• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eklipsis

I too have a Hank Hill ass and it's a source of a lot of irritation. I need that pumpkin booty.

Seriously my wife tells me this all the time

BLuFqJ_CQAAWT8J.jpg

I really should try some of those SEXY CROTCH THRUSTS to see if I can build it up a bit. Or get implants, whatever ends up sexier.

Unf

Crossfit_c82a43_5424699.gif

never done them with a kettlebell but barbell glute raises/hip thrusts are legit

guy in gif is really into it

Can't get my thighs in slim fit jeans. I look ridiculous if I try.

(Doesn't help that I have no ass, it looks like someone stole it)

how big are your thighs? mine are pushing 28+ inches (fair amount of fat) but I do need to get a size up as far as waist.

how big are your thighs? mine are pushing 28+ inches (fair amount of fat) but I do need to get a size up as far as waist.
Not as big as yours, but I'm guessing I'm quite a bit smaller all around. Didn't consider getting going up in size on the waist, seemed like an odd choice just to make my legs look like drainpipes. :D

Anybody ever try Orange Theory??? I have 2 free sessions courtesy of the job and I was just wondering what the fuck is it. Is it just a glorified HIIT circuit training program with a HR monitor?

Anybody ever try Orange Theory??? I have 2 free sessions courtesy of the job and I was just wondering what the fuck is it. Is it just a glorified HIIT circuit training program with a HR monitor?
yup.you do hiit in a dimly lit room with orange lights. my friend had a membership for about month, she stopped going

I felt my kneecap track the wrong way during my warmup squats. now my right knee hurts when I squat down. sigh.

yup.you do hiit in a dimly lit room with orange lights. my friend had a membership for about month, she stopped going

I felt my kneecap track the wrong way during my warmup squats. now my right knee hurts when I squat down. sigh.
*Looks at the membership prices*

No wonder she stopped. That shit is more expensive than crossfit jesus christ

sphinx

the piano man
so I am headed to the gym and it's squats/leg day so I want to take video, I haven't asked for a form check in a while.,

however, it's peak hours and Tuesday.... so better get there right now and camp to the side of the power rack.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I have a pair of off white cotten slim fit pants that just huge everyyyyything. I like that my leg muscularity can be seen with them

BumRush

Free gym at work just randomly bought all new equipment...sometimes we do catch a break in life!!

Lunch workouts are my new go-to.

Kickz

Sounds good to me, anything that motivates you and is fun to you is great. Having a course tied down in your calender can definitely help get you in the gym on a regular basis.

Yea my thinking as well. First night is tonight and I am kinda nervous. Gonna try and not over do it since I haven't been to a gym since November... I remember once jumping into a routine at LA Fitness with a trainer and I was so sore I could literally not get out of bed the next day.

sphinx

the piano man
I had to wait like 20 minutes but could use the squat rack.

this is a 230 x 5 set,

shaky feet because of shitty shoes,

I think I hit at least paralel on all reps, third rep was a grind I don't know why, I probably lost balance, I don't detect butt wink,but there probably is a bit on the 4th rep, knees felt good.

230 isn't a PR (I reached 247.5 x 5 a while ago) but it's near, I am looking into improving my squat numbers in the next weeks/months,

Today was 105 kgs, I hope I can steadily add 10 kgs til summer without fucking up my knees. I pussy out way to easy, as soon as my left knee starts aching, I start backing off and getting off the strength train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABnumk-pM6k&feature=youtu.be

EDIT= cross posting from the progress thread, I had put a stand alone pic here but I prefer this. 7 months inbetween, Yesterday -> June 2014

Far too many half naked men in this thread!

Two a day today, chest then a session on the turbo. Was particularly good. Felt strong on the weights then backed it up after a huge recovery meal with a cadence / power / heart rate record on the turbo trainer. \o/

Edit - Dude, I was just playing. Don't take your photo away! It's good that people are posting them.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Front squirts (as MTP has dubbed them). New 10lb PB 385lbs easy. Should have got 405lbs no problem, but dumped it twice. Did long pause back squats (in video) and good mornings to finish.

I'd be surprised if my BS isnt at 500 now.

http://youtu.be/HBXjJp3Zt1c

I had to wait like 20 minutes but could use the squat rack.

this is a 230 x 5 set,

shaky feet because of shitty shoes,

I think I hit at least paralel on all reps, third rep was a grind I don't know why, I probably lost balance, I don't detect butt wink,but there probably is a bit on the 4th rep, knees felt good.

230 isn't a PR (I reached 247.5 x 5 a while ago) but it's near, I am looking into improving my squat numbers in the next weeks/months,

Today was 105 kgs, I hope I can steadily add 10 kgs til summer without fucking up my knees. I pussy out way to easy, as soon as my left knee starts aching, I start backing off and getting off the strength train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABnumk-pM6k&feature=youtu.be

Looked good to me from that angle bud.

Some new studies about vitamin C and E supplements, especially used by sportsy guys for training effects.

Lifting people:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/doi/10.1113/jphysiol.2013.267419/

- The vitamin C and E supplement did not significantly blunt muscle hypertrophy during 10 weeks of training; however, some measurements of muscle strength revealed lower increases in the supplemented group than the placebo group.

Running people:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/doi/10.1113/jphysiol.2013.267419/

-Our results show that vitamin C and E supplements blunted the endurance training-induced increase of mitochondrial proteins (COX4), which is important for improving muscular endurance.

sphinx

the piano man
Form looks good man. I think you nailed your own assessment. Third rep was a bit shaky but you can throw that out because of the other 4. Also, Maybe go a little slower both up and down.

Looked good to me from that angle bud.

I am glad there aren't major mistakes. it definitely wasn't ass to grass but since that was the regular squat rack and not the power rack with safety bars, I think I had a bit of a mental barrier, I was thinking "you CAN NOT fuck it up, and lose balance and fall backwards or something"

next week definitely going up to the next increment.

BlueTsunami

For you guys deadlifting raw, do you hook grip? I feel I'm nearing the limit of my grip strength with a conventional grip. I think I'll work on my grip strength regardless.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
For you guys deadlifting raw, do you hook grip? I feel I'm nearing the limit of my grip strength with a conventional grip. I think I'll work on my grip strength regardless.
Mixed grip. I have yet to get to a point where my grip was my limiting factor.

BlueTsunami

Mixed grip. I have yet to get to a point where my grip was my limiting factor.

I've used a mixed grip a couple of times when I've taxed my grip, definitely helped. Thinking I may just stick with that since resetting the hook grip every rep seems like a pain

Nope, chalk and mixed grip. Work your grip by static holds at end of your deads and farmer walks.

Definitely doing static holds from now on. And I'll try and incorporate farmers walks too

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Hi Fit-GAF.

I've had a very bad posture for most of my life and i'm trying to fix it before starting to work out "normally" again. Here are my current issues:

1. Forward shoulders: I started doing a month ago some exercises to strengthen my back, in order to bring my shoulders backward. Right now I'm working on strengthening my lower traps (Prone Y exercise) and my serratus anterior (scap push-ups). I'm also doing some bent over rows for my rhomboids, and flies for my mid traps. It's helping, a lot actually! I'm seeing pretty good results, but I have another problem:

2. Straight thoracic spine. Back exercises usually involve bringing back your scapula. But my thoracic spine is already very straight, and this can't be very good. Is there a way to fix the curve with some exercises/daily stretches? I'm already doing the "cat stretch" but it's obviously not enough. I'm also trying to start breathing normally again (using the diaphragm instead of chest breathing, although it's tough as hell to change), which is supposed to help mobilize the thoracic area.

3. Last issue: anterior pelvic tilt. For this i've been working on lengthening the hip flexors and strengthening my glutes. I think it's been working fine so far.

Any hints/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hi Fit-GAF.

I've had a very bad posture for most of my life and i'm trying to fix it before starting to work out "normally" again. Here are my current issues:

1. Forward shoulders: I started doing a month ago some exercises to strengthen my back, in order to bring my shoulders backward. Right now I'm working on strengthening my lower traps (Prone Y exercise) and my serratus anterior (scap push-ups). I'm also doing some bent over rows for my rhomboids, and flies for my mid traps. It's helping, a lot actually! I'm seeing pretty good results, but I have another problem:

2. Straight thoracic spine. Back exercises usually involve bringing back your scapula. But my thoracic spine is already very straight, and this can't be very good. Is there a way to fix the curve with some exercises/daily stretches? I'm already doing the "cat stretch" but it's obviously not enough. I'm also trying to start breathing normally again (using the diaphragm instead of chest breathing, although it's tough as hell to change), which is supposed to help mobilize the thoracic area.

3. Last issue: forward pelvis. For this i've been working on lengthening the hip flexors and strengthening my glutes. I think it's been working fine so far.

Any hints/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Alan Thrall has some good videos that I've been using to fix my anterior pelvic tilt. He has another video for posterior pelvic tilt as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAoEhp4p0Zs

Sadetar

Ugh. The gym was so packed today and I needed to wait all the time. Other than that it was actually surprisingly fruitful visit and I managed to get up with quite many weights (still baby numbers, but I am happy none the less).

Also I noticed I have managed to tear my gym pants (I don't know how or when, but there is a huge tear on the ass) and needed to go buy new ones. Shame I didn't do it earlier, the ones I got are if possible even more comfy than my old ones. :p

Thanks guys! Fitgaf always motivates me to workout harder!
Hahaha, same. Sometimes I think I partly work out for this place. :p

But yeah, awesome work!

Bodybuilding GAF, how do I get bigger calves? I feel like my lower legs are puny as fuck. I like my quads and glutes okay but I want proportionally big calves!

http://m.imgur.com/kdhrIaJ

Also bought some slim fit jeans on sale from banana republic and I think I'm in love.
I wouldn't call those puny... You have damn fine looking legs as they are (and also very nice upper body I need to add)!

And now I really want to see you, BumRush and FE in skinny jeans! (For science you know, I want to see how it goes with big muscles...) ;)

I really should try some of those SEXY CROTCH THRUSTS to see if I can build it up a bit. Or get implants, whatever ends up sexier.

Unf

Crossfit_c82a43_5424699.gif
Hahahah, oh my gods I am laughing so hard.
(And now I am bit scared that I look like that at the gym too...)

I too have a Hank Hill ass and it's a source of a lot of irritation. I need that pumpkin booty.
I have really hard time imagining your ass would be like that... Any photos to prove you right? I am thinking you might be a bit too modest now. :p

I will cosign and say wearing a thong is a worthy replacement for boxer briefs. Let those cheeks breathe.
And now I feel bad I was couple days gone and totally missed this priceless underwear discussion. :p I am with you there though, thongs all the way. Especially with fitting gym pants I hate it that you can see the lines of normal underwears.

I have a pair of off white cotten slim fit pants that just huge everyyyyything. I like that my leg muscularity can be seen with them
Sounds very promising...
Are you planning to show them off by any chance?

Far too many half naked men in this thread!
thor-I-like-it.jpg

Szu

Didn't eat much today...time to make up for it.

08M2tBy.jpg

WTF are those bananas doing there? The fries are looking at them and saying "You came to the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker!!"

The reason the glass of milk is allowed to stay is because the burgers vouched for him because they're related.

I'm starting to wonder how on earth anyone clean bulks when they're on more than 3.5k calories. I pretty much ate continuously today and barely scraped my target.

Going to have to turn to pizza and cake soon!

Szu

I'm starting to wonder how on earth anyone clean bulks when they're on more than 3.5k calories. I pretty much ate continuously today and barely scraped my target.

Going to have to turn to pizza and cake soon!

Good luck finding any before Brolic gets to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom