• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Holy shit.

Exactly this, and TRT is definitely not natty. I also hate when people have done cycles in the past and now claim natty. It's still not "natty" in my opinion. You're still working with gains got from PEDs.

I honestly don't know how strong I can get especially if I decide to slim down because no one can be trusted. It's something I need to discover for myself. Hell I don't even expect anyone to believe me that I'm 100% natural PEDs are that pervasive.

God knows I get blamed for steroid use enough in "real life."

I assume anyone making a profit off their strength or physique is using or has used PEDs. It's not just the aesthetic guys on youtube there are plenty of fake natty PLers who mislead people into thinking you can get that strong naturally. These guys are constantly breaking PRs year round that are near or past world records numbers.

And I don't think you're using unless PEDs stands for Performance Enhancing Donuts ;)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I assume anyone making a profit off their strength or physique is using or has used PEDs. It's not just the aesthetic guys on youtube there are plenty of fake natty PLers who mislead people into thinking you can get that strong naturally. These guys are constantly breaking PRs year round that are near or past world records numbers.

And I don't think you're using unless PEDs stands for Performance Enhancing Donuts ;)

PEDs and PEBs (doughnuts and beefaroni)

And I'm the same. If you're pro or making money it's pretty much a given.

I've never understood the rationale behind an alt account...sucks.

He probably did it for when he got banned. That's when a lot of people do it.

Getting thin red stretch marks on the tops of my shoulders after a workout. That can't be good.

I've seen purple on other guys. Not sure if those are even stretch marks or burst veins. Mine are always white, some stay, most become almost invisible. What helps mitigate the damage is to nourish the skin: moisturizers, antioxidants and vitamins. So besides a clean balanced diet I would recommend to buy a vitamin E soap and clean your upper torso with that everyday during shower, make sure you're getting your fish oil and enough vitamin E from whole foods (supplements seem to have too much vit E And i dont know if that is bad). Also apply creams or moisturizers to those areas so you can have a healthy flexible skin.

You will still get stretch marks because that is natural from having gains, so you need to accept this and get over it. If you keep a healthy skin they wont be unsightly tho, they will be beautiful.

Matugi

Widened my grip on bench a little bit so I could sit back on my last more and get more arch in my back and proceeded to breeze through 5x5x270. Watching Jen Thompson's video again definitely helped, must watch for any level of lifter if they want to master bench.

Bowser

Holy shit. At the end of my workout today, decided to fuck around and see if I could hit a deadlift PR. I've never tried to do a one rep max...the most I've done is 5x225. Loaded up the 295 (for reference, weighed in at 140 this morning) and threw caution to the wind. It was damn tough, but I got it. Super giddy right now.

Video: http://youtu.be/rTTW8o6KKKk

Hiz_95

I can understand people thinking Ogus is a fake natty, but Omar as well?
Are you basing this primarily upon the fact that he benefits financially from his physique or are there other factors coming into play that jump out at you as well?

ILoveBish

Later Petrie!

Congrats bowser!

That is unfortunate. A little cardio really helps round out your fitness, I find it makes a difference to how I feel, my stamina during sets and during daily activities, and it helps manage body fat. I do hiit twice a week.

I haven't done any cardio in the gym for about 2 years. Just lift. I always feel awesome.

Powercast

Are you basing this primarily upon the fact that he benefits financially from his physique or are there other factors coming into play that jump out at you as well?

I don't even care if Ogus is not natty, his technique on all lifts is beautiful to watch (just like Bryce Lewis). And his OHP hnnng

And Omar not being natty lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Overhead press is coming along after a very long break. No shoulder issues and I can do dips pain free again. Chest still feels weird though.
255lbs X1, 245x2, 225x5. All strict. A long cry from my 280lb press back in the day, but ill get there again. And more.

http://youtu.be/S9fzzqb-b8Q

You're reading what you want to read. I said "now that he's hooked up with mark bell." Which was very recently.

Hiz_95

You're reading what you want to read. I said "now that he's hooked up with mark bell." Which was very recently.

I did read what you said, it seemed like others weren't expanding on why they think he's not natty apart from the point I mentioned.
Curious why you think being hooked up with Mark Bell recently would make Omar a filt. He's been training at Fortis Fitness for a while and seems to be just as close if not closer with Jeremy Hamilton as he is with Mark Bell. Seems too early to say whether his LA trip changed his perspective on drug use.
I don't even care if Ogus is not natty, his technique on all lifts is beautiful to watch (just like Bryce Lewis). And his OHP hnnng

And Omar not being natty lol

Yeah his technique is great, I remember commenting on one of his squat videos a few months back about how his squats all looked pretty much exactly the same apart from speed which is rare

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I did read what you said, it seemed like others weren't expanding on why they think he's not natty apart from the point I mentioned.
Curious why you think being hooked up with Mark Bell recently would make Omar a filt. He's been training at Fortis Fitness for a while and seems to be just as close if not closer with Jeremy Hamilton as he is with Mark Bell. Seems too early to say whether his LA trip changed his perspective on drug use.

Yeah his technique is great, I remember commenting on one of his squat videos a few months back about how his squats all looked pretty much exactly the same apart from speed which is rare

They did expand. He makes money off of his physique and lifting. It's not outside the realm of possibility that he's using and lying about it. And he JUST linked up with Mark Bell who's been making money off of this for a long time and knows the business. It's within reason that his brand will change the way he's been going.

I'd be more curious why people like you feel the need to defend any of these guys. I always find it funny when some Internet personality fan comes to the rescue. Honestly though, I don't give a shit, it's a rhetorical question.

As for drug use, I've seen weak people and people who don't even look like they lift that use, so nothing surprises me anymore. Shit really is everywhere.

Those are some beefy wrist wraps. What are they?

Edit - Unrelated, missus doing oblique exercises: "This is really hurting my triceps".

o_O

Elitefts heavy wrist wraps. Love em.

Hiz_95

They did expand. He makes money off of his physique and lifting. It's not outside the realm of possibility that he's using and lying about it. And he JUST linked up with Mark Bell who's been making money off of this for a long time and knows the business. It's within reason that his brand will change the way he's been going.

I'd be more curious why you see to feel the need to defend any of these guys. I always find it funny when some Internet personality fan comes in to the rescue to the naysayers. Honestly though, I don't give a shit, it's a rhetorical question.

They said that it's likely he was using because he profits off of his physique and strength which is a good point, I was wondering if there were other reasons as well.

I think it's very unlikely that he's using, he very well could be, no one really knows apart from the person in question.

I just feel like people are sometimes quick to call out people as fake nattys which can be damaging just like people lying about being natty, especially when people have large followings. It sometimes makes less experienced lifters underestimate what is possible naturally. Ofc a lot of people disregard others in determining what they believe they can do naturally but younger lifters especially will look to experienced naturals as motivation. When people are saying that true naturals aren't able to acheive what did naturally (not talking about anyone in particular in this thread srs) it leads people to take steroids when they otherwise wouldn't have.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
They said that it's likely he was using because he profits off of his physique and strength which is a good point, I was wondering if there were other reasons as well.

I think it's very unlikely that he's using, he very well could be, no one really knows apart from the person in question.

I just feel like people are sometimes quick to call out people as fake nattys which can be damaging just like people lying about being natty, especially when people have large followings. It sometimes makes less experienced lifters underestimate what is possible naturally. Ofc a lot of people disregard others in determining what they believe they can do naturally but younger lifters especially will look to experienced naturals as motivation. When people are saying that true naturals aren't able to acheive what did naturally (not talking about anyone in particular in this thread srs) it leads people to take steroids when they otherwise wouldn't have.

I'd argue otherwise. I think it's better for young athletes to assume everyone who is a pro or profits from the industry is using. More often than not they will be correct. They can also temper their expectations in regards to what will be naturally achievable and not beat themselves up when they aren't achieving what their favorite internet guru is achieving.

No one should be shocked when any pro athlete pops hot for steroids, in any sport. Making money off of the Internet based off of physique/performance is no different.

I actually have a coworker that absolutely will not hear that CT Fletcher is on PEDs. He completely believes in CT and the dude loses his shit when you bring it up.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I tried to go to Big 5 to get some 1.25 lbs. micro plates, but they didn't have them. Only 2.5 lbs. ones. :(

Oscar

Plateau'd hard on my OHP @ 130lbs (SS since November). It's crazy to me because 125lbs felt alright, I felt the burn and form was not compromised. 130lbs killed me, I couldn't do shit despite just a 5lbs difference.

Gonna try again tonight after failing the day before yesterday.

ILoveBish

Plateau'd hard on my OHP @ 130lbs (SS since November). It's crazy to me because 125lbs felt alright, I felt the burn and form was not compromised. 130lbs killed me, I couldn't do shit despite just a 5lbs difference.

Gonna try again tonight after failing the day before yesterday.

Failure is part of the game. We've all failed and just at 5lbs more then the last success. Rest up, eat up, get under the bar again.

Edit - first day in a long time that I went off my diet. Had Korean BBQ for lunch which is still keto, but at night we had a personal sushi chef at a family get together, with all you can eat sushi, and had a bunch. Was delicious, but already just want to go back to my normal eating.

DOMS everywhere. Places I don't even recall training recently. I just don't get it.

Legs are so bad that they flat out gave way on me on a couple of occasions yesterday, which led to me having to grab something to hold myself up. =/

SeanR1221

Pulled 405x3 yesterday. Last rep was pretty sloppy. Only the second time incorporating Steves suggestions and it felt like a really strong position. I need to tweak a few things here and there but I'm hoping I'm on my way to pulling 495 by the end of summer.

BumRush

Pulled 405x3 yesterday. Last rep was pretty sloppy. Only the second time incorporating Steves suggestions and it felt like a really strong position. I need to tweak a few things here and there but I'm hoping I'm on my way to pulling 495 by the end of summer.

Goddamn, dude your progress is amazing.

P.s. wing DOMS are by far the worst DOMS...

Sawing up trees when fasted is a bad, bad, bad idea. I'm completely wrecked, and I have 3 hours of exercise still to come. Will learn my lesson for next time I have to do work like that.

I'd argue otherwise. I think it's better for young athletes to assume everyone who is a pro or profits from the industry is using. More often than not they will be correct. They can also temper their expectations in regards to what will be naturally achievable and not beat themselves up when they aren't achieving what their favorite internet guru is achieving.

No one should be shocked when any pro athlete pops hot for steroids, in any sport. Making money off of the Internet based off of physique/performance is no different.

I actually have a coworker that absolutely will not hear that CT Fletcher is on PEDs. He completely believes in CT and the dude loses his shit when you bring it up.

I agree that no one should be shocked, but I don't think anyone should spend time speculating about who's on what.

It's almost an excuse for people to not try as hard as they can. "So-and-so is juicing. I'll never be like him" is a shitty attitude to have for anyone. There's power in belief. If someone starts by placing limits on himself, he'll never get as far as the guy who relentlessly chases his possibly unrealistic goal because he's driven and hungry.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Man, these past two weeks I feel like I've been making way more progress than at any time since I started. With an exception or two, I've managed to do my workouts with increases weights each time.

There's two things I really love when I'm working out (these don't happen all the time though):

1. When you start your first set and it seems pretty damn heavy, to the point that you're just barely able to finish. Yet oddly enough the subsequent two sets turn out to be easier.
2. After you finish your heavy lifts and then drop the weight to one of your warm up sets and realize it feels light as a goddamned feather. Love doing that with my squats especially. Makes you feel like a GOD.

DOWN

Banned
Okay, had my first actual weights session with the trainer and I feel wrekt so I guess that's good. Had embarrassingly poor balance on some squats and then did a bunch of machines with low weights since he said I'm weak weak weak. Start somewhere, I guess.

Bowser

Thanks for the compliments from yesterday dudes.

Sean, you've totally got a "why the fuck am I doing this right now?" look on your face lol

Hiz_95

I do think that the abundance of steroids in sports shouldn't be kept somewhat secretive to the general population like it is at moment. It should be common knowledge that to be a world champion you will most likely need some form of PED, however imo assuming everyone who is a pro or profits from the industry is using is going too far and isn't the best attitude to have.
I guess we just have different opinions.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
"Its so damn cold. Farmer walks were a bad choice"
2333606.jpg

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Benched today. I think the last time I benched was in July/August so it's been a while. Quite a bit a weaker now with moderate weight shoulder DB press as my only pressing since then.

I went with pinky fingers 1 1/2" from the rings on my DHS bar and that felt pretty good. I only go an inch from my chest as touching still causes impingement. 150/200/245/265/286x5, 297x3, 308x1, 265x5, 200 2x10

And another rare moment...afterwards I did chinups and some broceps!

Fox318

I feel like whatever I'm doing for a barbell row isn't the right form. I'm trying to keep my back as flat as possible but I feel like I'm not leaning far enough over.

I've seen some guys have their spine parallel to the floor and others at a 45° angle.

Should I be concerned about how far over I'm leaning?

Evo X

In the spirit of Vday, I'd just like to bring up that sex feels way better since I started lifting, especially after leg day.

Is this just in my head or have you guys noticed this as well?

Maybe it's the increased blood flow, feeling stronger, looking sexier, or all of the above.

Really makes me wish I would have lifted during my college years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom