• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the bottom of the rep you're dropping your chest, which probably means you're bringing the bar down to be ahead of your midfoot instead of going straight down. It also means your core isn't tight enough.

Eklipsis

At the bottom of the rep you're dropping your chest, which probably means you're bringing the bar down to be ahead of your midfoot instead of going straight down. It also means your core isn't tight enough.
The first rep it wasn't so bad but u can really see it on the second one...chest really drops.

sphinx

the piano man
even so, since he's stalling at a low weight, I would have expected a much worse form,

that's pretty decent, good range of motion, good mobility and flexibility.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Brolic!! Destroyed 385 on flat bench. I didn't use a full leg drive and Arch but a modified virsions of both were I kept tension in my core and legs and agusted the angle of my chest and blew up 385 esay. Thank you for the advise. Still a work in progress though.

Edit: my grammar and spelling skills suck between sets!

Next time record that shit. Well done.

Hmm... I have thought for a while that my knees had been "clunking" when doing squats, but after messing around doing some body weight stuff earlier today I think it might actually be my ankle(s). Not really sure if that's better or worse.

How'd I miss this? Fucking grown ass man you are!

Jesus Christ

Aawwwwww yiss!

I am always so amazed what kind of numbers you lads are talking about. You are starting to be quite a big boy. :p

Posting this link from some days gone ago.

http://youtu.be/ZWUcHKAj_tc

hah, thanks friends!

No video? Da fuq? Congrats anyway man. Next to pass 6 hundo maybe? You and immortal can race!

I wish I did. Honestly, it was just random and spur of the moment. The guy I was working out with asked if I wanted to do some deadlifts. Said fuck it and sure. We just loaded up a plate on each side and just kept going. The most casual PR I have ever done lol. I will get a vid next time. And I know I can do 545. It is right there. I can taste it.

ILoveBish

As long as you're not sneezing all over I say go and see how your warm ups feel

The sneezing stopped this morning thankfully, and I went to the gym for ohp but every rack and cage was taken! So I went and did deadlifts instead and got a very successful deadlift done, hit 400x1 then almost had a heart attack doing my first set last 3x10 after that. Going to the gym is the best. 2015 going to be so good.

TTOOLL

so, I heard in order to burn fat I should run at a slower pace and for a longer period of time, like 40 minutes. Is this correct?

so, I heard in order to burn fat I should run at a slower pace and for a longer period of time, like 40 minutes. Is this correct?

Technically, yes... lower heart rate means a higher percentage of your calories come from fat. Practically, no... because if you can do just as many minutes at a higher heart rate then you'll be burning just as much fat anyway because even though a lower percentage is being burned from fat, you're burning more in total.

Quick example... 150 kcal burned, 50% fat, 75 kcal of fat. 250 kcal burned, 30% fat, 75 kcal of fat.

A lot of people do high intensity interval training for their cardio these days as it revs up the metabolism helping you to burn fat when you're not training.

TTOOLL

Technically, yes... lower heart rate means a higher percentage of your calories come from fat. Practically, no... because if you can do just as many minutes at a higher heart rate then you'll be burning just as much fat anyway because even though a lower percentage is being burned from fat, you're burning more in total.

Quick example... 150 kcal burned, 50% fat, 75 kcal of fat. 250 kcal burned, 30% fat, 75 kcal of fat.

A lot of people do high intensity interval training for their cardio these days as it revs up the metabolism helping you to burn fat when you're not training.

Thanks for the explanation, Psychotext! I'll try to run 45 minutes at a comfortable pace. I normally run 4 km in about 24 minutes. Not awesome but....

sphinx

the piano man
speaking about running I plain gave up cardio since November.

I refuse to use the treadmill indoors and watch a fucking TV for 40 minutes.

I love cardio as much as lifting but I need trees, rivers, mountains, sun and air.

but once again Mexico is coming so yeah, I will get back to it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I feel like I may have pulled something today. After my squat session my left hip flexor feels crazy tight and is kinda uncomfortable. This is probably because I didn't take a rest day like I should have.

Should I just stretch it out or leave it?

Dinjooh

The first rep it wasn't so bad but u can really see it on the second one...chest really drops.

even so, since he's stalling at a low weight, I would have expected a much worse form,

that's pretty decent, good range of motion, good mobility and flexibility.

I really appreciate the feedback. I think I was a bit overwhelmed by the weight at first so it took some time getting my balance right, I feel like my 2nd and 3rd set was much better in that regard. I'll try to focus on that come wednesday.

J. Bravo

Tried to do way too much today. 4? hours of sleep, nothing but coffee and vyvanse at work from 7-330 because it was so damn busy. Came home and ate some pulled pork and potatoes before going to gym for heavy upper body day. Had a fantastic workout. Benched 230 3 times and killed the rest of it. Felt like shit afterwards. Omw to friends house to smoke and hot tub and threw up lmao. I need way more sleep and calories. And puking didn't even make me feel any better.

SeanR1221

I really appreciate the feedback. I think I was a bit overwhelmed by the weight at first so it took some time getting my balance right, I feel like my 2nd and 3rd set was much better in that regard. I'll try to focus on that come wednesday.

Few other things

You need to get a LOT tighter. Squeeze the elbows back like you're trying to touch them together, really press your back into the bar, chest up, tighten your core, take a deep breath so your belly pushed out and hold it.

Also, DO NOT turn your head. You already have it turned at the start of the video indication how loose you are.

Can't get myself motivated at the gym, guys what do you say about joining a Kickboxing program? The studio gym where they do it at goes 4 days a week about 14 people. 1st hour cardio/punching bag work, 2nd hour technique. I am looking solely to cut weight.

Sounds good to me, anything that motivates you and is fun to you is great. Having a course tied down in your calender can definitely help get you in the gym on a regular basis.

Get obese for a couple of years, then lose the weight. That, or walk around with 40kg in a backpack.

Problem with the calves is that they're used to moving around a ton of weight on a daily basis, so unless you do a massive amount of work on them, they're very hard to build.

Hiz_95

Anyone have experience with bands? I'm thinking about buying some to help get my deadlift up. Any insight on what length or tension level I should get would be appreciated.

If it helps I'm 5"10 with a roughly average convential deadlift ROM. I won't be pulling from a deficit or blocks since I don't have any decent way to do that at the gyms which I train at.

Eklipsis

Ok married fitGAF do you lift with your ring on? Mine is pinching my hand in between the ring and bar and sometimes its quite painful and I can't grip as well as I can with the other hand.

Chocobro

Anyone have experience with bands? I'm thinking about buying some to help get my deadlift up. Any insight on what length or tension level I should get would be appreciated.

If it helps I'm 5"10 with a roughly average convential deadlift ROM. I won't be pulling from a deficit or blocks since I don't have any decent way to do that at the gyms which I train at.
Bart Kwan uses bands in some of his workouts. He uses orange bands. Buy them from EliteFTS. See if you can find some people who are interesting in buying some items from EliteFTS or just buy more bands because the shipping is just stupid expensive (especially for one item) back when I bought bands last Thanksgiving '13; I was lucky enough to have two other friends that wanted to buy bands so we split the shipping to around $3-3.25/person. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBvOPZhXHVY Feel free to look at his other (deadlift) videos. He also uses the orange bands for banded speed squats.

I understand he's doing sumo DLs, but the general idea is there. If you want, you can buy the red bands too and try both red and orange. The red one is good for general rehab and mobility. Might as well get it IMO.
Ok married fitGAF do you lift with your ring on? Mine is pinching my hand in between the ring and bar and sometimes its quite painful and I can't grip as well as I can with the other hand.

I'm not married, but I don't think anyone should be wearing a ring in the gym when lifting. Take it off.

SeanR1221

Google degloving.

After you throw up from the pictures, you'll never wear your ring to the gym again.

BumRush

Also bought some slim fit jeans on sale from banana republic and I think I'm in love.

I probably won't ever wear "regular fit" or "relaxed fit" jeans again!

Also, I love your username.

That's what I've been doing - was maybe gonna throw in burpees or something

Oh! Open up your workout with 30/30 X 10 on the treadmill (30 seconds of sprint, 30 of light job).

Then, do 5 circuits of push-ups, pull-ups, burpees, mountain climbers.

Pick yourself up off the floor.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm in the same boat. Most of my pants are getting tighter and tighter as my noob gains kick in from squatting. Soon, I will gain dat ass effect.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can't get my thighs in slim fit jeans. I look ridiculous if I try.

(Doesn't help that I have no ass, it looks like someone stole it)

I too have a Hank Hill ass and it's a source of a lot of irritation. I need that pumpkin booty.

I really should try some of those SEXY CROTCH THRUSTS to see if I can build it up a bit. Or get implants, whatever ends up sexier.

Unf

Crossfit_c82a43_5424699.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will cosign and say wearing a thong is a worthy replacement for boxer briefs. Let those cheeks breathe.

I really should try some of those SEXY CROTCH THRUSTS to see if I can build it up a bit. Or get implants, whatever ends up sexier.

Unf

Crossfit_c82a43_5424699.gif

IDGAF, I do a variation of these at the gym, I probably look ridiculous, but it has helped my glutes and hamstrings. My ass looking nice as fuck now.

CrankyJay

Banned
Alright, back in the mix, took it super easy this morning...feels like I easily lost 50+ lbs on the bench of a few weeks will fix that. I don't think taking a month and a half off should make that much of a permanent change.

PBY

Banned
I probably won't ever wear "regular fit" or "relaxed fit" jeans again!

Also, I love your username.

Oh! Open up your workout with 30/30 X 10 on the treadmill (30 seconds of sprint, 30 of light job).

Then, do 5 circuits of push-ups, pull-ups, burpees, mountain climbers.

Pick yourself up off the floor.
This is what I was looking for.

Will try it out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom