• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

Cutting down on my Soda intake and drinking mainly water is one of my best dietary decisions. Not because of the calories either. Just felt more refreshed getting hydrated without all that shitty sugar and caffeine.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Now now. They just can't help going to the grocery store. And the soda isle. And putting soda in your cart. And scanning it. And paying it. And unbagging it. And drinking it.
The last post I read was a guy saying he didn't buy it when grocery shopping but couldn't help going back after the fact and getting it while wasting his gas to do so. He needs a soda equivalent to AA. Soda Anonymous?

Oh and AbuC, everyone knows you inject Coke and smoke Pepsi. Sign that you're getting old.

Don't worry about it, since this was your first time lifting it won't take you very long to get to 3*8 from 3*4, a few weeks at most. Just try and add a rep to each set every time you train and when you get to 3*8 you can just follow the program as instructed.

Ah, don't know how I missed your reply, but thanks, I'll try this. I was actually able to finish one complete set yesterday, so there was a little progress at least.

Sadetar

Today I slept till 4.30 pm. Pretty peaceful and relaxed Sunday in the other words. :p I just had a 1,5 hours nordic walking and that was it. Ah, I do need days like this once in a while when I don't have any planned things and I can just be.

Also even if I ate a small slice of pizza yesterday I am definitely going to eat a bit extra this Wednesday. I am planning to do myself a small low carbonhydrate cake and feast with delicious cashew nuts. If I am feeling bold I might even do some raw chocolate to myself as well. Surprisingly I don't even grave anything extra sweet though. I think that my diet is working as it should. Good fats and loads of protein are my friends. ^_^

I skipped dinner and slept at 8:30. ._. Still sick today. Been taking cold meds and no working out again. Bleh.

Glad your nerve pain got better. And you look fucking fabulous. <3
You might seriously need the rest. :) Couple rest days here and there are only good for you. What I have been reading your posts, I think you work out way more than I do and you eat way less than I do. So sweetie pie, try to relax a bit and give your body some rest. And remember moderation with working out when you feel well enough to go back to it. Hopefully you will heal soon!

And thanks dear! Hahah, still planning to lose around 20 kilos / 44 pounds though. So yeah, this is just the beginning. :)

Sadetar killin it. And just think, you're only at the beginning of your journey. Keep it up!!
Thanks honey! And no worries, I am planning to - I can't wait to see myself after a year or two of solid working out. It is still a long way to go before I am where I want to be. I am also feeling better and better all the time, so no reason to stop. :D

Oh and you and your girl look both so fabulous. You are one awesome and happy looking couple!

I want this damn shirt
forest_large.jpg
That shirt is so brilliant! I am a huge fan of the Zelda series and if I would be able to do free weights, I would totally love to have that. :)

Make that 2, kind of...

I just ordered this: https://www.shirtpunch.com/designs/details/shredders-gym

I just have to wait until people purge the newest movie out of their memory before I can wear it in public.
Thank gods I don't have the newest movie in my system at all. That shirt is so cool! TMNT was one of the best things that came out of the telly when I was a kid.

Fucking impressive. Congrats.
Thank you! :D It has actually been easier than I would have ever imagined it to be. Of course I am working my ass of and looking what I eat, but it has been surprisingly simple to do and I in some very twisted way actually enjoy it. Hahah, also when ever I am in doubt, I come to here to whine and get myself more motivated. <3

First time poster in this threead but awesome improvement, very motivating. Great work!
Awwww, thanks for your kind words and awesome that you decided to post to here! Welcome! I am also really happy to hear, if someone finds my pics motivating! ^_^ Just stick around like a gum in the hair, follow the advices of all the wonderful people in here and you will be able to post progress pics in no time. :D

Went to Nandos and just consumed 1600+ worth of calories in chicken and sides in one sitting.

My stomache.....
Wow.

I can only imagine... :p That is more than I eat in a regular day in total. Hahah, I might be a bit jealous at the moment to be honest. :D

Same, shit, I can't even remember last time I did a pull-up. I really do need to get a pull-up bar installed in my garage.
Well, I haven't done a single pull-up in my whole life. I do have a pull-up bar in my appartment though, but I just hang there. I would rather be without it though and be able to do them. :p Oh well, just need to lose more fat and gain more muscles.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice! I'll make sure to keep referencing the OP, and I'm investigating HIIT now before I go to the gym.

I really want to run a 5k, just to say I've done it. But maybe I can work in HIIT stuff when I'm not doing distance running, like on off days? I dunno.

I think it's awesome the community you guys have built in here.
Hey honey bunny and welcome. <3 Like our adorable Cooter here already said, I am sure it would be beneficial for you to stick with us. :D This thread is just filled with motivation and knowledge and everyone is a sweetheart and people are ready to help you, if you ever feel like it.

All this weight lifting has paid off, been working with a friend that has a delivery business and he's been calling me a lot because of my ability to lift heavy ass dressers, cabinets, couches etc. and it pays incredibly well. So I have a good amount of side money thanks to it.
Good for you! :)

Felt kind of weird about it today though, this woman was trying to flirt with me while her husband was there. Kept staring at me, and said I looked like someone famous.
I was going to say it was me, but according to my understanding I don't have a husband so I must assume it was someone else. What a shame. ;)

Oh and Cooter, we must be quite near your birthday if I am counting it right. So happy delayed or advanced birthday cutie!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Anyone can recommend any HIIT? I just bike for an hour and burn calories that way but I want more of a challenge that isn't just increasing intensity/just biking.

I used to do 30 minute HIIT on the treadmill, 1 minute: run as fast as I can, next minute: walk slowly. Rinse and repeat. Should I just go back to that then?

Hiz_95

Ah, don't know how I missed your reply, but thanks, I'll try this. I was actually able to finish one complete set yesterday, so there was a little progress at least.

That's good progress man congrats :)
Going from 3*4 to at least 1*8 is a big jump, it's a bigger increase than going from 1*8 to 3*8

Anyone can recommend any HIIT? I just bike for an hour and burn calories that way but I want more of a challenge that isn't just increasing intensity/just biking.

I used to do 30 minute HIIT on the treadmill, 1 minute: run as fast as I can, next minute: walk slowly. Rinse and repeat. Should I just go back to that then?

I've been looking into this as well since I feel that doing an hour of steady cardio isn't working for me well anymore
You can find a bunch of routines online. Personally I hate the treadmill so I've been looking into elliptical HIIT, but I'm not sure if the sites I'm checking out are reliable or not :/

Cudder

If you're doing 30 minutes of HIIT, you aren't doing HIIT. Especially with 1 minute on, 1 minute off intervals.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I've been looking into this as well since I feel that doing an hour of steady cardio isn't working for me well anymore
You can find a bunch of routines online. Personally I hate the treadmill so I've been looking into elliptical HIIT, but I'm not sure if the sites I'm checking out are reliable or not :/

I don't wanna do treadmills cause the next day I gotta squat and deadlift, I wanna conserve my leg strength for the next day. Which is why I did biking, doesn't put too much strain on my legs or back.

If you're doing 30 minutes of HIIT, you aren't doing HIIT. Especially with 1 minute on, 1 minute off intervals.

So its 15 minutes of HIIT? I'm sorry, I'm still learning the ropes.

SeanR1221

The last post I read was a guy saying he didn't buy it when grocery shopping but couldn't help going back after the fact and getting it while wasting his gas to do so. He needs a soda equivalent to AA. Soda Anonymous?

Oh and AbuC, everyone knows you inject Coke and smoke Pepsi. Sign that you're getting old.

They keep saying soda addiction when it's really a caffeine addiction. Just drink black coffee with a shot of espresso. That will get your motor (and bowels) running.

SeanR1221

Gross.

I drink soda to contrast savory meals. Coffee doesn't do anything for that.

I knew this would be the next excuse.

Something along the lines of it doesn't taste good.

Honest question, where does it end? When do people have a responsibility to change their thinking and behavior?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
black coffee is delicious

yes plz

http://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Protein-Cookies-Cream-12/dp/B001UD65VE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407711704&sr=8-1&keywords=supreme+protein+cookies+%27n+cream

Has anyone tried the supreme protein bars? I'm looking to get it since its a good snack and it packs 30 grams of protein in each bar. I always end up having to make up for 30-40 grams of protein by the end of the day and I don't want another shake in addition to the 50 gram one I drink during midday.

I've had them before and they are very good but at 370 calories a piece, seems like way too much for what you are getting.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
You are welcome. Mine is Wednesday. Hahah, I was already going to say that I am older than you, but then I realized you kinda beat me with couple of years. :p
Yeah, I've got you big time and all the gray hairs in my beard prove it!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I drink diet Coke once a couple of months at work (when there's no coffee). I don't miss regular soda anymore

I'm probably the only one here who doesn't like sweet stuff. I could do without having sugar in a lot of things, unless it makes them extremely bitter/sour.

I've had them before and they are very good but at 370 calories a piece, seems like way too much for what you are getting.

Any recs then? I'm looking into Quest Bars since it has a good amount of dietary fiber, 20 grams of protein and 170 calories.

Cross post from the cosplay thread, progress pics of sorts from Otakon!

155 that morning.

lookin fresh!

Yay! Thanks darling! ^_^ Very sweet of you to say so.

I also realized that I think I haven't posted the starting point from the side. So yeah, here we go. Left is late January 2014 and right it somewhat early August 2014. Lights, place, clothes and so forth are different, but I am sure you get the general idea what is going on. :D
vertailu_vartalo_sivusta_2014_1_8.jpg

huge difference! fantastico!

I'm probably the only one here who doesn't like sweet stuff. I could do without having sugar in a lot of things, unless it makes them extremely bitter/sour.

Any recs then? I'm looking into Quest Bars since it has a good amount of dietary fiber, 20 grams of protein and 170 calories.

Quest bars are good but what about a cup of Greek Yogurt with a scoop of protein? That is an easy 40-50 g right there.

GrapeApes

http://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Protein-Cookies-Cream-12/dp/B001UD65VE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407711704&sr=8-1&keywords=supreme+protein+cookies+%27n+cream

Has anyone tried the supreme protein bars? I'm looking to get it since its a good snack and it packs 30 grams of protein in each bar. I always end up having to make up for 30-40 grams of protein by the end of the day and I don't want another shake in addition to the 50 gram one I drink during midday.
I've had the brand but not the flavor. Shit was turrible! I couldn't make it to half of the bar. I don't know if this flavor better but I'm turned off this brand forever.
Elgintensity sells them.....

I'm too much of a nice person to wear his "Crosshit" tees though lol
Speaking of Elgintensity

This account has been suspended due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, gaming, misleading content, or other Terms of Service violations.

you people have been making driving through baltimore a nightmare

Your blame is misplaced, it's the Orioles I tells ya

Don Flamenco is a wimp, you are too sexy to pull that off, haha

nice!

I did debate going as the title defense version but in the end I figured more people would recognize him from the first go-round :D

Oh, and I will say this about having shaved my legs for the first time in my life: It's DISTURBINGLY pleasant.

Sadetar

Cross post from the cosplay thread, progress pics of sorts from Otakon!

155 that morning.
I don't know the characters, but you do look damn hot on the upper pic.

Yeah, I've got you big time and all the gray hairs in my beard prove it!
Hahaha, nonsense. You look extremely edible. When I am at your age, I hope I will be even half as sexy as you are at the moment. ;)

huge difference! fantastico!
Awwwwww, thanks dear! ^_^

I have been quite happy to notice my tits haven't yet gone anywhere. I remember that one of my friends who works out only with minimal weights was saying to me earlier this year that I will end up looking like a man, if I continue doing what I am doing. I would say I look more feminine now that I did back then - I am actually slowly starting to have curves instead of rolls. :p

So my bulking hasn't started that well. I hit my target calories for the last couple of weeks and still managed to lose weight. Ahh well, I'll keep slowly adding calories until I get where I need to get.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Quest bars are good but what about a cup of Greek Yogurt with a scoop of protein? That is an easy 40-50 g right there.

I thought it was recommended to have multiple sources of protein. I have a 50 gram shake everyday and I wanna spread it out a little. Might try the yogurt when I'm desperate but that snack on the go would be heavenly.

Edit:

Just learned about which grains I should eat (obviously whole) and god damn, I can't find whole grain brown rice bread anywhere. I wanna be as lean as lean can be!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I don't mean to derail, but.....(in a nutshell):

what's the problem with that obesity thread?

I just read the first page and just posted a comment.... And I still have no idea. Maybe people don't know how to lose weight efficiently.

Edit:

Also, I think Bowser is exaggerating how tired he is from reading all the posts, practically a marathon with the number of pages to read.

ILoveBish

Finally, after eating badly since Friday night, the week is over and things can finally calm down and go back to normal. Crazy week. I ate a carb heavy meal on Friday night and gained 5.5lbs overnight, obviously it is water weight from getting kicked out of keto so doesn't bother me. Had my brothers surprise 40th bday party and of course ate everything. Will be fixing it all back up this week.

Kind of jealous of all that fridge space you have. Cant buy that much meat at once because I dont have where to keep it.

I have a large fridge and a large separate freezer, also lots of Tupperware. It's the only way I can do what I do on the budget I have. I shop at restaurant depot, buy everything in bulk, cook in bulk, etc.

On the soda addiction thing -

Ages ago, when I was about 19, I used to drink 6-7 cans of Pepsi a day some days, and an absolute minimum of 3 a day. When I stopped, I had an awful time. I was suffering constant headaches, and was always exhausted. So I do have some sympathy for people who have a hard time giving it up. But yeah, you seriously need to stop having it in the house :/

Bowser

I just read the first page and just posted a comment.... And I still have no idea. Maybe people don't know how to lose weight efficiently.

Edit:

Also, I think Bowser is exaggerating how tired he is from reading all the posts, practically a marathon with the number of pages to read.

I'm specifically referring to the back and forth between Sean and that one dude who somehow connected not being able to switch out soda for water with moving up in tax brackets. A lot of "lol wat" in that thread.

Zero2kz

I did some wellness tests at work so I can get a discount on my medical insurance. Now I am getting called multiple times a day to try to agree to having a partner call and check up on me on how my diet is going. All because of my 30 BMI when they recommend I be below 24.

I hate BMI with a passion. All of my blood work came back better than average.

Oh well. Some annoying calls here and there is worth the several hundred dollars I am saving a year I suppose.

ILoveBish

After such terrible eating this weekend and horrible sleep (didn't even sleep at my own place), I decided to hit the gym anyway for 3s week. Got all the way to my last set of 3 and could not lift it at all. Like, literally couldn't lift it in the air. I at least wanted one rep, rested up and got 190lbsx1 on overhead press. I'll take that with the conditions i'm in. I'll be sure to be ready for my next day out.

CrankyJay

Banned
I did some wellness tests at work so I can get a discount on my medical insurance. Now I am getting called multiple times a day to try to agree to having a partner call and check up on me on how my diet is going. All because of my 29 BMI when they recommend I be below 24.

I hate BMI with a passion. All of my blood work came back better than average.

Oh well. Some annoying calls here and there is worth the several hundred dollars I am saving a year I suppose.

I have to do the same but it's only 1 call from a "coach" just to go over a wellness survey I took...my food choices and exercise.

They did change up the requirements this year though and to qualify for the entire amount I have to get a physical (something we should all do every year anyway) and some blood work.

Zero2kz

I have to do the same but it's only 1 call from a "coach" just to go over a wellness survey I took...my food choices and exercise.

They did change up the requirements this year though and to qualify for the entire amount I have to get a physical (something we should all do every year anyway) and some blood work.

Our on-site blood work that we do counts as a physical. We can do it on-site or offsite with our usual physicians and just send in the results. Then we have to do a survey.

My blood work comparisons compared to last year have drastically improved.

August of last year while on my 8th month of Keto:
Triglycerides: 131 mg/dL
Total Cholesterol 207 mg/dL
HDL 58 mg/dL
LDL: 123 mg/dL
Chol to HDLC Ratio: 3.6
Glucose: 82 mg/dL
Blood Pressure: 116/70
BMI: 29.9
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 227

This year post bulk:
Triglycerides: 61 mg/dL -70 Ridiculous change
Total Cholesterol 166 mg/dL -41
HDL 59 mg/dL +1
LDL: 95 mg/dL -28
Chol to HDLC Ratio: 2.8 -.9
Glucose: 88 mg/dL +6 (Not surprised it went up since I eat more carbs now)
Blood Pressure: 110/60 -6/-10
BMI: 30.2 +.3
Height: 6'0" I apparently shrunk, must have been all the deadlifts
Weight: 223

Irobot82

Our on-site blood work that we do counts as a physical. We can do it on-site or offsite with our usual physicians and just send in the results. Then we have to do a survey.

My blood work comparisons compared to last year have drastically improved.

SNIP

May as well continue this trend. I did mine recently too

Last year was on Keto.

Triglycerides: Too low to register
Total Cholesterol 161 mg/dL
HDL 40 mg/dL
LDL: 45 mg/dL
Chol to HDLC Ratio: 4.0
Glucose: Too low to register
Blood Pressure: 112/64
BMI: 26.0
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 197

This year was coming off being lazier....

Triglycerides: 85 mg/dL +85 I have none when I keto?
Total Cholesterol 163 mg/dL +2 about the same
HDL 43 mg/dL +3 about the same
LDL: 103 mg/dL +58 I have none when I keto?
Chol to HDLC Ratio: 3.8 -.2 good
Glucose: 86 mg/dL +86 I had none on keto
Blood Pressure: 118/70 +6/+6 within average means
BMI: 28.3 +2.3
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 209 +12 I put on some weight.

So my takeaway is when I keto, my glucose, triglycerides and LDL all but disappear.

Zero2kz

May as well continue this trend. I did mine recently too

Last year was on Keto.

So my takeaway is when I keto, my glucose, triglycerides and LDL all but disappear.

Having low glucose on Keto makes sense, but I am honestly surprised by the Triglycerides. I am no doctor, but I figured they should be a bit high due to a high fat diet. Unless "healthy" fats don't raise Triglycerides?

Irobot82

Having low glucose on Keto makes sense, but I am honestly surprised by the Triglycerides. I am no doctor, but I figured they should be a bit high due to a high fat diet. Unless "healthy" fats don't raise Triglycerides?

I found it strange as well. I was eating a ton of saturated fats as wells. I ate a lot of ground beef. I'm on keto again right now, I've went from 209 to 202.2 today. I'll be getting a physical and blood work done by my doc probably next month. I'll check the results then and see how things shake up.

CrankyJay

Banned

No, refined carbohydrates will jack your triglycerides as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom