• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCX

I've been lifting 6 or 7 days a week so far this year , but I think it finally wore me out. My shoulder just would not work well when I was trying to bench yesterday. Think I'll start taking a cardio heavy day instead of taking it off altogether.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
How many calories would you say is in a big bowl of hand-pulled noodles with veggies and lamb?

06-Pork-Hand-pulled-Noodles-Xian-Famous-Foods-East-Village.jpg

(For reference.)

~500 calories?

Pasta or noodles are really high calorie.

340cal/100g for uncooked fettuccine and an 85g pack of Mr.Noodles is 380cal.

It's 800+ calories because it has meat and the onions look sauteed, which means there was oil involved, probably butter too. Just that is over 200 cals. Doesn't mean it's bad. Two of those beauties a day and you will be happy and still lose weight.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
It's 800+ calories because it has meat and the onions look sauteed, which means there was oil involved, probably butter too. Just that is over 200 cals. Doesn't mean it's bad. Two of those beauties a day and you will be happy and still lose weight.

Haha yeah.

Currently slow-cutting at ~2200 calories, so I was just curious.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Just lined up my final 1RMs to cap a productive bulk. Yes, I start this early preparing for maxes. The more anticipation and thought I give them the more successful I tend to be.

Feb 24- 500 squat
Feb 26- 370 bench
March 3- 565 DL

Time to execute!

SeanR1221

Just lined up my final 1RMs to cap a productive bulk. Yes, I start this early preparing for maxes. The more anticipation and thought I give them the more successful I tend to be.

Feb 24- 500 squat
Feb 26- 370 bench
March 3- 565 DL

Time to execute!

That would be a fantastic total. Be sure to tape each lift and show us :)

I'm a Brit, your ancient measures mean nothing to me. :p

Funnily enough, most still weigh themselves in lbs / stone, but lifting is done in kg generally.

DOWN

Banned
I think the problem with water and chocolate whey is my brain has some stressed disconnect between the texture and consistency that chocolate, milk, Yoohoo, etc. has and the really thin splashy consistency the chocolate drink has when its a water mix. I've always hated chocolate foods that don't have the consistency of chocolate, like chocolate jelly beans or the hard candy part of the chocolate Tootsie Roll pops. I will need to stick with milk for now.

I think the problem with water and chocolate whey is my brain has some stressed disconnect between the texture and consistency that chocolate, milk, Yoohoo, etc. has and the really thin splashy consistency the chocolate drink has when its a water mix. I've always hated chocolate foods that don't have the consistency of chocolate, like chocolate jelly beans or the hard candy part of the chocolate Tootsie Roll pops. I will need to stick with milk for now.

There should be some lemon, pineapple and orange flavors. All protein flavors are something milky so they don't go well with water. Maybe strawberry would work, that flavor exists.

Fox318

So I bought some compression gear. Under Armour has a superhero set that I saw was on sale but I don't have the ego to dress up as superman in the gym.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
So I bought some compression gear. Under Armour has a superhero set that I saw was on sale but I don't have the ego to dress up as superman in the gym.
I'll lend you some of mine. I have 4 different Superman shirts I rock at the gym.

Sadetar

I am so extremely ridiculously happy at the moment! ^_^

I met the orthopedic doctor today. He said that the herniated disk healed nicely back then and that my spine and disks are totally fine at the moment. I have only piriformis syndrome and according to the doc, it should be fine after couple of months! I have been so damn relieved today because of these news. Sure I still have the nerve pain, but since it is muscle related normal ibuprofein will work and now I know how to be able to heal it as well. Most likely I can also go back to deadlifts before June/July. I honestly couldn't have even dreamed to have this good information. Have anyone in here had it before?

Also had awesome work out after that since I was so excited. :D

Now I should start to be able to sleep again and also my motivation is back where it should be. Yay. :)

Gotta love the people who ask why you're so big now and that they like you better when you were smaller. Thanks for caring. I guess...
People really think so?

...and say it out loud!?

Wow.

Samara

How many calories would you say is in a big bowl of hand-pulled noodles with veggies and lamb?

06-Pork-Hand-pulled-Noodles-Xian-Famous-Foods-East-Village.jpg

(For reference.)

~500 calories?

Are you cutting? Saw Furious Pete meal prep with a measuring cup. So now I won't eat out unless I have a measuring cup. Zucchini pasta is a great substitute. That sauce alone is 100+ calories

Looks better than my dry chicken breast.

Matugi

Absolutely brutal squat day. Video is front squat 395x1, 315x5 and back squat 335x5. Here's the training log.

Training log : front squat 45x10, 135x5, 225x3, 275, 315, 365, 395 and 405(fail). Back squat paused 225, 275, 315, 365. Back squat 405x1 315x5 335x5.

http://youtu.be/3APZDKMoVyI

Just saw this, any particular reason you warm up with just the bar? I've always found that there's not enough weight there to allow me to feel the full range of motion; the greater resistance of 135 helps push me down into the hole.

ldcommando

Banned
There should be some lemon, pineapple and orange flavors. All protein flavors are something milky so they don't go well with water. Maybe strawberry would work, that flavor exists.

Optimum nutrition has a tropical punch flavor that fits what you are asking for. I remember enjoying it but the thing is, I can drink any flavor of whey (even flavorless) with water so take that into consideration.

Fox318

Way too much going on there. No doubt. Get a simple Superman or Batman and call it a day.

Even those can be a little extreme

Y2mb6EQ.jpg

MY BATMAN SHIRT SUPPORTS THE TROOPS LOOK AT MY GUNS

ScM1dd7.jpg

MY SUPS IS MURCA

MY IRON MAN SHIRT ISN'T ENOUGH MY FUCKING PANTS AND COCK ARE METAL

0s3cMyi.jpg

BumRush

Great news Sadetar!

Although it takes forever, my DL/Squat/Power Clean/Concentration Curl/Pull-up day absolutely wrecks me (in the best way possible). Sean, I took some of your advice from a few pages back and felt super strong on squat. Thanks again!

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
That feel when you have to pass gas during squat sets...standing there with the weight racked on your back squeezing one out.

Monday was a failure but today was better with some 5x5, 365/375/385/375/375.

Stretching for 1-2 hours a day using examples from Kelly Starrett and Bryce Lewis has helpe. Monday I was incredibly tight on my injured side and my lower back has been hurting. No pain during squats though.

BumRush

That feel when you have to pass gas during squat sets...standing there with the weight racked on your back squeezing one out.

Stretching for 1-2 hours a day using examples from Kelly Starrett and Bryce Lewis has helpe. Monday I was incredibly tight on my injured side and my lower back has been hurting. No pain during squats though.

You stretch for two hours a day? that's intense.

demented

Can I get some diet help with protein?

So I'm still cutting, going great, should be ending it in march, but I'm still having troubles hitting my protein goals (between 2g per kg of lean body mass and body mass).

I usually have either eggs or oatmeal for breakfast (tried adding whey to it and flavor I have didn't go well with it, threw half of it) with some almonds or walnuts.
For lunch if I'm at uni I'll go for something healthy like chicken with vegetables with more grilled veggies on the side, some rice with veggies etc, or if I'm not some grilled chicken breast with rice or potato and nuts if I'm feeling like it, if not I snack on them to hit fat goal later. After gym whey shake, for dinner I'll do like a tuna,pasta, cottage cheese idk depends, sometimes I'm not even hungry, or I order in something. If I have money I buy protein bars but they're pricy and have sugar, which is fine I guess if diet is clean but still the price :(

Now few problems with this, I'm not sure doing 2 scoop or whey twice a day is best idea for me mainly because I think it would cost less to just get 100g of chicken right but I'm open to it if it will help? I also generally do not eat a lot (unless I love it then I can go crazy with it), like I'll do 250g of chicken breasts and that will feel like too much, I've started to hate it because I'm so bored of it. When I start bulking later and doing over 3000 calories I have no idea what I'll do. I've got some beans and I'll start making those to add some variety to diet but that's another problem, I very much hate eating same thing over and over again day in day out hence why I "crash" often and eat shit foods or go high over calorie limit. I can figure out some perfect diet where I'll get all macros but I'll lose my mind if I do that every day for days or weeks.

So yeah, a lot of times I struggle going over 100 grams of protein let alone 150, so any tips? I know the most sensible answer is just to eat more meat and instead of chicken get steak, turkey, other part of chicken and I try doing that but it feels like a lot and still just eating those plain foods it's so boring and flavorless :( Is this the pain I must bear in order to make it?

P.S. Here's example of today, for breakfast I had some peanut butter ( I know not the best choice but only 30g, was in hurry and it has ok macros lol), lunch was shawarma plate (here it is, can someone guesstimate calories? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97808289/DSC_0102.JPG ), for dinner I had tuna and some walnuts, and later I drank 1 scoop whey with 250ml milk and all that accounted to around 85g of protein... (with some bad estimation for shawarma).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
tweaked the fuck out of my lower back today, it hurts to sit -_-

Eat 800mg ibuprofen and ice it for 30 min every hour. It helped me.

Awesome brother.

Just saw this, any particular reason you warm up with just the bar? I've always found that there's not enough weight there to allow me to feel the full range of motion; the greater resistance of 135 helps push me down into the hole.

I'm old and I've been injured enough. I start with the bar with everything but deadlift.
I am so extremely ridiculously happy at the moment! ^_^

I met the orthopedic doctor today. He said that the herniated disk healed nicely back then and that my spine and disks are totally fine at the moment. I have only piriformis syndrome and according to the doc, it should be fine after couple of months! I have been so damn relieved today because of these news. Sure I still have the nerve pain, but since it is muscle related normal ibuprofein will work and now I know how to be able to heal it as well. Most likely I can also go back to deadlifts before June/July. I honestly couldn't have even dreamed to have this good information. Have anyone in here had it before?

Also had awesome work out after that since I was so excited. :D

Now I should start to be able to sleep again and also my motivation is back where it should be. Yay. :)

People really think so?

...and say it out loud!?

Wow.

Nice.

I know the most sensible answer is just to eat more meat and instead of chicken get steak, turkey, other part of chicken and I try doing that but it feels like a lot and still just eating those plain foods it's so boring and flavorless :( Is this the pain I must bear in order to make it?

So why not add a shitload of spices to them? They're basically calorie free and some spices are particularly good for your body.

I don't really understand people eating plain chicken & turkey when it's so easy to jazz it up. If you can't cook, learn! Hell, you can get ready made spice mixes in packets these days anyway... it's not like you need to do a great deal of thinking about it. Just chuck it on and cook.

Better still, marinade up a huge batch, cook it and then freeze it. Then every day for a week you just get out what you need and reheat. Delicious.

Is it possible to gain 30kg in 2 years?

Muscle? No. Not without drugs anyway.

Szu

Take it easy, FE!!!

On a lighter note, a lady at my gym commented that she likes my workout. I hit the weights, do some hardcore core workouts, and zero cardio.

I told her the only reason I skip cardio is because it's too cold. Once the weather warms up, I jumping back into a Zumba class.

It was a nice comment. Helps me start the New Year off right.

New Year's related, there's another gym rat who told me about his game plan to hit as many of his relatives to get red package money.

Another guy was surprised that he celebrated Chinese New Year. He thought the gym rat was Filipino. The gym rat explained that he's half-Chinese and half-Puerto Rician.

But then he thought about it and realized that he's basically Filipino.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Saw this routine posted on reddit

H4XZ2qS.png

Any thoughts?

I'm not a fan of cable crunches, nor seated presses for that matter... but personal specifics aside, there's no reason that routine wouldn't work. It's hardly particularly unusual.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Lots of people got great results running Jason's program; you can go for it if you want.

EDIT: Hey Szu, can I get some red envelope money pls? :p

Ill give this a try then, Ive been going to the gym doing weights for 3 1/2 months now but without a real routine, just doing what I fancy when I go in.

Chocobro

Ill give this a try then, Ive been going to the gym doing weights for 3 1/2 months now but without a real routine, just doing what I fancy when I go in.

Good luck! I personally can't run this program because I would spend way too much time in the gym.
If you have any questions regarding the program and stuff, I'm sure you can find an answer in one of Jason's Q&A videos on YouTube. I hope you spent time working on your mobility during those 3.5 months. I believe Jason wants those on his program to spend the first month working on mobility since the most of people can't get into the 'proper' positions in the compound movements due to being dysfunctional and having certain muscles be tighter than others when they first lifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom