• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

That reminds me, what happened to that one dude who would always do that about a year ago? Fuck, I can't remember his name...The dude with the ungodly bad squats

Ashodin.

Brought nothing to the thread, posted like an idiot, didn't take advice from anyone and posted multiple selfies about how "swole" he was getting in his shitty apartment gym.

Wolfe

One thing about having your own gym... getting stronger sort of sucks as you have to keep buying more plates.

Or it's great because you get to keep buying more plates...

giphy.gif

Yeah I wasn't going anywhere with that, on the bright side I like to imagine your monthly membership fee gets waived at least ;p

By the way, just to clarify that... I'm not regularly throwing massive amounts of weight on the barbell - this is more for speed with dumbells. I don't have those bowflex style things, and I hate wasting time adding / removing plates between sets, so I have about 10 different dumbells set up ready to go.

Have a few different barbells setup too, but as a general rule it's not such a big issue to change the weight of those (I usually enjoy the break!).

sphinx

the piano man
One thing about having your own gym... getting stronger sort of sucks as you have to keep buying more plates.

I would like just once to have a complete workout session wearing only my underwear.

I am just curious, I've never seen my upper body naked in the heat of the action.

ILoveBish

Keep your focus brother.

Shit sucks but it gets better. Worst thing you can do though is fall off the bandwagon with things like your weight loss and strength training. Keep on working hard and i'm sure you'll feel better soon, best of luck man!

Not going to happen with bish. Guy's a machine. Good luck big guy. There's someone better out there for you. Believe it. Just need to meet her.

Nothing stops this train bros. Now that it is the day after, still have some feels, but i know its not going to stop me. I did eat about 20g net carbs of cheese puffs tho lol, that was the extent of my going overboard. I'm back to normal eating now, and i probably wouldnt have been able to do it if i had to sit here and cook each meal every time i eat. Everything is ready to eat and i don't even think about cooking other then a few times a month.

Tomorrow is a new start of 5/3/1 with increased weights on all 4 lifts. Looking forward to it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing stops this train bros. Now that it is the day after, still have some feels, but i know its not going to stop me. I did eat about 20g net carbs of cheese puffs tho lol, that was the extent of my going overboard. I'm back to normal eating now, and i probably wouldnt have been able to do it if i had to sit here and cook each meal every time i eat. Everything is ready to eat and i don't even think about cooking other then a few times a month.

Tomorrow is a new start of 5/3/1 with increased weights on all 4 lifts. Looking forward to it.

20g carbs. Goddamn you're letting yourself go. This is you in 1 month
Xjryz5u.gif

Honestly I was looking for an excuse to post that gif

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Tough love coming.

Nobody cares is you don't post. Don't apologize. Also, nobody cares about "BEAST MODE!!!" Or "GYM TIME GUYS LETS GET IT!!" It's all bullshit. If you can't motivate yourself for the gym and need to do that shit in a forum there's a bigger issue.

That said it sucks about your injury, but you need to really think here. If your wrist is fucked you probably need to take care of it before you make it worse.

You just won best post of FitGaf OT7 for me. Loved everything about this morsel of wisdom. You keep doing you Alien-Brolic-Shogun-Gaoler and we'll all be better because of it.

Wolfe

I would like just once to have a complete workout session wearing only my underwear.

I am just curious, I've never seen my upper body naked in the heat of the action.

I bet naked lifting is rather relaxing depending on the lift, sometimes the clothing just feels like it's getting in the way or being irritating (part of the reason I don't do squats in anything more than a t-shirt for example.) Plus much easier to critique form I imagine.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Tough love coming.

Nobody cares is you don't post. Don't apologize. Also, nobody cares about "BEAST MODE!!!" Or "GYM TIME GUYS LETS GET IT!!" It's all bullshit. If you can't motivate yourself for the gym and need to do that shit in a forum there's a bigger issue.

That said it sucks about your injury, but you need to really think here. If your wrist is fucked you probably need to take care of it before you make it worse.

I'm aware of the injury and adjusted my workouts so that don't use it. And trying to get it look at is a little bit of an issue. Dealing with the VA and trying to get seen is almost impossible unless I show up in the ER.

Just depressed that I have to cut my workouts. Asking to be motivated didn't seem that far fetch of an idea. Ill reflect and change if needed. Thanks for the advice.

sphinx

the piano man
Yes, if I'm honest I think it's very weird. lol

Have never felt the desire to lift in underwear. That said, I wouldn't leave the house in my compression gear, because it's completely indecent.

I want to see my body at work. I don't think there's anything weird about it.

and why is compression gear indecent?

Cooter

I want to see my body at work. I don't think there's anything weird about it.

and why is compression gear indecent?

You sure about that? I get pretty excited doing deadlifts. Compression shorts may not be appropriate if you catch my drift.

sphinx

the piano man
You sure about that? I get pretty excited doing deadlifts. Compression shorts may not be appropriate if you catch my drift.

Mostly by virtue of seeing the outline of my cock. I feel much the same way about wearing cycling gear.

well you guys got me there,

once or twice I had to turn around and go to a corner for half minute to .... er...re-focus and concentrate on the lifts I am doing

Cooter

well you guys got me there,

once or twice I had to turn around and go to a corner for half minute to .... er...re-focus and concentrate on the lifts I am doing
Ok, I was kidding. I personally wouldn't wear compression shorts. Not my style but to each their own. I get self-conscious wearing certain loose fitting pants that show a little too much for my tastes. I can't imagine showing up in tight shorts. That takes balls. No pun intended.

I do find it hilarious that just the sight of your cock alone is enough to completely distract you from a lift. Hahaha!

image.png

sphinx

the piano man
Ok, I was kidding. I personally wouldn't wear compression shorts. Not my style but to each their own. I get self-conscious wearing certain lose fitting pants that show a little too much for my tastes. I can't imagine showing up in tight shorts. That takes balls. No pun intended.

sad-baby-o.gif

ok I am getting rid of my compression shorts

RoeBear

Lol I wear long compression leggings to the gym for leg day. I wear a long enough shirt to cover my balls most of the time. I never feel like I'm getting a hey I see your junk stare. I get compliments most of the time on my legs when I wear them. I like it better, cause usually with everything else I have constant wedgies.

Imm0rt4l

Lol I wear long compression leggings to the gym for leg day. I wear a long enough shirt to cover my balls most of the time. I never feel like I'm getting a hey I see your junk stare. I get compliments most of the time on my legs when I wear them. I like it better, cause usually with everything else I have constant wedgies.
Same

RoeBear

Yeah just wanted to support Sphinx, if that's what he wanted to do. Granted the only one I've seen in shorts was a 5'5'' bodybuilder but eh.

Also went to that show yesterday... Some decisions on placing were strange as hell, but this was a first show and not an established one.

sphinx

the piano man

I wear compression shorts exclusively on squat days because it's better for mobility, I've tried with regular shorts but I also get wedgies and it's just uncomfortable.

they are black and I don't think my junk (or the conture of it) is visible but people do stare all the time at my ass.

not my problem, I need those shorts

EDIT: Thanks for the support :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yall lift in shorts?

#teampants all year long baby

BumRush

I wear compression shorts exclusively on squat days because it's better for mobility, I've tried with regular shorts but I also get wedgies and it's just uncomfortable.

they are black and I don't think my junk (or the conture of it) is visible but people do stare all the time at my ass.

not my problem, I need those shorts

EDIT: Thanks for the support :)

Lol

Chocobro

I'm aware of the injury and adjusted my workouts so that don't use it. And trying to get it look at is a little bit of an issue. Dealing with the VA and trying to get seen is almost impossible unless I show up in the ER.

Just depressed that I have to cut my workouts. Asking to be motivated didn't seem that far fetch of an idea. Ill reflect and change if needed. Thanks for the advice.

You'll get over it. I strained my wrist and continued to train with it for a week or more then I said fuck it, I'll let it heal. I didn't do any upper body lifts for 5 months to let my wrist heal. Felt pretty nice to just squat and/or deadlift and call it a day lol.

I was thinking of getting a trainer to help me get more disciplined with my workouts. I want to start working towards a goal that I haven't been able to push myself towards. What are some things I should ask or look for when trying to find a trainer? How can I tell the lazy ones from the ones who genuinely know what they're doing and apply that knowledge to your benefit?

SeanR1221

I was thinking of getting a trainer to help me get more disciplined with my workouts. I want to start working towards a goal that I haven't been able to push myself towards. What are some things I should ask or look for when trying to find a trainer? How can I tell the lazy ones from the ones who genuinely know what they're doing and apply that knowledge to your benefit?

Sorry to burst your bubble early, but if its a commercial gym, theres a 99.9% chance you'll be given shitty programming, shitty advice and will get stuck in a fuckarounitis routine.

Sorry to burst your bubble early, but if its a commercial gym, theres a 99.9% chance you'll be given shitty programming, shitty advice and will get stuck in a fuckarounitis routine.

I do go to a commercial gym but I also have a friend of a friend who does personal training in his basement. Hes done training for Alberto Umana so I think hes got the experience. I was hoping there would be some question I could ask which would inform me as to their work ethic. But I guess if they're good at BSing you won't know.

On the shorts vs pants thing... any lower body stuff for me is done in compression shorts, commando. But I lift at home. I'd feel like a full on deviant doing that in the gym. :D

Maybe I'd try compression with underwear at the gym.

Can't do normal shorts on leg day, I find them snagging which distracts me. I could probably do yoga pants! Don't really care what I'm wearing on upper body days, though sometimes I've had shorts catch on the end of my dumbbells.

SeanR1221

I do go to a commercial gym but I also have a friend of a friend who does personal training in his basement. Hes done training for Alberto Umana so I think hes got the experience. I was hoping there would be some question I could ask which would inform me as to their work ethic. But I guess if they're good at BSing you won't know.

Then ask who they've trained, what their records are, etc.

I was originally going to write that but if they train at a commercial gym, chances are they'll give you a funny look if you asked something like that.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What's a good place to get creatine? The Costco near me stopped selling it for some reason. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom