• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
That looks like my bag. I keep my squat shoes, sleeves, wraps, chalk and bands in mine. All the essentials.

My 2015 resolutions

1,000lb powerlifting total
Injury free
I wanna look like a big mothafucka
You already are a big mofo based on your latest pic so change it to looking like a bigger mothafucka.

Good idea to write 15' goals down.

-I too would like to be injury free
-Weigh 180 and 1300+
-Eat pizza and have abs

frontieruk

2015 goals

- lose at least another stone
- sort my eating it now I've got a decent gym routine
- get close to pre-accident mobility
- return to muay Thai
- return to golf

I think that's enough.

Sadetar

So good ol' grandpa Sphinx turned 37 today so I visited Hamburg and spent all day there.

I went to the fitness stores and after 2.5 years I am finally chinging my Gym bag!!

little steps towards taking this more seriously, lol.

My resolution for 2015? get a trainer, a bodybuilder that puts me to work with military discipline. I hope I can find that here where I live
You are 37?!

Are you kidding? I for some reason always thought you were around my age.

Also that gym bag makes me think I perhaps need one as well. My work out credibility would perhaps go up a bit. This far I have been going with a packbag that is partly proken, totally used and I am waiting it to fall down in pieces.

You already are a big mofo based on your latest pic so change it to looking like a bigger mothafucka.

Good idea to write 15' goals down.

-I too would like to be injury free
-Weigh 180 and 1300+
-Eat pizza and have abs
You already eat pizza and have abs! I would like to hate you for that, but I can't...

And if we are doing New Year's resolutions already mine could be:
-be as happy as humanly possible
-lose 30 pounds
-get better mobility
-also I would like to look like a sexy beast, but it isn't as easy task as it is to Sean to be a big mothafucka (like said, he is already)

edit: here is a pic from earlier this year, can take another today if this isn't clear enough
I don't know about a monkey butt, but I really like your hair cut.

Cooter

You already eat pizza and have abs! I would like to hate you for that, but I can't...
Those things are long gone dear. I'm in my 2nd trimester of pregnancy at the moment!

And your goals will be achieved. Mark my words. You don't get where you're at now and stop.

Matugi

2015 goals:

2x BW bench
3 plate bench for reps
4 plate squat
5 plate deadlift
abs (just kidding fuck that)
relationship that lasts longer than 1 month

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I actually saw someone construct a makeshift decline bench with a dumbbell and free weight for a barbell. It was terrifying seeing him attempt a decline bench press, and on a smith machine...

Edit:

2015 goals:

Shed another 15 pounds in March once I start to cut again and another 15 by the end of next year

I got nothing else, as long as I'm increasing the weight weekly, I'm fine where I'm at until I start to see less gains.

Sadetar

Haha! Love that last one. My relentless pursuit of the first four make that last one especially tough lol.
He should definitely hit someone from the gym by the look of it. :D

Those things are long gone dear. I'm in my 2nd trimester of pregnancy at the moment!

And your goals will be achieved. Mark my words. You don't get where you're at now and stop.
Hahahahah sweetie, right. I think I haven't yet fully realized you are bulking. I think that means you need to send us a shirtless pic to, you know, show that the abs are gone and that you are big and all that... ;)

And what comes to my resolutions I am at least going to try my best and see where it takes me. :D

Being a good boy on my holidays. So far three days out of three in the hotel gym. :)

No barbells or smith machine, but I'm making do fairly well with dumbells and a cable machine.

Szu

My 2015 goals is too stay as healthy and fit as possible. I know that's as vague as fuck, but at this point I don't seem to care about numbers. Essentially, I want to be able to continue to do some of my cool stuff.

Case in point, someone at my gym complimented me by telling me that my body control is incredible. I was doing walking dragon flags, so I guess it looks cool.

Petrie

Banned
2015 goals:

1,200lb powerlifting total
Get back to being cut, less random "cheats"
More HiiT
More time spent on accessory work instead of my current half ass style
Get back to doing at least 10 pull ups per set

demented

I wanna add cardio 2 or 3 times a week to help with my fat loss goals, not sure if I should add 3 times because it might be too much with squatting 3 times a week already, so is it better to do it twice?
Also can someone recommend what kind of cardio to do, how long etc.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
ILoveBish posted a great article in the Nutrition thread that can serve as a handy reference for bulking when you're eating out.

I'm pretty sure that's not the intent of the article... but yeah, you know how it is bros/gals.

Heh. This just reinforces my current diet. One meal a day when cutting, two to bulk.

ILoveBish

I just made liquid chalk, its like magic. Turns clear when you rub it on your hands, then magically your hand turns white and chalk. Here is the guide i used, its super simple:

http://www.adventurerock.com/uncategorized/diy-liquid-chalk/

No more mess at the gym, going to be awesome.

My goals for 2015:

Get 15% or less body fat
Stop caring about numbers at the gym, i lift plenty heavy, i am impressing no one anyway.
Finally get a sleep schedule i can keep for the rest of my life, its so all over the place.

I just want to get to the point where i can buy clothes without worry, right now i buy something and its too big in a month or so, its such a huge waste. Its why i wear baggy clothes that make me look larger then i am, because im tired of buying new nice clothes all the time. Will be terrific to finally know what my end size is going to be (im guessing 32-34 waist, right now im wearing 36 at belly button tight and 36 is loose under belly), and finally buying clothes that look and fit right. 2015 is going to be a really eventful year, i can feel it, and in a good way. I expect lots of life changing things to happen.

Hype all day man, so hyped.

Managed to get a new micoload PR on the DL just in time for Christmas: 1x1x152,5 kg ( approx. 337 lbs). :)

Would've shot for 155 kg but hestiated.

Also, had the privilege to get a few helpful pointers from a canadian exchange student who spent time the gym in regards to my power clean form. Back to the drawing board..

2015 goals:

-achieve 100 kg benchpress
-achieve 160 kg deadlift
-decrease body fat
-take better care of my ACL
-return to a new season of kendo
-intwine kendo arts with powerlifting

Szu

-intwine kendo arts with powerlifting

Essentially, this.

FEaS247.gif

Petrie

Banned
And this is why I've given up helping anyone.

I see two guys and a girl doing dead lifts. Clearly the guys are more interested in showing off then safety. She is rounding her back completely.

I go over and try to explain they should watch for that and try to minimize it so nobody gets hurt.

As soon as I walk away some roided up douche comes over to laugh and proclaim how awesome they are and to not listen to anything.

I'm done trying to help. I'll just be awesome myself thanks.

3 months weigh in/body fat % check next week, bros. I'm actually kind of nervous about it. This will be 9 months of steady diet and exercise.

At 6'3" it's gone like this:
Started at skinny fat 175
Dropped 10 pounds in the first 2 months
Made some diet adjustments, back up to 179 by September with 13% BF
Adjusted my calorie intake even higher, actually look like I might lift now.

The goal is flat BF% and 190. Wish me luck and stuff.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
How would you guys go about designing 5/3/1 BBB into a three-day program?

I know Wendler suggests rolling your fourth day into the following week, but I'd rather condense two big workouts into one day. Which would those be?

Right now, I'm thinking of doing:

Wed:

Deadlift 5/3/1
Squat 5x10
+ accessories

Fri:

OHP 5/3/1
Bench 5x10
+ accessories

Sun:

Squat 5/3/1
Bench 5/3/1
OHP 5x10
+ accessories

Does this seem reasonable? Should I switch day two to day one, or keep it as is?

Four days a week is killing me right now due to my work schedule. I also find I don't particularly care to do 5x10 deadlifts. I seem to always hurt myself. Just too much volume, and so my "Squat" day is usually cut short as is.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
ILoveBish posted a great article in the Nutrition thread that can serve as a handy reference for bulking when you're eating out.

I'm pretty sure that's not the intent of the article... but yeah, you know how it is bros/gals.

Man... one of those meals is very different from the others.

frontieruk

I wanna add cardio 2 or 3 times a week to help with my fat loss goals, not sure if I should add 3 times because it might be too much with squatting 3 times a week already, so is it better to do it twice?
Also can someone recommend what kind of cardio to do, how long etc.

Rowing, i do intervals, i start out with a 5 min warm up at a comfortable pace, then for 30 seconds I max out, 90 seconds at recovery pace, repeat 5 times then a 5 minute warm down, but as you progress you can adjust max effort length vs recovery time

There are some cool guides here.

Cycling is my other choice, though actually getting on a bike and riding around will actually work you harder than a stationary bike it's still better than crashing your knees on the running machines, though the ellipticals are fun :)

You could probably finish a lifting session with rowing or cycling, to increase the effect of the lifting session on your weight loss

sphinx

the piano man
looking strong Sean, at the head of the christmas swolfie train. (I am still thinking about that Marth you want! i'll get back to you)

well I couldn't find two shirtless pics that are alike in lighting and stance so I decided to do a different kind of comparison: eating cereal!

I eat cereal much better than 18 months ago!

(same shirt, difference in color due to different cameras, room and gamma radiation lol)

why do I see gains when I am wearing something but I see nothing when I am naked? :/

SeanR1221

Hah awesome shots. Your head stayed the same size so it looks like someone stretched your body out lol.

I know what you mean about the naked thing. If you ever doubt putting on size, throw some old clothes on and see how they fit now.

Edit: And yeah PM me if you get a Marth Amiibo :)

RoeBear

Damn Sean those massive traps.

Sphinx looking like a good year! Main reason you don't notice a change when naked is because you usually see yourself like that every day. Clothes can't lie though.

By the way both of your guys pics made me spill water in replying. Dem shocking gains!

sphinx

the piano man
oh well, it's definitely more than a year difference there (more like 18 months) but either way, I am kinda happy to see the arm sleeve, it's way more filled up. It was still loose on the tricep area in the left pic.

too bad that's my "bad arm" lol, I think my left arm is bigger

Edit: Bah, this IS my left arm

theytookourjobz

looking strong Sean, at the head of the christmas swolfie train. (I am still thinking about that Marth you want! i'll get back to you)

well I couldn't find two shirtless pics that are alike in lighting and stance so I decided to do a different kind of comparison: eating cereal!

(same shirt, difference in color due to different cameras and room)

why do I see gains when I am wearing something but I see nothing when I am naked? :/

Sphinx anyone ever say you look like a jacked Oscar Isaac?

Sadetar

Joyous news friends!!! My bench has returned!!! 1 rep at 385! I'm on my back to 400! I will get to my goal of 405 I day!!!
Wow! That is awesome!

And yes, we would very much appreciate that video someone mentioned earlier. :p

My 2015 goals is too stay as healthy and fit as possible. I know that's as vague as fuck, but at this point I don't seem to care about numbers. Essentially, I want to be able to continue to do some of my cool stuff.

Case in point, someone at my gym complimented me by telling me that my body control is incredible. I was doing walking dragon flags, so I guess it looks cool.
Walking dragon flags are hella cool so if you have been doing them recently I think you are already continuing doing that cool stuff you mentioned. :D

1991 Detroit Police Force

OILpPhO.png
I think I appreciate Detroit's old police forces a bit more now. ;)

(same shirt, difference in color due to different cameras and room)

Damn Sphinx, someone has clearly been eating his breakfast cereals the last one and a half year! That comparison is golden! Love it! <3 You have definitely been adding more filling into yourself. :D

I feel you there. I manage to look quite alright sometimes when wearing something, but I am the same fatty when I am naked. :/

Working on my trap game
Well good sir, you have clearly done things right! They are huge.

ILoveBish

Decided to experiment with some IF, i ate all my food an hour after i woke up, and then had a 270 calorie cup of coffee spread out the rest of the day at work (over 9 hours). It went really, really well. I felt hunger pains in my stomach, but i wasn't actually hungry. I could ignore it easily and just went about my day. I might experiment a tad more, but i think my resolve is so good now that i can probably do this a few days a week if not the entire week easily at this point.

Petrie

Banned
Decided to experiment with some IF, i ate all my food an hour after i woke up, and then had a 270 calorie cup of coffee spread out the rest of the day at work (over 9 hours). It went really, really well. I felt hunger pains in my stomach, but i wasn't actually hungry. I could ignore it easily and just went about my day. I might experiment a tad more, but i think my resolve is so good now that i can probably do this a few days a week if not the entire week easily at this point.

Once you do it for a bit suddenly you realize that most of the time you aren't "hungry", your just eating out of habit, because your body is simply used to eating at those times to it releases the chemicals that make you "hungry".

I basically eat a late lunch and then dinner every day with no issues, because my body is used to it now. Works splendidly. the only thing that interferes can be my blood glucose occasionally thanks to type 1 diabetes, which can force me to eat when I didn't plan to.

Cooter

I love Christmas time but the gym hours blow. Rolled out of bed at 5 with 2.5 hours sleep at the most and somehow managed 110s on flat DB bench for 10 and 225x8 on incline BB. Gotta post workout energy boost at the moment but I know I'm going to crash in mid afternoon. If only I had access to cases of Red Bull...

Szu

oh well, it's definitely more than a year difference there (more like 18 months) but either way, I am kinda happy to see the arm sleeve, it's way more filled up. It was still loose on the tricep area in the left pic.

too bad that's my "bad arm" lol, I think my left arm is bigger

Edit: Bah, this IS my left arm

I think you look bigger because some of your gamma radiation is seeping out. That's probably the real reason why your green shirt is changing colors.

Also, it's reassuring to know that you don't need to know the difference between your left and right hand in order to be a professional piano player.

Szu

I love Christmas time but the gym hours blow. Rolled out of bed at 5 with 2.5 hours sleep at the most and somehow managed 110s on flat DB bench for 10 and 225x8 on incline BB. Gotta post workout energy boost at the moment but I know I'm going to crash in mid afternoon. If only I had access to cases of Red Bull...

With that little sleep, you're practically a zombie. Dat undead strength.

ILoveBish

Hit the gym for last day of 1s week, failed at 390lbs squat. Thats ok tho, i was in the cage, brought the bar down safely, no worries at all. I am definitely going to deload next session and hit it hard again. Looking very forward to it.

So my weight is still in the exact same range as it has been for like 2 weeks, i go up/down from 248-250lbs, but ive never been more lean then i am now. I took a pic and you can see chest definition easy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5yv8o09avvfz3k/20141224_071623.jpg?dl=0

I'm really curious what im going to look like once i get really low on body fat if im seeing definition like that at this weight already. Its why i feel like maybe i already have plenty of muscle. I dunno.

Once you do it for a bit suddenly you realize that most of the time you aren't "hungry", your just eating out of habit, because your body is simply used to eating at those times to it releases the chemicals that make you "hungry".

I basically eat a late lunch and then dinner every day with no issues, because my body is used to it now. Works splendidly. the only thing that interferes can be my blood glucose occasionally thanks to type 1 diabetes, which can force me to eat when I didn't plan to.

Right, sounds good so far. I'm excited to see how my body get used to it, wont be able to keep a solid schedule going for it till after the holidays obviously.

Again, merry christmas to all of fitgaf, hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom