• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exokell

Banned
broke up with my girl and now I'm the one whose fucking depressed... gonna fucking start working out like crazy and posting my pic somewhere she could see it.
No more laziness with ab work outs, so pissed. lol

Petrie

Banned
broke up with my girl and now I'm the one whose fucking depressed... gonna fucking start working out like crazy and posting my pic somewhere she could see it.

This attitude confuses me. My motivation always came from wanting to be hotter for my girl. Not as some revenge tactic. Meh

Exokell

Banned
This attitude confuses me. My motivation always came from wanting to be hotter for my girl. Not as some revenge tactic. Meh
well its a better motivation than looking hotter for your girl, I did that. Bad emotions give you more inspiration.

Yea bro that motivation wont last long. Being healthy and fit should be your motivation not revenge

Eat more, read the ss chapter on the press, remember to squeeze your glutes and abs hard as you press with lats locked down, get enough rest, micro load and you will eventually have to stagger your workload. Maybe a 5x5 one day then a 3x3 heavier later that week. Do it first.

I'll keep your advice in mind, especially regarding the glutes and abs, thanks! I'm 5'7" and weigh 152.8, but suffered a lot of strength loss to get to this weight; intentionally lost 18 pounds about 2 months ago by dieting and playing basketball.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Quick, help!

Name t-shirts that make your biceps POP. I need to do a little shopping and I should treat myself right.

Treat yo self

SeanR1221

Quick, help!

Name t-shirts that make your biceps POP. I need to do a little shopping and I should treat myself right.

Treat yo self

Target Mossimo V Necks

Only 8-10.00. Part cotton, part Poly so they don't stretch like 100% cotton and they're typically pretty tight around the arm.

Bowser

Quick, help!

Treat yo self

I haven't received my shirt from here yet, but I like a lot of the designs from Omar Isuf's Raskol line: http://omarisuf.myshopify.com/ and judging from their Instagram their shirts look to be fairly fitted: http://instagram.com/raskolapparel

My first purchase which should be arriving in a few days:

10536773_10204558924599367_1535319171_n_2048x2048.jpg

CrankyJay

Banned
Well now I'm depressed. I'm already dieting and my fat ass managed to completely crack the metal frame holding the chair to the base. Lol. Chair is only a year old and just out of warranty.

AIblCwa.jpg

Zero2kz

Well now I'm depressed. I'm already dieting and my fat ass managed to completely crack the metal frame holding the chair to the base. Lol. Chair is only a year old and just out of warranty.

AIblCwa.jpg

If it makes you feel any better, those types of chairs are usually pretty shitty.

Sadetar

I have been gone from the thread couple days and now there is around ten new pages to catch up with! My little sister and niece were in the town so I have been entertaining them. I still managed to stick with my work out routines and good eating habits for the most part, but didn't have any extra time to check this. Admittedly I have missed my eye candy thread. ;)

You likely lost some retained water weight. Congrats! The dizziness from standing up is because your blood pressure is low. Supplement with iron (take a multi every day just in case) and be careful that you are getting enough food to keep energy levels up.
Thanks for the reply sweetie!

My iron levels should be quite alright or at least my hemoglobine has always been something between 150-165 which is somewhat high for a female. But I actually need to keep better track of what I am eating since I have once in a while missed lunch or dinner. Damn I have run out of Quest bars (couple left, but they are not available). Those were so handy to have around. I need to order more of them during weekend. Just waiting to make a Quest bar flavour swapping with Rabbidweed on Saturday. I also promise that I'll try to sweet talk him to have couple epic Finnish FitGAF photos with me (we'll see how well that goes...). :D

Also good to know that the dizziness most likely isn't anything too bad. :D

I broke my freaking toe last week by dropping a 45 lb. plate on it. I can't catch a break. Between my tennis elbow and this, the exercises I can perform are minimal. Maybe I can still GM... Maybe.
Awwww. Poor babe. Hopefully you will get better soon!

Hey guys, just wanted to check in with like minded gaffers. Im 35 years, been lifting for 22 years now. I was into Athletics in my younger years but after finding the weight room i never left.

Did the Personal trainer thing for a couple of years and now i run a small supplement web shop in Norway.

I just like to train hard and eat right. Oh and i love Ben&Jerry´s!
Hahah, after that post I like you already! <3

You're on the FallingEdge train then! It ain't all bad! You can't argue with numbers!

I do notice the less I post in here the shittier my diet is. Maybe that's the key...maybe this thread will solve my dieting woes!
This thread is awesome motivation for me as well. Hahah, like said many times, I am madly in loved with all of you sweetie pies in here. This place have made my working outs and losing fat so much easier! ^_^

Hahah, I don't know what you suck or who sucks you, but damn you do look delicious.

I'm a fan of the Cheddar and Sour Cream flavor, they go great with guacamole. Can't believe how much protein they pack in those chips.
I so need to try these out, but I actually haven't found them anywhere that would ship to Finland.

Im 189cm, 87-88kg with sub 10% bodyfat. I have (way too many) pictures up on my instagram for those curious http://instagram.com/themrmuscle I do like to stay as lean as possible.

D5CC18A0-384E-4183-BABF-C04FEDB5A9A8_zpsdgpcu5mb.jpg
My, oh my.

After this post I think I like you even more. :p

I might be slightly drooling over my laptop at the moment.

Once upon a time I was a twig who couldn't even do knee pushups. And then I became morbidly obese and couldn't climb a flight of stairs without turning purple and wanting to die. It took losing a human being's worth of weight and then an additional year of negatives and stepping on resistance bands before I could finally do the triviality of an unassisted pullup. If I had cared constantly about what the guy next to me was doing I would have felt like absolute shit 24/7 and never would have gotten anywhere. Some people have great genetics, some people have been working at it for a long time and may have even started somewhere similar. It doesn't matter. Those people aren't you. You are you, and you're starting where you are.

Fuck what other people think, and fuck what other people are doing. This is your journey. Every step you take is a step closer to your goals and a boost in your confidence. Just do it.
I don't know how I have managed to miss this or at least not have any recollection of this what so ever. Sounds like absolutely magnificent work cutie. Do you have any progress photos by any chance?

I also heartily agree with you there - you work out for yourself so better stop comparing yourself to anybody else or trying to think what they may think about you while you work out.

Thanks fitness gaf fuck u give some good motivation <3 it's 11pm now so I'm going tomorrow after work. I'll check in here in this thread. Wish me luck dudes and dudettes love u all <3
Awwwww! <3

Whatever POSTING SHIT ANYWAY.

This is probably my favorite super cut IG pic, but it's a little much for some people. lol
Hahaha, that photo is just so golden. :p

Yay!
thumb.png

I just accomplished the single hardest thing I've ever done in a gym.
I am so very proud of you honey! Attaboy!

No Love

Banned
gap plain v neck shirts

To add onto this: If Costco still has them (I know other stores do), buy a 3-pack or 4-pack of Calvin Klein plain t-shirts. The fitment is amazing, they're super comfortable, they look good, and they show everything off really well. It's like $15 for 3 I think.

Matugi

Quick, help!

Treat yo self

I just got a couple of shirts from the Ralph Lauren outlet for like, $15. They shrunk but cuff my biceps tight anyway. They're a little short for my liking in the sleeve but not quite metrosexual short.

nynt9

Ok so I've been training for a while (more than a year?) but I can't get rid of my belly fat. I lost a bunch of other fat and gained some muscle but the belly stays. Also I seem to have shoulder problems so I can never seem to do pushups properly.

So my goals are: build pushup strength. lose belly fat.

My info:

Height: 185cm (about 6 feet)
Weight: 76kg (167.5 lbs)
Goal: build pushup strength. lose belly fat.
Current Training Schedule: Focus T25 + presses and curls every other day until failure
Current Training Equipment Available: dumbells, olympic bar, barbell, resistance band
Comments: pull-up bars don't work in my place unfortunately.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Ok so I've been training for a while (more than a year?) but I can't get rid of my belly fat. I lost a bunch of other fat and gained some muscle but the belly stays. Also I seem to have shoulder problems so I can never seem to do pushups properly.

My info:

Current Training Schedule: Focus T25 + presses and curls every other day until failure
Current Training Equipment Available: dumbells, olympic bar, barbell, resistance band
Diet is the culprit. I assume calories need to be decreased and protein increased.

nynt9

Diet is the culprit. I assume calories need to be lower and protein increased.

I eat about 3000-4000 calories below my TDEE every week (assuming my calculations are correct, but I am quite conservative in my estimates). And I eat most of my calories from protein and whole foods. I did lose weight, but the belly persists. It's not huge, but it's the only noticeable fat on my body.

My info:

Belly fat is pretty much usually the last to go. I feel your pain too my belly is the only thing left to tone up :(

As far as shoulder problems try to do shoulder mobility exercises such as face pulls or shoulder dislocations.

Some shoulder band exercises

Shoulder dislocations

Cooter

I eat about 3000-4000 calories below my TDEE every week. And I eat most of my calories from protein and whole foods. I did lose weight, but the belly persists. It's not huge, but it's the only noticeable fat on my body.
Go lower. Monitor. Tinker with your carbs. It's trial and error. There's no textbook formula. Everyone has a different optimization for losing fat.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Ugh. How do you guys who eat 3500+ calories manage to do it? I was doing pretty good on the weight gain front for the first like 6 months, but have been stalling ever since. I tried to up my calories a bit to 3000, but clearly that doesn't seem to be enough. It's getting pretty difficult!

J. Bravo

4 sushi rolls, half a bag of chips, 24oz of fruit smoothie, 5 beers, and two hot dogs later. not as hungry. fuckin weed + squats man.

Cooter

4 sushi rolls, half a bag of chips, 24oz of fruit smoothie, 5 beers, and two hot dogs later. not as hungry. fuckin weed + squats man.
My appetite is legendary if I smoke. Take what you had and multiply it by three or four. Luckily those times are few and far between.

Leeness

Strength yoga tonight.

Kill me tho. I've been so bloated the last few days, it's agony. Like two extra inches on my waist bloated. It's horrible.

Ashodin

Why is this the extent of your contributions to the thread? At the very least post what you're doing or even videos. If all you post is various variations of the quoted post, you will simply become white noise.

I'm sorry sir if this offends you, sir, I'll try to post more sir

I did some Arm Curls at 70, 80, 90 lbs each at 15 reps.

Then I did some barbell press of 90lbs and 100lbs 15 reps each.

Then I did crunches at 100 lbs per crunch, 45 reps total (15 each)

Then, Cardio!

sphinx

the piano man
Target Mossimo V Necks

Only 8-10.00. Part cotton, part Poly so they don't stretch like 100% cotton and they're typically pretty tight around the arm.

this is vanity but if a shirt stretches from the arms after 1 or 2 washes, I am not using it again. my arms are small as they are to have some crap shirt making them look worse, lol.

ldcommando

Banned
Ugh. How do you guys who eat 3500+ calories manage to do it? I was doing pretty good on the weight gain front for the first like 6 months, but have been stalling ever since. I tried to up my calories a bit to 3000, but clearly that doesn't seem to be enough. It's getting pretty difficult!

Larger meals.I have this huge ass plate I use for ridiculous sized meals. If you can´t eat more in a meal then add more meals. Makes it easier but its more time consuming. You got to find what works for you.

MrMuscle

Great physique! I naturally maintain around 12-14% but have never been down to around 10%. Thanks for the article - i'll give those principles a try!

Thanks man. Yeah i recommend checking it out, when thinking about it it just makes sense to eat that way.

Gonna give that biorhythm thing a try. I usually have my fattier stuff at night. Could easily do that in the morning.

Let me know what you think!

Hahah, after that post I like you already! <3

My, oh my.

After this post I think I like you even more. :p

I might be slightly drooling over my laptop at the moment.

Haha thanks, its that Ben&Jerry´s! My freezer always looks like this come saturday!

E26C49CD-32D2-4CC0-A10F-B73788DC3367_zps6m3a8fw6.jpg

MrMuscle

how the fuck am I supposed to eat 120g of protein on ~2000 calories ?

Hm, do you mean you are having a hard time finding foods with enough protein or what? Because 120g protein is only 480 calories. You should have "plenty" of calories to dole out on fat and carbs afterwards.

cacophony

Hm, do you mean you are having a hard time finding foods with enough protein or what? Because 120g protein is only 480 calories. You should have "plenty" of calories to dole out on fat and carbs afterwards.

pretty much. what are the best high protein, low calorie foods beside meats?

MrMuscle

pretty much. what are the best high protein, low calorie foods beside meats?

Im probably not telling you anything you didnt allready know, but my staples are:

- Chicken breast
- Turkey breast
- Fish
- Eggs
- Ground lean beef
- Cottage cheese
- Low fat quark
- Protein powders

But when eating low calories i tend to stick with food over powders and "liquids" like quark and cottage cheese. Or else hunger might become an issue.

Zoe

Are any of those body fat measuring devices for sale in Amazon accurate? I downloaded an app that has me measure around my navel, but that varies a ton depending on time of day, plus I just started taking creatine so I'm retaining water. I'd love to be able to track bf % so I know the weight I'm gaining is mostly muscle.

I've been on a 1200-1500 calorie diet so long that I'm paranoid that jumping to 2000-2200 to aid strength growth is going to make me fat. (I'm 5'9 and at my thinnest about 150, up to 161 after starting lifting).

They're good for tracking progress if you use them right, but if you're already low fat it may not work well.

SeanR1221

this is vanity but if a shirt stretches from the arms after 1 or 2 washes, I am not using it again. my arms are small as they are to have some crap shirt making them look worse, lol.

Most of mine are fine out of the wash, but the arms stretch throughout the day. Total vanity thing, I know. I just prefer the feel of 100% cotton to cotton poly blends, so I tend to wear the ones that stretch instead of the ones that squeeze your arms anyway

Matugi

Decided to cut the EC short. Was starting to get some adrenal fatigue so I thought enough was enough. Gonna ween off the caffeine over the course of the next week, but gonna keep up my cut until I hit 150 (sitting at about 152 right now). The last part has been pretty rough just because I've lost a ton of strength in my legs due to not being able to really work them for 3 weeks now, and the injury makes them weak regardless. Managed to move from around 16-17% body fat down to around 13ish% so I'm pretty happy with that. Abs show under the right conditions, but really it wasn't as much about getting the abs to show as it was a regulatory thing so I can start off with a clean slate on a powerlifting routine.

SeanR1221

Then, Cardio!

agrajag

Banned

Then, Cardio!

What does this mean?

SeanR1221

how the fuck am I supposed to eat 120g of protein on ~2000 calories ?

3 Costco turkey burgers are 105g of protein and 600 calories.

3 scoops of whey is about 75-100g depending on scoop size and around 450-500 calories

2 cans of tuna is 70g protein and 300 calories

16ounces of skinless chicken is 100g protein and 450 calories.

Basically, it's very easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom