• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Look at this sharp dressed mother fucker and his matching belt/shirt combo.

Nice press too brah.

Thanks buddy!

Haha. Thanks. That's not even taking into account I'm wearing these too.

m21865-web1.jpg

mdsfx

Do you guys round your back during deadlifts? I was under the impression that was bad form and that you should maintain a straight back, if not slightly curved inwards (ass out). I keep seeing people round their back...

Cooter

Oh man, is this one of those arguments that goes back forth for eternity until we just stop talking about it? If so... never-mind lol
At weight near your 1RM there will be some rounding. I don't think there is anyway to avoid it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oh man, is this one of those arguments that goes back forth for eternity until we just stop talking about it? If so... never-mind lol

Typically it's bad, but for some people it works. If you see someone pulling 550+ with clean form but a rounded back its fair to say it works for them.

Haha. Thanks. That's not even taking into account I'm wearing these too.

nothing like having your whole outfit on point, lol. I always feel a little weird when everything matches but my favorite gym shirts are black and red, then I have the red adipowers and my wrist straps are black and red. Waaaayy too matchy matchy

Cooter

nothing like having your whole outfit on point, lol. I always feel a little weird when everything matches but my favorite gym shirts are black and red, then I have the red adipowers and my wrist straps are black and red. Waaaayy too matchy matchy
Look good. Feel good. Lift huge!

Pakoe

Ooooh. You look totally sweet at the moment. I can only imagine what you look like after a cut. (Even though I admittedly like the look of people on a bulk. At least you look damn gorgeous.)

You're too kind, thank you so much!

I've never had a headache. That's some crazy shit huh?

What. How?
TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.

Beautiful day, so sandbag runs! In the video 200lbs for 75ft twice and 150ft once. I'm getting quicker. I'm also tired as hell. Full log was
Sandbag runs: 50lbs x 300ft, 150lbsx50ft,75ft,75ft, 200lbs x 50ft, 75ft x3 and 150ftx2

250lb sandbag bear hug lap x 5 singles all failed.

http://youtu.be/umduob7OBAo

So..... I recorded my 1st set of 195x3 on OHP and accidently erased it. After another set of 195x3 I decided to attempt 200x3 and failed on my 3rd rep. Ugh Anyway, here it is Cudder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Wk_ukP4UU&feature=youtu.be

Now that's some serious strength you guys have, amazing.

DrFurbs

Do you guys round your back during deadlifts? I was under the impression that was bad form and that you should maintain a straight back, if not slightly curved inwards (ass out). I keep seeing people round their back...

Never round your back mate.

Powercast

I agree with that guy. I mean telling a beginner who doesn't care about PL numbers and just wants to look good to do a program like SS with such low upperbody volume is a pretty stupid recommendation. I even heard people recommending skipping bicep curls and side raises because "it affects recovery" lol Some people just don't give a shit about squat and deadlifts numbers, and that's ok.

demented

I've been reading comments on there and a lot of people cling to few irrelevant things or don't get it.

Anyhow I've been doing ICF and added side laterals and facepulls and also removed 1 squat from 3 workouts, and now gonna switch other one to front squats. I care about strength to some point but more about hypertrophy, but as I still need to build more strength overall sticking with it for few months more.

BumRush

I agree with that guy. I mean telling a beginner who doesn't care about PL numbers and just wants to look good to do a program like SS with such low upperbody volume is a pretty stupid recommendation. I even heard people recommending skipping bicep curls and side raises because "it affects recovery" lol Some people just don't give a shit about squat and deadlifts numbers, and that's ok.

I agree to an extent, but squat and DL will have a major impact on other muscle groups and aesthetics due to secondaries hit and testosterone released. With that said, strength programs are definitely not for everyone.

SeanR1221

I agree to an extent, but squat and DL will have a major impact on other muscle groups and aesthetics due to secondaries hit and testosterone released. With that said, strength programs are definitely not for everyone.

Not to mention the accessory stuff becomes easier once you build a good strength base.

On the topic of 'normal' squats vs front squats. I tend to do both. I do normal squats to parallel and then do front squats 'ass to grass'. Haven't been doing it long enough (a couple of weeks) to notice any difference yet.

Anyone else do something similar?

dankir

Hit 405 on clean Dead lifts yesterday listening to the Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack. Turbo Killer ( which may not be from it actually ) and roller mobster get you pumped up!

mdsfx

Ran 9 miles today in prep for the 6.2-mile race next weekend. 9 is a personal best for distance. The hills though... Yeesh. Kept an 8:45 pace on average, although my last mile was 7:40 (the guy in front was politely taunting me to race him to the finish).

Hurt like hell at the end, but i was happy to complete it. Time to eat!

Edit: I just realized this is specifically a lifting thread, not cardio/general fitness. Sorry for the random post.

Hiz_95

On the topic of 'normal' squats vs front squats. I tend to do both. I do normal squats to parallel and then do front squats 'ass to grass'. Haven't been doing it long enough (a couple of weeks) to notice any difference yet.

Anyone else do something similar?
I do, atm my main squatting movement is just below parallel pause squats, always follow them with back off sets of close stance atg squats, both highbar. I feel like squatting like this carrys over well to my deadlift

mdsfx

Anyone here a fan of weighted pullups using a dip belt? I love that sh*t. It enabled me to finally do a muscle-up and seems to be making a huge difference on back/bis days in combination with bent over rows.

Cooter

Anyone here a fan of weighted pullups using a dip belt? I love that sh*t. It enabled me to finally do a muscle-up and seems to be making a huge difference on back/bis days in combination with bent over rows.
I'm a high ranking member in the fan club. Love em'

BumRush

Absolutely love them.

How much more to go, Brolic?

Hiz_95

They're one of my favourite lifts, also think they're underrated as a movement and more people should think of them as a primary lift as opposed to an afterthought.

Cooter

They're one of my favourite lifts, also think they're underrated as a movement and more people should think of them as a primary lift as opposed to an afterthought.
I have a dedicated DL day and weighted pull ups are the main movement on my back/traps day. I agree.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I was reading this over thinking it applied to me but I were to cut now from skinny fat without a lot of lean mass, I would just end up looking just plain skinny. I'm not looking to get a beach body yet, I just want to get bigger. Probably gonna continue what I'm doing for a couple more months until I can properly transition off SL5x5.

This post also made me laugh:

Are we catering to the obese people now in /r/fitness[1] ? SS is for a strength base. It's like being a lvl 1 peasant in a MMORPG leveling up to lvl 20 before switching class to Powerlifter or Bodybuilding. You aint doing shit without a strengh base. And yes, obviously lose weight if you're fat before. But if you're skinny fat, just fucking lift weights man and eat healthy.

demented

It has some good points, some bad but I guess overall it depends on person if and what part of advice should be taken.

I think we're in same situation only I chose to cut instead of bulk or try to recomp because I started working out to lose some weight and get moving, but now when I did lose enough and met my original goal I want to get good body and I figured it would be better to just get plain skinny or as skinny I can be to permit weight gain instead of just trying to bulk, getting more fat then before, albeit with some muscles underneath it, and then do even longer cut and risk losing a lot of those gains. Idk this is a complicated situation and hard to decide what to do.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Two months now since I've had the Captains of Crush Trainer grip, and I just managed to completely shut it for 32 reps. When I first got it I could barely manage to close it one or two times.

Weighted pull-ups are a staple of my exercise regime. I do them three times a week. I do them at the end of my workouts and try to do as many reps as possible in three sets with two or three minute rests. First day is with 25lbs, second day with 35lbs, and third day with 45lbs; and repeat weekly.

sphinx

the piano man
to add my 2 cents,every lurker/beginner trying to figure out things and reading this:

learn and incorporate pull-ups right now into your routine, whatever the goal, whatever the program, Easily the best bang for your buck on Back days.

my gym got new benches. the seats are too squishy. every time I unrack, I sink into the cushions making it hard to rerack after

I don't like change

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You are clearly on steroids Sean. Just come clean already.

Notice that each picture is becoming more and more clear. Clear taking PED (Pixel enhancing drugs). /s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom