• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szu

Just check out Bish's pics. Nice work, dude. Awesome progress.

I liked the "Do you even lif/selfie?" look in the second to last pic.

FE, keep it up, cool shit.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Some really awesome progress pics ! Congrats.

Last night marked the first time a wild leg day skipper appeared. I believe this is the same guy I once saw squat in skin tight jeans... cannot be sure. I also was privy to a barbell curler in the squat rack...

On a positive note my DL and Squats dipped past 200 this week. God I love this place.

andycapps

+1. I even use whey powder as a creamer.

I do use stims from time to time though, I'll admit.

Back when those Quest coupons at GNC were the rage they gave me a couple packets of some pre-workout stuff and I took it before my workout. Crushed the workout, but I was talking a mile a minute beforehand and felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Not worth it. Coffee doesn't do that to me, I just don't feel tired.

Heysoos

You know, coming to the gym solo kind of sucks sometimes. Sometimes it's nice to have that extra person motivating you a little. Or knowing you have that person spotting you just in case. Let's you push yourself a little harder. All my friends come in the afternoon though. :/ Or they stopped coming completely. Most days I don't really mind, but bleh.

SeanR1221

Back when those Quest coupons at GNC were the rage they gave me a couple packets of some pre-workout stuff and I took it before my workout. Crushed the workout, but I was talking a mile a minute beforehand and felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Not worth it. Coffee doesn't do that to me, I just don't feel tired.

The pre workout C4 sent my wife to the ER. Her heartbeat was through the roof.

---
Strength is staying but weight loss is stalling a bit. Might go to 2200-2250 soon

I've never had these kinds of wild and crazy reactions to any preworkout and I've taken some intense stuff, but I'm in no way about to defend them. No way they are good for you, but I do enjoy the feeling sometimes. However I've gotten pretty used to them now, even after extended breaks. I usually just feel the beta alanine. Coffee actually hits me harder.

That all being said I usually just recommend people drink coffee/tea before a workout if you need any kind of pick me up.

beta alanine for me.

And I feel like I am in a rut. Starting to get in that weird in between state of fat and lean. Body just feels funny. APT is a bitch. It pushes out my gut so far and it really is my fault. Didn't do nearly enough hammy or glute work and I am paying for it now.

Anyone have any recommendations for compression shorts? I've got loads of tops, but hardly any shorts and I don't really know what's good. I have some Nike ones that are sort of "ehhh", and some Sub Sports ones which are crap.

Heysoos

Anyone have any recommendations for compression shorts? I've got loads of tops, but hardly any shorts and I don't really know what's good. I have some Nike ones that are sort of "ehhh", and some Sub Sports ones which are crap.

Ah man, I was about to recommend Sup sports. At least their compression shirts, I prefer them over UA and Nike.

Seems I have the DUAL sort of compression shorts. They also do "ELITE RX Compression Shorts" which might be better for me.

I've not actually seen any under armour ones. I'll have a look at their site. Ta.

ILoveBish

Thanks everyone. Down another half a pound, no gym today either. Gonna eat plenty this weekend with family staying over, but back on schedule Monday.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
beta alanine for me.

And I feel like I am in a rut. Starting to get in that weird in between state of fat and lean. Body just feels funny. APT is a bitch. It pushes out my gut so far and it really is my fault. Didn't do nearly enough hammy or glute work and I am paying for it now.
I feel ya about the in between stage. I'm definitely smaller. My waist is evidence of that. So at the moment I don't feel like I'm lean enough to justify being this small or big enough to justify weighing this much. Good thing is it really pushes me to get strict about my diet to lose the final 10-15 pounds.

blackflag

I agree, the stage between fat and bulking and lean and dieting SUCKS.

At least bulking you full of glycogen. Dieting and looking flat sucks.

Anyone got any preworkout recommendations?
I've used shatter but it seems too expensive.

I-

I drink black coffee. Ha
+1. I even use whey powder as a creamer.

Yup, that about covers it.

I'm sorta curious as to how that works out. It sounds possibly life changing and I'm debating trying it this weekend.

Coffee + coffee whey is pretty godly.

Haha welcome to the unswoley valley, don't worry you'll get through the curve and come out looking great. And get at them hip flexors, I think correcting posture/imbalances is a more about stretching what's tight than strengthening what's weak, as well as just being mindful of it throughout the day.

manfestival

I dun goofed GAF

I decided to do a full set up pull ups today and a bunch of cardio in preparation for the Savage Race tomorrow and my forearms are now sore. What should I do?! I need these puppies for tomorrow

Matugi

Had my first ever roll of shame today...on 275. Fuck this bullshit. Time to deload. Although part of the issue may be the energy I expended to do squats before, I'm still fucking pissed.

GrapeApes

Fuck I think I might have pulled my groin doing squats last night. Its a pain to do the most basic of shit, even shitting. I fucking have to pull my leg up to brake when driving otherwise it takes forever naturally. Hopefully it aint severe and I can heal in a couple days. I can still deadlift but I'm going to have to sit out till I heal.

BumRush

All, I know this isn't a health thread, but I figured I'd post it here anyway since I love you guys. 6 weeks ago, my blood pressure was 155 / 95 (consistently..both at home and in the office), which - as a 31 year old - is way too high. The doctor gave me 6 weeks to get it down (under 135 / 80, which she said was almost impossible for that short a period of time) or she was going to put me on medicine.

Being a new dad, this freaked me the fuck out. I wanted to be around for my baby girl until I was 100. So, I completely changed my diet and got my ass back working out - both lifting 4-5 days a week and doing HIIT 4-5 times per week. There were so many days that I didn't want to exercise or eat well but I would come on here for motivation and get it done.

I just got back from my checkup and my BP was 132 / 72, so no medicine for me. On top of that, I feel amazing, look the fittest I have in a long time, and even though I dropped a ton of fat I gained 3 pounds.

Thanks again for your motivation.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Been out of this thread for too long. But I'm back on track and wanted to ask what is considered the best Quest Bar flavour? More importantly, are they still worth it for the ~20g protein if one is doing a cut?

(I'm thinking of the cookies and cream flavour btw).

manfestival

Been out of this thread for too long. But I'm back on track and wanted to ask what is considered the best Quest Bar flavour? More importantly, are they still worth it for the ~20g protein if one is doing a cut?

(I'm thinking of the cookies and cream flavour btw).
just tried like 4 of them and I think the cookies and cream was my least favorite flavor.
I also had lemon pie, double chocolate chunk, and vanilla almond crunch. My favorite was the lemon pie but I want to try more flavors. All in all to me, they were all tasty but my stress from misplacing my keys and the rain may have ruined the cookies and cream for me that day

I am new to all this but so far my favorite protein bar has been the fitcrunch cookies n cream. However, it is inferior to what you get for the quest bars(more protein, less calories, less sugar, and more food)

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Have cut about 8lbs in seven weeks, and it honestly hasn't been very difficult. Pretty liberal with my calories (1800-2100) and I sometimes struggle to even hit the minimum because I'm full.

Lots of protein/fats and moderate carbs go a long way in satiety.

blackflag

just tried like 4 of them and I think the cookies and cream was my least favorite flavor.
I also had lemon pie, double chocolate chunk, and vanilla almond crunch. My favorite was the lemon pie but I want to try more flavors. All in all to me, they were all tasty but my stress from misplacing my keys and the rain may have ruined the cookies and cream for me that day

I am new to all this but so far my favorite protein bar has been the fitcrunch cookies n cream. However, it is inferior to what you get for the quest bars(more protein, less calories, less sugar, and more food)

They are optimal when you are cutting. Basically just Protein and fiber. No one needs to cut that.

Imo the best are

Smores
Chocolate chip cookie dough
White chocolate raspberry
apple pie

Cookie and cream is good but I dunno i think it's somewhat overrated, like too much cookie or something. I don't really like cookies.

manfestival

They are optimal when you are cutting. Basically just Protein and fiber. No one needs to cut that.

Imo the best are

Smores
apple pie

Cookie and cream is good but I dunno i think it's somewhat overrated, like too much cookie or something. I don't really like cookies.
Yes I saw those and I really wanted to try all of those except the white chocolate raspberry. I need to restock on my protein bars anyways so nows a good time to taste test

For me it's all about the texture. Most of the others are chewy nightmares.
Ugh I had a few of those and they almost made me gag with that nonsense. I find them barely edible

SeanR1221

Dude, that's a lot of salt. Why so much?

Also, I just saw the FE and Bish pics from last page...holy shit guys, looking great.

The Italian meats can really rack it up. My prosciutto this morning was 1500mg!!

Two quest bars add up to 600

That's already over 2000

I could definitely be holding some extra water. Better start watching this so I get a better idea of actual fat tissue lost.

BumRush

Sean, I'd also suggest drinking a ton more water (unless you're already drinking a gallon+ a day) and having foods high in potassium to counteract the high volume of sodium.

SeanR1221

Sean, I'd also suggest drinking a ton more water (unless you're already drinking a gallon+ a day) and having foods high in potassium to counteract the high volume of sodium.

Yeah I've really been slacking on water :/

I need to refill and drink my 24ounce water bottle more.

demented

Can I post pic later for body fat estimation? Not sure if I should put it in email code don't want it posted for every lurker to see but really want to know, even with losing 6kg I don't feel like I've lost more than 1-2% bf and long way from 10-12% where I wanna be before first PROPER bulk :( eternal cut and no muscle gain :(

(ate recently so figured I'll wait a bit before taking pic to unbloat, if I did at all)

I gave up on trying to get ripped when I realised I didn't actually have any muscle to show through at low body fat. I managed to get down to about 14% and just looked ill.

Hey guys, I'm 30, haven't worked out in 10 years, am about 275, where do I start? Cardio?

You start with the OP. Then most likely you pick up some weights and take a good look at your diet.

Sadetar

Imo the best are

Smores
apple pie

I am with you there. S'mores and Chocolate chip cookie dough for the win!

All, I know this isn't a health thread, but I figured I'd post it here anyway since I love you guys. 6 weeks ago, my blood pressure was 155 / 95 (consistently..both at home and in the office), which - as a 31 year old - is way too high. The doctor gave me 6 weeks to get it down (under 135 / 80, which she said was almost impossible for that short a period of time) or she was going to put me on medicine.

Being a new dad, this freaked me the fuck out. I wanted to be around for my baby girl until I was 100. So, I completely changed my diet and got my ass back working out - both lifting 4-5 days a week and doing HIIT 4-5 times per week. There were so many days that I didn't want to exercise or eat well but I would come on here for motivation and get it done.

I just got back from my checkup and my BP was 132 / 72, so no medicine for me. On top of that, I feel amazing, look the fittest I have in a long time, and even though I dropped a ton of fat I gained 3 pounds.

Thanks again for your motivation.
This is some proper dedication right here! That is absolutely splendid - well done!

Thanks. Likewise to you. Always good to read and see people making progress. Saw your progress on the previous page.

Re: photos; I'll do a proper comparison in about ~2 months when 2 years will come full circle.
Awww, thanks. ^_^ Just hoping that next week I am able to go back to gym. :)

Oh and I am looking forward to see the glorious photos of you! :p

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Most recent gym session went...good. Though it could have gone great.

Added weight to my bench, for the first time attempting it with 45 lbs. plates. It started off great. Managed to do all the reps, and it wasn't as heavy as I was expecting. But then it would appear I spoke too soon and the next two sets I did 3 and 4 reps. Still, this was my very first attempt and it went better than I was expecting (I thought I might have only been able to do 2-3 reps per set) so I consider it a good day.

So I thought I'd get some opinions on bicep work outs. I'm doing GSLP so that has barbell curls, but I use the EZ bar (cause the straight bar hurts my wrists), and I heard somewhere that's not optimal. So I'm wondering if there are better bicep work outs?

J. Bravo

Fuck I think I might have pulled my groin doing squats last night. Its a pain to do the most basic of shit, even shitting. I fucking have to pull my leg up to brake when driving otherwise it takes forever naturally. Hopefully it aint severe and I can heal in a couple days. I can still deadlift but I'm going to have to sit out till I heal.

damn bro that sucks. other than hamstrings, groins are the worst thing to pull. hurt so bad and cripple you in so many ways. heal quickly my dude.

ILoveBish

I don't know who it was that linked the mobility workshop vid (the one in German), but a big thanks, that's probably the most interesting and informative fitness related video I think I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58dkMblR9RM

I was watching the video of the body builders who go to learn better power lifting. They both looked like they were in great shape but during reps, their arms looked nearly like mine do when i get a pump at the gym. I thought, hmm, i wonder how in shape these guys really are. Then the end came and the picture of them without their shirts. My god.. must be 5-8% body fat no? They're shredded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix-KAzHUe1I

Thats the video i'm talking about.

Faiz

Had a horrible stomach virus last week - barely ate anything for days, and I couldn't even stay hydrated. This week in the gym has been rough - backslid on squats and OHP, barely maintained on bench and deadlifts.

This was my second round of a bad stomach virus this year. EOY goals are looking so much farther off now but trying to keep my spirits up.

Completely unintentionally I think I might have finally fixed my metabolism. For the longest time I've been able to bulk on fuck all calories, but for the last few weeks I've not been able to put any weight on. Last week I said fuck it and rather than a small increment of like 100kcal a day, I added 300kcal. Stuck to it perfectly.

This week's weight gain. 0g. FUUUUUUUUUUUU...

So yeah, I'm back to being a fairly normal human being... but god knows how long it's going to take to get my calorie intake dialled again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom