• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
I've been meaning to ask everyone here what are your favorite workout shirts (as in, everybody please post a pic wearing your favorite shirt or tank)

I keep talking about my zelda one but I don't know what you guys wear.

Nowadays it's the Under Armour Superman compression shirt. Can't help but wanna lift when wearing it!

65iv-u1H.jpeg

Usually shorts and Dri-FIT (or similar) tops. On leg day I go compression shorts as my shorts sometimes get in the way on lunges etc.

I've gotten to the point where I don't much like wearing compression tops to work out in as they're accentuating my stomach "bulk".

Sadetar

Even if the gym was totally packed I had absolutely awesome work out today. I didn't need to even wait for anything since I managed to do my sets in between some random lad all the time.

Finished my workout then got stopped by a couple young kids asking me how to get bigger. Spent 5 to 10 minutes telling them exactly what things to eat and what lifts to do. Then a couple who I vaguely know asks for deadlift advice which turns into squat, bench press, and weighted dip instruction followed by a no nonsense talk about how he won't get much stronger without upping his calories. My good deeds quota is now fulfilled for the day.
You are a sweetheart.

I actually felt useful at the gym as well, since I talked to a very nice girl about her Romanian deadlifts and I am fairly sure she will now stop rounding her back and her posture got a whole lot better. Also first time someone (the random lad I mentioned earlier) asked me to hand him his weights and spot for him, which was a bit stressful. Thank gods he wasn't using anything too heavy.

He had me put my back up against a bench instead of doing them from the floor. Actually my back is bruised from putting pressure against it lol. Not much else to say besides that. Pretty much lift your hips up, the weight shouldn't touch the ground on the way down and bang out a 4x12

And yes. The burger. I estimated between the burger and fries it was a good 3500 calories.
I might need to try it with the bench then. I wouldn't have even thought of it without you. Thank you.

...and that Burger and fries is most likely a bit more than my two days daily intake. Wow. :p

FitGAF pics are like double edged sword for me. If I see posts on gaming side from here I just get shocked. People that go to the gym can't be "nerds".

I'll see Sean post about amibos, or immortal on fighting games and get all confused.
I might be the worst though, as I like playing as a little boy in a Japanese 2d fighter lol.
Hahah, I love it. People in here are just genuinely awesome like that. :D I must admit that all of you in here have totally changed my attitudes towards the big bad wolves I see at the gym.

Also I remember I was talking with one gaffer on Xbox like a week ago and he was genuinely surprised that I actually play games and even more surprised that I was playing BF4. He said I don't sound like that kind of a person at all.

Another week done with my 7 day a week program and im feeling really good. Ive upped my calories to 3200 a day (around 170g protein, 430g karbs and 90g fat). Weight is stable between 89 and 90kg and I keep an eye on my bodyfat with skin fold calipers. Im not religious about it, but i prefer to stay pretty tight. And so far im happy with my shape.

Aside from all that it is fantastic fun to train every day.
You are really strenghtening my totally unrealistic stereotypes about Norwegians.

I'm more jacked up and giddy about Zelda WiiU than my 9 year old son is.
Zelda games are one of the only reason I miss Nintendo. One of my favourite series for sure. I admit that I still play NES, N64 and Gamecube just to replay them. :p

I think I will get butterflies in my stomach when we get a true Zelda reveal trailer.

Zelda music makes me cry at times, it's incredibly powerful.

I will wear my zelda tank at the gym every single damn day when I begin playing it til I see the ending credits. Will probably buy other zelda themed gym shirts.
I won Majora's Mask limited edition pack with all the extra stuff like posters and t-shirt back then and I remember that even my teacher at high school was so excited about it that I didn't need to do any homework for a week (my friend who I always played with was so jealous :p ).

I also totally love their musics. I feel you there.

and for your misses and girlfriends:
Even if I don't generally like text shirts (especially with the word bitch in them), I kinda liked that one. Perhaps when (if) I will have a body that is worth it, I might check it out.

My ex, after seeing a picture of me on instagram, texted me to ask if I was on steroids. Best feeling. Fuck yeah.
Hahah, you're the man!

feeling extra big today, friends
That isn't big, not even extra big - that is huge.

Tank game is through the fucking roof right now.

Ab game, bulk game, etc. are not. BumRush's got some work to do...
That is very convincing. You make that tank top look really good.

For any of us who are still in bulk season, I think we need to step our game up.

http://youtu.be/ESCB_-8L994
Bloody hell. That was amazing. Now I am hungry...

Nowadays it's the Under Armour Superman compression shirt. Can't help but wanna lift when wearing it!
I am still in the stage where I need to pull another t-shirt over my compression shirt. Ugh, that belly.

You look like a total hero in that though! ;)

Bollocks... busy with work and completely forgot to post.

Tour of Sufferlandria - Day Five Complete

Was really worried when I started this. For some reason the warmup section of this hammered my legs. I've always had a problem with over unders and this was not the way to start out. Luckily I rallied a bit and other than being generally knackered at the end, I managed OK.

No records today though, and I doubt any to come.

Angels
http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/1568888-Sufferfest-Angels-2015

Out of the Valley of Nine Hammers, the ToS route heads upwards for our first mountain stage. Three staggeringly difficult climbs fill out the 2nd half of the stage, with a brutally steep finish. Riders who make it this far…well, still have a long way to go, really.

4 days to go, heart and lungs still really good. Not feeling tired. Legs are getting wrecked though. As much as I hate them I may try and get a massage before the hell of day eight.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I can't stop this bulk while I'm gaining every session and sleep with a guilt free conscience.

Squat day and yet more gains.

405x2x3
415x3 (this was supposed to be another set of 405 but I felt too good)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anyone tried different flavors of Optimum Nutrition whey protein? I'm almost done with the double rich chocolate flavor and was wondering if there are any other recommended flavors.

I just got Rocky Road and it tastes pretty great. I had a double chocolate flavor from a different brand and absolutely hated it. This one has no after taste but does feel pretty sweet.

Chocobro

I've had strawberry (or was it called strawberry milkshake? either way) and it was too sweet for me. Then I tried vanilla and I fucking hate it, I mean vanilla ice cream is good but this shit isn't to me, can't stand it. Typically though I get double rich chocolate due to it being the first one I tried and founding that the flavor was tolerable/good.

Also due to my experience with the other two flavors and the cost to buy any of this stuff I can't bring myself to try any new flavors anymore lol. I know ON also has cookies and cream right? I always assumed that could be decent.

Oh and I always make mine with 8 oz of whole milk.

Edit: yeah FE that's a huge difference, well done dude.

I quite like Mocha but some people dont like coffee flavours. ymmv. To me it tastes like a less sweet double rich chocolate, which I like.

I have the Caramel Toffee Fudge flavor right now. It's amazing, tastes like a real dessert.

Cookies and Creme is good, with the caveat that I mix my protein powders with almond milk because it's disgusting with water.

Double Rich Chocolate and Mocha Cappuccino are my go-tos. I've also tried Mint Chocolate Chip which isn't bad if you're using milk. I like the first two because I mix my protein with just water though and they're the two best-tasting with just water.

Extreme Milk Chocolate is gross IMO. It's like a sweeter, more artificial tasting version of Double Rich Chocolate.
I just got Rocky Road and it tastes pretty great. I had a double chocolate flavor from a different brand and absolutely hated it. This one has no after taste but does feel pretty sweet.

Thanks for your opinions. I was thinking of going with Double Rich Chocolate again to be safe, but looks like I might give Mocha Cappuccino a try because I love the taste of coffee.

Don't do cardio, don't ask a PT, the OP tells you all you need.

holy fucking gainz Batman.

Noema! How have you been? :)

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Things are looking up at the gym, at least today. Hit my target reps on squats. What is it about squats that makes them just the hardest thing?

Also confirmed my new favorite snack, pork rinds.

Noema

Things are looking up at the gym, at least today. Hit my target reps on squats. What is it about squats that makes them just the hardest thing?

It's probably the fight-or-flight response to carrying a heavy weight on your back that makes the sympathetic nervous system go berserk. Like, even when deadlifting heavy weight it's a different sensation because you are holding it in your hands and you can let go at any time. You don't get that oppressive feeling. Not to mention there's probably no other exercise out there that can allow you to move as much weight through such a long range of motion. Figures that the best exercise in the world is also the hardest.

Noema

The latter, but I'm not so sure my bodytype will allow me to do so.

What do you mean your body type? There's only two bodytypes as far as I'm concerned: weak and strong. You want the latter.

By this I mean, I suggest you concern yourself with getting strong and your body will take care of the rest.

SeanR1221

What do you mean your body type? There's only two bodytypes as far as I'm concerned: weak and strong. You want the latter.

By this I mean, I suggest you concern yourself with getting strong and your body will take care of the rest.

Awwwww yes motha fuckin Noema back in the house dropping truth bombs.

ILoveBish

Awesome workout tonight, just have bench day left and then time to up the weights and start a all new 5/3/1 cycle.

And Noema !!!! Nice to have you back buddy.

Really not sure I'm going to be able to cope with day six of the tour later. Thanks to work shite I ended up staying up until 5am working then had to get up again four hours later.

Totally wrecked.

BumRush

The latter, but I'm not so sure my bodytype will allow me to do so.

Dude, I was 5'9", 135 lbs until college. I put on 35-40 lbs of muscle in a couple years while keeping my BF down in the 8%-9% range. You have to eat a lot, make some sacrifices with your diet, and give it time, but it can be done.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
is there a cheap place to get Quest bars in EU? £40+ a month for bars is alot

I got 175 x 1 at OHP today. Couldn't get a second. Anyone have any tips on getting stronger on this lift? My hands are in and I have no shoulder pain, I just feel weak.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I usually get the large majority of my calories at night and as I walked past a mirror shirtless right before bed last night I looked like I was 5 months pregnant. The struggle is real! Must push on. The PRs are THE only thing driving me might now. I think I have a legitimate shot at hitting 1400 in the big three at the end of this bulk.

BumRush

Anyone in here (looking at Brolic) think they can, or will ever be able to, hit 2,000 lbs 1RM for Bench, DL, Squat and OHP combined??

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone in here (looking at Brolic) think they can, or will ever be able to, hit 2,000 lbs 1RM for Bench, DL, Squat and OHP combined??

All 4? Yeah eventually. Right now I'm sitting at 485 squat 410bench 615 dead and 280 strict Ohp.

If the OHP is allowed to be a push press or log press then even easier.

Banglish

Height: 5'9
Weight: 120
Goal: 140
Current Training Schedule: To be Mon-Wed-Fri
Current Training Equipment Available: Squat rack, Bench
Comments: Starting SS and changing diet

How anal do I need to be about micronutrients and vitamins if I'm just starting out?
I'm trying to focus on increasing caloric intake, water intake and fiber intake as well as making sure to eat lots of veggies.. is that enough for a beginner? What else should I be concerned with in terms of nutrition for someone new?

BumRush

Height: 5'9
Weight: 120
Goal: 140
Current Training Schedule: To be Mon-Wed-Fri
Current Training Equipment Available: Squat rack, Bench
Comments: Starting SS and changing diet

How anal do I need to be about micronutrients and vitamins if I'm just starting out?
I'm trying to focus on increasing caloric intake, water intake and fiber intake as well as making sure to eat lots of veggies.. is that enough for a beginner? What else should I be concerned with in terms of nutrition for someone new?

Hey man, how soon do you hope to accomplish that goal? 20 lbs of weight gain on your frame will not be easy or quick. As always, focus on compound lifts and NOT on cardio (which you seem to be doing). Use the calorie website in the OP to determine your caloric intake (and macros) and what you need to consume in order to gain what you want to gain. For at least a month, track what goes into your body, to determine if your baseline #s are accurate.

Have a multi-vitamin and an OMEGA-3 pill if you want but don't go nuts. I have those two and a super-b complex every day, but they aren't necessary.

You mention veggies but not protein and fat. You're trying to put on size, no? Your diet will need a lot more than extra veggies. Drink a ton of whole milk, eat a ton of eggs, have a lot of cheat meals (basically, eat whatever the fuck you want). In a month or two, check in! Good luck!

Just finished back day... next stage of the tour soon. Bit worried as my glutes and lower back get engaged quite a lot when cycling so I'm hoping I've not taken too much out of myself.

Szu

I had to stop lurking just say how impressed i am by that ohp.... lol.

Amazing.

Yeah, I'm still amazed by the fact that he can press almost anybody on GAF over his head. If I ever meet him, I actually kinda expect it.

Hell, he can even drop me ala Ultimate Warrior style and this would be my reaction.

34bde2c7eac4b12fec8ebfad5b806f0f5c12f2f7493fd40ca2e01f5d6c84901e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom