• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumRush

Last session with Steve today.

Deadlifts. He brought my stance in significantly. Basically one shoe width between my feet. He had my stop squeezing my back (I would squeeze it like I was pulling my lats together) and had me not over exaggerate my arch (leading more to some slight upper back rounding but a shorter range of motion).

So we were working in kilos and he just kept throwing on the weight and saying don't think about it, just lift. So I do my last set of 1 and when Im done he said, "You just hit 440lbs."

HUGE PR for me and I wasn't psyched out at all because I had no idea how much I was lifting lol.

Fuck, Sean...this got me fired up. Awesome work.

Matugi

Finally progressed past 5x5x255 on bench. I'm other news I've got 4 people on board to restart my school's powerlifting club, and I think I need 3 more. Then we can reserve gym space (probably wrestling team's gym) AMD funding for a coach

Edit: just saw your post Sean, holy shit man, 5 plates is coming real soon for you!

SeanR1221

Thanks guys. I'm really glad he pushed me the way he did. I think I'm going to start going there monthly or at least bi weekly. The atmosphere can't be beat, everyone there is not only pushing a ton of weight but is extremely nice too.

Szu

Deadlifts. He brought my stance in significantly. Basically one shoe width between my feet. He had my stop squeezing my back (I would squeeze it like I was pulling my lats together) and had me not over exaggerate my arch (leading more to some slight upper back rounding but a shorter range of motion).

So we were working in kilos and he just kept throwing on the weight and saying don't think about it, just lift. So I do my last set of 1 and when Im done he said, "You just hit 440lbs."

HUGE PR for me and I wasn't psyched out at all because I had no idea how much I was lifting lol.

You a T-shirt with Steve on it with the caption "Yes, he lifts!"

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Thanks guys. I'm really glad he pushed me the way he did. I think I'm going to start going there monthly or at least bi weekly. The atmosphere can't be beat, everyone there is not only pushing a ton of weight but is extremely nice too.
Bringing my feet in really helped me too. It's funny that almost everyone who asks for my help has their feet too wide.

woah thats fantastic

BumRush

That's awesome Sean. A great vibe can go suuuuuuch a long way

Faiz

Holy shit that's awesome Sean.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Nice man!

Did you end up filling the heavier bag yet? Take a video, the ease is super motivational.

No, gonna work up with 200 now that it's easier. 250lb bag will be down the road.

Evo X

Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I guess we are all our own toughest critics. I think my biggest issue is that I FEEL a lot stronger than I was before, but don't really LOOK stronger. Either the changes are so gradual that I am not noticing or vanity got the better of me.

My arms, legs, chest and back are quite lean, but I was just feeling a bit down because genetically, my family tends to store extra weight on the face and stomach.

I'll stay the current course and check back in once a month. The accountability definitely helps keep me in check because this is not an easy lifestyle! I suppose if it was, everybody would be doing it.

Thanks for the encouragement fellas. I guess we are all our own toughest critics. I think my biggest issue is that I FEEL a lot stronger than I was before, but don't really LOOK stronger. Either the changes are so gradual that I am not noticing or vanity got the better of me.

Body dysmorphia strikes again!

This is why we take progress pics.

SeanR1221

Thanks again guys :)

But now I'm sore as SHIT. Ibuprofen and some ice/heat

My arms, legs, chest and back are quite lean, but I was just feeling a bit down because genetically, my family tends to store extra weight on the face and stomach.

I'll stay the current course and check back in once a month. The accountability definitely helps keep me in check because this is not an easy lifestyle! I suppose if it was, everybody would be doing it.

Good plan and you're just starting off. You might not see a lot change. But look back at picture a year from now and you'll be pretty surprised.

3 months will be a tiny blip on your lifting radar someday. It's probbaly the number one reason people quit. they think they should look different/better in an arbitrary amount of time.

Faiz

One day, probably not in the too distant future, you'll be reading a book, or your phone, or a magazine and in your peripheral vision you'll notice someone else's arms holding it.

Then you'll realize those are your arms and you will feel fucking fantastic.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

I say all the time, but I don't think I even looked like I touched a weight until I was training for 5 years.

Bowser

Heads up for those looking into grabbing some expensive shoes (Adipowers, Romaleos): use code LKS15F3R at www.eastbay.com until 2/28 for 20% off $200+ orders. The savings are eaten into a bit with shipping ($8 cheapest and you can't stack coupons), but still, rare that you can get $40 off these shoes. About to order a pair of Adipowers...time to get srs.

Ugh, been feeling under the weather for the past week. Haven't been to the gym since last Friday.

I thought screw it, I'm eating whatever I want for lunch today.

I got two Big Mac's, a 7-11 Big Bite hotdog, and a Big Gulp.

Or as FE, MTP, or Brolic would call it "a light snack".

love it <3

Some of us grow pretty fast when lifting. Many people, like myself, do not. When I first started off, I was definitely getting stronger and while there was a size increase, I felt like you. Felt like my size was not in proportion to the weight I was lifting. It is only now, 4-5 years later, where I feel like I have finally caught up, physique wise. I had to learn more about my body, do other lifts, etc.

My point is what you are thinking probably is true. But it just takes time. Keep it up and you will get there.

I say all the time, but I don't think I even looked like I touched a weight until I was training for 5 years.

Feel the same way about myself as well.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I started working out more regularly recently, and sometimes I feel a slight pain close to my left testicle (like along nerve going from my teste and up). Happens when I do stuff like lunges or squats, or if I just force, even if I flex my abs I feel it. It's not a serious pain, it's just scary, I feel like if I force too much something will pop. Anyone has experienced that?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I started working out more regularly recently, and sometimes I feel a slight pain close to my left testicle (like along nerve going from my teste and up). Happens when I do stuff like lunges or squats, or if I just force, even if I flex my abs I feel it. It's not a serious pain, it's just scary, I feel like if I force too much something will pop. Anyone has experienced that?

I'd be worried of a potential hernia. Or the onset of one.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Man, it's weird. I've lost a ton of strength on my squats (by about 20 lbs.) than on any of my other lifts (a loss of 5 - 10 lbs.) since I've been off for a few weeks (not out of choice, mind you).

Also, question. When I do chin ups, it seems my core gives out far quicker than my arms do. Am I doing something wrong?

Irobot82

Benched no problem today. Beginning to think my collar bone might have popped out and popped back in causing the pop and the weird feeling I have now. Cleaning s barbell feels odd, but benching there's no problem at all.

Here's some close grip work I did at the end of the day. 315x2 and 275x4.

Did a lot of regular high rep work before this and tris were fried.

http://youtu.be/zm1deUxul0o

Best post.

Uhhh so....do you have a huge boner or something...... just sayin'

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
200lb sandbag for 150ft as a great end to sandbag work today. Hard as hell to breath doing these. Gonna make a 250lb bag this week I think. Also in regard to the loud pop in my chest from farmers im beginning to think I dislocated my collar bone briefly and got lucky with it going right back in. So far, nothing hurts. Just feels odd.

http://youtu.be/NohenhySjvs

Uhhh so....do you have a huge boner or something...... just sayin'

Wife pointed out the same thing (although she didn't think it was a boner) nah, that's just my shit getting pushed out because of the arch. Sorry.

Ugh, been feeling under the weather for the past week. Haven't been to the gym since last Friday.

I thought screw it, I'm eating whatever I want for lunch today.

I got two Big Mac's, a 7-11 Big Bite hotdog, and a Big Gulp.

Or as FE, MTP, or Brolic would call it "a light snack".

Lol, my preworkout was a 20 piece chicken nugget and a can of ski soda. Dinner is a 20 inch meatlovers pizza.

Lol, my preworkout was a 20 piece chicken nugget and a can of ski soda. Dinner is a 20 inch meatlovers pizza.

:(

VMVl6DM.jpg

...and I'm bulking at the moment.

Oblivion

Speaking for myself, I didn't notice any improvement until about 4 months.

Evo X

Good plan and you're just starting off. You might not see a lot change. But look back at picture a year from now and you'll be pretty surprised.

3 months will be a tiny blip on your lifting radar someday. It's probbaly the number one reason people quit. they think they should look different/better in an arbitrary amount of time.

Yeah, I have to keep reminding myself it's a marathon, not a sprint. Thanks for the advice.

One day, probably not in the too distant future, you'll be reading a book, or your phone, or a magazine and in your peripheral vision you'll notice someone else's arms holding it.

Then you'll realize those are your arms and you will feel fucking fantastic.

Haha, that was great. Can't wait until that day gets here. :D

Some of us grow pretty fast when lifting. Many people, like myself, do not. When I first started off, I was definitely getting stronger and while there was a size increase, I felt like you. Felt like my size was not in proportion to the weight I was lifting. It is only now, 4-5 years later, where I feel like I have finally caught up, physique wise. I had to learn more about my body, do other lifts, etc.

My point is what you are thinking probably is true. But it just takes time. Keep it up and you will get there.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. Guess I should have realized I'm not gonna look like Captain America after a few months. It was just weird as sometimes I look around at a few of the other guys at the gym and get confused because I am lifting heavier than them, but they still look bigger. Suppose there is no substitute for time.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. Guess I should have realized I'm not gonna look like Captain America after a few months. It was just weird as sometimes I look around at a few of the other guys at the gym and get confused because I am lifting heavier than them, but they still look bigger. Suppose there is no substitute for time.

Not all muscle is created equal. I consistently lift heavier than most at my gym. Then you have that dude pulling 825 making me look like a novice. Quite a large spectrum.

Oblivion

Well, men. I'm proud of myself today. Despite me feeling lazy, and lethargic and it being cold, rainy and possibly rampant with wolves outside, I somehow managed to summon up the drive and motivation to actually go to the gym before it closed. And I'm glad I did. Feels damn good.

This week has been the most consistent I've been in terms of going to the gym in a long time. Probably since the late Summer (cause I started going back to school).

Can I get a high five up in this bitch YA HURD.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Only reason I post this bullshit is because it makes me feel a teensy weensy tiny bit better about myself. Something I need a lot more of now.
10953569_794018500675968_152775805_n.jpg

Didn't you post like this about a week ago? There's still heavy light abuse going on here. And again, there's not enough time for any change. take the time, eat more and lift heavy.

Also, something I noticed. Your lateral delts need a lot of work. Your shoulders dip IN on the sides and it looks a bit odd. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess your rear delts are the same.

Well, men. I'm proud of myself today. Despite me feeling lazy, and lethargic and it being cold, rainy and possibly rampant with wolves outside, I somehow managed to summon up the drive and motivation to actually go to the gym before it closed. And I'm glad I did. Feels damn good.

This week has been the most consistent I've been in terms of going to the gym in a long time. Probably since the late Summer (cause I started going back to school).

Keep at it.

Went down 8lbs in a month, up 60lbs with my deadlifts. Technique > weight lol

Good work.

pWKJMZ4.gif

Progress pics won't be that much of a difference for that amount of time of lifting....yea I've gotten bigger (at least that's what people tell me) but I look no where near someone that does strength training and it's only been a year since I became serious with this shit.

So yea dude you look good and all now but wait a year or two and you'll be fucking amazed

Palpable

It wouldn't matter. I'm looking at an over developed front delt right next to a under developed lateral delt. And I know you're leaning forward, you're also flexing as much head to toe as possible. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

That's another thing. My left shoulder is tight and closer to my body than my right. It's so awkward looking to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom