• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hell is this thing? No free weights so I'm stuck using this bizarre bit of kit. :(

uAADLiw.jpg

Not a bad view from the room though.

Yeah, but they're really not that impressive when you compare them to their opponents.

amXFMsr.jpg

I was thinking more of

Ed209.jpg

Working on my trap game

Quite impressive.

looking strong Sean, at the head of the christmas swolfie train. (I am still thinking about that Marth you want! i'll get back to you)

well I couldn't find two shirtless pics that are alike in lighting and stance so I decided to do a different kind of comparison: eating cereal!

I eat cereal much better than 18 months ago!

(same shirt, difference in color due to different cameras, room and gamma radiation lol)

why do I see gains when I am wearing something but I see nothing when I am naked? :/

Clearly can see a difference, keep it up muscle bro

I think I appreciate Detroit's old police forces a bit more now. ;)

the 90s were a glorious time

I love this photo.
Motivates the fuck outta me!

Same here! Roids were legal back then too so you know they were on that good shit too lol

Deja vu. I know I've mentioned this machine in a previous post. It a higher end cable machine.

It's awful. It seems to max out at 20kg unless I'm doing something completely wrong.

Has an electronic dial in the middle which seems to control a mechanism around the back. I'm pretty much going to be stuck using either a static bike or a rowing machine. =/

Szu

It's awful. It seems to max out at 20kg unless I'm doing something completely wrong.

Has an electronic dial in the middle which seems to control a mechanism around the back. I'm pretty much going to be stuck using either a static bike or a rowing machine. =/

I see snow and mountains in your picture. Here's your training alternative.
people-higher-elevations-fitness-lower-obesity-level.gif

sphinx

the piano man
Sphinx looking like a good year! Main reason you don't notice a change when naked is because you usually see yourself like that every day. Clothes can't lie though.

By the way both of your guys pics made me spill water in replying. Dem shocking gains!

that's pretty big coming from you! your last pics (you were preparing for a show, I think?) were pretty damn nice too. Also, judging by random pics you've posted over the course of the year(s) you have some of the best arms in this community, strong, tight, massive,

Sphinx anyone ever say you look like a jacked Oscar Isaac?

Nope :D but I can see the resemblence

nobody has ever called me (or implied I am) jacked, thank you TTOJ :)

I think you look bigger because some of your gamma radiation is seeping out. That's probably the real reason why your green shirt is changing colors.

Also, it's reassuring to know that you don't need to know the difference between your left and right hand in order to be a professional piano player.

my left hand and wrist are also much better at playing the piano :( I am some pretty unbalanced mother fucker. chest, legs, arms are all asymmetric too.

Damn Sphinx, someone has clearly been eating his breakfast cereals the last one and a half year! That comparison is golden! Love it! <3 You have definitely been adding more filling into yourself. :D

Clearly can see a difference, keep it up muscle bro

I am very pleased with the comparison because the "before" part is when I was already hyped with workout and thinking I was on to something.

I remember taking those old pics at my parents and thinking, "hells yeah I am on a roll of awesome". The fact they are the "before" part of a comparison today is quite an achievement to me.

This isn't a "me when skinny and lazy 5 years ago vs. me after a chest/arm pump today" thing, I think the comparison is legit.

SeanR1221

Really solid stuff, good work man. Do you usually incorporate 10 sets of 1 or was this just for fun?

P.S. what flavor of poptart? S'more or bust.

Thanks man. It's part of the iron sport method. One of the weeks you take 90% of your 1rm and do a 10x1. At first it feels heavy but towards the end you're so used to the movement it's not so bad.

And I'm all about them gingerbread poptarts right now :cool:

_Isaac

SIX years... wtf man, what made you stay away from them for so long.

which city? I am from Monterrey :)
Well it's not my immediate family. It's all of my grandparents and a whole lot of cousins and uncles. It's where I was born. It's San Juan de Alima on the coast of Michoacan pretty close to the border with Colima. I don't know why I took so long to come back. I was trying to finish up school then I was between jobs where I didn't want to spend what little vacation time I had. I finally accumulated some and took two weeks to spend Christmas over here. :)

BadTaste

What's the purpose of slightly bending your knees when curling with bar/dumbbells? (standing up obviously) I find my legs end up shaking when doing that, it barely happens when I keep them straight.

The gym had a lot of people today. There was even a girl powerlifter and some bros stretching each other. Brought a tear to my eye to see everyone working so hard on Christmas.

Hi FitGAF.

A little progress update.

Went working out at christmas eve, given that my family already celebrated christmas yesterday due to my parents having to work on christmas eve.

Barely anyone was around so I took the opportunity to take a full body photo in the free weights section.

Currently my weight is fluctuating between 76~77 Kg. Down from approx. 82,5 Kg.

Also, very christmas-related: my sister got me quest bars as a christmas gift. I've been wanting to try these for a while now. Really great thinking from my sister's part.

Merry christmass
bulking
fitGAF.

my gym all of a sudden wont let me squat/deadlift barefoot anymore. what kind of shoes do you recommend thats similar to barefoot thats not vibram

Chocobro

my gym all of a sudden wont let me squat/deadlift barefoot anymore. what kind of shoes do you recommend thats similar to barefoot thats not vibram

Look into a pair of Converse Chuck Taylors. They're pretty cheap, I got a pair for $45
too bad I don't lift in them anymore

Sadetar

Hi FitGAF.

A little progress update.

Went working out at christmas eve, given that my family already celebrated christmas yesterday due to my parents having to work on christmas eve.

Barely anyone was around so I took the opportunity to take a full body photo in the free weights section.

Flexed:

Currently my weight is fluctuating between 76~77 Kg. Down from approx. 82,5 Kg.

Also, very christmas-related: my sister got me quest bars as a christmas gift. I've been wanting to try these for a while now. Really great thinking from my sister's part.

Merry christmass
bulking
fitGAF.
Yay! Quest bars are delicious! Good for you. :D

Good looking thighs.

Also I hope absolutely Splendid Christmas to everyone in here! I am still madly in love with all of you! <3

the 90s were a glorious time
I would have surely enjoyed 90's more if I wouldn't have needed to use my godmother's old clothes that were from the 80's.

The gym had a lot of people today. There was even a girl powerlifter and some bros stretching each other. Brought a tear to my eye to see everyone working so hard on Christmas.
I would love to be working hard, but my gym decided to have over two weeks Christmas vacation. I didn't feel not at all badass when I went Nordic walking instead of going to the gym today.

I am very pleased with the comparison because the "before" part is when I was already hyped with workout and thinking I was on to something.

I remember taking those old pics at my parents and thinking, "hells yeah I am on a roll of awesome". The fact they are the "before" part of a comparison today is quite an achievement to me.

This isn't a "me when skinny and lazy 5 years ago vs. me after a chest/arm pump today" thing, I think the comparison is legit.
That is awesome! :D

Hahha, I think I myself am still stuck to the comparison to the time before I started to work out at all so I could see that at least something is changing. Pictures like yours will be a good motivation for me! Perhaps after like five years I can do that too! :p

Zoe

What's the purpose of slightly bending your knees when curling with bar/dumbbells? (standing up obviously) I find my legs end up shaking when doing that, it barely happens when I keep them straight.

You don't want to risk locking your knees. It probably also helps some people with their posture. I'm more likely to engage my core with knees slightly bent.

frontieruk

Making the exercise work more muscles as you're working the quads, hams and calves which is why your legs shake.

p.s. merry Christmas fitgaf

SeanR1221

Holidays are always prime time for people to notice your progress. Especially if you haven't seen them in 6months-year.

One cousin immediately said "woah what happened you got huge" and another came up and asked me how he could get big like me.

right in the feels ;__;

Merry Christmas fit gaf

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Holidays are always prime time for people to notice your progress. Especially if you haven't seen them in 6months-year.

One cousin immediately said "woah what happened you got huge" and another came up and asked me how he could get big like me.

right in the feels ;__;

Merry Christmas fit gaf

Heh. My sister didn't seem to notice a change. She must have missed my fat phase. My goal this year is to become noticeably big all year round.

right in the feels ;__;

Merry Christmas fit gaf

My brother called me fat T_T

sphinx

the piano man
my friends and family are weird regarding giving any feedback about my progress

I am not sure whether they don't care or notice or they think saying "you look (insert compliment here)" is weird coming from a relative or friend, like they'd be telling me "you are hot!".

if I ever show a before/after, they acknowledge and say congrats but that's it, noone is "checking" on me.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
My family and friends shower me with praise. I guess that is a good sign they still do it because it means they don't think it has turned me into one of those egotistical meatheads.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Got my gym time in today, 531 deadlifts, 5x10 deadlifts at 60% my 1RM, planks and stomach vacuums.

Also switched to ultra low carb dieting to reduce the body fat.

X-Frame

You know you're de-conditioned when you can't even foam roll your quads for more than 2-3 minutes before your upper body and core give up!

A tweaked shoulder last spring, then taking too much time off by reading and playing video games for months, I finally am becoming inspired to start strengthening my shoulder and weak parts. So here I am smaller and so weak I can't even foam roll without getting winded, haha.

At least I know I only have 1 direction to go from here.

Sadetar

It was somewhat magical to have a walk in the middle of the Christmas night while everything was covered in snow and all things were sparkling since it was so cold. Just me, good music and my thoughts. Ah, I love the long night walks.

Oh and here is what I have been mainly eating this Christmas. I totally love Caesar salad so that is basicly a rip off of it containing homemade lemon marinaded chicken breast, homemade caesar dressing, homemade sun dried tomatoes, high quality Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, parsley, different greens, dried onion, almond filled olives and a bit croutons. So delicious! :p
20141225_195126.jpg

Swole Santa wishes everyone here Merry Christmas!
Hahahahahahahaha. Oh my gods, that is awesome!

right in the feels ;__;

Merry Christmas fit gaf
Awwwwww. :D That is great to hear!

I also need to agree with you. It was awesome to go to work place's Christmas parties since there were people from different departments I haven't seen since summer and they were just pouring compliments on me. Felt good. ^_^

Merry Christmas guys and gals! May Santa bless you with an abundance of GAINZ!
Hahaha. I will be waiting for those! :p

Also nobody could ever think you would be an egotistical meatheads since you are such a sweetheart. ;)

Faiz

I was off of lifting for a few weeks due to vacation followed by illness. Deadlifts are feeling off and getting back up to speed feels rough. Which brings me to my first ever form check here. Sorry for the poor video (lighting/vertical). Conditions in my basement aren't ideal.

240x3. Bar path looks bad. Also doesn't look like I'm pre-pulling but I swear I am :/ ugh.

http://youtu.be/IZvK5AYYQyY

theytookourjobz

I was off of lifting for a few weeks due to vacation followed by illness. Deadlifts are feeling off and getting back up to speed feels rough. Which brings me to my first ever form check here. Sorry for the poor video (lighting/vertical). Conditions in my basement aren't ideal.

240x3. Bar path looks bad. Also doesn't look like I'm pre-pulling but I swear I am :/ ugh.

http://youtu.be/IZvK5AYYQyY

edit: Sean is right. Listen to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom