• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

Going to do my strength work out today. Will try with all my might to use 10s as much as possible without breaking my arms.

Only 27 days till my trip. Have to buckle down as much as I can without killing myself. No bad eats, work out every day as much as possible.

Sadetar

FitnessGAF is actually generally nicer to stop by compared to when I was here last year. What happen to that really abrasive/asshole guy who used to post here. Peter I think? What would he think about all Ashodin's "whoooo I did a thing correctly maybe" and sweetiepies.
Hahha, well, this place has been overly friendly and polite as long as I remember (which admittedly isn't not at all that long).

Petrie? Not saying that he is an asshole but man, he did make me lol more than a couple times with some of his replies. I miss him. If it is not him, ignore what I´ve just said.
If he is referring to Petrie, I think he is around. Didn't he post just couple pages ago? He seems like a nice fellow though.

I get, "Ugh, you look bulky. I much prefer you when you're scrawny.". She really hates muscled guys. Tough shit I guess. /shrug
I get this from women every once in awhile. It can be a little disheartening but I try to remember that everyone has different preferences and doesn't like guys who are lifting. Plus I'm doing this for me, not for anyone else.
Awww, poor babes.
I like men with muscles though, if that makes you feel any better... ^_^

I am not even bulky and I am really not even trying to be, but yet, like I have mentioned in here, I have got comments from men saying that "your legs look intimidating" and "when I look at your legs I am thinking that those would crush my head if I would go down on you". Also comments that "I don't like too muscular chicks" are quite common. And like said, I am not even muscular or anything. Just trying to lose some fat and wanting to look sexy when naked. So yeah... ugh. I need to keep in mind that I do this for myself so I would feel good about myself and be healthy - I still don't really appreciate those comments. But yeah, just keep going and do what feels right for you.

ldcommando

Banned
If he is referring to Petrie, I think he is around. Didn't he post just couple pages ago? He seems like a nice fellow though.

Yes, he did. But he used to post way, way more. And hey, I got nothing against the guy, I did find his style of replying "entertaining".

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe he meant peterb0y? I don't recall him being an asshole, either, but he hasn't been around in the Fitness OT for a while.

Ashodin

Alright done with the gym, I'll upload the squat vid and you can rip me a new one.

Looking over it, I'm getting low (high bar squat) but I'm not sure if it's low enough

Unlike last time, I'm not wearing my shoes (just socks) for total foot connection to the floor. There was no "foot rocking" like I did before, which is awesome!

Sadetar

Going to do my strength work out today. Will try with all my might to use 10s as much as possible without breaking my arms.

Only 27 days till my trip. Have to buckle down as much as I can without killing myself. No bad eats, work out every day as much as possible.
Honey, moderate work outs are better than too much. Don't overwork your body. Let it rest and remember to give it enough energy or you are only doing more harm than good.

On the other note, I remember that you said a while back that you can't do blanks. If I remember correctly have you tried doing the easier version of blanks meaning you would have your legs on the floor from knee down? I would recommend you doing those. Like a set of three. You could do one as long as you can keep the form clean then have like a minute rest and do another as long as you can, then rest and then do the third one.

Also an easy way to work with your core is to take that doggy style position (what on Earth you call it, anyways, like you are in your all fours like someone would fuck you from behind) and then kinda suck your tummy in in a way that you would wear too small jeans. When holding that position, not letting your back to curve at all, you could lift your right hand and left leg at the same time. Then put those back down and then left hand and right leg up and back down. And so forth. I am sure you are familiar with those moves if you understood anything about my very tired text. You can do those and side blanks basicly every day if you want to. Every other day would be splendid as well.

Core muscles are really important especially if you think ever having babies. Plus thight core muscles make sex even more pleasurable so I recommend working with them.

...And if you are fine with blanks and my memory just fails me just forget everything I wrote. :p

Sadetar

Yes, he did. But he used to post way, way more. And hey, I got nothing against the guy, I did find his style of replying "entertaining".
Oh and no, I wasn't saying you had anything against him. I was just wondering who he was referring and that if it is Petrie, he certainly is around. :)

Leeness

Honey, moderate work outs are better than too much. Don't overwork your body. Let it rest and remember to give it enough energy or you are only doing more harm than good.

On the other note, I remember that you said a while back that you can't do blanks. If I remember correctly have you tried doing the easier version of blanks meaning you would have your legs on the floor from knee down? I would recommend you doing those. Like a set of three. You could do one as long as you can keep the form clean then have like a minute rest and do another as long as you can, then rest and then do the third one.

Also an easy way to work with your core is to take that doggy style position (what on Earth you call it, anyways, like you are in your all fours like someone would fuck you from behind) and then kinda suck your tummy in in a way that you would wear too small jeans. When holding that position, not letting your back to curve at all, you could lift your right hand and left leg at the same time. Then put those back down and then left hand and right leg up and back down. And so forth. I am sure you are familiar with those moves if you understood anything about my very tired text. You can do those and side blanks basicly every day if you want to. Every other day would be splendid as well.

Core muscles are really important especially if you think ever having babies. Plus thight core muscles make sex even more pleasurable so I recommend working with them.

...And if you are fine with blanks and my memory just fails me just forget everything I wrote. :p

Must overwork. Only 27 days left. :(

Haha fuck planks and push ups man. I do them on my knees, yeah. Barely. I never thought of doing the opposite arm/leg things though as a substitute for side planks. Will do that. :)

Yeah, I have the worst core. :( But no babies or sex, so don't need to strengthen for that haha. My strength yoga helps, and I think I'll have to do the yoga core moves every night (half-boat and full boat) even when I don't do the yoga routine. I can definitely feel those working my core.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
So my gym just added a giant ass machine just to work your neck.

Because "Waiting forever to use one of the two flat benches or squat racks sucks, but you know what this place really needs is an enormous neck machine", said no one at my gym ever.

Piecake

Haha fuck planks and push ups man. I do them on my knees, yeah. Barely. I never thought of doing the opposite arm/leg things though as a substitute for side planks. Will do that. :)

Yeah, I have the worst core. :( But no babies or sex, so don't need to strengthen for that haha. My strength yoga helps, and I think I'll have to do the yoga core moves every night (half-boat and full boat) even when I don't do the yoga routine. I can definitely feel those working my core.

I know it is counter-intuitive, but less is more. You arent going to see as good results if you kill your body. You need to give yourself time to rest. You will see better results that way.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I'll ever understand gym machines. Seem like such a waste of space.

ldcommando

Banned
So my gym just added a giant ass machine just to work your neck.

Because "Waiting forever to use one of the two flat benches or squat racks sucks, but you know what this place really needs is an enormous neck machine", said no one at my gym ever.

Had to google image that one. Looks like a sound investment.

Sadetar

Ah, my text wasn't as clear as I hoped it would be. It is not a replacement for side planks, I recommend you to do those as well, but it is a nice and easy move, if blanks seem to be too hard on you sometimes. Also when you do side planks (good way to work your inner corset) you can keep your legs on floor from the knee down, if being on your toes would be too challenging in the beginning. I am sure you will work your way to normal push ups and planks if you just keep at it.

Oh and those yoga things will do miracles! Splendid!

Plus your core can never be as shitty as mine was like a year or two ago. I used to wear a corset basicly every day because I was vain and utterly stupid. When I came back into senses and stopped using it, you can only imagine that I had like zero core muscles and needed to built them back again. Now I can still do like 1,5 minutes normal planks, regular side planks and so forth, so if I have managed to do it, so can you. You just need the right attitude to work for it and ditch those ideas that you can't do something.

Also like our adorable Piecake here said, less is more. You need your rest!

Zoe

Those won't hit the same areas as side planks. You can still put a knee down when doing the side.

Pathos

Banned
Was trying to do 1x5 of 335 lbs for DLs when I realized that my form is fucking up, my hips keep rising early. Gonna have to deload and work on my hip drive

"when I look at your legs I am thinking that those would crush my head if I would go down on you"

Take it as a compliment. If I'm going to go, being crushed by a woman's thighs has to be pretty damn high up there on the list.

(I'll be honest, it was pretty much the first thing I noticed in your pics!)

Ashodin

OKay video is delayed because I'm dumb and didn't realize my phone wanted WiFi to upload it (I often turn it off to stop it connecting to random networks nearby)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
squat vid. lemme know about form and whatnot. i think it's alright, but given the volume of squatting i do, anything that would help me is much appreciated.

http://1drv.ms/1pFc5Hh

it's 280. last working set of 5x7.

All that stood out to me is that a little more depth might be good on some of those. I don't think you ever didn't hit parallel, but I just prefer going lower. To me, your torso looked like you were doing low-bar, but it looks like you're doing high-bar. I've never really done high-bar, so I can't comment too much on that, though.

Also, for a few of those you weren't doing the full range of motion all the way up to the top. Your core looks tight, though, so that's good!

Imm0rt4l

FitnessGAF is actually generally nicer to stop by compared to when I was here last year. What happen to that really abrasive/asshole guy who used to post here. Peter I think? What would he think about all Ashodin's "whoooo I did a thing correctly maybe" and sweetiepies.

I agree that its become less insular. I've never been a fan of the lol @ your lack of strength attitude, unless they're really asking for it. No reason to shit on people trying to better themselves.

Leeness

I know it is counter-intuitive, but less is more. You arent going to see as good results if you kill your body. You need to give yourself time to rest. You will see better results that way.

I know...but I feel like I should :(

Ah, my text wasn't as clear as I hoped it would be. It is not a replacement for side planks, I recommend you to do those as well, but it is a nice and easy move, if blanks seem to be too hard on you sometimes. Also when you do side planks (good way to work your inner corset) you can keep your legs on floor from the knee down, if being on your toes would be too challenging in the beginning. I am sure you will work your way to normal push ups and planks if you just keep at it.

Oh and those yoga things will do miracles! Splendid!

Plus your core can never be as shitty as mine was like a year or two ago. I used to wear a corset basicly every day because I was vain and utterly stupid. When I came back into senses and stopped using it, you can only imagine that I had like zero core muscles and needed to built them back again. Now I can still do like 1,5 minutes normal planks, regular side planks and so forth, so if I have managed to do it, so can you. You just need the right attitude to work for it and ditch those ideas that you can't do something.

Also like our adorable Piecake here said, less is more. You need your rest!

Ooh, okay. Fair enough. I will do lots of lame half plank things to change it up. But lol, a half plank is so hard, I can barely do 30 seconds and my arms and stomach and everything shake so hard.

Those won't hit the same areas as side planks. You can still put a knee down when doing the side.

Oh. :( I do halfish ones with a knee down but they feel like they don't do much. I feel like my core does more when I'm just trying to hold in my stupid half plank.

Leeness look up rapid fat loss diet. I think its by lyle MacDonald. Might be what you want.

I am tempted...but if I crash diet, I am guessing it will yoyo and I'll just gain more back... And I don't want to do that. :( Thank you though.

Sadetar

Take it as a compliment. If I'm going to go, being crushed by a woman's thighs has to be pretty damn high up there on the list.

(I'll be honest, it was pretty much the first thing I noticed in your pics!)
Hahahah, this thread just never disappoints. <3

Awwwww, that was actually very sweet of you to say and it definitely got a huge smile on my face. :D Thank you!

squat vid. lemme know about form and whatnot. i think it's alright, but given the volume of squatting i do, anything that would help me is much appreciated.

http://1drv.ms/1pFc5Hh
For some reason I always imagine you to be a huge black dude and every time I check a video of you, I am like, oh, it was this lad. :p Hahah, no offence. You do look good (I have no idea about the squats though).

J. Bravo

All that stood out to me is that a little more depth might be good on some of those. I don't think you ever didn't hit parallel, but I just prefer going lower. To me, your torso looked like you were doing low-bar, but it looks like you're doing high-bar. I've never really done high-bar, so I can't comment too much on that, though.

Also, for a few of those you weren't doing the full range of motion all the way up to the top. Your core looks tight, though, so that's good!

my knees were locked out which is all i cared about. i know exactly what you're talking about though and made sure to lock them. as for the low bar but doing high bar, thats been mentioned to me before. i think it has to do with my ankle and hip flexibility which is shit.

thanks a lot man.

Hahahah, this thread just never disappoints. <3

Awwwww, that was actually very sweet of you to say and it definitely got a huge smile on my face. :D Thank you!

For some reason I always imagine you to be a huge black dude and every time I check a video of you, I am like, oh, it was this lad. :p Hahah, no offence. You do look good (I have no idea about the squats though).

haha nope i'm just a small white guy :)

Exokell

Banned
I dont get the point of 1 rep deadlifts with tons of plates on it, im gonna get a headache removing and returning all that plates back.

Sadetar

haha nope i'm just a small white guy :)
It must be your avatar, now when I think of it. Hahah, and come on sweetie, I wouldn't call you small. :p

Ooh, okay. Fair enough. I will do lots of lame half plank things to change it up. But lol, a half plank is so hard, I can barely do 30 seconds and my arms and stomach and everything shake so hard.
Oh, shaking is a good sign when you do those! Just keep your core thight and do them as long as you can keep the form perfect. Then have a short rest and do another one. Like I mentioned, I recommend a set of three.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I dont get the point of 1 rep deadlifts with tons of plates on it, im gonna get a headache removing and returning all that plates back.

So, how many reps would be acceptable to you?

sphinx

the piano man

WTF.. 1 repetition maxes are freaking ONE repetition maxes, it's the most you can achieve at any given point in time.

how can you not see the value in it?

Leeness

Oh, shaking is a good sign when you do those! Just keep your core thight and do them as long as you can keep the form perfect. Then have a short rest and do another one. Like I mentioned, I recommend a set of three.

I do!

And half boat pose as well as I can.

boat-pose.jpg

Also...I'm scared to do my strength routine with the 10s... I'm going to do one more night of strength yoga I think ._.

Also there is a huge bush of blackberries by my house and I may have eaten about a thousand and my tummy hurts so I want to rest before working out lol

I don't know if weight lifting is different but please be careful with your knees. As far as I've ever done lunges and squats, I am very very careful to not let knees go past toes.

But I also don't do full weights so I could be wrong from a weight lifting view. But I know for me, knees past toes = very hard on knees.

J. Bravo

I don't get it. HOW?

What are your other lifts like?

And can you give any tips or cues you use on your deadlift? It's beastly.

he's probably like 5'6" so his 165 is a lot more muscle than our 165. not taking anything away from the lift, it's super impressive. but that's a big reason why.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Lost my wallet, found it to be at my aunt's house but have no way of making it there. No food in fridge, beg neighbor for food, I get 2 packs of top ramen. The struggle is real. Time to overtake on carbs and not repeat/lose my wallet again.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
he's probably like 5'6" so his 165 is a lot more muscle than our 165. not taking anything away from the lift, it's super impressive. but that's a big reason why.
When I get my 530 at 175 I don't want to hear he's only 5'10! ;)

Chocobro

Not going deep enough. Just wondering, what's your squat stance? How far apart are your feet?

I don't know if weight lifting is different but please be careful with your knees. As far as I've ever done lunges and squats, I am very very careful to not let knees go past toes.

But I also don't do full weights so I could be wrong from a weight lifting view. But I know for me, knees past toes = very hard on knees.
Knees going past the toes isn't a problem as it is (sometimes) necessary biomechanically, especially for the high-bar or Olympic squat. The amount of forward knee travel is very little for the low-bar squat (usually due to the wider stance width when compared to the stance width of the high-bar squat). The lifters' limb length also affects it. CanditoTrainingHQ made a video on this topic a few months ago. Squat Myth - Knees Should Never Go Over Toes
God damn. Stronk.

Ashodin

Not going deep enough. Just wondering, what's your squat stance? How far apart are your feet?

Knees going past the toes isn't a problem as it is (sometimes) necessary biomechanically, especially for the high-bar or Olympic squat. The amount of forward knee travel is very little for the low-bar squat (usually due to the wider stance width when compared to the high-bar squat). The lifters' limb length also affects it. CanditoTrainingHQ made a video on this topic a few months ago. Squat Myth - Knees Should Never Go Over Toes

God damn. Stronk.

Shoulder width, toes pointed out for better separation of thighs from stomach.

Leeness

Knees going past the toes isn't a problem as it is (sometimes) necessary biomechanically, especially for the high-bar or Olympic squat. The amount of forward knee travel is very little for the low-bar squat. The lifters' limb length also affects it. CanditoTrainingHQ made a video on this topic a few months ago. Squat Myth - Knees Should Never Go Over Toes

Okay then :D

Haha. I stand corrected. I have to be cognizant of it though because my knees are fucked enough as is. All I know is when my knees go over my toes, they crack crack crack and I end up having to ice them. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom