• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveBish

This 5s week is going great, hit 5x170 on overhead press no issues. The first rep at 170 felt so rough but then I just told myself, this is easy and got the remaining reps very easily. Have been back at 1400 calories since Monday. Feeling real good.

7 lobster tails with butter = 1,500 calories (minimum)
50 king crab legs with butter = 1,500 calories (minimum)
3 Steaks with butter = 2,000 calories (minimum)

At minimum, that was 5K calories in one meal. Goddamn dude. Aren't you trying to LOSE weight?

I eat 1400 a day almost everyday. In fact, that was the first time I went over 3000 calories in 2015. It's a once in a while thing with the family get together. No biggie in the long run. Plus, I don't consider a calorie a calorie, if I ate high carbs at that level, I'm sure the damage would be real. But as of today, I'm partially nearing the 9th belt hole on my gym belt and I barely made it to the 8th at the end of Feb.

Not for nothing but having meals like that isn't always a bad thing. It shocks your system into metabolizing food better. I had a 3k+ meal on Friday where I was weighing 193 and now I'm 189.

Also he does keto so high fat+protein.

Yep, keto let's you get away with a lot.

The trick is to avoid the buffets. Of course, if I happen to accidentally stumble into this situation, then I can tell you I'm not coming in last place on the buffet line.

If it's a race, then I'm going to put the human race behind me and go into beast mode.

One day when fitgaf has a meet up, we'll see who wins.

IS that some kind of a keto cake you make?

Thanks, yep, keto cake is lovely. Have it every single day.

I completely agree. I had two burgers from 5 guys, a seasoned fries and a peanut butter shake the other day but there's a huge difference between 3,000 calories and 6,000-7,000...in one meal! Don't get me wrong, I respect that Bish can do it, but that's a lot of food.

Werd man, I won't stress one day of eating like that. Now if I ate what everyone else was eating, then it would be concerning.

BumRush

I eat 1400 a day almost everyday. In fact, that was the first time I went over 3000 calories in 2015. It's a once in a while thing with the family get together. No biggie in the long run. Plus, I don't consider a calorie a calorie, if I ate high carbs at that level, I'm sure the damage would be real. But as of today, I'm partially nearing the 9th belt hole on my gym belt and I barely made it to the 8th at the end of Feb.

Your progress has been sick, Bish. I'm a little salty that I wasn't in the position to effectively have all you can eat surf and turf.

entremet

Any weight lifters here? Weight lifting in the sports definition of performing the snatch and clean and jerk?

Getting bored with regular power lifting stuff, but the lifts seems to be very technical and would require a good coach to learn and master.

iddqd

This week was supposed to be "light and high rep" before the next 5/3/1 cycle.

Instead I hurt my (lower) back doing pretty light squats but going for reps.

I guess my technique sucks? I guess its true that high reps are more dangerous?

It fucked me up enough to make light deadliest impossible (crazy lower back tightness).

The "light and high reps" week will turn into a "do not much at all week" I guess.

Any weight lifters here? Weight lifting in the sports definition of performing the snatch and clean and jerk?

Getting bored with regular power lifting stuff, but the lifts seems to be very technical and would require a good coach to learn and master.

I tried teaching myself how to clean and jerk a year ago. I couldn't do the jerk part without a coach.

entremet

I tried teaching myself how to clean and jerk a year ago. I couldn't do the jerk part without a coach.

Yeah. It seems very coach specific for beginners. Oh well. Maybe some day.

Regarding roids, they are really not worth it you're not making a living with your body--athlete, actor, or model.

There are also better places to get more info on roid use.

Steroids are not illegal in every jurisdiction. But GAF is US based, where steroids are highly illegal, so it's best not ask for advice here.

DNP is highly dangerous from what I've read.

Do not do it!

Chocobro

Not yet, but I'm going to look for a WLing club and coach in August when I move back to NYC. Excited, but WLing clubs aren't cheap unless I can deal with the crowded Lost Battalion Hall and their very inconvenient and short hours. Manhattan Weightlifting Club is around #135/mo, South Brooklyn Weightlifting Club is around $189-250/mo, and there are one or two recommended CF boxes which I don't remember the prices for.

entremet

Not yet, but I'm going to look for a WLing club and coach in August when I move back to NYC. Excited, but WLing clubs aren't cheap unless I can deal with the crowded Lost Battalion Hall and their very inconvenient and short hours. Manhattan Weightlifting Club is around #135/mo, South Brooklyn Weightlifting Club is around $189-250/mo, and there are one or two recommended CF boxes which I don't remember the prices for.

I'm in new york as well. Those prices aren't too bad actually, for our neck of the woods lol.

Sadetar

I have nothing to show, but as always I'll join it.
Oh you. You having nothing to show is total nonsense and you know it. :p

Well its been 1 month since SS. Just wanted to share my progress here as I don't think my entourage cares... but im proud, and this thread is the cause of my lifestyle change.

Bench 95 to 135
Squat 125 to 215
Deadlift 155 to 225
Overhead 65 to 85
Power clean 75 to 95
Bent over 75 to 100

Only reason DL is close to squat is I was admittingly scared of the weight increases at the beginning, no im comfortable and it should properly outpace the squat soon.
Extremely good numbers for a month. You should be really proud of yourself! :D

Might as well hypothesize about you being a big purple dragon because both are equally likely to happen.
Lol.

Even though now when I think of it, him becoming a big purple dragon is way more likely to happen...

He has a kiddo and Halloween exists. Just saying. :p
41ECz62zPVL.jpg

And why oh why I nowadays associate Halloween with Sean in a Yoshi costume...

DNP stands for Damn Nice Pussy right? I've done a few cycles of that.
Alright for some, I've been stuck with the MAP (mostly average) for a while.
Hahaha, oh my gods. I am seriously laughing so hard at the moment. I so love you two. <3

And now that Halloween image in my head got that additional slutty Mario in it as well. Thanks Sean.

Chocobro

I'm in new york as well. Those prices aren't too bad actually, for our neck of the woods lol.

Yeah I guess, but I only have so much money saved up so far this kind of investment :( Hope I can work for ConEdison when I get back, then those prices won't really bother me.

But yeah, if you're interested in WLing, you can read Greg Everett's book for technique and things related to that and Bob Takano's book for programming. Based on the reddit thread I made not too long ago, general consensus is to get a coach. The thread has a few places and coaches in NYC (I assume NYC when you say you're in NY as well) mentioned if you want to take a peak.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So anyone on Candito's 6 week program?. Just started it this week. First day wasnt too bad and today was goin well until weighted pull ups. Had nothing after trying to do a 2nd set of 12. So to make up I'm doing curls since its mentioned in the program though the excel sheet says another shoulder exercise instead.

GrapeApes

So anyone on Candito's 6 week program?. Just started it this week. First day wasnt too bad and today was goin well until weighted pull ups. Had nothing after trying to do a 2nd set of 12. So to make up I'm doing curls since its mentioned in the program though the excel sheet says another shoulder exercise instead.
I've been running it for like 5 cycles. Deadlifts and squats been going up but bench has been stalled for like the last 2 cycles. If all goes like plan looking at deadlifting 500 in 2-3 cycles. Good program for squats and deads.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Absolutely. I cringe when I look back on half the shit I did back then.

You do the 300s today?

Lol, we all do I'm sure, and yeah I posted it above. I'll repost.

Here ya go gents. 312lbs per hand for 50ft with only one drop. The other two were working up to 312. It's 282 and 262. Full,log is in video descriptions.

Walking with 624lbs makes me feel like a man, lol.

http://youtu.be/c4aqLDm760o

BumRush

Absolutely incredible dude. It's sort of hard to comprehend until you realize that's carrying 3+ modern refrigerators or 4 of me...by yourself...for 50 feet. Goddamn.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I've been running it for like 5 cycles. Deadlifts and squats been going up but bench has been stalled for like the last 2 cycles. If all goes like plan looking at deadlifting 500 in 2-3 cycles. Good program for squats and deads.
Nice I'm happy with my deadlift but squat could use some help. I'm hoping I up my bench and OHP though. Also thinking I'll switch weighted pull ups to something else since it seems too ridiculous to try for me otherwise. Besides that I'm doing OHP as one of the accessories.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What else is crazy is the fact that he trap bar DLs 624lbs when he starts his walk. Badass Brolic!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Absolutely incredible dude. It's sort of hard to comprehend until you realize that's carrying 3+ modern refrigerators or 4 of me...by yourself...for 50 feet. Goddamn.

Appreciate it bud.

Holy shit, I think you broke the ground when you had that second drop. It looks like a bit of path goes rolling away.

That aside, carrying that much weight around blows my mind. I've never tried to see how much I could lift like that, but I would be very surprised if it was even half what you're doing there.

Edit - lol, I just noticed you had an audience on the way back.

Neighbors usually come out when I train, I'm used to it by now. Kid (I say kid, he's a giant high school dude) at the end of the culdesac wants to train with me. I might let him, and that's not the driveway, the plug came off of the handle. They do that sometimes. And those two after the first were actually the sets prior to 312.

From what I've been told "elite competition weight" for farmers is 1.5x your weight in each hand. So im about 40llbs shy of that. Which is pretty good I think.

What else is crazy is the fact that he trap bar DLs 624lbs when he starts his walk. Badass Brolic!

Thanks bud!

BumRush

Yeah, I feel like that's already pretty "elite" brolic, but 350 is going to blow peoples minds.

Unrelated, a guy at the gym was doing lunge drop sets... with dumbbells... starting a 25 lbs and working his way down to 10 lbs. He probably weighed a buck eighty? I hated every single thing about it

I've been doing it for a little over a year, I'm still learning a lot and I'm only at 235/275 but it's all slowly coming together.

GrapeApes

Nice I'm happy with my deadlift but squat could use some help. I'm hoping I up my bench and OHP though. Also thinking I'll switch weighted pull ups to something else since it seems too ridiculous to try for me otherwise. Besides that I'm doing OHP as one of the accessories.
I had to stop doing OHP. Just couldn't do it back to back after bench. I'd always want to lift like I was fresh. I go bench, dumbell row, seated dumbbell press, and lat pulldown. Usually pass on the optional suff. May change up my accessories next cycle.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I had to stop doing OHP. Just couldn't do it back to back after bench. I'd always want to lift like I was fresh. I go bench, dumbell row, seated dumbbell press, and lat pulldown. Usually pass on the optional suff. May change up my accessories next cycle.

Ahh I feel the same on weighted pull ups. Tried it with just 5 lbs and was like yeah this isn't sustainable. Haven't done lat pulldowns but maybe I'll sub that in or something else for my last accessory. I'll probably be skipping the optional stuff as well though I may throw in curls if I have energy and haven't spent too much time at the gym.

Cooter

Skipping OHP when it isn't injury related? Not doing weighted pull ups due to fatique? I would keep them both in my routine at all costs. They are serious difference makers for both aesthetics and strength.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Skipping OHP when it isn't injury related? Not doing weighted pull ups due to fatique? I would keep them both in my routine at all costs. They are serious difference makers for both aesthetics and strength.

Damnit Cooter!. Now I have to try and keep weighted pull ups in my routine. I was able to 12 reps today but the program asked for another set of 12, 10, then 8. I had nothing after doing 3 reps for the 2nd set :(.

Cooter

Damnit Cooter!. Now I have to try and keep weighted pull ups in my routine. I was able to 12 reps today but the program asked for another set of 12, 10, then 8. I had nothing after doing 3 reps for the 2nd set :(.
Stick with it. You'll thank me later.

Cooter

Alright, challenge accepted!. I'll keep at it when I go back to the gym on Thursday. And I'll also be continue to work at getting that straight muscle up with no kick.
Good shit. Feel free to PM me with questions or accomplishments if you don't feel like posting here. We need more masters of the pull up bar around here!

When I slim down this summer I plan on posting a bunch of pull up/muscle up videos. Going for a 60lb weighted muscle up this season!

3phemeral

Question fitgaf:

I was recently sick for almost 4 weeks (got a cold and then just as that cold was clearing up, it relapsed into a heavy lung infection). I've been going to the gym almost every day (occasionally missing weekends) and have been gaining a consistent amount of mass while still maintaining a relatively lean profile (was hovering around 163 while slowly gaining every week at 5'11).

During my sick month, I tried to eat healthy but there were times where I was so bad, I just couldn't get myself out of bed (admittedly, at some point I just became used to not exerting any effort while sick) and let my diet go while ordering delivery. I engorged on pizza (thanks %50-off, Dominoes), hamburgers, and subs after eating all the healthy foods in my fridge. I justified it by assuming I could take a relatively short binge period but now the problem:

After returning to the gym, I've somehow jumped from 165 to 180lbs. My question is this: Should I try to do a quick weight-loss period or just continue with heavy lifting, eating healthy, and letting my body take care of it? Not sure if attempting to slim down to 165-ish will cause me to lose muscle mass?

Your advice is immensely appreciated!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Question fitgaf:

I was recently sick for almost 4 weeks (got a cold and then just as that cold was clearing up, it relapsed into a heavy lung infection). I've been going to the gym almost every day (occasionally missing weekends) and have been gaining a consistent amount of mass while still maintaining a relatively lean profile (was hovering around 163 while slowly gaining every week at 5'11).

During my sick month, I tried to eat healthy but there were times where I was so bad, I just couldn't get myself out of bed (admittedly, at some point I just became used to not exerting any effort while sick) and let my diet go while ordering delivery. I engorged on pizza (thanks %50-off Dominoes), hamburgers, and subs after eating all the healthy foods in my fridge. I justified it by assuming I could take a relatively short binge period but now the problem:

After returning to the gym, I've somehow jumped from 165 to 180lbs. My question is this: Should I try to do a quick weight-loss period or just continue with heavy lifting , eating healthy, and letting my body take care of it? Not sure if attempting to slim down to 165-ish will cause me to lose muscle mass?

Your advice is immensely appreciated!

Continue on as you were as if nothing happened.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Good shit. Feel free to PM me with questions or accomplishments if you don't feel like posting here. We need more masters of the pull up bar around here!

When I slim down this summer I plan on posting a bunch of pull up/muscle up videos. Going for a 60lb weighted muscle up this season!

Thanks for the positive encouragement, will do if I have any question and I'll update my progress.

Also damn 60 lbs?!. I still can't believe you hit that 45 lb muscle up a few years ago.

3phemeral

Continue on as you were as if nothing happened.

Great. I figured as much but having my clothes fit super tight is putting me through one of those phases where I feel uncomfortably swollen after all the progress I was making these past few months. I never thought I would actually gain that much in such a short time. I'll have to push on and just literally work my ass off with those weights. Thank you for the succinct advice.

blackflag

I was a teenager, should be enough of an explanation. And it was horrible.

I could easily live without meat....just couldn't live without eggs, milk, whey. I can do without cheese too.

Wish I didn't have to eat meat as much as I do. Not for moral reasons just fuckin tired of it

Scarecrow

Is there a good exercise wiki? I hate asking dumb questions all the time. Like this one:

So, what exactly is cutting? Is it just eating less on some days/weeks?

despire

I might get some hate for going this extreme or for what I'm about to do but here it goes:

my plan, starting tomorrow is as follows: a cycle of DNP (4 days 250 then 15 500mg, got that much left) while I follow intermittent fasting and PSMF diet and both lift 3 times a week and do cardio whenever I can. With all this I should lose A LOT of remaining fat and hopefully drop sub 15% levels where I'll finally be happy. I know this is all very hard but I think I'll be able to do it since it's very strict on what to eat so don't have much wiggle room there unless I wanna screw up on purpose, and also the day by day loss will just be more motivating. This will be followed by reverse diet of adding 100 calories per week and introducing carbs slowly until I get to lean bulking phase, surplus of 200-400 calories on top of my TDEE.
I have pre pics, I will take post pics too, if I really go through this 100% and don't play around I really believe I will achieve what I need and from there on do things properly, without this forever cutting slow ass progress mode.

Now I know this is far ahead but after year or more of lifting properly when I finally stop progressing in both strength and more importantly size, I will also do steroids, I'm that serious about all this, just need to get through this month and start it all.

Thoughts? I know main criticism is why go through all this, and future plan, without proper consistency, you'll just revert back to old ways etc, but I truly believe, no I know I won't, as soon as I'm done shredding bit more weight and bf% the motivation and everything will skyrocket even more. Anything is possible tho but knowing myself I think I'll go through with it all.

P.S. Friend on that there test dbol cycle, the gainz oh the gainz and it can be done much more efficiently and effectively than what he's doing.

Edit: There's really no need to say any of this but I'm looking for thoughts and well it will in a sense make me more accountable, gotta do it and go through with it now, additional motivation to finish it :)

Dude... You are above 15 bf%... You don't need PED's to drop fat. You can drop it easily by just dieting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom