• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

I assume he means one of those weird ab machines?

images

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh. That looks a little nuts. I'll stick with not focusing on my abs, period. It shows :|

sphinx

the piano man
well.....I came back to mexico like 5 days ago.

.- scale says I am down on weight
.- mom says my gut is bigger :-(
.- 2 friends said I look more solid/muscled (without me asking them)

lesson: don't pay attention to external sources and go and do your thing. hehe

What does this mean?

I don't know what it means either. Elaborate?

this has to be a machine exercise, there's a shitton of crappy machines for abs.

EDIT: beaten

those machines you guys posted are so fucking bad, worse than crunches.

sphinx

the piano man
for abdominal area I prefer all those exercises with raising legs, like this one (there are plenty of variations.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP27kBX-zfk&feature=youtu.be

and I personally like situps on a decline bench, don't know if they have a bad rep because of possible back problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhGU5cmNZds

by the way, what's the consensus regarding this scott hermann guy? youtube will suggest him very often, even more than Mike Chang.

for upper ab area, I still haven't found anything that hits that part better than good'ol crunches :S if there's anything, I'd like to know

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Question for people who use protein shakes, ive been using the GOLD Whey 100% protein shake and noticed it makes me feel physically sick, which is strange, I dont throw up but its not a pleasant feeling at all and lasts for a few hours. Has anyone heard of this? I wonder if its just this brand or the ingredients in general.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Question for people who use protein shakes, ive been using the GOLD Whey 100% protein shake and noticed it makes me feel physically sick, which is strange, I dont throw up but its not a pleasant feeling at all and lasts for a few hours. Has anyone heard of this? I wonder if its just this brand or the ingredients in general.

Hmm interesting. Have you had a reaction at all with any other brands or just ON? Not that I'm advocating it (because I'm not) have you tried soy protein to see if you have the same reaction? Maybe it's the particular flavor you bought, have you tried other flavas of ON?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Hmm interesting. Have you had a reaction at all with any other brands or just ON? Not that I'm advocating it (because I'm not) have you tried soy protein to see if you have the same reaction? Maybe it's the particular flavor you bought, have you tried other flavas of ON?

So I used this a few months ago and had a similar reaction with the chocolate version, but I didnt think it was the whey as I had some bad physical problems that could account for it, I thought it was just a coincidence. I started it recently with the strawberry in good health and this nausea started again and it was completely out of the blue and has gone since I stopped. Again it could be a coincidence but its the only thing that has changed in my diet.

This is the first one i tried, it was recommended here in the thread, id be open to trying more but I just wondered if this was a thing or not. You mention soy, I dont drink milk because it affects my stomach, but dairy in general is fine, I suppose I could try some of those, I also hear you can take pills too?

Bowser

Odd. I don't have trouble with ON, but everyone has their own quirks. Have you tried Egg Protein? This is the one that Derek Howes (of dhftns.com) uses: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00166D8TW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ingredient list:

51hru-tIKyL.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What does this mean?

It means he has no idea what he's doing even though he's gotten advice from here several times.

He should probably spend more time reading the op or some training manuals and less time posting "OOOOH YEAH, WORKING GLUTES! #BEASTMODE"

NH Apache

Banned
I have the exact reaction to whey. This is why I have to use egg or the current one I use is the paleo protein (a mix of beef and eggs protein).

Downside is you get less grams per scoop and it's like 36 bucks for 2lbs.

Also, to be more specific, I can tolerate cheese, ice cream, etc. But whey demolishes me; I don't always throw up, but my stomach goes to shit.

Mr Cola

Great to know its not just me, thanks alot for the help guys, ill try out the paleo one linked and report back.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
broke up with my girl and now I'm the one whose fucking depressed... gonna fucking start working out like crazy and posting my pic somewhere she could see it.
No more laziness with ab work outs, so pissed. lol

Ehhhhhh, that won't work. This is a change in lifestyle and mentality. Not some cheap fling that you do for a week.

Well now I'm depressed. I'm already dieting and my fat ass managed to completely crack the metal frame holding the chair to the base. Lol. Chair is only a year old and just out of warranty.

AIblCwa.jpg

Its okay to be cranky. It happens to the best of us.

GOMAD really does work!

FluffyPeacefulHochstettersfrog.gif

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA I NEED TO DO THIS!

Strength yoga tonight.

Kill me tho. I've been so bloated the last few days, it's agony. Like two extra inches on my waist bloated. It's horrible.

Are you eating right? Once I shifted to 2000 calories and working out, I feel hungry most of the time but full at the same time, odd feeling but never bloated.

3 Costco turkey burgers are 105g of protein and 600 calories.

3 scoops of whey is about 75-100g depending on scoop size and around 450-500 calories

2 cans of tuna is 70g protein and 300 calories

16ounces of skinless chicken is 100g protein and 450 calories.

Basically, it's very easy to do.

Stealing all of this again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ever just look at someone doing an exercise incorrectly at the gym? I mean just watch and not do a thing...

I never ever speak up because 1: it ain't my place and 2: there may be a reason why they're not and 3: it ain't my place and 4: I don't want to meet people because I'm a shut-in

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ever just look at someone doing an exercise incorrectly at the gym? I mean just watch and not do a thing...

There's two things possibly happening. They are doing it incorrectly, or they are doing something you don't understand/know about.

Usually it's better to keep to yourself unless they look like they are in danger.

There's been many times someone posts in here making fun of someone they saw only for it t backfire when they get shown it's an actual exercise.

Mr Croft

There's two things possibly happening. They are doing it incorrectly, or they are doing something you don't understand/know about.

Usually it's better to keep to yourself unless they look like they are in danger.

There's been many times someone posts in here making fun of someone they saw only for it t backfire when they get shown it's an actual exercise.

I dont think the leg curl should be used for arms....

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Ground Lamb Burgers for dinner. CAN'T WAIT.

Also after work, gonna meet up with a body building friend of mine to talk macros, goals, routine, etc. Pretty excited to hear what he has to say and his thoughts on it all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ground Lamb Burgers for dinner. CAN'T WAIT.

Also after work, gonna meet up with a body building friend of mine to talk macros, goals, routine, etc. Pretty excited to hear what he has to say and his thoughts on it all.

"You should bulk"

Wave goodbye at the FallingEdge Cut Train, it never arrived at the station in the first place :p

agrajag

Banned
People don't like to be corrected, it makes them feel embarrassed. I usually mind my own business at the gym, especially knowing that my own technique is far from perfect and the numbers I put up are miniscule.

Matugi

Hit some golf balls with no pain today, even with some whipping from mis-hits. Torque around my spine is fine, only test left really is compressive load. Kinda tested it when I had to pick up a probably 35 pound bucket of balls, deadlift style. No strain at all except a little on the drop, but that was from bending at the waist as opposed to RDLing it down. Just gotta to either commit to dropping the bar or RDLing it down when I get back to lifting, as opposed to putting it down like a lever. It's progress, though. Hopefully I'll be back in ten days or so.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Light squats today. Light RDLs Saturday. Skipping all legs next week until my DL attempt on Friday. Time to start preparing and visualizing 530 going up!

"You should bulk"

Wave goodbye at the FallingEdge Cut Train, it never arrived at the station in the first place :p

heh, hey now! I think I look much better now than I did at this point last year and earlier this year!

And I consider this guy to be a friend but we really only talked in the gym. Gave me tips here and there and said he can hook me up on supplements since he is sponsored. He's a big guy and obviously knows what he is talking about. I am curious if this convo will be him legit trying to help or if he might be trying to get me to sign up for all sorts of mumbo jumbo. I wouldn't mind getting an actual personal trainer though. Just gonna go in with an open mind and go from there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
heh, hey now! I think I look much better now than I did at this point last year and earlier this year!

And I consider this guy to be a friend but we really only talked in the gym. Gave me tips here and there and said he can hook me up on supplements since he is sponsored. He's a big guy and obviously knows what he is talking about. I am curious if this convo will be him legit trying to help or if he might be trying to get me to sign up for all sorts of mumbo jumbo. I wouldn't mind getting an actual personal trainer though. Just gonna go in with an open mind and go from there.

You know it's only jokes my friend!

Ashodin

Nah guys it's an ab crunch machine. You know, the one they have at the apartment gym I can go to.

Like des
Ab_Crunch_-_Machine2.jpg

Today is squats and barbells! I'll get that squat vid.

Nah guys it's an ab crunch machine. You know, the one they have at the apartment gym I can go to.

Like des
Ab_Crunch_-_Machine2.jpg

Please god no stop doing those crunches. You're better off doing planks ot using an ab wheel like this
0002264300821_500X500.jpg

to strengthen your core. Those crunches will only mess up your lumbar spine

agrajag

Banned

Like des
Ab_Crunch_-_Machine2.jpg

You're better off doing proper sit ups than bothering with that machine imo. And I, personally, don't do any ab exercises when I'm going to be doing squats the next day. I don't want my core to be fatigued when it should be strong during squats. I might be wrong on this though, I'd like some experienced lifters to chime in.

blackflag

yep I was doing shrugs on the barbell Tbar row sled...Someone came up to me and was like you aint even doing it right. Of course the guy was like 150.....

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks man! Will integrate this into my apartment gym days.

In all honesty, man, you should drop all of the bullshit machines and put together a proper calisthenics routine for your non-gym days. Pick up a copy of Convict Conditioning and follow the progression routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom