• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szu

Dang it!!!

I have to go to a training course for the next two weeks. I found out that they will provide free bagels and snacks.

What's next??? Hey, it's raining ice cream.

I might get some hate for going this extreme or for what I'm about to do but here it goes:

my plan, starting tomorrow is as follows: a cycle of DNP (4 days 250 then 15 500mg, got that much left) while I follow intermittent fasting and PSMF diet and both lift 3 times a week and do cardio whenever I can. With all this I should lose A LOT of remaining fat and hopefully drop sub 15% levels where I'll finally be happy. I know this is all very hard but I think I'll be able to do it since it's very strict on what to eat so don't have much wiggle room there unless I wanna screw up on purpose, and also the day by day loss will just be more motivating. This will be followed by reverse diet of adding 100 calories per week and introducing carbs slowly until I get to lean bulking phase, surplus of 200-400 calories on top of my TDEE.
I have pre pics, I will take post pics too, if I really go through this 100% and don't play around I really believe I will achieve what I need and from there on do things properly, without this forever cutting slow ass progress mode.

Now I know this is far ahead but after year or more of lifting properly when I finally stop progressing in both strength and more importantly size, I will also do steroids, I'm that serious about all this, just need to get through this month and start it all.

Thoughts? I know main criticism is why go through all this, and future plan, without proper consistency, you'll just revert back to old ways etc, but I truly believe, no I know I won't, as soon as I'm done shredding bit more weight and bf% the motivation and everything will skyrocket even more. Anything is possible tho but knowing myself I think I'll go through with it all.

P.S. Friend on that there test dbol cycle, the gainz oh the gainz and it can be done much more efficiently and effectively than what he's doing.

Edit: There's really no need to say any of this but I'm looking for thoughts and well it will in a sense make me more accountable, gotta do it and go through with it now, additional motivation to finish it :)

I don't know why you would take gear to drop sub 15%. That makes 0 sense to me as it is something that is completely achievable on your own and honestly, quite easily too. I see no use for DNP for you. Hell, if you really wanted to do roids, at least start with test. That makes more sense.

I have some friends who use roids and if you want to do it, do the proper research and be safe. I'm cool with it either way as it really doesn't impact me. In your situation tho, it seems like you are trying to use it as a shortcut and even if you do hop on it, you expect it to be some sort of magic juice that will get you to where you want. You still need to bust your ass off and put the time in.

Cooper

Here ya go gents. 312lbs per hand for 50ft with only one drop. The other two were working up to 312. It's 282 and 262. Full,log is in video descriptions.

Walking with 624lbs makes me feel like a man, lol.

I guess I won't bother sharing my video where I carry in 3 grocery bags at once. :p

Amazing strength. Have you noticed any improved grip carry-over to other exercises or activities?

I might get some hate for going this extreme or for what I'm about to do but here it goes:

my plan, starting tomorrow is as follows: a cycle of DNP (4 days 250 then 15 500mg, got that much left) while I follow intermittent fasting and PSMF diet and both lift 3 times a week and do cardio whenever I can. With all this I should lose A LOT of remaining fat and hopefully drop sub 15% levels where I'll finally be happy. I know this is all very hard but I think I'll be able to do it since it's very strict on what to eat so don't have much wiggle room there unless I wanna screw up on purpose, and also the day by day loss will just be more motivating. This will be followed by reverse diet of adding 100 calories per week and introducing carbs slowly until I get to lean bulking phase, surplus of 200-400 calories on top of my TDEE.
I have pre pics, I will take post pics too, if I really go through this 100% and don't play around I really believe I will achieve what I need and from there on do things properly, without this forever cutting slow ass progress mode.

Now I know this is far ahead but after year or more of lifting properly when I finally stop progressing in both strength and more importantly size, I will also do steroids, I'm that serious about all this, just need to get through this month and start it all.

Thoughts? I know main criticism is why go through all this, and future plan, without proper consistency, you'll just revert back to old ways etc, but I truly believe, no I know I won't, as soon as I'm done shredding bit more weight and bf% the motivation and everything will skyrocket even more. Anything is possible tho but knowing myself I think I'll go through with it all.

P.S. Friend on that there test dbol cycle, the gainz oh the gainz and it can be done much more efficiently and effectively than what he's doing.

Edit: There's really no need to say any of this but I'm looking for thoughts and well it will in a sense make me more accountable, gotta do it and go through with it now, additional motivation to finish it :)

Pretty sure everyone's said enough about the cons of your method, I just kinda wanted to point out that this is practically all theory and zero execution. Even the part about your motivation depends on your future results lol. You use a lot of neat abbreviations and buzzwords (I actually had to google DNP...) so I'm getting the impression that there's been more finger exercise in google rather than anything else.

All that said though, whatever you plan to do I hope it works well for you.

Brolic is still strong as always. Good work, as usual!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anyone ever deal with forearm numbness after low bar squats? I switched to a thumbless grip to alleviate the wrist pain I was having and while that problem is solved I have a weird numbness on the inside of my left forearm. Its probably just from switching forms and pulling my elbows together more then I usually do but I wasn't sure.

Anyone ever deal with forearm numbness after low bar squats? I switched to a thumbless grip to alleviate the wrist pain I was having and while that problem is solved I have a weird numbness on the inside of my left forearm. Its probably just from switching forms and pulling my elbows together more then I usually do but I wasn't sure.

I'll have that doing squats after deadlifts sometimes. For me its usually from forearm fatigue.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I guess I won't bother sharing my video where I carry in 3 grocery bags at once. :p

Amazing strength. Have you noticed any improved grip carry-over to other exercises or activities?

Lol, thanks.

Yeah, I don't even train deadlifts normal anymore. I use straps most of the time. Farmer walks are also a full body exercise and I've noticed carry over to deadlift and squat. As well as my "loading."

Numbness isn't anything to dismiss. I had it in my leg once and it ended up being severe sciatica that had me near crippled for months.

Thanks man!

I feel like this has been posted before, but if not, take warning friends.

KyPM6DV.png

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Yeah son! PRd on Squat for 245lb x 6 with great form!

Deadlift still stuck at 375 though. Will eventually hit the 8 reps.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
GAF,

Is there a good site that gives a good overview of the different machines you find at the gym?

Also, I was able to leg press 395lbs today for 10 reps (max the machine goes to)

mkenyon

Banned
So I rolled my ankle pretty severely on Monday, have done all the typical things to hopefully get me on the mend soon. Have a doctor's appointment soonish to check on it, make sure there isn't something more serious than a sprain.

Until then, anyone recommend something not involving my legs for good cardio? I was so damn close to getting back to my best 3 mile time, and want to hang on to some of the progress I made over the last few months.

J. Bravo

didn't read the post, just saw the reactions so I figured I'd offer some advice.

For your first cycle, run a baseline of test. that's it. like 6 on 6 off. I don't really recall the specifics since it's been a long time last I read anything about gear. After you run the baseline test cycle, and are fully recovered, you can add more shit like dbol or w/e. but you always run test with everything. if you have any questions you can pm me if you want. I know some smart people.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
didn't read the post, just saw the reactions so I figured I'd offer some advice.

For your first cycle, run a baseline of test. that's it. like 6 on 6 off. I don't really recall the specifics since it's been a long time last I read anything about gear. After you run the baseline test cycle, and are fully recovered, you can add more shit like dbol or w/e. but you always run test with everything. if you have any questions you can pm me if you want. I know some smart people.

Please keep is shit off of here. Just PM him if you both wanna share steroid use stories. I and others would appreciate it.

Sick deadman training. Oops, I mean strongman.

Thanks bud!

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Does your gym have a bench, rack, cage, etc.?

Yeah,

Our gym has

-Racks
-Benches
-Suspension Machines (?) Not really sure how to use these.*
-Leg/Chest Presses
-Crunch Machine
-Leg Lifts

etc...
Not sure what a cage woukd be?

Mostly I was wondering if there is a good site to look at different workouts using the suspension machines.

I don't really use the squat rack or bench ever though.

J. Bravo

Please keep is shit off of here. Just PM him if you both wanna share steroid use stories. I and others would appreciate it.

Thanks bud!

I've never used. I looked into it a long ass time ago but came to the conclusion there was no real point for me other than being a shortcut for my laziness. I get it tho, which is why I told him to PM me.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
what's the big deal about talking about it in the thread? just the legal issues?

Could encourage beginners or people who just don't know better to try something dangerous.

Numbness isn't anything to dismiss. I had it in my leg once and it ended up being severe sciatica that had me near crippled for months.

Oh shit. If it happens again after my training session on Friday I'll schedule an appointment with my doctor.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So fitgaf asked some questions the other day, need some answers though. Left arm is REALLY tight around my shoulder, but below it, hard to isolate where, feels almost like where you get punched for a dead arm. I think it's my tricep, but can't seem to isolate it. It hurts at first, but after a bit of warming up it gets a lot looser. I'm assuming it's a spasm, but really unsure, never had something like this. It's the worst doing an overhead press of any sort.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
And this is a fitness thread promoting health. Steroid use is neither healthy nor fitness related.

entremet

Bill Starr, creator of Mad Cow 5 x 5, passed away.

RIP.

He was responsible for popularizing strength training in the NFL.

BumRush

Yeah,

Our gym has

-Racks
-Benches
-Leg/Chest Presses
-Crunch Machine
-Leg Lifts

etc...

Mostly I was wondering if there is a good site to look at different workouts using the suspension machines.

Can I ask why you'd rather use the machines than the rack / bench? You'd be doing yourself a disservice continuing that.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
what's the big deal about talking about it in the thread? just the legal issues?

I touched on it before, but this thread is full of beginners and lurkers. THe perpetuation of drug use is already overly prevalent, we don't need to keep the cycle going. Steroids are illegal. Steroids have serious side effects minimally 3 things will happen (any number of the 3) gyno, baldness, and/or acne. In the middle they make whatever mental health issue you had before worse, or give you mental health issues. They mess with your natural hormones and can completely kill your ability to make your own. Many people are on TRT because they fucked with steroids earlier in life. And at the severe end, they can kill you.

Could encourage beginners or people who just don't know better to try something dangerous.

Oh shit. If it happens again after my training session on Friday I'll schedule an appointment with my doctor.

And this is a fitness thread promoting health. Steroid use is neither healthy nor fitness related.

And both of these. and not to toot our own horns but I don't want people thinking to get cooter/Darth/bum/szu's body they need steroids. Likewise, I don't want anyone thinking they need to run a cycle to get strong. Unless you're making money off of strength sports/bodybuilding/YouTube/Instagram it's an idiotic idea. And even then in most cases it's a stupid idea. And most people looking to use haven't even come CLOSE to their natural potential.

That's all the more I'll say on it.

blackflag

I agree with just keeping it out. It would just end up shitting up the thread at the very least and encourage some young kid to do something stupid at the worst.

Szu

Yeah,

Our gym has

-Racks
-Benches
-Leg/Chest Presses
-Crunch Machine
-Leg Lifts

etc...

This is an example of a cage or better know as a power cage.
610-power-cage.jpg

As for suspension cable workouts, you can probably google a ton of different routines. Essentially, suspension workouts are just modified BW workouts, which is fine for certain goals.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
This is an example of a cage or better know as a power cage.
610-power-cage.jpg

As for suspension cable workouts, you can probably google a ton of different routines. Essentially, suspension workouts are just modified BW workouts, which is fine for certain goals.

Yeah we have a couple of cages as well. Thanks I will check some out, I've always done free weights but I'm attempting to delve into other methods and mix and match.

Can I ask why you'd rather use the machines than the rack / bench? You'd be doing yourself a disservice continuing that.

I'm more comfortable using the machines than the rack or bench. I will try working both in for a bit and see how it feels

I do free weight workouts mostly though, I just use the machines to supplement that.

entremet

I agree with just keeping it out. It would just end up shitting up the thread at the very least and encourage some young kid to do something stupid at the worst.

There's always r/steroids for serious fitness/non tested powerlifting folks.

Unless you're making money with your body, roids aren't worth the trouble.

Back in the golden era bodybuilding days if you couldn't deadlift 500 for reps, you would have to pay your dues before even shown them.

Sadly, people like Zyzz have led many young kids to start doing them just to get beach bodies.

MjFrancis

I've been watching a lot more Chris Duffin videos after watching his squat tutorial with SuperTraining. Here's an interesting blog post of his about the effects of taking 1-2 shots of alcohol before a heavy lift.

http://www.kabukiwarrior.com/whiskeyanddeadlifts/

Frank Yang was right all along.
He spends a copious amount of time on social media, I'd be surprised if he didn't catch wind of that article by now.

And despite the disclaimer, I am looking forward to trying Chris Duffin's method one day. Good thing I have a home gym, I don't suppose my local Anytime Fitness would appreciate me walking in there with a bottle of Knob Creek.

Kraftwerk

Well mates,

I'm going to a gym tomorrow for the first time in my life. Kinda nervous. I joined more than a year ago, but due to health reasons, surgery etc I couldn't actually go.

I realised I have gained some weight, and I am not as strong as I used to be. I want to get back in shape properly.

Any routines or tips you have for me? I want to lose 20lbw and just have some definition really.

I already eat healthy, and have lost most of the weight I gained due to being doormant and lazy due to surgery and medication. Almost there.

Again, I'm both excited and nervous 😰

ILoveBish

5x330 was kinda iffy on deadlift today, kept thinking, how am I going to get my last set of 375x5? I just thought, there is no way I'm walking away without hitting all my reps.

Mentally prepped, music blasting, I get to the bar and knock out 375x5 really clean. Felt so rewarding. Love working out so much, damn.

Last 2 days with no cake is killing me, but oven is now fixed. Cake tonight!

So for the first time ever I found myself asking for two mains at a restaurant. Anyone else sympathise? At least the guy knew that I was after the protein. :D

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well mates,

I'm going to a gym tomorrow for the first time in my life. Kinda nervous. I joined more than a year ago, but due to health reasons, surgery etc I couldn't actually go.

I realised I have gained some weight, and I am not as strong as I used to be. I want to get back in shape properly.

Any routines or tips you have for me? I want to lose 20lbw and just have some definition really.

I already eat healthy, and have lost most of the weight I gained due to being doormant and lazy due to surgery and medication. Almost there.

Read the OP. It should answer most of your questions and if you have any specific ones it doesn't answer than ask here. Have fun at the gym!.

MjFrancis

So for the first time ever I found myself asking for two mains at a restaurant. Anyone else sympathise? At least the guy knew that I was after the protein. :D
I'd conform to social norms and just have a second meal at home - at least if I was at a fancy enough place that would divide their menu between appetizers and main courses.

Alternatively, throw me in a BBQ joint or a Teriyaki house and all bets are off.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ok, so the past three weeks, this has happened:

I miss my last workout day, and then work out through what would have been my day off.

Am I technically looking at a deficit, or is this ok? I'm really strict about my workouts, and I don't like to miss any days.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ok, so the past three weeks, this has happened:

I miss my last workout day, and then work out through what would have been my day off.

Am I technically looking at a deficit, or is this ok? I'm really strict about my workouts, and I don't like to miss any days.

You will be fine. Missing a day isn't the end of the world. Continue as normal.

He spends a copious amount of time on social media, I'd be surprised if he didn't catch wind of that article by now.

And despite the disclaimer, I am looking forward to trying Chris Duffin's method one day. Good thing I have a home gym, I don't suppose my local Anytime Fitness would appreciate me walking in there with a bottle of Knob Creek.

I'll be honest, I'll probably give it a shot (pun intended) for shite and giggles after my comps.

Well mates,

Nerves are normal. Don't be afraid to ask people for help. And read the OP. Also, do less than you think you should. You will thank me when you try to take a shit the next day.

demented

Dude... You are above 15 bf%... You don't need PED's to drop fat. You can drop it easily by just dieting.
I don't know why you would take gear to drop sub 15%. That makes 0 sense to me as it is something that is completely achievable on your own and honestly, quite easily too. I see no use for DNP for you. Hell, if you really wanted to do roids, at least start with test. That makes more sense.

I have some friends who use roids and if you want to do it, do the proper research and be safe. I'm cool with it either way as it really doesn't impact me. In your situation tho, it seems like you are trying to use it as a shortcut and even if you do hop on it, you expect it to be some sort of magic juice that will get you to where you want. You still need to bust your ass off and put the time in.
I'm not, part about them is way into the future. If you meant DNP it isn't considered PED it's just a somewhat* dangerous compound (*if you do right dosage and take other stuff almost no side effects) that will give you months progress in a week, still need to do everything else right including diet, it will just happen faster. It's very demonized and a lot of misinformation about it, mainly because people take too much and well die but that can happen with a lot of things. I'm not recommending anyone to do it just being honest, plus it's internet and somewhat anonymous :)

Pretty sure everyone's said enough about the cons of your method, I just kinda wanted to point out that this is practically all theory and zero execution. Even the part about your motivation depends on your future results lol. You use a lot of neat abbreviations and buzzwords (I actually had to google DNP...) so I'm getting the impression that there's been more finger exercise in google rather than anything else.

All that said though, whatever you plan to do I hope it works well for you.

I do research and read a lot so there's that but we'll see, it's not that that I don't do anything else because I do, a lot but I'm always looking into doing things better, improving etc.

Thanks, but not gonna do any anabolics for a long time and I'll be sure I've done tooon of research when the time comes it's just that I'm aware at some point I will, and don't wanna talk about them here as it's been pointed out. But you're right for first cycle but let's not go in specifics now.

p.s. I don't post here a lot but I do read it daily and feel like part of community and I'm sorry if it looks like I'm jumping in with bs or hijicking thread to talk about it just wanted to write about what I'm planning to do for 20ish days and see what others think, and I got that so it's ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom