mine's still been fine so far. I've really enjoyed IF more than I thought I would.

Well, 2 weeks have went by since I started SS (miniscule amount of time in the grand scheme of things), but I'm happy with my gains so far.

I am! I can't really workout fasted since I workout around 7pm, but my energy levels are so through the roof that I am not sleeping that well, My mood swings are pretty much gone and the way my brain feels is pretty spectacular. I am down about .5 BF this week, we will see if that holds.

Even if IF does not do anything for my fat, I may keep doing it if the mental side holds up. Tomorrow I am shooting for a 24 hour fast to see if I can do it, I have been doing 16/8 all week.

Your numbers are good, keep at it... I have been StrongLifts that is very similar to SS.

Cudder

Interesting day at the gym. It was leg day, but it was empty and I was feeling good so I literally did squats the entire workout. Did my usual sets and then decided to just do heavy singles to see how far I could go (I never really knew my squat 1RM).

Got up to 295x1! As I was slowly getting up there with the weight I was getting all giddy thinking I just might be able to get 315x1, but alas, 3 plates was not meant to be.

Form checks welcome. I think I've improved from the last ones I posted in terms of form/depth. Also, I would be wearing a belt for these but it was stolen last week.

265lb
275lb
295lb
305lb FAILED squat

Was sad when I couldn't get 305 up, but I was also happy because I now know I can get 295!

Also, HBD Cooter!

Cudder

Found the cereal I'll be eating next week for carb up, Frosted Mini wheats, 47g of carbs per serving.

I'll finish today at around 1100g of carbs, still have dinner and a bowl of cereal left which will hit that mark.

LOL, been eating Mini Wheats for the last 2 weeks myself. Love that cereal. At first I bought the Brown Sugar kind by mistake, but it was still good as hell.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Impressive squats Cudder!

This is what 34 looks like biatches!!! Happy birthday to me!

3031834a-445e-44dd-ba01-ef9c410a521e.jpg

Age aint nuttin but a number!!

Goddam. Congrats fellow 79er, looking absolutely amazing.

Not sure if I can ever do a dirty bulk having been chubby earlier, I will be super lean by November at the very latest, maybe I will do a clean bulk after that. Josh Stone bulked clean at 2700-3000kcal of quality nutrition and put on impressive mass too - not sure if he was juicing though...?

I got a surprising recommendation from an university nutritionist researcher this week, they have been analysing my physique, fitness and diet:

I see that you drink a daily whey protein shake, whey is good for enhancing the hypertrophic response post-workout but one of the best (and also least expensive) drinks is chocolate milk, this has a carbohydrate, electrolyte and fluid composition which is excellent for stimulating both muscle glycogen and protein synthesis. You may also want to try ingesting a small amount of protein plus carbohydrate immediately before exercise as some studies have shown an increased muscle anabolic response following this strategy.

Chocolate milk! Woo!

rando14

To some of the more advanced lifters here, have any of you guys tried Mentzer's High intensity training? AKA few sets with MONSTER time under tension?

I'm thinking of trying it for a week with most of my lifts. I've been doing it for the past month or so with biceps and a couple shoulder exercises and they KILL, so I kinda want to try it on other parts and see how it goes.

Checking in after finishing my first couple weeks of IF...I have lost 3 lbs without doing anything with my food otherwise. Feels good, ladies and gents. I do feel a little more weakness after HIIT but otherwise my lifts are unaffected.

5'7" and 135 now.

Imm0rt4l

Interesting day at the gym. It was leg day, but it was empty and I was feeling good so I literally did squats the entire workout. Did my usual sets and then decided to just do heavy singles to see how far I could go (I never really knew my squat 1RM).

Got up to 295x1! As I was slowly getting up there with the weight I was getting all giddy thinking I just might be able to get 315x1, but alas, 3 plates was not meant to be.

Form checks welcome. I think I've improved from the last ones I posted in terms of form/depth. Also, I would be wearing a belt for these but it was stolen last week.

265lb
275lb
295lb
305lb FAILED squat

Was sad when I couldn't get 305 up, but I was also happy because I now know I can get 295!

Also, HBD Cooter!
lookin good

All right a little critique

Don't unrack the bar with a split. Put both your feet under the bar, tighten everything and the quarter squat out of the rack. Great depth

Don't dance around with the bar on your back. You took 6 steps before you drop into the hole. You've got to do 3 steps back from the rack. Count them, memorize them and practice them, know what's your position, and go directly there and squat.

Your knees are going forward a little bit too much on this one, it might be because of some butt winking from going so deep. Don't go so deep, it's not needed. I know, I know, first we tell you it's too high and the too deep, such complicated matters are those of the squat.

5 steps on this one before going into the hole. I don't see you taking a biiiig breath, I should see your belly expanding from the inhaled air. Take bigger breaths.

The depth on this one is perfect, not too high not low enough to cause butt wink.

On this failed one, you didn't initiate hip darahiiiive (drive), that's why you failed.

sphinx

the piano man
watching Cudder's failed squat video (thanks for posting it!) I was wondering, is it easy to injury our wrists if/when we bail out of a squat?

I think you could have pulled it off but you took too long to execute the move, IMO, that little extra time must have produced too much burn in your traps, didn't it?

when going heavy, every millisecond drains you way too fast that's why I agree on what Bronzewulf said, 3 small steps, straight down and up, and done.

This is so weird

5 weeks since I started lifting seriously, gained 3 Kgs, am stronger than before yet I feel smaller? I even look leaner and have thinner face

where the hell did I put those 3 kgs

sphinx

the piano man
This is so weird

5 weeks since I started lifting seriously, gained 3 Kgs, am stronger than before yet I feel smaller? I even look leaner and have thinner face

problably some of it is water&shit, it just hasn't come out, hehe.

otherwise 1 to 1.5 kgs per month is very much in line with what happens to most guys who aren't rushing into the weight gain thing and bulking like a pig.

how you perceive yourself looking at the mirror doesn't mean much, quite frankly. body dismorphia is present even in the very early stages of training so there's no point in overthinking it.

COOTER. Happy birthday champ! I hope you had a shitton of cake and ice cream so I can feel better about my physique for a sec.

Also, seriously. I need a lifting belt. Someone link me one on Amazon and I'll buy it. I don't know jack shit about brands. Doing bent over rows without a belt fucking sucks.

SeanR1221

COOTER. Happy birthday champ! I hope you had a shitton of cake and ice cream so I can feel better about my physique for a sec.

Also, seriously. I need a lifting belt. Someone link me one on Amazon and I'll buy it. I don't know jack shit about brands. Doing bent over rows without a belt fucking sucks.

Go big or go home, bro

http://www.inzernet.com/search_resu...aramVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=1

This is the belt Petrie and I use

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=299&pid=3495

That goes on sale every once in a while. I think we both got ours for 50-55.00

Petrie

Banned
Go big or go home, bro

http://www.inzernet.com/search_resu...aramVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=1

This is the belt Petrie and I use

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=299&pid=3495

That goes on sale every once in a while. I think we both got ours for 50-55.00

Yup. Paid $50 for mine I believe by Shogun's recommendation. Fantastic belt without any bells or whistles. Does its job and does it well. Worth every penny and then some.

Could you elaborate on this please?

Sure!

I use the following site to figure out how many calories (and the macro ratio of said calories) I should consume on a daily basis:

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

Then to actually see how much you are eating, I use the following food diary site, in which you can input what you eat and see how many calories/carbs/fats/protein it contains:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

But Myfitnesspal also enables you to add exercise activity, and even gives you a reasonably estimate of how much each exercise burns (Tab: Exercise, click on Add Exercise under the Cardiovascular section, and search for "Strength training).

So go back to the calorie/macro calculator, input all of your numbers, but select "Sedentary" under activity levels. Then, as you do actually go to the gym or go for a jog, you input that activity into Myfitnesspal as per above, and it'll automatically give you extra calories you can consume on those days.

Petrie

Banned
Sure!

I use the following site to figure out how many calories (and the macro ratio of said calories) I should consume on a daily basis:

Then to actually see how much you are eating, I use the following food diary site, in which you can input what you eat and see how many calories/carbs/fats/protein it contains:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

But Myfitnesspal also enables you to add exercise activity, and even gives you a reasonably estimate of how much each exercise burns (Tab: Exercise, click on Add Exercise under the Cardiovascular section, and search for "Strength training).

So go back to the calorie/macro calculator, input all of your numbers, but select "Sedentary" under activity levels. Then, as you do actually go to the gym or go for a jog, you input that activity into Myfitnesspal as per above, and it'll automatically give you extra calories you can consume on those days.

You can even link it with runkeeper now and it automatically adds any runkeeper activity for you. Love it.

Sedentary levels and then accounting for activity just makes more sense to me than any "assumed" activity level.

Noema

265lb
275lb
295lb
305lb FAILED squat

Also, HBD Cooter!

These look good. You do need to take a big breath at the top and hold it like Bronzewolf said, but other than that form and depth are great.

Seeing how easily 295lb went up, I'm sure you'd have gotten 305lb with a bit more rest. Hell, with a belt you'd probably have gotten 315lb.

So after a couple of weeks of complaining on this site about how cutting was killing me I'm finally starting to breeze through it.

It took me forever to get okay with it, and in hindsight I think it was natural for it to take as long as it did for me to "flip the switch" mentally since I was mostly eating protein and pizza on the regular prior to my cut.

I think I've lost somewhere between 6 and 10 lbs over the last couple of weeks.

My diet isn't anything special. I'll say that quest bars are a key component and loads of filling protein that keep me pretty full.

No six meals a day or anything. My body has just adapted to an appetite that's naturally started to slow down over the course of cutting, so my mind has no longer been on eating just for eatings sake.

hang in there all you brahs who struggle to cut, keep ramming your head against the wall enough and you'll finally break through!

Petrie

Banned

Shogun asked me to recommend either the Economy belt Sean posted about, or if you have the money the one he is using now:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=5653

I lifted yesterday, nothing too fancy:

Squat 300x3x5 OK!
Bench Press 175x3x5 OK!
Pull Ups to failure 3/3/3 OK!
ARMZ Who cares?

But my macros/calories where even lower than regular! WTF? I just couldn't bring myself to eating more fat:

Cals 2,304 out of 2500 goal
Carbs 32 out of 31 goal
Fat 159 out of 194 goal
Protein 155 out of 156 goal

Is there anything wrong with this on Keto? Am I gonna die or something? I am still hitting my daily protein goal and always around a decent carb goal, but my fat intake is just not up there to reach the 2500 cals.

Other than 'don't unrack the bar with split legs', that was some truly pedantic critique of decent squats.

Well I am sorry for trying to help the fellow squatter prevent form creep. The squat is a complicated movement, and even if his squats are great (they are) there is always some room for improvement. If he was a relative n00b squatting 135-215 I would not focus so much on the detailes, but at 315'ish details can start becoming dominant

This is so weird

Probably some water weight + muscle filled glycoge.

I won't link you an amazon belt, but I will thoroughly recommend Inzer's belts:

http://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FOREVERBELTS_BUCKLE10MM

One of these will probably last you forever. It's the one I use

sphinx

the piano man
Sure!

O.k I am absolutely determined to come up with a crystal clear profile of what I need to learn and do regarding nutrition in order to reach my goals.

here is a capture of the first step of the profile so there's no confusion regarding what I, me specifically, should know and do

nutritionprofile1_zpsfa58c32d.jpg

the first thing: Do you guys see anything peculiar in this profile?? anything I should check or anything that raises eyebrows or something??

my personal goal for the next 2 months (until Oct 18): a Clean Bulk. an eating plan that will enable me to go up in weight slowly but consistently, most of which would be muscle mass, trying to keep fat at a minimum. I want to go from 150 lbs to 156-159 lbs in those 2 months with most of it being lean muscle mass, I know fat will come with the bulk, it's o.k, I just want to maximize the process as much as possible. 7 pounds should be doable, right?

I will need you help to understand what I need to chose in the 2nd step of the calculator.

Questions in step 2 (sorry, many will turn out to be something easy or obvious, I am just not seeing it):

.- Split between Rest / Workout. What is this? I honestly have no idea the numbers stand for (+20/-20? 20 of what). Going by the text, I guess I should choose "lean massing" but I honestly have no clue

.- Protein. What are the consequences of choosing one option over the other? are they just some random measurements and all three options are o.k? I'd go with 1g per 1lb of total Bodyweight,

.- Carb/Fat Split: I understand the words, a split between carbs and fat but I have no clue what those numbers stand for, they tell me nothing, sorry for being this dense lol

.- Days per Cycle: what are the implications of choosing a longer plan? I go workout in 4 days out of 7. so I choose 7 with 4 workout days.... but I'd like to know what happens or what does it mean to have a longer "Cycle" (and...what is a cycle??)

I'll leave it there until I receive some feedback before going into step three of the calculator.

If you guys help me through this, I will be VERY THANKFUL

Petrie

Banned
Sphinx, 7-8lbs of muscle in 2 months is not realistic. 1lb of muscle mass in a month would be considered quite succesful. 2 lbs would be pretty much the abolute limit for a natural lifter, and that's under absolute ideal circumstances.

Get your goals in check so you won't end up frustrated buddy.

The other stuff:

ratios refers to how much of your daily intake comes from that source. 40/30/30 would mean 40% from protein, 30% from fat, and 30% from carbs.

The "split" means what above or below maintenance you eat each day. +20/-10 means eating 20% over maintenance on workout days and 10% under on rest days.

A cycle is typically more advanced. If you're doing SS, you don't need to worry about this yet.

Lean massing will be best for minimal fat gains. 1gram of protein per lb of body mass is fine and easy, so go with that for the time being.

I think that about covers it.

O.k I am absolutely determined to come up with a crystal clear profile of what I need to learn and do regarding nutrition in order to reach my goals.

here is a capture of the first step of the profile so there's no confusion regarding what I, me specifically, should know and do

nutritionprofile1_zpsfa58c32d.jpg

the first thing: Do you guys see anything peculiar in this profile?? anything I should check or anything that raises eyebrows or something??

my personal goal for the next 2 months (until Oct 18): a Clean Bulk. an eating plan that will enable me to go up in weight slowly but consistently, most of which would be muscle mass, trying to keep fat at a minimum. I want to go from 150 lbs to 156-159 lbs in those 2 months with most of it being lean muscle mass, I know fat will come with the bulk, it's o.k, I just want to maximize the process as much as possible. 7 pounds should be doable, right?

I will need you help to understand what I need to chose in the 2nd step of the calculator.

Questions in step 2 (sorry, many will turn out to be something easy or obvious, I am just not seeing it):

.- Split between Rest / Workout. What is this? I honestly have no idea the numbers stand for (+20/-20? 20 of what). Going by the text, I guess I should choose "lean massing" but I honestly have no clue

.- Protein. What are the consequences of choosing one option over the other? are they just some random measurements and all three options are o.k? I'd go with 1g per 1lb of total Bodyweight,

.- Carb/Fat Split: I understand the words, a split between carbs and fat but I have no clue what those numbers stand for, they tell me nothing, sorry for being this dense lol

.- Days per Cycle: what are the implications of choosing a longer plan? I go workout in 4 days out of 7. so I choose 7 with 4 workout days.... but I'd like to know what happens or what does it mean to have a longer "Cycle" (and...what is a cycle??)

I'll leave it there until I receive some feedback before going into step three of the calculator.

If you guys help me through this, I will be VERY THANKFUL

Answer 1

Afaik, the upper theoretical limit on how much muscle mass you can gain per month is 1-1.5 lbs, so if you're aiming for 7 pounds over two months, more than half of that is going to be non-muscle mass. Even if you want to be safe, and ensure you get maximum muscle growth, you really shouldn't be aiming for more than 2lbs per month.

Basing this stuff on the following:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_truth_about_bulking

Answer 2

Split is referring to the calorie guideline on rest day versus workout day. -20/+20 means that you're going with a 20% calorie deficit on rest days, but 20% calorie surplus on work-out days.

I'd go with more than 1g of protein per 1lb of total bodyweight, just to be safe (seeing as you're looking to bulk, surplus protein will just be burned for energy). 1.5g protein per 1lb of lean bodyweight is probably a better option for you.

Similar to the rest/workout day split. 25/75 means that of your non-protein derived calories, 25% comes from your carbs and 75% comes from your fats.

A longer cycle can be useful if you don't have fixed work-out days, for example if you workout every 2 days, you can select an 8-day cycle to make tracking easier.

Teggy

In the last thread someone mentioned an app that lets you do before/after pictures - can anyone recall what that was?

Imm0rt4l

Inzer is like the Mac daddy of lifting belts.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Old man Coots looking awesome!

; )

What type of rows are you doing?

sphinx

the piano man
Sphinx, 7-8lbs of muscle in 2 months is not realistic. 1lb of muscle mass in a month would be considered quite succesful. 2 lbs would be pretty much the abolute limit for a natural lifter, and that's under absolute ideal circumstances.

Get your goals in check so you won't end up frustrated buddy.

yeah, I guess I didn't think that through.

what would you consider a realistic goal in that time frame, considering my stats?

and can I realistically expect my BF% to stay at 16.5 while gaining weight if I did a "perfect" clean bulk?

the last step of the calculator says I'd just get 2.2 lbs in that time frame, the half of it is going to be fat. I am reading this correctly? 2 months to gain 2.2 lbs?

1.1 lbs of muscle in 2 months of eating and trainig like crazy are my gains? :D people are not joking when they say this takes time.

The other stuff:

ratios refers to how much of your daily intake comes from that source. 40/30/30 would mean 40% from protein, 30% from fat, and 30% from carbs.

The "split" means what above or below maintenance you eat each day. +20/-10 means eating 20% over maintenance on workout days and 10% under on rest days.

A cycle is typically more advanced. If you're doing SS, you don't need to worry about this yet.

(you already answered this) but from what you read in what I've been posting, is "Lean Massing" what I am looking for here? there's also 2 weight gain options but they seem a bit too loaded and I don't know if I need or want that.

regarding the macros, is 40/30/30 the standard way to go? I would have thought that fat would be less but probably on a cut, right? should I select an option that reduces fat on rest days?

thank you, really, and sorry if this turns obnoxious, I am terrible at this

Petrie

Banned
yeah, I guess I didn't think that through.

what would you consider a realistic goal in that time frame, considering my stats?

and can I realistically expect my BF% to stay at 16.5 while gaining weight if I did a "perfect" clean bulk?

the last step of the calculator says I'd just get 2.2 lbs in that time frame, the half of it is going to be fat. I am reading this correctly? 2 months to gain 2.2 lbs?

1.1 lbs of muscle in 2 months of eating and trainig like crazy are my gains? :D people are not joking when they say this takes time.

(you already answered this) but from what you read in what I've been posting, is "Lean Massing" what I am looking for here? there's also 2 weight gain options but they seem a bit too loaded and I don't know if I need or want that.

regarding the macros, is 40/30/30 the standard way to go? I would have thought that fat would be less but probably on a cut, right? should I select an option that reduces fat on rest days?

thank you, really, and sorry if this turns obnoxious, I am terrible at this

I know you don't want to hear this: but you're overthinking it. At your level you truly don't need to concern yourself with less fat on rest days and other micromanaging. You'll drive yourself crazy with this stuff.

Lean massing is meant for those trying to gain muscle with minimal fat, so it's what you're looking for.

2 months for 2 lbs is right on pace. 12lbs of muscle in a year would be a very succesful year.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Damn! I've gotten stronger. I've been doing only bent over BB rows for a long time now and nothing else besides pull ups. I decided to do one arm rows today. Last time I did them I finished at 100 for 4. Today I did the following:

80x10
85x8
95x6
110x8
120x6

I had 130s and maybe 140s in me probably too. Gosh, I did not expect that. Old man gains!

SeanR1221

You can even link it with runkeeper now and it automatically adds any runkeeper activity for you. Love it.

Sedentary levels and then accounting for activity just makes more sense to me than any "assumed" activity level.

But don't you feel like MFP way underestimates calories burned strength training?

My heart rate monitor estimate was way higher than the default calories burned for an hour of strength training. I think MFP puts you in for like 200 calories burned in an hour of lifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom