• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveBish

I'm inclined to believe that your excess weight might've also played a role in it. Dem ketones had lots of things to play with, I assume.

Well yah, im never feel hungry, and my body is using the fat in my fat stores for energy, constantly burning fat and so i always feel fully charged. The first thing it attacks is fat, so muscle is sparred assuming you get enough protein. Keto has a ton of advantages a standard diet does not.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Keeping with the light bench work. Shoulder still not 100%.

325x5 and some close grip work ending at 315x3. Here's the log.

Bench press 45lbs x40, 135x20, 225x10, 275x5, 325x5. Close grip bench press 225x10, 275x5, 315x3 Face pulls and curls to finish.

http://youtu.be/xaGjHA4TkD0

Hmm... just tried shoulder dislocators for the first time and it seems I have a major issue with shoulder mobility. Why did it take me this long to find that out?

Also, my shoulders clunk horribly when doing it. Which sucks.

DOWN

Banned
Hmm... just tried shoulder dislocators for the first time and it seems I have a major issue with shoulder mobility. Why did it take me this long to find that out?

At the start of my training they checked my mobility. I balance better on my right leg, have better mobility with my left arm, and a steadier right grip. I never knew any of that stuff and wouldn't have thought to check.

ILoveBish

Down to 239lbs now. 1.5lbs away from hitting 100lbs lost on the scale. Almost there....

Shoulder dislocations are a good stretch to do while warming up. I start at a wide grip and do 1x5 then move in closer together until I feel I can't anymore.

bchamba

Had the roughest squat doubles of my life today. 6 sets at 85% of my max so the working weight was 340.

Also met a guy who noticed my slingshot knee sleeves and said he's a good friend of mark bell and has an office full of slingshots sleeves and wraps. He said he'll hook me up next time he sees me.

Achieved my 1x1x160 Kg (352 lbs) deadlift goal recently! :)
Also recieved a first time ever recommendation to join a serious weightlifting gym to train under a pro coach. While its a nice compliment, I know I'm nowhere near the higher league.

Also got a weightlifting belt from a fellow gymgoer for free. But, I managed to lose it shortly afterwards. :-(

Fox318

Deadlifted my body weight for the first time today.

I've been upping my weight slowly because I want to make sure my form is good and it felt great.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
yeah, 325lbs. totally light benchwork. I can do that in my sleep. lol

Not to sound cocky, but it is light work for me.
nice. my light bench today was 4x5 @ 185 followed by a set of 9 @ 185. Not comparing, just saying we did the same body part today.

It happens!

Well, if you look closely, you'll notice that Brolic is asleep. His arms are moving because he's dreaming of McDoubles and trying to reach for them.
Lol

I haven't had one for a while either. Need to remedy that soon!

It's been a day since my procedure. It was the easiest thing ever. They drugged me up pretty good, gave me local anesthesia and popped them out in like 10 minutes. I was awake the whole time.

I'm on pain meds but I feel great so far.

RoeBear

It's been a day since my procedure. It was the easiest thing ever. They drugged me up pretty good, gave me local anesthesia and popped them out in like 10 minutes. I was awake the whole time.

I'm on pain meds but I feel great so far.
I was awake during it too. You'll probably recover just as fast as me. I'm glad it went well!

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Front squats weren't great did 345x2 again and failed 355 again...also did 315x5 beltless. Feels like I can't generate power from my hip, I know it's not a quad or core weakness. Did 5x8 @315 back squat after for hypertrophy these were really fast reps too...left me exhausted.

Tried cgbp to kill time since the squat rack was occupied by someone doing chinups...Really conscious about my RCs so I went easy and did manage 275x5, there was some discomfort doing that.

Hopefully I can stay healthy shoulder amd hip wise with all the stretching I'm doing.

Well, if you look closely, you'll notice that Brolic is asleep. His arms are moving because he's dreaming of McDoubles and trying to reach for them.

Lmao that gave me a good laugh. I'm having a large pizza to myself tonight. Brolic keeps beasting.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Been weighing myself on a scale in the gym and basing my calculated weight and resultant caloric intake off that measurement. Supposedly its 10lb off. Ordered a digital scale which should be here tomorrow. I'm already laser focused on my food measurements with a kitchen scale, it should be interesting to see my fat loss results when working with my correct bodyweight amount.

Already lost 6lb over the course of a month and a half though so I'm definitely at some sort of deficit. Just want to make sure. I'm also gon a jump to 20% caloric deficit after reading some Lyle Mcdonald opinions on deficits and preserving muscle mass (basically keep your protein intake high to preserve muscle mass). This aspect always scared me but now that I know more I'm attempting it.

I just want to get through this got damn cut so I can get back to bulking slowly and seeing larger gains in my lifts.

ILoveBish

From all the egg talk yesterday I had 4 eggs, 2 tbsp hwc, salt and pepper for breakfast today. Enjoyed it but after I def didn't want to eat eggs again. I get tired of them quickly.

Zoe

Been weighing myself on a scale in the gym and basing my calculated weight and resultant caloric intake off that measurement. Supposedly its 10lb off. Ordered a digital scale which should be here tomorrow. I'm already laser focused on my food measurements with a kitchen scale, it should be interesting to see my fat loss results when working with my correct bodyweight amount.

Supposedly? You just needed to take a dumbbell in there and weigh it.

Weighing yourself at the gym is bad practice though, it's highly unlikely you're being consistent and controlling all factors. When you get your own at home, you'll need to measure yourself at the same part of your routine in the day, same clothing, etc.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Day fiddy-one complete. Still feeling fresh and strong. It helps that I got about 12 hours last night.

Day fiddy-one complete. Still feeling fresh and strong. It helps that I got about 12 hours last night.

I can genuinely say that (childhood aside, which I can't speak for), I've never gotten that much sleep, ever. My max was 10.5 hours, and I felt like shit after it.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I can genuinely say that (childhood aside, which I can't speak for), I've never gotten that much sleep, ever. My max was 10.5 hours, and I felt like shit after it.
If I'm due for some catch up after a long week I could probably sleep 14 if I wanted.

I just can't do it, I used to sleep four hours a night then 8 on the weekend, but unless I'm ill I always wake up after 7 or 8, crazy tired or not.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Supposedly? You just needed to take a dumbbell in there and weigh it.

Weighing yourself at the gym is bad practice though, it's highly unlikely you're being consistent and controlling all factors. When you get your own at home, you'll need to measure yourself at the same part of your routine in the day, same clothing, etc.

Yeah I figured as much. I had no idea about the scale being off until some dude at the gym told me it was off as I was weighing myself. Its one of those old school counterbalance scales. Thankfully the home scale will answer that question for me and I can truly be consistent with my measurements. Will probably jump on the scale once a week after I wake up on a work day or something. Since I do Keto with carb refeeds, I'll weigh myself the day before the refeed.

Bowser

Yeah I figured as much. I had no idea about the scale being off until some dude at the gym told me it was off as I was weighing myself. Its one of those old school counterbalance scales. Thankfully the home scale will answer that question for me and I can truly be consistent with my measurements. Will probably jump on the scale once a week after I wake up on a work day or something. Since I do Keto with carb refeeds, I'll weigh myself the day before the refeed.

Same here. It's kind of fun seeing your weight shoot up 5-6 pounds after a carb refeed haha.

ILoveBish

I really like to get 7 or 8 hours of sleep. If I don't I feel it. Usually I don't need more then that. I have the luxury of never been married, no kids and single, so I have a lot of control over sleep schedule.

Faiz

I just can't do it, I used to sleep four hours a night then 8 on the weekend, but unless I'm ill I always wake up after 7 or 8, crazy tired or not.

That's pretty much me. I'd love to get more but the most I've ever been able to do outside of extraordinary circumstances is 7 or 8.

ILoveBish

Also out shopping and I haven't found a large shirt that didn't fit. Previous I could only fit into a xl at best and even then not well. Things are going well indeed.

Thanks guys, I've been a weightlifting program from Travis mash. He's great at making people strong and he's got several free programs on his site at mashelite.com

I know everyone here likes Rip but Mash and him have some bad history but I'd side with Mash every time.

SeanR1221

Thanks guys, I've been a weightlifting program from Travis mash. He's great at making people strong and he's got several free programs on his site at mashelite.com

I know everyone here likes Rip but Mash and him have some bad history but I'd side with Mash every time.

You missed when a few of us were ripping on Rip ;)

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Been really working on my grip/forearms the past few weeks, and noticing great results.

I've been doing dead-hangs from a pull-up bar for time (one and two-handed), weighted pull-ups, grip crushers, fat bar pull-ups (using these). towel pull-ups, deadlifts, and rock climbing/bouldering.

jbjY7zEOEBCi2h.JPG

Been really working on my grip/forearms the past few weeks, and noticing great results.

I've been doing dead-hangs from a pull-up bar for time (one and two-handed), weighted pull-ups, grip crushers, fat bar pull-ups (using these). towel pull-ups, deadlifts, and rock climbing/bouldering.

jbjY7zEOEBCi2h.JPG
I like your wall tiles

Rips approach to squatting is just wrong and leads to so many problems in beginners, people are better off learning from others when they first start.

Cleaning and snatching has really helped my grip, a couple weeks ago I got a 435 clean deadlift with no hook double overhand.

Haha I wish.

This was a public restroom. My bathroom sucks, as does the mirror.

Thins I'd never do...

1: Take a picture of myself in a public restroom.

:D

So a few of my friends said that I should be taking a supplement stack and recommended the following:
http://amzn.com/w/1A361VEZZ69I

Ive never taken a thing before so any thoughts?

Not entirely sure why glutamine is in there. It's not particularly commonly taken, but I'm sure there's a reason for it. Other than that, there's nothing particularly unusual.

SeanR1221

One thing I'm really trying to work with on my deadlift, is when I go down to set up, to just sit back into it, pull my lats down as I'm doing this and pull. Like this

http://youtu.be/A61Ux6t4WtU

I got in this really bad habit of going down to set up, shooting my legs up straight and then driving down into position. Steve told me immediately not to do that. It's probably the hardest cue for me to "unlearn." I think I was way overexagerating the motion before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom