• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadTaste

Legs were feeling a bit stiff/tired today so I just did jump rope, skipped the sprints and went to abs. Tweaked my ab routine, felt really good. I think decline crushes were using my legs too much. Thanks FitGAF for the insight!

Today's ab routine:
3x30 Spider Crawls
3x30 Frog Sit Ups
Tried to Dragon Flag
3x30 Frog Kicks
Yoga Boat held for like 60s or more 3x
3x20? Hanging Leg Raises
3x20 Spellcasters
Stomach Vacuums 3x 60s

Had 2 scoops of Gold Standard Whey (Chocolate) after.
Dinner, I had a house salad w/ grilled chicken after.
Wonder how sore I'll be in the morning.

Gonna explore the front squat next ab day.

Damn and here I thought my 3 exercises for ab day was enough.

Dany

Banned
shin splints update: got new running shoes, did the trick, though I still have hte compress and ice it every night. Gonna be awhile before I get back at cardio :(

Been feeling about adding cardio after ever every other day instead of every day.

Mr. X

Damn and here I thought my 3 exercises for ab day was enough.

Quality over Quantity. I need to pick 4-5 and just do more sets but I only have 2 I like doing and feel like I feel it from; Hanging Leg Raises and Spider Crawls. I'm just exploring and trying different ones out.

Skipping sprints or the coffee I had at breakfast left me with a lot of energy too so I wanted to exhaust myself.

Cudder

Fuck!

I reset my phone today and didn't realize that I lost all of my history/data for the Stronglifts 5x5 app. I can start up again at the weight I was doing but all that data from the past 4 months of doing the program, gone. Feels shitty man.

Fuck!

I reset my phone today and didn't realize that I lost all of my history/data for the Stronglifts 5x5 app. I can start up again at the weight I was doing but all that data from the past 4 months of doing the program, gone. Feels shitty man.

I have a notebook with three years of lifting sessions recorded. I will spend an entire day someday typing it all into an Excel file just to have a backup because I'd be quite damn sad if I ever lose this book.

Szu

Quality over Quantity. I need to pick 4-5 and just do more sets but I only have 2 I like doing and feel like I feel it from; Hanging Leg Raises and Spider Crawls. I'm just exploring and trying different ones out.

Skipping sprints or the coffee I had at breakfast left me with a lot of energy too so I wanted to exhaust myself.

Eventually, I hope to read 3x10 Dragon Flags.

Chocobro

What comes to regular deadlifts I haven't yet managed to do them at all, since I am working with so low weights that I don't have plates to keep the bar high enough for those. Hard to explain, but for the time being I have been doing only Romanian DLs.

Stack up other plates until the height of the bar from the ground is where it would be if you had 45lb plates on the the bar.

Evo X

Oh man, getting a new PR is such a great feeling! Now I know why people get addicted to lifting.

Can't believe that after two months of consistent training, this is the strongest I've ever been in my life.

Downside is I keep running into mental roadblocks because of that very reason. Every time I up the weights on the bar, my mind keeps telling me "Don't do it! You've never lifted this much in your life. You're not strong enough and could get hurt!"

But after I push through it, I feel like amazing. Any tips on breaking that resistance?

sphinx

the piano man
Downside is I keep running into mental roadblocks because of that very reason. Every time I up the weights on the bar, my mind keeps telling me "Don't do it! You've never lifted this much in your life. You're not strong enough and could get hurt!"

this was me last year, word by word.

while I did get injured it was due to working out while being extremely tired and having bad form on a particular lift, not because of the weight per se.

As a novice which it sounds like you are too that isn't something i worry about. Firstly because i know i'm not at my peak yet so even though i'm breaking PR's i know i have further to go on most lifts. Secondly because i'm doing reps of 5 not 1 so i'm not going for my absolute maximum lift. On top of that you're only adding a small weight each workout so that gives you a bit more confidence.

In the end though the important thing is that you're doing the lift safely. Focus on form and have the main safety precautions in place and you should be fine (you also have to know how and when to bail from a lift). So long as i'm approaching the lifts safely and gradually increasing the weights i don't feel like there is anything to worry about. At least not until i'm lifting much bigger weights.

I'm on my last week of my 2nd mesocycle of the 5-3-1 workout. I think I want to change to a new workout, I haven't really been noticing any strength gains (haven't re-checked my ORM yet). I can hardly tell if I'm getting bigger. Maybe I'm not patient enough. Can anyone recommend a good workout to try? I'd like to cut, but prefer to clean/lean bulk and start running to burn off any extra fat.

But after I push through it, I feel like amazing. Any tips on breaking that resistance?
I keep telling myself "You WILL do this" and don't let anything else distract you (ie: "..but I've never lifted this much before")

Once you tell yourself "This is too much" or "I might not be able to do this," you just limited yourself. You got to break that limit, and tell yourself "you WILL do this." I get a lot of my motivation from CT fletcher.

My mental roadblock is thinking I have to complete the 3 sets of 5 reps and it causes performance anxiety that affects my form. So what I've been trying is always adding an extra set of 1-2 reps 10-20 lbs heavier. Since it is extra and there is no repetition I don't fear failure, plus it makes me stronger and my lighter work sets don't look as intimidating anymore.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm on my last week of my 2nd mesocycle of the 5-3-1 workout. I think I want to change to a new workout, I haven't really been noticing any strength gains (haven't re-checked my ORM yet). I can hardly tell if I'm getting bigger. Maybe I'm not patient enough. Can anyone recommend a good workout to try? I'd like to cut, but prefer to clean/lean bulk and start running to burn off any extra fat.

I keep telling myself "You WILL do this" and don't let anything else distract you (ie: "..but I've never lifted this much before")

Once you tell yourself "This is too much" or "I might not be able to do this," you just limited yourself. You got to break that limit, and tell yourself "you WILL do this." I get a lot of my motivation from CT fletcher.

CT fletcher is a shithead. Fuck that guy. And 5/3/1 is a good program you need to be more patient. You're not gonna get bigger over night. It took me 3 years of lifting before I even began to look like I touched a weight.

CT fletcher is a shithead. Fuck that guy. And 5/3/1 is a good program you need to be more patient. You're not gonna get bigger over night. It took me 3 years of lifting before I even began to look like I touched a weight.

Lol, yeah I can see why people find him a shithead, but some of his video's help me get pumped to hit the gym.

Anyway, after looking at videios/reviews, I realize 2 months of this program is definitely not enough to make/see noticeable gains. I'll definitely keep at it this program for much longer than I thought. I just need to pick/choose my assistance workouts more strategically.

sphinx

the piano man
It took me 3 years of lifting before I even began to look like I touched a weight.

this is the one motivation line I needed, and it comes from Borlic, I am happy.

sometimes is hard to understand or come to terms with the fact that things in this discipline happen over a long period of time, aesthetics or strengthwise.

The new #CheatClean, with 20 grahams of protein, is almost here.

cQkKqPr.jpg

Posted on Quest Bar's Facebook page. S'more Quest Bars are coming. RIP Brownie Quest Bar as being my favorite.

SeanR1221

One goal at a time there. And give a program that you're doing a fair shake.

And please, when doing a program stick to the program. Don't make it your own.

Just keep pushing on. This isn't a sprint.

Sadetar

Stack up other plates until the height of the bar from the ground is where it would be if you had 45lb plates on the the bar.
That hasn't even crossed my mind before. I might need to try that out one day, if I manage to go there on a time it isn't totally packed. :D With a small gym like mine, if I would try that when the gym would be full of people I am sure I would be everyone's favourite, lifting 22 pounds and still reserving every plate. :p

Today my back felt so bad I decided to go for a nordic walk instead and hopefully will go to gym tomorrow. Friday evenings are also quite quiet in there so we will see do I have time to check it tomorrow and will my spine be better. :)

cQkKqPr.jpg

Posted on Quest Bar's Facebook page. S'more Quest Bars are coming. RIP Brownie Quest Bar as being my favorite.
I have tried out nearly every Quest Bar flavour there is. Now I am excited. :p

Zero2kz

Trying out a new look. Shaved my head and I am going to continue growing the beard. The beard is only 4 weeks old, it's just a wee lil baby.

I think this increases my lifts by at least 15%

F3hzBXg.png

ACE 1991

this is the one motivation line I needed, and it comes from Borlic, I am happy.

sometimes is hard to understand or come to terms with the fact that things in this discipline happen over a long period of time, aesthetics or strengthwise.

It ain't true for everyone I'm learning, genetics are really a huge deal when it comes to strength/muscle, unfortunately. Everyone has those friends that eat like shit and don't do a proven routine and get yolked in a year, I know I do. I'm coming to terms that I'm never really going to have awesome looking arms/chest.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It ain't true for everyone I'm learning, genetics are really a huge deal when it comes to strength/muscle, unfortunately. Everyone has those friends that eat like shit and don't do a proven routine and get yolked in a year, I know I do. I'm coming to terms that I'm never really going to have awesome looking arms/chest.

The only people I know that get "yoked" in a year were on gear. Now I do know people that are shredded with little to no effort.

ILoveBish

I haven't had doms in a long time, squats did me in. I made my food for the next 3 days, also baked that low carb chocolate cake again and it is amazing yet again. I sub heavy cream for the coconut milk, and don't use coffee extract (since I don't have any). Otherwise I make it as is. Next time I'll make a double portion.

Going to maybe go in tonight for body weight day then it's time to see if I can hit some new highs on my lifts next week. 1s week baby. So hyped.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm back. Still cutting weight, still running. I'm sorry I don't post much. Ever since I abandoned my muscle quest to go for a cut quest, I haven't had much to report. I miss y'all.

Petrie

Banned
I'm back. Still cutting weight, still running. I'm sorry I don't post much. Ever since I abandoned my muscle quest to go for a cut quest, I haven't had much to report. I miss y'all.

Feels like this happens to us all a bit. We're in this thread a ton those first couple years, the it tapers off. Maybe I'm wrong?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Feels like this happens to us all a bit. We're in this thread a ton those first couple years, the it tapers off. Maybe I'm wrong?

My goals kinda changed. That and dealing with a bunch of personal shit at the time really changed my focus, for now, at least. I want to lift again, and I will come back to it, but I've learned some valuable lessons. Namely...you can't outwork a Quesarito diet.

Petrie

Banned
My goals kinda changed. That and dealing with a bunch of personal shit at the time really changed my focus, for now, at least. I want to lift again, and I will come back to it, but I've learned some valuable lessons. Namely...you can't outwork a Quesarito diet.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Stay classy my friend!

Szu

Well, you're always welcome here.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Welcome back, and sure you can, it's called powerlifting. Lol.

PBY

Banned
I haven't had doms in a long time, squats did me in. I made my food for the next 3 days, also baked that low carb chocolate cake again and it is amazing yet again. I sub heavy cream for the coconut milk, and don't use coffee extract (since I don't have any). Otherwise I make it as is. Next time I'll make a double portion.

Going to maybe go in tonight for body weight day then it's time to see if I can hit some new highs on my lifts next week. 1s week baby. So hyped.
Recipe/link?

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
I switched from a strength routine I had been doing for a year to a split bodybuilding routine. I'm now doing lots and lots of reps and it's boring as fuck.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sweating. But this split I'm doing, basically separates gym sessions into days where you attack the back and days when you attack the chest. Never do both on the same day.

So, it's all 3x10 per muscle (group). It goes something like :

Day 1
chest, shoulders, chest ,shoulders ,chest shoulders
biceps, triceps, biceps , triceps

Day 2.
back , shoulders, back, shoulders, back shoulders
biceps, triceps, biceps, triceps.

Day 3 is 1, 4 is 2, etc.

I'll throw in some squats and deadlifts but I hurt my hamstring so I'm laying off of that. The goal, growth. I've been at this for close to a month now. You guys think it will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom