• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
That feeling when you are doing nice controlled front DB raises at 25, 30, and 35 for sets of 12-15 and the guy comes up next to you with his sleeves rolled up and swings up 45s and has that look of superiority on his face. :shakes head:

He'll wipe that look off his face himself when he can't press anything anymore due to shoulder pain

That feeling when you are doing nice controlled front DB raises at 25, 30, and 35 for sets of 12-15 and the guy comes up next to you with his sleeves rolled up and swings up 45s and has that look of superiority on his face. :shakes head:

shit reminds me of when i was still playing football. i just hit 425 on the squat rack - my all-time max and was hype as fuck. dapping up everyone. this dude comes up to me while i'm still feeling myself and asks if i was done with the weights

am i done? motherfucker you see this work. i didn't even look to see who it was just shrugged him off and turned the speakers up.

dude casually moved the 425 from the squat rack to the bench and repped that shit like it was nothing. i never wanted to fuck someone's gf so bad in my life

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Shit's the worst. Have you wishing they could see you on your strength days. I'm only benching 125 for 10 cause my programming says so. And I don't really lift heavy till like 4 weeks later. Just hoping you catch em that week.

This stuff doesn't usually bother me but this guy seemed to time his sets with mine and like I said earlier, the smug look on his face topped it off. But yeah, would have been nice catch him on a deadlift day. Who are we kidding though, we all know dudes like that don't DL.

shit reminds me of when i was still playing football. i just hit 425 on the squat rack - my all-time max and was hype as fuck. dapping up everyone. this dude comes up to me while i'm still feeling myself and asks if i was done with the weights

am i done? motherfucker you see this work. i didn't even look to see who it was just shrugged him off and turned the speakers up.

dude casually moved the 425 from the squat rack to the bench and repped that shit like it was nothing. i never wanted to fuck someone's gf so bad in my life
I think you misunderstood the story. Yours is just a case of a badass mofo putting in work. I respect that. No biggie. This dude had no business using that weight and the only way he did them was by rocking his entire body. He was so clueless he probably thought he was one upping me which is childish to begin with and even more so because they were goddamn DB raises!

Looks like your pretty set as is. Maybe more information on your workouts like what exercises you do things of that nature. So I and many others can point you where you want to go.

If you want to loss weight I'll differ that to someone else. I'm 5"10 and 220 so the advice I give is more about strength training. I find it the best way to relieve stress. If you want to go down that route. Losing weight though. Hmmm just be more mindful of the things you eat. Maybe start cutting things entirely. I don't eat cheese anymore and I've lost 10 pounds because of it. Also I don't drink soda as well. It's been years since I drank soda like I used to. To help to improve water intake I suggest carrying around a water bottle and drink from it regularly.

Other than that feel free to seek moral support here! I know fitgaf is pretty good at that.

Thanks I probably need moral support more than anything. As far as my workouts go I usually go the gym about 3 times a week usually Monday, Wednesday, and Friday dedicating one day to chest and arm, legs, back and core switching the order up every week. Since I started I usually have been using machines and just going till muscle exhaustion. For cardio I usually just use the elliptical or treadmill for about an hour or hour and a half. Tuesday, Thursday and the weekend I usually just go hiking for about an hour. My water intake is pretty good my I usually get 2-3 liters.

BlueTsunami

So I'm experimenting with ultra low carb diet on a 20% caloric deficit. High protein and moderate fat to maintain mass while slimming down. 30g or below of carbs. Gonna tweak the deficit percent as my body fat gets lower to preserve the mass.

Getting a food scale and using this macronutrient tracking app has allowed for a great amount of confidence and ease with dieting.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm experimenting with ultra low carb diet on a 20% caloric deficit. High protein and moderate fat to maintain mass while slimming down. 30g or below of carbs. Gonna tweak the deficit percent as my body fat gets lower to preserve the mass.

Getting a food scale and using this macronutrient tracking app has allowed for a great amount of confidence and ease with dieting.

Chances are that you're going to feel like shit unless you go high fat/moderate protein.

BlueTsunami

Chances are that you're going to feel like shit unless you go high fat/moderate protein.

Thats true, I may end up tweaking it in that regard. The difference is around 50g between the two. I've done this keto diet before and lost around 30lbs but never actually tracked it just ate fat and protein all day. I prob have 20-25% BF on me so I'm calculating my protein intake against my possible lean mass.

X-Frame

All those concrete blocks and gravel to fill in eroded spots were placed by volunteers. Same with the trash can at the top. Volunteer empties it and carries the trash down.

Wow, that's incredible for the person who climbs the trail to empty the trash. Good for them.

HORRORSHØW

what app?

BlueTsunami

Grimløck;145137700 said:
what app?

I'm on Windows phone so I have to use one unique to this ecosystem (called carb tracker) but I think, for Android and iOS something like MyFitnessPal is the app to use.

You basically scan the barcode of the product, enter how many servings you ate and enter it. Set up a bunch of macronutrient goals by grams and your base calories. The food you eat automatically fills these goals which is represented by bars. Makes it easy to fine tune things.

I'm done eating for the day and this is where I stand macro wise...

VIW1DHS.jpg

demented

Can I ask something health related?
I had some chopped lettuce and carrots that expired for couple of days and I figured eh why not eat them. Well wrong fucking thing to do, my stomach has been hurting for 3 days. Bit less by each passing day but still. I also go do #2 several times a day now and it's.. sticky and uh, smells horrible, to die from, same as when passing gas.

So should I just let it run it's course? Been drinking tea and staying hydrated but I'll go to pharmacy tomorrow to buy something if it will make it stop sooner...

Surprisingly spoiled salad can really fuck you up (put a number of people in intensive care recently in Europe). Don't do it!

You'd know all about it if you had what they had though.

p.s. Back from holiday. Back still fucked. Sort of concerned that I may have a long term issue now. =/

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I'm on Windows phone so I have to use one unique to this ecosystem (called carb tracker) but I think, for Android and iOS something like MyFitnessPal is the app to use.

You basically scan the barcode of the product, enter how many servings you ate and enter it. Set up a bunch of macronutrient goals by grams and your base calories. The food you eat automatically fills these goals which is represented by bars. Makes it easy to fine tune things.

MyFitnessPal is on WP8 too. Unless you're not using it for other reasons.

HORRORSHØW

http://i.imgur.com/VIW1DHS.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]
thanks dude. put in my macro goals. said i needed 215g of protein lol. i can't even do my own body weight right now smh.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
zFDNjvs.jpg

Quoting is screwing me over since it makes the text illegible. Its a pretty funny comic for those who have gone through this.

demented

I need some advice on how to continue, with new year ahead I wanna know if I should make some changes or keep at it.
I've been going to gym now for 2 months but only finished 5 weeks out of it (sick and travel). I'm doing ICF program and having some doubts. My main goal right now is dropping the bf % further down so I'm on 3x5 and 2x8 version of it and in 20% caloric deficit. My progress is slow but there, I didn't have to deload yet but I might, stalled on 2 exercises now but we'll see. Next to dropping off fat next goal is to get some ok strength because due to no exercise for like 10 years I'm weak as fuck, mentioned it before and got positive reinforcement here and it's going better and still at it, also still spending shitton of time in here, /fit/, bb.com etc motivated 100%. 3rd issue is squats.. I like squats but doing them 3 times a week seems like too much and I was thinking about dropping 1 day, maybe look into greyskull LP? I know down the line, in 6 months or more when I'm still at it and maybe start bulking my legs will get big, I'll avoid t rex problem by doing accessory work but looking at pictures I really do not like big legs lol, there was big thread over at fit few days ago about it, people having to get tailor fit jeans or wear huge ones just so their thighs fit while they sag down.. yeah, this might be long way ahead but I'm still thinking about it and right now having big thighs is what I wanna change (or rather fat there) and having big muscular ones down the line isn't much more appealing, and not saying I want chicken legs I just don't feel like putting most of the effort in lifting most with them and making them as big as you can. Yeah I'm going too much into it because squats and big quads are like something sacred now that should not be questioned.

Think that's it, any advice?

P.S. When I'm at 12-15% bf (now around 22% or bit less) I'm gonna do (clean) bulk and then I'll be more able to focus on strength and muscle gains, right now most of the exercise is for slow strength gains and to help with burning fat through calories burned and whatever else. 99% sure I'm gonna do DNP to hasten this, with minimal dose but that's a story for another day and not something I'll do until after the holidays.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You're putting cart before the horse. Main thing you need to worry about right now is being consistent in the gym. Before cutting calories, see how training effects body fst composition. Then adjust if needed. You're gonna stall the way you're doing it anyway based off of energy restriction this is a huge mistake a lot of people make. You're untrained, add in exercise and see how shit goes before trying to do everything at once. And try a program as it's written for more than a week before throwing it out.

Youve only been training for less than two months and already think you need to tweak things. You probably don't

demented

I might be, I'm just spending so much time reading and browsing everything related to lifting it feels like I've been doing it forever, then I go to gym and see my shitty 55kg squat and 50kg stalling bench, 22% bf that's not going down apparently even after dropping 4kg and it get's me thinking about changing stuff.
Then this on reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/12l7ub/i_look_like_a_centaur_after_doing_ss_for_four/ along with 100000000 other like it just made me think about squatting less. I'm 100% sure I should because I know me and I'll be consistent and I can keep doing this or any other program for 6 months, and then I'll be like fuck what now like that guy in picture on reddit.

And besides noob gains I know strength gains are gonna be slooow and muscle probably non existent while in deficit but there's no other way besides becoming fattass and then having to cut 20 kg. Not sure about that body recomposition stuff.

despire

What's up guys? Remember me? :D Haven't posted in a while, sorry about that.

Last four months haven't been so good training wise. Last august we moved and I decided to try working out at home with bodyweight stuff. Packed on a few pounds as well because was too busy/uninterested to count calories.

Had some problems with pain in my sternum, worse than normal. I've talked about it before but I've been having those pains for over two years now. Something got fucked up once when I was doing too much dips and it hasn't healed yet. For the longest time I thought it was costochondritis but it isn't. Had to do a lot of tests, including MRI but now I finally know what it is. Fucking osteoarthritis in some little joint in the middle of my sternum. Luckily it's not that bad since it's in there and not in some moving joint but it's annoying. Got some good painkillers that basically make it a nonissue at the moment. Just have to wait and hope for it to get "boned" and hopefully stop hurting some day :(

Anyway I'm back to the gym! It's hard to motivate myself doing BW stuff at home and with the diagnosis I haven't worked out consistently in two months. Alan Aragon/Lou Schuler got their Lean Muscle Diet book out finally and I've decided to follow the eating plan and routine there. Definitely recommending the book, probably the best diet book out there. I've been waiting for it for months and it didn't disappoint. And I know the name is lol, but so do the authors :p Name like that guarantees that it sells well but the contents are solid.

Also realised I'm going to be a part of the New Years rush. Shiit..

SeanR1221

I need some advice on how to continue, with new year ahead I wanna know if I should make some changes or keep at it.
I've been going to gym now for 2 months but only finished 5 weeks out of it (sick and travel). I'm doing ICF program and having some doubts. My main goal right now is dropping the bf % further down so I'm on 3x5 and 2x8 version of it and in 20% caloric deficit. My progress is slow but there, I didn't have to deload yet but I might, stalled on 2 exercises now but we'll see. Next to dropping off fat next goal is to get some ok strength because due to no exercise for like 10 years I'm weak as fuck, mentioned it before and got positive reinforcement here and it's going better and still at it, also still spending shitton of time in here, /fit/, bb.com etc motivated 100%. 3rd issue is squats.. I like squats but doing them 3 times a week seems like too much and I was thinking about dropping 1 day, maybe look into greyskull LP? I know down the line, in 6 months or more when I'm still at it and maybe start bulking my legs will get big, I'll avoid t rex problem by doing accessory work but looking at pictures I really do not like big legs lol, there was big thread over at fit few days ago about it, people having to get tailor fit jeans or wear huge ones just so their thighs fit while they sag down.. yeah, this might be long way ahead but I'm still thinking about it and right now having big thighs is what I wanna change (or rather fat there) and having big muscular ones down the line isn't much more appealing, and not saying I want chicken legs I just don't feel like putting most of the effort in lifting most with them and making them as big as you can. Yeah I'm going too much into it because squats and big quads are like something sacred now that should not be questioned.

Think that's it, any advice?

P.S. When I'm at 12-15% bf (now around 22% or bit less) I'm gonna do (clean) bulk and then I'll be more able to focus on strength and muscle gains, right now most of the exercise is for slow strength gains and to help with burning fat through calories burned and whatever else. 99% sure I'm gonna do DNP to hasten this, with minimal dose but that's a story for another day and not something I'll do until after the holidays.

You've worked out for 5 weeks. In terms of fitness development, you're not a beginner, or a fitness baby or even a fitness fetus. You're basically a developing sperm in your dads nutsack.

Basically, 5 weeks is nothing and certainly not time to start switching things up, making changes and worrying about cuts and bulks.

Give your program a good 6 month shake. 6 months seems like a lot now. But in the big scheme it's really not. See what strength gains you make, then worry about changing things up.

Early crew bro-fist

RIGHT!

There's more freedom earlier. This may sound strange, but I recently started doing my leg workout wearing only my Nike Running Tights. I feel more comfortable wearing tights in a semi-empty gym than a crowded gym. It's not because I'm ashamed of my lower body, I actually have a nice lower body, I just don't want the attention.

fyi: Lower body exercise movements are easier in tights only.

frontieruk

RIGHT!

There's more freedom earlier. This may sound strange, but I recently started doing my leg workout wearing only my Nike Running Tights. I feel more comfortable wearing tights in a semi-empty gym than a crowded gym. It's not because I'm ashamed of my lower body, I actually have a nice lower body, I just don't want the attention.

fyi: Lower body exercise movements are easier in tights only.

I tend to find they are a nicer bunch as well, more well
Willing to give and take advice, and help with your workout.

And it's easier to get on equipment in my limited gym. Next time I'm looking I'll be checking the free weights section, but meh I pay £10(~$16) a month for a 24hr gym

Sexy time.
Isn't it always here?

2014 retrospect:

FitGAF, I must confess, I've made some mistakes over the time I've been working out which I need to correct.
  • I recieved a food weight for christmas. So, I took the opportunity to make an experiment and calcuIate my calroie intake for the day.

My calculations showed that my calorie intake for yesterday measured up to a total of 1857. My TDEE equals 2441. A broad deficit of 584 calories. Which means I've been undereating. It might also be the reason why I feel like I'm losing weight at too much haste. Also, It seems like I'm developing loose skin around my midsection. I'll add slightly more calories while still losing weight but not at such a fast rate to avoid risk of loose skin developing.
  • I haven't been paying enough attention to my upperbody strength. My squat progression has been significantly higher compared to bench and Overhead press. The error being that burned out much energy on squating heavy which comprimised performance on the other lifts. Another thing is I neglected accessory work. I do pull-ups but did not include dips. Which could explain why I've stalled tremendously on the Bench- (80 kg) and Overhead Press (52 Kg).

I think I may lower my squat to distribute my energy more proportionately. Also, considering cutting 1 day of squat and perhaps transitioning to Greyskulls program.

You live and you learn I geuss.

zFDNjvs.jpg

Quoting is screwing me over since it makes the text illegible. Its a pretty funny comic for those who have gone through this.

Based SIR.

What's up guys? Remember me? :D Haven't posted in a while, sorry about that.

Last four months haven't been so good training wise. Last august we moved and I decided to try working out at home with bodyweight stuff. Packed on a few pounds as well because was too busy/uninterested to count calories.

Had some problems with pain in my sternum, worse than normal. I've talked about it before but I've been having those pains for over two years now. Something got fucked up once when I was doing too much dips and it hasn't healed yet. For the longest time I thought it was costochondritis but it isn't. Had to do a lot of tests, including MRI but now I finally know what it is. Fucking osteoarthritis in some little joint in the middle of my sternum. Luckily it's not that bad since it's in there and not in some moving joint but it's annoying. Got some good painkillers that basically make it a nonissue at the moment. Just have to wait and hope for it to get "boned" and hopefully stop hurting some day :(

Anyway I'm back to the gym! It's hard to motivate myself doing BW stuff at home and with the diagnosis I haven't worked out consistently in two months. Alan Aragon/Lou Schuler got their Lean Muscle Diet book out finally and I've decided to follow the eating plan and routine there. Definitely recommending the book, probably the best diet book out there. I've been waiting for it for months and it didn't disappoint. And I know the name is lol, but so do the authors :p Name like that guarantees that it sells well but the contents are solid.

Also realised I'm going to be a part of the New Years rush. Shiit..

What a coincedence. I was actually wondering about happened to you recently.

despire

What a coincedence. I was actually wondering about happened to you recently.

Yeah well, the usual. Life happened and fell off for a while :D

Anything major go down in the thread while I was a way?

Started at a new gym today as well because my employer pays the fees if we use this one. Much bigger than what I've used to at our old apartment gym. It's one of the more hard core gyms in the city and it shows. I went in around 2pm and perhaps 80% of the guys there were on gear. Some were clearly roided up to the gills and some still looked somewhat human. Only a couple of "normal" looking dudes. I was one of the smallest guys in there as well. Even the girls were mostly bigger than your average gymrat in any normal gym.

Cudder

Smore Quest bars are probably second only to cookie dough.

Their protein powder is just okay in terms of taste. couldn't believe how thick it was mixing it with milk.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Sexy time.

Everyday is the time of the sexy.

Any who confession time. I got drunk yesterday took a couple drunk naps and awoke with what I like to call "THE HUNGER" went to frige and saw the eggs. Then I thought that take to long so the search continued. I then came across white powdered doughnuts (mmmhmmm dooooooughnuts). I had 6 of them with a class of milk. I went to bed fat and happy but also disgusted with myself. I shale repent today at the gym!

Everyday is the time of the sexy.

Any who confession time. I got drunk yesterday took a couple drunk naps and awoke with what I like to call "THE HUNGER" went to frige and saw the eggs. Then I thought that take to long so the search continued. I then came across white powdered doughnuts (mmmhmmm dooooooughnuts). I had 6 of them with a class of milk. I went to bed fat and happy but also disgusted with myself. I shale repent today at the gym!

Since we're confessing; On Saturday, I hit the track hard to train my lower body. It was great, but a couple hours later I had two shots of whiskey and four beers, then walk around the corner to a hookah bar where I smoked with my buddies. It's all documented on Instagram, LOL, I'm sure my followers are confused. The next day, Sunday, I went back to the track to regain my dignity, which I did, I hit the track super hard and felt redeemed.

sphinx

the piano man
I go between 19:00 and 21:00 to my gym on weekdays...

yep, I expect to stand on the line to use every fucking machine.

frontieruk

2 a days today since missing the gym yesterday. Legs this morning. Prolly back or shoulders tonight.

it is go time, baby

See now you're making me feel lame... I had to miss this mornings return to the gym, I was thinking I'd do a 9pm session and return to my normal time tomorrow, but the thought that's only 7hrs between sessions...

Alright guys, I'm 34. Too old to lift anymore. It's been fun.

Hmm I started lifting at 35 after I broke my back you'll be fine... Congrats BTW ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom