• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, out of curiosity, at which age did you start working out seriously and with dedication? I find it really difficult to try and compatibilize studying a career in pharmacy (my case) with all it's implications and also working out at least 3 days a week, while being worried about foods and macros...

Now i'm on vacation until march and i need to get from 67 kg to 70 kg, but i'm worried about what'll do after this time. I don't know if a 2 day routine (on weekends) could be effective at all...

Dinjooh

Just came home from the gym to a plate full of grilled vegetables, nom nom nom.

hxXhYst.jpg

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Thanks Sphinx. Ordered a large black one. Can't wear it until summer and when I drop 20 or so pounds but it will be ready !

Tour of Sufferlandria - Day Four Complete

Got my chest workout out of the way fairly early today and was feeling pretty good going into day four of the tour. Started off well, no major problems, hard but manageable. The last but one set was a surprise, opened up much harder than I expected and I had to shout at myself to stay with it. :D

Managed to hold on for a legit 2 minute power output PR, which is pretty cool given the fatigue that's building up now.

Nine Hammers
http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/1560488-sufferfest-nine-hammers

<The United Nations Has Removed Descriptive Content as it Violates Ethical Human Treatment Standards.> But you still have to do the stage.

5 days to go, heart and lungs still really good. Not feeling tired. Legs are starting to fade a bit now. I find myself switching up cadence quite a lot to stay with the pace.

Showed up to the gym with some work out shorts and pants in my bag, but no extra shirt. I didn't feel like going home so I did my arms and chest day in my flannel shirt. Probably the first time I've ever sat down to bench my weak weights and not wondered if anyone was judging it. No Fs were given.

RoeBear

My ex, after seeing a picture of me on instagram, texted me to ask if I was on steroids. Best feeling. Fuck yeah.

This is where it's at.

I had a fantastic day at the gym today. The guy I want to hire to prep me invited me for chest day tomorrow. A chick asked me how to get legs. And the dude I asked to spot me for squats mentioned my instagram. The best part was it took me 20 minutes after finishing legs to waddle out of the place!

Cooter

Finished my workout then got stopped by a couple young kids asking me how to get bigger. Spent 5 to 10 minutes telling them exactly what things to eat and what lifts to do. Then a couple who I vaguely know asks for deadlift advice which turns into squat, bench press, and weighted dip instruction followed by a no nonsense talk about how he won't get much stronger without upping his calories. My good deeds quota is now fulfilled for the day.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell did you get into the bathroom? Did you walk through the door sideways?
It's all about camera angles. The door looks smaller because it's farther away, plus it's being reflected through the mirror. I estimate that FE is actually standing about 40 metres in front of the door. The downside is that with that in mind, he's actually looking pretty small, probably around 130-145 pounds. The upside is that that bathroom must be cavernous and luxurious.

Szu

It's all about camera angles. The door looks smaller because it's farther away, plus it's being reflected through the mirror. I estimate that FE is actually standing about 40 metres in front of the door. The downside is that with that in mind, he's actually looking pretty small, probably around 130-145 pounds. The upside is that that bathroom must be cavernous and luxurious.

Makes sense to me. However, I always wondered what brand of LED tv comes with a camera for him to take these pictures.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Makes sense to me. However, I always wondered what brand of LED tv comes with a camera for him to take these pictures.
Pretty sure it's the 3DS XXXXXXXL; Nintendo have the swolefie market locked up.

Palpable

So I took a progress shot this morning. Been going to the gym for a month and a half or so. Left shot I am not flexing. Right shot, I am. I feel like there isn't much of a difference. Keep in mind this is after a shower in the morning after I woke up. Really any difference here?

dcTBd7.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

What a comparison! Dreams do come true. You put the fucking work in and you goddamn do it. You're living proof. Fuck the lazy (I know I do, I like them soft)

Wolfe

Anyone tried different flavors of Optimum Nutrition whey protein? I'm almost done with the double rich chocolate flavor and was wondering if there are any other recommended flavors.

I've had strawberry (or was it called strawberry milkshake? either way) and it was too sweet for me. Then I tried vanilla and I fucking hate it, I mean vanilla ice cream is good but this shit isn't to me, can't stand it. Typically though I get double rich chocolate due to it being the first one I tried and founding that the flavor was tolerable/good.

Also due to my experience with the other two flavors and the cost to buy any of this stuff I can't bring myself to try any new flavors anymore lol. I know ON also has cookies and cream right? I always assumed that could be decent.

Oh and I always make mine with 8 oz of whole milk.

Edit: yeah FE that's a huge difference, well done dude.

Palpable

So I took a progress shot this morning. Been going to the gym for a month and a half or so. Left shot I am not flexing. Right shot, I am. I feel like there isn't much of a difference. Keep in mind this is after a shower in the morning after I woke up. Really any difference here?

dcTBd7.jpg

Quoting for new page.

sphinx

the piano man
Quoting for new page.

too soon to tell after 6 weeks. but after this:

Left shot I am not flexing. Right shot, I am

then answer is no, in my opinion.

flexing and no flexing makes a lot of difference, specially on your core/abs. Also warm (post workout) versus cold (after waking up or randomly anywhere) must also been considered when comparing. Compare apples to apples.

you look great in both though! you seem to have achieved a very nice goal, looking lean and cut. you are doing very well

ILoveBish

FE is a beast.

After being awake for 29 hours, i got about 7 hours of sleep and body felt beat up. Still hit the gym since its deload week and im always glad i made it in, had a great workout and kicked booty. I'm going to simplify my accessories going forward, the compound + FSL by itself takes a long time and kills me anyway, from now on, 1-2 accessories max after and they i'll be switching them every week. The meat and broccoli are the compounds so that is what the focus will always be on.

Haven't weigh'd myself in a while, maybe later this week i will once my sleep is fixed. Still eating ~1500-1800 a day, still feeling awesome. I love boring life, just concentrate on eating, sleeping and lifting (and work).

Palpable

too soon to tell after 6 weeks. but after this:

then answer is no, in my opinion.

flexing and no flexing makes a lot of difference, specially on your core/abs. Also warm (post workout) versus cold (after waking up or randomly anywhere) must also been considered when comparing. Compare apples to apples.

you look great in both though! you seem to have achieved a very nice goal, looking lean and cut. you are doing very well

Thank you kindly. I'll certainly do my best to keep at it.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Right guys I need your input. I am currently 185 pounds, 6'2.5, 24 years old, 32 waist and have always done cardio and never lifted much so don't know the right portions, etc. I would love to lift and look good in shape but I don't want to put too much fat on me. Should I do some cardio and drop to around 170 pounds and the begin this starting strength routine and see a PT to help with lifting? I just want to have some reasonable weight and be stronger and look good for physique!

EDIT: Also if you don't mind me asking. How long would you say you spend on average at the gym to do all the needed lifting for a session? Could it be done in 40-60 minutes if there was no one using the weights?

Anyone? :)

keezy

170 at 6'2''?

That doesn't sound like a good goal.

If you're looking to start lifting and adding muscle I would dial down on the cardio for a bit. Start lifting weights and optimize your diet. Focus on compound movements like bench, squat, and deadlifts. Once you get acclimated to lifting and figure out how your body responds to food then you can start tweaking things. I'd say if you're 185 at 6'2'' you're already pretty lean. I'd like to say I'm lean right now and I'm about 5'9'' and probably the same weight lol.

Best thing to do. Stop over thinking things. Just keep it simple. Lift, eat, repeat.

BumRush

Sorry man, didn't see it originally.

If I were you, I'd start SS right now. Don't cut first. Cutting can always be done when you're bigger. Eat a surplus of calories, but eat as clean as possible, and start with the bar only in SS.

You should be able to do your workouts in 45-60 minutes. Don't overdo cardio though...at most, do a little HIIT, no steady state (I feel like I say this in every post but TRUST me, it makes a huge difference).

Cooter

To put on muscle without fat gain is nearly impossible without help from various products. It is possible if you are new to weight lifting but this honeymoon period will soon end. You need to eat more than your body requires to maintain in order to put on muscle and unfortunately some fat gain comes along with that. Nothing you can't lose in a couple months. Learn the main compound lifts like squat, deadlift, overhead press, and bench press. Starting Strength in the OP is a great program to do this. I would say 40-60 minutes 3 times a week is plenty of time to build muscle, get stronger, and see results. The main components are consistency and diet and failing at these two will undoubtedly leave you unsatisfied. If you have any questions fire away in here and they will usually get answered.

EDIT: lol 3 post with almost exactly the same advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom