• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Makes sense. What's 1k for you monsters anyway? 5x - 6x?
I don't know where everyone is at but my guess is Imm0rt4l or a healthy MTP would have the highest number. I'm currently about 7x but will be around 7.5 come summer.

sphinx

the piano man
ok..... I'll put this here. These two pics are of the same guy, random internet dude.

the first one is 2007 and the second one is 2013

six years.....

londonguy2007_zps02bbca12.jpg

londonguy2013_zps2384800a.jpg

so what do we do fitgaf???

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ok..... I'll put this here. These two pics are of the same guy, random internet dude.

the first one is 2007 and the second one is 2013

six years.....

so what do we do fitgaf???

Nothing? First off 6 years is a long time. Second, even if he is using (probably is), who cares? It only matters when/if he tries to compete natural, compares himself to naturals or outright claims natural.

sphinx

the piano man
it's just that when I see examples of this it really make me reconsider everything regarding the natural/roided thing.

Some guys looks like ass after steroids but this guy looks great,

Nothing? First off 6 years is a long time. Second, even if he is using (probably is), who cares? It only matters when/if he tries to compete natural, compares himself to naturals or outright claims natural.

you mean this might be possible to achieve naturally in six years?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Judging from the body type in the first pic? Unlikely. Even more unlikely if he's a fitness personality on YouTube/Instagram.

Again though, it doesn't matter unless he's posing as something he's not.

Look at my bud. Natty or nah?

https://www.facebook.com/tim.cline2/posts/10153083223043833

it's just that when I see examples of this it really make me reconsider everything regarding the natural/roided thing.

Some guys looks like ass after steroids but this guy looks great,

To the first part, this is what it looks like when you do it right. I have a bunch of friends that look like that. Their BB is on point.

Windam

Scaley member
Are pants like these okay for gym workouts? I know they're soccer pants, but I've got super scrawny legs (I'm super skinny) (also they're pretty hairy) that I don't like showing off. I've been looking at gym gear to get so I can start using my university's gym.

Imm0rt4l

I don't take issue with the new year new me crowd coming in droves thought it is annoying. I'm not any more entitled to using the gym as anyone else. But some of these people have no fucking gym etiquette. taking the bar off the bench so you can deadlift right IN FRONT of the bench. why.png. There are open spaces that you can easily deadlift at, but you want to basically occupy a bench that you aren't using...smh

squat rack was open though, so impromptu leg day. downside was no belt or chucks.

also.

http://instagram.com/p/x5TkXJnTXp/?modal=true

2nd set of my topset of squats from a week ago. Camera angle isn't the most flattering for depth. The 2nd set looks suspect, but I'm watching myself in the mirror. 455x4x2 last rep was a grind.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I don't take issue with the new year new me crowd coming in droves thought it is annoying. I'm not any more entitled to using the gym as anyone else. But some of these people have no fucking gym etiquette. taking the bar off the bench so you can deadlift right IN FRONT of the bench. why.png. There are open spaces that you can easily deadlift at, but you want to basically occupy a bench that you aren't using...smh

squat rack was open though, so impromptu leg day. downside was no belt or chucks.

also.

2nd set of my topset of squats from a week ago. Camera angle isn't the most flattering for depth. The 2nd set looks suspect, but I'm watching myself in the mirror. 455x4x2 last rep was a grind.

This is why mirrors are bad and I always face away they will give you a false sense of depth, plus you're not learning how your body feels to gauge depth/proper form.

Once I faced away and relied on my camera after the fact my form on everything got better.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
I assume anyone who is bigger than me is on the special sauce. /s

Anyone who profits off their body image, strength, or competes is very likely using. It's very easy to obtain steroids with just the click of your mouse and it's not even that expensive. I'm all for personal use if it's done safely but claiming natty when you sauce is misleading. Uninformed beginners and novices will believe what they see and have unrealistic expectations.

Imm0rt4l

This is why mirrors are bad and I always face away they will give you a false sense of depth, plus you're not learning how your body feels to gauge depth/proper form.

Once I faced away and relied on my camera after the fact my form on everything got better.

I'm not planning on competing at the moment so I don't mind using it as my cue right now. There is 1 other squat rack, it also faces a mirror, but it's a cage so I can actually face the otherway.

Szu

also.

Making it look easy, nice work!!!

Imm0rt4l

I assume anyone who is bigger than me is on the special sauce. /s

Anyone who profits off their body image, strength, or competes is very likely using. It's very easy to obtain steroids with just the click of your mouse and it's not even that expensive. I'm all for personal use if it's done safely but claiming natty when you sauce is misleading. Uninformed beginners and novices will believe what they see and have unrealistic expectations.

10413857_432705533539075_1647648314_n.jpg

10724610_813497558673509_518347731_n.jpg

You're just a jelly hater!

This is doug miller at 5'9" 210 lbs, striated glutes and all. You're clearly just not working hard enough. Yeah he majored in biochemistry and biology, which means he's just really smart. It doesn't mean he knows anything about drugs or their chemistry, he's like smart and really optimal with his training and stuff.

/sarcasm

Really though, there is nothing wrong with PED use in and of itself. But like you said it creates false expectations of impressionable newbies. And competing with others while on drugs is a scumbag thing to do.
Making it look easy, nice work!!!

Thanks man! but to be fair it's at x1.25 speed to fit the reps into 14 seconds

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm not planning on competing at the moment so I don't mind using it as my cue right now. There is 1 other squat rack, it also faces a mirror, but it's a cage so I can actually face the otherway.

Yeah in my cages I'll flip the cups to the other side and do it thst way. I hate mirrors now.

Be even better when my damned jcups come in for my yoke.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You get them for you to take with you or are you apart of the home gym masterrace now?

You haven't seen my home gym videos brah?

Yeah I got a yoke, log, bumpers, farmer handles up to 85lbs in DBs, sandbags (150 and 200) a bench and a petty decent bow flex that the previous home owner left when I bought the place that I use for pull downs.

Imm0rt4l

Yeah I got a yoke, log, bumpers, farmer handles up to 85lbs in DBs, sandbags (150 and 200) a bench and a petty decent bow flex that the previous home owner left when I bought the place that I use for pull downs.

shiiiiiiiiiit

jelly, I'll have to give em' a look. Haven't been as active lately.

SeanR1221

So Steve P friended me and commented on like 4 of my pictures with funny things.

And I haven't officially started with him yet. That's next week

Sadetar

Ooh, my neighbour asked could she join me to the gym today and could I show her what to do. I think my bad influence is spreading. :p

Brolic spoiling us with sweet vids again. Always appreciated. :D

We sure are lucky. Matter of fact it's quite the coincidence that nearly all of FitGaf was blessed with great genetics. What are the odds?
I know. I hate you all for that.

I really hate when that happens and I know people whom it happens a lot. Sadly it seems i haven't been blessed with those particularly awesome genes. ;)

Are pants like these okay for gym workouts? I know they're soccer pants, but I've got super scrawny legs (I'm super skinny) (also they're pretty hairy) that I don't like showing off. I've been looking at gym gear to get so I can start using my university's gym.
Looks totally fine to me. They are still made for sports and should feel nice. I see all kind of things at my university's gym. As long as you feel comfortable in them, they are totally fine. :)

Thanks man! but to be fair it's at x1.25 speed to fit the reps into 14 seconds
I still need to say, it looks absolutely beasty. <3

So Steve P friended me and commented on like 4 of my pictures with funny things.

And I haven't officially started with him yet. That's next week
Sounds like incredible start to begin with! :D

Sad day fitness bros, fitness legend Greg Plitt just died today. Was struck by a train while filming. Can't believe it, he and Rob Riches were the ones who got me into fitness. RIP

Nelo Ice

Banned
Haven't posted here in awhile but after 5 months of sporadic lifting I'm finally back home and lifting normally again. Slowly regaining my strength but I went back to SS so I could get my strength back relatively quickly. Anyway just wanted to say I managed to deadlift 205x5 lbs with double overhand grip. First time I've ever done that. Usually 205 lbs and up forces me to used mixed grip but for some reason I have tremendously improved grip strength.

BumRush

Dan dude, very impressive.

Sad day fitness bros, fitness legend Greg Plitt just died today. Was struck by a train while filming. Can't believe it, he and Rob Riches were the ones who got me into fitness. RIP

Just read that on my Facebook feed. I was expecting something steroid related. RIP to another fitness legend.

Can anybody recommend a 4 day upper body lower body workout routine splits for me? I decided to get more serious with my weight training and also get a more consistent routine.

Also, I hear different things about the off day between the splits. Some say to do cardio but others say not to. What is best or is this up to me / how my body feels?

Thank you.

Edit: Ignore this poor fool.

BumRush

Just wanted to thank FitGAF. I'm 31 now with a wife and a 6 month old and my days of working out for PRs / muscles / aesthetics are over. Fitness, to me, now means staying in shape so I can be around for my family as long as possible. If the other things still come, that's okay too.

I had taken a little break from lifting after my daughter was born, but still lurking in here every once in a while. Seeing the Darths, Brolics, Cooters, Sphinxs, FallingEdges, Seans, Szus (apologies if I left anyone out, you're all incredible) doing it day in day out - real people - gets me motivated as fuck. I've worked out 9 times in the last 2 weeks, am exhausted all over, and it feels amazing.

Thanks.

Eklipsis

Just wanted to thank FitGAF. I'm 31 now with a wife and a 6 month old and my days of working out for PRs / muscles / aesthetics are over. Fitness, to me, now means staying in shape so I can be around for my family as long as possible. If the other things still come, that's okay too.

I had taken a little break from lifting after my daughter was born, but still lurking in here every once in a while. Seeing the Darths, Brolics, Cooters, Sphinxs, FallingEdges, Seans, Szus (apologies if I left anyone out, you're all incredible) doing it day in day out - real people - gets me motivated as fuck. I've worked out 9 times in the last 2 weeks, am exhausted all over, and it feels amazing.

Thanks.

I just turned 31 and have a wife and 3kids ages 6/4/2 and work full time (2nd shift) and I've just started chasing PRs

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Thanks.

Keep at it bud. Thst initial time when you have a kid and have to relearn how to budget time sucks, but the weight pile will always be there. Also, thanks for the kind words.

BumRush

Keep at it bud. Thst initial time when you have a kid and have to relearn how to budget time sucks, but the weight pile will always be there. Also, thanks for the kind words.

Thanks man. It is hard to squeeze in the time, but I know you guys have so much shit going on too that I have to be able to do it as well. It only takes 2-3 weeks of repetition to be "back" and I feel back! Keep putting your vids up and posting your progress. It helps everyone.

I just turned 31 and have a wife and 3kids ages 6/4/2 and work full time (2nd shift) and I've just started chasing PRs

Great man! Best of luck!

rokkerkory

Thanks man. It is hard to squeeze in the time, but I know you guys have so much shit going on too that I have to be able to do it as well. It only takes 2-3 weeks of repetition to be "back" and I feel back! Keep putting your vids up and posting your progress. It helps everyone.

Great man! Best of luck!

Sounds like you got your priorities right! Fitness means different things to each of us but to be fit enough to take care of your family sounds really great to me.

I've been lurking here last 3 months as well as my MCL is still healing. 3 months of not touching lower body I have seen a big time deterioration but it's ok. Will be back at it once it heals.

Have been less strict on my diet too because it got way too difficult with schedule and work and all to eat chicken and brocoli for each meal haha.

You guys motivate me! Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom