• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ, it was a joke. I was making a joke.

3e3.jpg

To be fair it matters a lot less for BB IMO. As far as I know and correct me if I'm wrong, you don't really chase strength gains or maxes.
Nah, you're right for the most part, though I do try to keep strength progression going even when I'm cutting down. So I keep track of what I do on most lifts.

Really it's more that I'm like this with everything. I just have a good memory. Even in college I rarely studied because I managed to retain most everything week by week unless the course was insanely hard.

I really should start keeping a record though. If not for me, but for others. I hate not being able to tell people exactly what I was doing at a certain point in time. I get asked about such things every day.

WAT! how can anyone hate Supes?

This.

You and I were separated at birth I tell you. I remember everything when it comes to the gym. And I never take time off so I don't have that problem.

Minus your illogical hatred of Superman you're ok with me DarthSpiritReaver.
Why do so many people idolize him? Gross.

Haha no, I just tend to hate things that are popular and if I had a dime for every Superman shirt/tattoo I've seen at the gym, I'd be making my own comics.

But Cooter! We are totally fit bros. I need to come visit so you can school me in everything in the weight room.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This may not be the right place for this but

Superman is a layered and nuanced character and really goddamned interesting. I used to think he was a cookie cutter mother fucker but no. There's some complex shit going on.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Nah, you're right for the most part, though I do try to keep strength progression going even when I'm cutting down. So I keep track of what I do on most lifts.

Really it's more that I'm like this with everything. I just have a good memory. Even in college I rarely studied because I managed to retain most everything week by week unless the course was insanely hard.

I really should start keeping a record though. If not for me, but for others. I hate not being able to tell people exactly what I was doing at a certain point in time. I get asked about such things every day.

Haha no, I just tend to hate things that are popular and if I had a dime for every Superman shirt/tattoo I've seen at the gym, I'd be making my own comics.

But Cooter! We are totally fit bros. I need to come visit so you can school me in everything in the weight room.

The bigger thing for me is keeping track of what I'm doing when my strength increases so I kmow what caused it.

Using a spreadsheet for rep maxes also makes shit easier. I wouldn't be able to remember every lift's 1-10 rep max nor my event weight/times. I've got a great memory and I was like you in college, but I damn sure wouldn't be able to remember all my best event times/lifts.

Jesus Christ, it was a joke. I was making a joke.

Except you actually did it. (As denoted by your response to my initial question) so it's not.

It's up there with all the other shit we complain about people doing at the gym.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

I just ordered these two bad boys.

Under-Armour-Superhero-Alter-Ego-Compression-Shirts-1.jpg

Compression this time. A few people wear them when they shouldn't but I look the part. Come on Reaver! If you can't pay your respect to Supes by wearing a tight fitting Superman shirt to the gym than when can you! Besides, I swear it makes me lift heavier.

I would have a blast lifting with you. If you're ever in Reno or the San Francisco area let me know.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yes, I actually did it. Why would I not? Are you also mad at the guy who was doing real squats in the preacher curl bench? Do you leave furious comments on BroScienceLife videos?

Oh, so you recorded it for the LULZ too? Video, please!

Your form is vastly improved. Good work man. You've come a long way. Now we just need to get you pulling the slack out of the bar.

Compression this time. A few people wear them when they shouldn't but I look the part. Come on Reaver! If you can't pay your respect to Supes by wearing a tight fitting Superman shirt to the gym than when can you! Besides, I swear it makes me lift heavier.

I would have a blast lifting with you. If you're ever in Reno or the San Francisco area let me know.

I can't wear them cause I know they will show my belly

crying.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I can't wear them cause I know they will show my belly

crying.gif

You can see it past your beard?

Batman > Superman. Just sayin.

RoeBear

To be fair it matters a lot less for BB IMO. As far as I know and correct me if I'm wrong, you don't really chase strength gains or maxes.

Completely right. I love it when people see me curling 35s and they look all confused. Only thing I ever go heavy on is legs, but even then I'm doing high reps and squeezes.

SeanR1221

Thank you, guys! Your positive input brings me a great deal of relief, as I've been working on my form for so long. It's not an intuitive exercise for me at all.

I remember giving you advice a year ago so I went back on my photobucket and here you can clearly see how much better you look

I agree with Brolic. Now work on taking the slack out. That and breaking off the ground fast have really helped me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So many hateful things I wanna say right now.

LOL

Best Batman series imho. Fun and playful. None of that "DARK KNIGHT" stuff. Batman's a goofy dude and that's when he's at his best.

I enjoy "I think I've fucked over Earth" Superman. Or Superman 2 Superman. That was good shit. Zod was so dope in Superman 2.

FiGVvzP.png

Now I want to go play some Injustice...

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I remember giving you advice a year ago so I went back on my photobucket and here you can clearly see how much better you look

I agree with Brolic. Now work on taking the slack out. That and breaking off the ground fast have really helped me.

Damn, that really puts it into perspective!

Also, wow was I skinny (still am, but working on it!)

ILoveBish

Down another half pound, bench day 3s week went awesome, hit all reps and just couldn't be more thrilled right now. Really loving 2015.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
What are you up to now Boogie? 180? 185?

I wish! Been stuck at 172 for a while now. My body refuses to grow on anything less than 3500 calories per day, something I don't have the time nor money for at the moment, sadly.

But I'm gonna make one more strong push to get to at least 180 by the end of March.

Faiz

Unless it's your own gym, it's pure selfish laziness. And that's not an excuse. Unless you're loading up to do a dropset it's pure laziness or ego.

Heh, ok. I'll say it again (and I promise this will be the last time because it's not my intention to drag this argument out) but that picture makes it very clear that gym has plenty of plates to go around. No shortage of bumpers there and given what's pictured I highly doubt there's a shortage of 25s.

I'm not as strong nor have I been in as many gyms as you (only a couple) but I've seen plenty of actual selfish lazy bullshit in them and this barely even ranks.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Just put a purchase in for this off Amazon for $27 (after shipping)...

I rarely eat seafood that isn't canned tuna so I know I'm hurting for some Omega-3s

Plan on taking 3 a day which should last me two months. Maybe look into eating some seafood two nights a week in place of meat to bring down my Omega-6 intake too.

Sadetar

I really like it that some of my friends are extremely supportive with my journey of getting more fit and healthier. But one of my colleagues started conversation about how her dad has this awesome fat burning belt and that I should definitely get one for the gym. Eeeeehhh. I didn't want to call her father's things total bullshit, but well, you know, I made quite clear I am not going to hunt down myself a fat burning belt. I am fairly sure if they would be a thing, I would have heard from someone else then her.

Also as a sidenote Epic Beast from the gym isn't epic anymore. He is just a mere beast - that damn thing cut off his facial hair and also most of his hair. Dammit.

Completely. Fucking. Miserable. I work in cold weather where my nose hairs make crackling noises when I scrunch my nose up. Your face is one I make often. I hate it. Good for you for going. This is dedication guys! This is how you get results.
Hahah, it was freezing, I admit it. I would have wanted to be able to be there longer, but couldn't. The day after that it was really nice though! :D

I am still waiting those results. Damn this diet. I so need to clean it and also check my thyroid levels. It isn't normal to sleep over 12 hours every damn day and yet feel constantly tired.

I'll never complain about living in sunny Arizona again
I don't mind the cold, but I would really want to see sunlight a bit longer. Some days I haven't seen it at all but it has already gone down when I get up. Oh spring, come soon. :p

I'm personally a fan of the bars with the chocolate chips, lol.

Also name change, yay.
You better keep your face as your avatar or I will have no idea whose text I am reading in the future. :p

Cookie dough for me and there is quite a large gap until you get to number 2 IMO.
<3

Chocolate chip cookie dough is my all time favourite.

I still need to admit that the more I have been eating the S'mores ones the more I actually enjoy them. Now I am totally in love already. Give them some time. :D

Negative. Just dedication and misery. No cheat days.
What!? No photos?

70 pounds is a huge difference. I am amazed. I knew you had been losing weight, but I didn't realize it was that much.

"You're a smart, successful young man with an adorable little belly."

JVELAw2.jpg
Oh my gods! :D I am giggling so badly!

Hahah, those are so awesome! You better now have proper pics of them too.

If I ever get lost in SF, can I let you know too?

I rarely eat seafood that isn't canned tuna so I know I'm hurting for some Omega-3s

Plan on taking 3 a day which should last me two months. Maybe look into eating some seafood two nights a week in place of meat to bring down my Omega-6 intake too.

I eat these monsters:

DMqEiMr.jpg

650 EPA / 450 DHA.

ILoveBish

I've been wearing a compression shirt ever since I got strict on diet, xl is now loose on me and it was crazy tight when I got it, going for a large size this week. They're 20 at target for the champion brand and they're awesome. I just wear a shirt over it because everything looks awesome other then belly wearing it. I feel it helps compress loose skin also, like love handles, etc.

I just wear a shirt over it because everything looks awesome other then belly wearing it. I feel it helps compress loose skin also, like love handles, etc.

I must say that when I was a bit bigger I definitely had the temptation to wear them out under shirts like some sort of corset. :D

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What!? No photos?

70 pounds is a huge difference. I am amazed. I knew you had been losing weight, but I didn't realize it was that much.

My problem was I didn't believe I had GAINED so goddamn much. I was like "yeah I must be like 280 right? Maybe 270?" Fuck you Sunny, you're 320. WHAT

That's what throwing a scale out will do. God DAMMIT. Still, I'm lookin' right and ready to muscle up again.

They were pretty much the only ones I could find that I didn't have to eat hundreds of them per day to get the target I was going for. To be honest I don't really know what this sort of stuff costs so I can't say if they were particularly expensive or not. I did manage to buy them in bulk for what seemed like a pretty good price.

ILoveBish

I must say that when I was a bit bigger I definitely had the temptation to wear them out under shirts like some sort of corset. :D

I recommend it actually, ive seen a good composition change on loose skin from the few weeks ive been wearing it. Might go tonight and go get the large size actually.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Ok, I understand the New Years crowd and the wanting to better them selves. But holy shit my gym can not handle these people! Literally!

The equipment is just being broken by these people from just slamming the weight down. Hell one of the smith machines is wobbling! How do freaking break a smith machine! And not only that, a peg on a leg press SNAPED OFF! And lastly the dumbbells. This aren't solid dumbbells. They are little plates just screwed together and from the constant dropping have come loose and almost unusable. Also No one knows how to rack weights ether.

I know I'm just ranting here or more or less venting. I just wished people just treated the equipment better :(

Ok, I understand the New Years crowd and the wanting to better them selves. But holy shit my gym can not handle these people! Literally!

The equipment is just being broken by these people from just slamming the weight down. Hell one of the smith machines is wobbling! How do freaking break a smith machine! And not only that, a peg on a leg press SNAPED OFF! And lastly the dumbbells. This aren't solid dumbbells. They are little plates just screwed together and from the constant dropping have come loss and almost unusable. Also No one knows how to rack weights ether.

I know I'm just ranting here or more or less venting. I just wished people just treated the equipment better :(

I know that feel. My 24 is a mess of unracked weights and plates

Szu

I don't do this too often, but I decided to take a few videos. Feel free to make fun of this old man.

I did three sets of each, except for the OH squat at 145 lbs. I kept the back squats light because I felt a bit of tightness in my right inner quad after the 145 fail.

Overhead squat 135 lbs
http://youtu.be/k6QFiPpZESE

Overhead squat 145 lbs 3 rep fail
http://youtu.be/BtXND2LAk-I

Back squat 225 lbs with paused last rep
http://youtu.be/iYw3U8BDaFQ

Front squat 160 lbs
http://youtu.be/AVW0C2uOcQ0

Bonus vids
http://youtu.be/SfhfPmgy8M8
http://youtu.be/MKSwfcCLfBo

The equipment is just being broken by these people from just slamming the weight down. Hell one of the smith machines is wobbling! How do freaking break a smith machine! And not only that, a peg on a leg press SNAPED OFF! And lastly the dumbbells. This aren't solid dumbbells. They are little plates just screwed together and from the constant dropping have come loose and almost unusable. Also No one knows how to rack weights ether.

I find those are much bigger issues with the regulars than the new comers, almost entirely so. Most of the newish people stick to things like the treadmill and if they do venture off it's to use small weights (hard to break anything).

It's the bigger more experienced guys who never rack their stuff and drop heavy weights on the floor and break them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom